Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

ChocolatePancake posted:

I don't think I should be immobilized, only Kir Kanos should be. Anyway, I'm jumping up and grabbing the chest, as planned.
Frost Demons had a "Immobilize every enemy within Range2" the previous Round!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

ChocolatePancake posted:

I don't think I should be immobilized, only Kir Kanos should be. Anyway, I'm jumping up and grabbing the chest, as planned.

Looks like you went first last round and jumped into range of the frost demon's immobilize all range 2. Kir lost his during his turn then got immobilized again by the earth demon's built in ability.

I do think defensive ditty at 9 (AtomiKrab, Omobono) should have won the vote over singing arrow and going at 14 (me), thats why I was trying to stir up more late votes.

AtomikKrab posted:

Kir doesn't want to get nullified, he wants to take a very specific punch to the face.

Should we still be dumping curses in then? At least that leaves it up to chance I guess.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Well, that would have been good for me to realize before putting in my orders for this round, lol. Guess I'm sitting here then short resting and then jumping next round.
That's what I get for not paying attention!

ChocolatePancake fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 21, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

No surprises here: Burn Away the Dark to consume fire and wound everyone, then sweep for 1 damage with the bottom of sickle.

Not submitting a PM here; I think we're about wrapped up--just a question of getting the chest, whether I can make my battle goal (probably not!), and how much money gets looted.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crystalline Cave, Conclusion
NOTE: this post contains spoilers for the Red Guard's level 5 locked content.
I've played through 3 Rounds worth of Scenario and this is the important stuff that has happened:

The story goes posted:

- Kir Kanos: has gained 4XP and 1 coin token. He was also able to trigger their Battle Goal.
- Letty Van Halen: has gained 4XP and 3 coin tokens. She has completed Battle Goal as well.
- Boris: has gained 1XP, 2 coin tokens and looted Chest 42.

This is an item blueprint, which means there are now 2 copied of these Boots in the Market Pool.
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

As the last demon falls, the earth trembles yet again and the light from the crystal fades. Terrifying noises echo throughout the chamber and you brace for more demons to attack.

Instead, the voice returns. “I thank you for your intervention. My meditation had gone on for much longer than expected, and the demons were hunting for me, so I sent out a shard to call for help.”

Light begins to return to the cavern, and you see a glowing Orchid standing in front of you, massive crystals protruding from his head, back, and shoulders. “I know now what must happen. Please, keep the shard as a token of my thanks. You should now be able to control its power.”
In a flash of light, the Orchid disappears and you find yourself lying in the snow at the foot of the mountain you were climbing. You scratch your head, sigh, and then turn back toward Gloomhaven.

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None!
Scenario Rewards
- Resonant Crystal (Item 133)

+1 Prosperity

Victory Rewards
+12XP each!
We are four donations away from Prosperity Level 5! (or a single +1 Prosperity event)

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 84.
- Kir Kanos: Acrobatic - Lose a card to negate 5 or more damage. FairGame has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓
- Letty Van Halen: Sociable - Never leave a room with a character ally remaining in it. The Goonmind has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓
- Boris: Fast Healer* - Your current hit point value must be equal to your maximum hit point value at the end of the scenario. ChocolatePancake has not managed to accomplish the BG!
Letty had to move to the bottom of the rightmost "room", but since these were not doors but connecting tiles, everything in this scenario was just part of the same "room". There was not enough Healing power to Heal Boris for 9HP and still grab some loot/kill the monsters without extra cheese.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 84are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=4 is worth 4 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Kir Kanos: 22XP (New Total 215XP) and 24 gold (New Total 33 gold). Kir Kanos has enough experience to advance to Level 5!
- Letty Van Halen: 22XP (New Total 218XP) and 24 gold (New Total 33 gold). Letty Van Halen has enough experience to advance to Level 5!
- Boris: 22XP (New Total 298XP) and 12 gold (New Total 135 gold).
Jaws of the Lion classes have a special HALT! card that gates their Level5+ content.

When we flip the one for the Red Guard, this is what we discover!

NOTE: from this moment onward, you don't need to spoiler this content anymore and it can be freely discussed itt.

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Kir Kanos: Kill 20 Bandits or Cultists (0/20)
- Letty Van Halen: Completed 0/3 Crypt Scenarios, then unlock and complete Scenario 52 Noxious Cellar (0/1)
- Boris: Have 200 gold (135/200).
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event SoX1 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario84!
  2. City Event outcome, A or B!
  3. Kir Kanos: NEW CARD and PERK. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above.

4. Letty Van Halen: NEW CARD and PERK. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above.

5. Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
  6. If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)
A big thank you to our players,FairGame and ChocolatePancake! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to X, Y and Z to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 22, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think letty should get double song card

Also go to that crypt, crypt stuff is up our alleyway

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh look it's the most broken item in the whole game! Well, one of them!

Also Red Guard 5 is intensely great. You usually need to pick losses between shield spikes and it, but it's crazy powerful.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Thanks again for running this, had lots of fun! Please feel free to add me to the bottom of the player list again.

I figured I wouldn't be able to get that battle goal, but the other option was to not kill anything, which was impossible.

Definitely get mobilizing measure for the soothsinger's new card. 6 initiative and a move six is so good.

And option A for the city event.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

1. MVP Kir for rocking out so hard to Letty's spiky jams that he beat all the demons in the dance off
2. City Event A ask for more details
3. Kir sand devil and remove four zeroes?
4. Letty - many good choices but I like inspiring anthem for support and to help add damage sometimes, and replace a 0 with a disarm
5. Letty donate 10

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Event: Option A
Kir Kanos's New Card: Sand Devil
Kir Kanos's New Perk: Remove four 0s
Letty's New Card: Mobilizing Measure
Letty's New Perk: Replace two +1s with a +4

Letty & Kir should each also donate 10 gold.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario84!
  2. City Event outcome, A or B!
  3. Kir Kanos: NEW CARD and PERK. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above.

4. Letty Van Halen: NEW CARD and PERK. The list can be found in her character's sheet just above.

5. Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
  6. If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.

City Event A - hear this guy out
Kir New Card and Perk: Sand Devil and remove four zeros
Letty New Card and Perk: Mobilizing Measure and replace two +1 with one +4
Kir donate 10 (Letty needs to save to enhance Throw Voice)
If Letty has 66 gold, add hex to Throw Voice! she's half way there!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Like seriously if your brain doesn't explode at sand devil's potential uses, I don't know what to tell you.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If you move the Sand Devil from one adjacent monster to another, you can't force any movement because it's an illegal move, right? We had to argue way too much against our powergaming red guard who thought smushing the monsters together would eject one of them with level based trap damage like when you land on an obstacle while flying, or when a door shuts on you.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
It’s a push/pull effect right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

If you move the Sand Devil from one adjacent monster to another, you can't force any movement because it's an illegal move, right? We had to argue way too much against our powergaming red guard who thought smushing the monsters together would eject one of them with level based trap damage like when you land on an obstacle while flying, or when a door shuts on you.
It literally says "into an adjacent empty hex" so I'm not sure how you could possibly think you can use it to smush monsters together. Not only an hex with a monster is...not empty, but the Sand Devil doesn't have Fly, so even if you could move it into an occupied hex, it would not be able to end its movement in one that already has a monster in it. Nvm, I'm dumb. On top of that the Sand Devil only count as a trap for the purpose of calculating monster movement/focusing.

:psyduck:

It's already a crazy strong card in whatever Scenario doesn't involve running around too much, mostly for its ability to act like a movable monster AI hurdle.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

It literally says "into an adjacent empty hex" so I'm not sure how you could possibly think you can use it to smush monsters together. Not only an hex with a monster is...not empty, but the Sand Devil doesn't have Fly, so even if you could move it into an occupied hex, it would not be able to end its movement in one that already has a monster in it. On top of that the Sand Devil only count as a trap for the purpose of calculating monster movement/focusing.

:psyduck:

It's already a crazy strong card in whatever Scenario doesn't involve running around too much, mostly for its ability to act like a movable monster AI hurdle.

The summon part specifies into an empty hex, when moving it I think it's fully valid to smush it into a monster because the last clause says "any time a monster moves onto the devil or vice versa" and so the clear intention is to allow the devil to eat* a monster.
*eating deals 1 damage and muddle, no further CC

But since carrying the cargo is optional, the mosh sand pit is not a legal move and I don't know what that guy was smoking.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

It’s a push/pull effect right?

No, it doesn't say push or pull. It's a forced movement effect but not a push/pull.

1 -MVP) Kir for bottling everything
2) We have a bow and we wish to use it
3) Mosh Sand Pit
3) Remove 4 zeros
- with Letty power blessing a leaner deck is a dps increase
4) Mobilizing Measures - I don't think Letty has the card size for a loss and 2 actives at the same time
4) replace into +4? No clue here, maybe some CC instead?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah the vice versa means the devil can move onto a figure then move again carrying that figure with them. You can even use it to damage, muddle and troll other players or possibly carry them to safety. It's a ridiculous card.
:sweep:

bagrada fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 23, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXVI, Update 1

Vote Results posted:

• MVP for Scenario 84: Kir Kanos! :agesilaus:
  • NEW CARD for Kir Kanos: Sand Devil

• NEW PERK for Kir Kanos: Remove four +0

• NEW CARD for Letty Van Halen: Mobilizing Measures

• NEW PERK for Letty Van Halen: Replace two +1s with a +4

• Money Matters: Borh Kir and Letty donate 10g and receive 2 BLESS cards (current gold: 23, both). We are 2 ticks away from Prosperity Level 5!

City Event SoX1, resolution posted:

Effect: unlock Noble's Crypt (Scenario SoX 1)
This Event is part of the revised Seeker of Xorn PQ - if you draw it later in the game, as we are, you may otherwise be unable to complete the original one.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

• If we want to investigate the Crypt in the Corpsewood, we may head towards the Noble's Crypt (SoX1). This is part of Letty's PQ and may help in completing Kir Kanos's one as well.

• If we want to free the Voice we can now access the Savvas Armory (33) to reclaim its vessel!

• The Voice has told us that if we try to bring the Scepter we got from the Shrine of the Depths into their realm, bad things will happen. If you think the Voice is lying, we can enter the Realm of the Voice (42) and be done with it.

• While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

• We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

• The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

• We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

• We can't go here...yet. But if we complete the Voice's request and find its vessel, we can try to free it facing the Ancient Defense Network!

• As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 17 posted:

:siren::siren::siren:
  1. Our Next Destination
  2. Road Event, outcome A or B.
:siren::siren::siren:

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Let's free The Voice

I'm torn on the road event because we have a quatryl but it's not a tinker.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That was a blast. Thanks so much for hosting. Back to lurking and having bad ideas for the Goonmind-operated class.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Let’s go to the Oozing Grove and read more of the town records.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 23, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd either free the voice or go for the crypt.

What's the deal with that city event though? The outcome is straight up flipped from what it should be.
As in, it's not a torch thievesTM outcome, it straight up ignores the chosen intent as a cheap gotcha.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
That’s some call of cthulu poo poo there. Ignore insane ramblings for them to burrow into your brain?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I'd either free the voice or go for the crypt.

What's the deal with that city event though? The outcome is straight up flipped from what it should be.
As in, it's not a torch thievesTM outcome, it straight up ignores the chosen intent as a cheap gotcha.
That event is tied to the "fixed" version for the Seeker of Xorn Personal Quest, so the idea is "do you have this PQ Y/N" and that's that. Not sure why they wanted to mix the results, although...

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

That’s some call of cthulu poo poo there. Ignore insane ramblings for them to burrow into your brain?
...the Seeker of Xorn PQ is to unlock the Cthulhu Face hero...

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Oh that's interesting. The digital achievement to unlock Cthulu is inflict poison 50 times.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Free the voice

Road event A, he said there's no time to waste!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

That event is tied to the "fixed" version for the Seeker of Xorn Personal Quest, so the idea is "do you have this PQ Y/N" and that's that. Not sure why they wanted to mix the results, although...

The safety "this is for your PQ" fallback is nice, I'm complaining about "you chose to not ignore the guy so you're ignoring him".

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXVI,Update 2 and Scenario 33 Preamble.
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 17, resolution posted:

Effect: Gain 5 collective gold.
Classic Torch Thieves enigma: do the sensible thing that has been so far rewarded, get 5 collective gold. Do the rear end in a top hat thing that is punished 80% of the time: gain 1 Prosperity. I've assigned them to Boris due to his PQ, let me know if you'd like to split them otherwise.

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 33 - Savvas Armory

Scenario 33 - Savvas Armory - Location posted:

At the very north of the Map, next to Copperneck Mountains, the Savvas Armory awaits.

Scenario 33 - Savvas Armory - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 33 before starting it:
Links to:None.
Requirements: The Voice’s Command (Party) or The Drake’s Command (Party) COMPLETE
Goal: Loot all treasure tiles, then all characters must escape through the exit (a)
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 33 - Savvas Armory - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Flame Demons:

Frost Demons:

Earth Demons:

Wind Demons:

We haven't encountered the Savvas Icestorm and Lavaflow before.
NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 33 - Savvas Armory - Introduction posted:

Commanded by a powerful creature to retrieve a priceless treasure, you now plot how to infiltrate a Savvas city and break into an armory deep inside their mountain. “Assaulting the Savvas directly is hopeless,” the creature told you. “But there is a passage on the north side of their city that leads directly to their vault.” It’s a long, harrowing journey, navigating to the far side of the mountain, but eventually you find the hidden entrance. “You will need to act quickly,” the creature instructed. “As soon as you enter, the Savvas will sound an alarm. You’ll need to get what you came for and get out before you are overwhelmed by reinforcements.” You reach a simple wooden door at the end of the tunnel. Carefully trying the door, it doesn’t budge. It’s rather flimsy, so you should be able to break it down easily, but you’ll have to abandon a stealthy approach.
Scenario Special Rules

Players spawn tiles are marked with the Entrance token. This may be the first time there aren't monsters in the first room? This is a fun Scenario! Also it's quite hard, since our party will face some of the strongest monsters in the game!

TravelLog (Letty) and Superterranean (Boris) please provide:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative. Unless you are breaking down the door on Round 1, you may discuss your intent itt and send me a couple of Rounds worth of orders instead to move things along :)
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

The Goonmind (Kir Kanos) should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
  • Executioner*: Kill an undamaged monster with a single attack during the scenario. Rewards: ✓
  • Purist*: Use no items during the scenario. Rewards: ✓✓
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
I think I'm OK with Boris' hand as is; this scenario is going to need a lot of movement since we all have to loot and we all have to get going. Having Letty have Mobilizing Measures active might be quite good.

I don't know if it's worthwhile for Boris to arrow the door ASAP; what does goonmind think?

Position wise, I'm leaning toward having Boris start at A2 and our Red Guard in D1.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The door has 8 hp and it can't be doomed (I think) so probably do some plinking while we crowd it.

E: anyways I think Kir should drop Precision Strike, Flaming Sickle and Blinding Sickle to get in Shocking Advance, Blade Dance and Sand Devil.

Mostly for the movement options but the goomba stomp against flame demons could be useful.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 24, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

That's correct: you can't Doom the door.

Also since it hasn't been specified, you'll be able to loot these Goal Chests with the normal end of turn looring as well as with a Loot action.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Omobono posted:

The door has 8 hp and it can't be doomed (I think) so probably do some plinking while we crowd it.
sure, can do. Maybe a turn to set up Advantage On Doomed, and then a ATK3 or something from afar?

Omobono posted:

E: anyways I think Kir should drop Precision Strike, Flaming Sickle and Blinding Sickle to get in Shocking Advance, Blade Dance and Sand Devil.

Mostly for the movement options but the goomba stomp against flame demons could be useful.

I'm OK with this plan

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kir plan sounds good. Take executioner? I think we'll need our potions.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I don't think me using Mobilizing Measure this early is a good idea, though I am open to being convinced if Boris and Kir's plans hinge on it. Keeping that 6 initiative around for when we really need to get the drop on something seems prudent, not to mention the value of the Move 6 this early.

I think Letty should start in C1, though I am happy to take alternative suggestions.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 24, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Move song will be great for when we make a run for the exit.

Red Guard D1 works. Shocking Advance and Strangling Chain or Shield of the Desert to start with? Both are attack 3s for the door - Chain if Boris is going slower and attacking the door too, Shield if he's setting up his advantage buff.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

bagrada posted:

Move song will be great for when we make a run for the exit.

Red Guard D1 works. Shocking Advance and Strangling Chain or Shield of the Desert to start with? Both are attack 3s for the door - Chain if Boris is going slower and attacking the door too, Shield if he's setting up his advantage buff.

Boris is planning to set up his advantage buff the first turn, I think.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Do we want to play this turn so that the door is low but not broken, then someone can open at the start of next round and we can have a nearly full complement of actions to deal with whatever is inside?

Separately, I think my plan will be to drop Power Ballad and Soothing Song for Mobilizing Measure and Song of Speed. This seems like a smash and grab given we have to get the loot and get back to our starting position, so I think Soothing Song in particular is likely to be inefficient. Idea would be to have Mobilizing Measure up if we need flexibility once combat starts, and then Song of Speed to make our getaway. Happy to discuss though if others have suggestions or think we don't need both movement songs.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah we can position around the door like a breaching squad and have Kir attack it this round while you put a song up and Boris sets up. One caveat about healing song - Lavaflows have poison and wound (elites only) on all their attacks. Boris and Kir should be able to clear themselves, and Kir has a targetable short range heal 2. We can focus them down fast or kite them maybe. The healing song itself is inefficient but the heal on the bottom might come in handy. Up to you.

TIG should we submit two rounds of actions, then you can pause once the door is open so we can adjust?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

bagrada posted:

Yeah we can position around the door like a breaching squad and have Kir attack it this round while you put a song up and Boris sets up. One caveat about healing song - Lavaflows have poison and wound (elites only) on all their attacks. Boris and Kir should be able to clear themselves, and Kir has a targetable short range heal 2. We can focus them down fast or kite them maybe. The healing song itself is inefficient but the heal on the bottom might come in handy. Up to you.

TIG should we submit two rounds of actions, then you can pause once the door is open so we can adjust?

So I am open to suggestions on cards, but if it helps, here is how I am currently thinking of them:

• Essential: Disorienting Dirge, Throw Voice, Song of Speed
  • Important: Defensive Ditty, Echoing Aria, Singing Arrow
  • Useful: Nimble Knife, Mobilizing Measure
  • Niche: Warding Dagger
Possibly useful switch-ins: Marching Beat.

I suppose I can drop Warding Dagger instead of Soothing Lullaby as a switch-in for Mobilizing Measure, though if the group is worried about the poision and wound, though the downside there is that the bottom is single-target and we may have other priorities besides mitigation there (such as escaping faster). I could also swap in Marching Beat for Warding Dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

Sounds like a sensible plan.