Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

proposal: pokemon meets mario party
reality: create an amorphous blob with wings and spikes in a character creator that rivals dark souls for its ability to create abstract art, then use those creatures to play only the mario party minigames where you mash the button as fast as possible

the GameCube had so many games like this remember lost kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

John Romero posted:

Remember Haze?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The only reason I got Katamari Damacy as a kid is because the man at EB Games told my mom that Mister Mosquito is a sex game and he suggested I get that instead. An early ally, even if I didn't realize it at the time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

The only reason I got Katamari Damacy as a kid is because the man at EB Games told my mom that Mister Mosquito is a sex game and he suggested I get that instead. An early ally, even if I didn't realize it at the time.

*Quickly googles screenshots* he was right

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

NienNunb posted:

A guy who worked at EB games called me the f slur for buying Ultima online, and to play a real MMo where you can get raped and be killed by anyone at any time and showed me the box for Everquest. I was 13. It changed everything

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

NienNunb posted:

Mister Mosquito is rated T :stare:

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I had a couple DS games as a kid and although I can't remember which it was specifically, one was so bad that I genuinely cried after realizing this was my gaming budget spent for a while.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

A guy who worked at EB games called me the f slur for buying Ultima online, and to play a real MMo where you can get raped and be killed by anyone at any time and showed me the box for Everquest. I was 13. It changed everything

EQ stays winning.

Time to finish that P1999 install....

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Skeezy posted:

EQ stays winning.

Time to finish that P1999 install....

I’m waiting on you

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Buying the poo poo submarine game instead of match of the millennium for my ngpc with hard earned allowance and holiday money

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m waiting on you

soon come

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
mister mosquito owns, you hosed up

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

one of my earliest funcoland memories is two guys talking about Kingpin for PC and one asking if you can rape in it

gently caress some of you guys are young!!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

John Romero posted:

one of my earliest funcoland memories is two guys talking about Kingpin for PC and one asking if you can rape in it

gently caress some of you guys are young!!

I remember the hype around Kingpin lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I remember the hype around Kingpin lol

I remember it being plugged as the game where every recorded line of dialogue had the word gently caress in it lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fartlancer posted:

I thought it looked like the coolest game when they would show gameplay of it on G4 Cinematech. I tried, I was stopped at the finish line.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I thought it looked like the coolest game when they would show gameplay of it on G4 Cinematech. I tried, I was stopped at the finish line.

it had more polygon per charcter model than every other game!!!!!!!

Reprogram Plus
Sep 24, 2007

Fartlancer posted:

It almost got a simpsons ripoff too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TC4nD0qxUM

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Yeah it actually looks insane for a DC game lol, I almost thought it was fake at first

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

John Romero posted:

lost kingdoms is great, and from that weird era of deckbuilding rpgs (baten kaitos, lost kingdoms, phantasy star online episode 3: C.A.R.D. revolution, mega man battle network)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't really understand Lost Kingdoms the one time I rented it as a kid, but looking back From was laying a lot of groundwork for Souls that wasn't already covered by King's Field, so it's an interesting historical curio at least

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Rogue Squadron

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i left two opinions just like this in the toilet this morning

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Fungah! posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
When my dad bought me my first computer at costco, I had the choice of one PC game, and seeing both Half-Life and Delta Force 2, I went with Delta Force 2 because of the knife on the front, thinking it was badass. I had no idea what half life was until after I got into counter strike a few years later

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I didn't say it was a bad game, fellas

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Go away.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah!