Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I do appreciate there being very little fuss to getting the primos for this event. I do wish there were more characters to toy around with though.
This is the kind of event I'd really like to see coming back, and there's a little extra oomph if you happen to have constellations of the trial characters because they carry over. Now if they increased the difficulty on this type of content a nudge I'd be fine with that, because it doesn't rely on having great gear or whaling as hard as some of the others felt.

I'm only at AR45, I just started the game pretty recently so I dont have stockpiles full of good artifacts that people who have been playing every day since launch and griding artifacts have :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I just hit AR 30 today and I tried the Plunging Challenge yesterday and ran out of time at the end because that loving electro cicin mage and fatui ninja guy would just shield or disappear, respectively, and the clock just ticked away from me as I uselessly flailed at them, which was pretty aggravating. I think some of that is on me, though, as I got extremely lost and had no idea where to find the challenge rooms, so I probably could have had an extra five minutes banked if I knew how to find where I was going. Is it supposed to be a maze or am I missing some very obvious signpost? It wouldn't be the first time.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
The map is roughly a 3x3 grid, but the three required challlenges shine red light into the sky to help you find them. However, you really want to do the optional ones that give extra time (looks like a clock) and the one that gives attack power (looks like a sword).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These guys are so wildly geared I'm actually kinda mad at the game over it. Xinyan with 1600 atk and 2000 defense? What the gently caress are the stats on those artifacts, show them to me you cowards.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
All the healer characters (Diona, Noelle, Barbara) having 4 piece Maiden's Beloved for that sweet healing bonus, and the event is so easy you don't even need to heal. Unless you're playing the healing trial, I mean.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I find it extremely hard to believe that the pandemic impacted Genshin Impact’s release schedule or development. It’s not like the artists and developers need to sit inside a specific room to build models or type code. Software development is probably one of the few industries that the pandemic had 0 effect on.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

China went into super hard lockdown really quickly, I'm willing to bet they struggled a lot getting workstations and stuff setup at home. There's also all those artists who need decent computers who may not have them, internal IT stuff if they want to start setting up home computers for work, voice actors who need to figure out where to record properly since they probably don't have a recording studio at home....general non work logistics like getting groceries and stuff during a pandemic in a country that actually implemented lockdown...

Xun fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 24, 2021

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just hit AR 30 today and I tried the Plunging Challenge yesterday and ran out of time at the end because that loving electro cicin mage and fatui ninja guy would just shield or disappear, respectively, and the clock just ticked away from me as I uselessly flailed at them, which was pretty aggravating. I think some of that is on me, though, as I got extremely lost and had no idea where to find the challenge rooms, so I probably could have had an extra five minutes banked if I knew how to find where I was going. Is it supposed to be a maze or am I missing some very obvious signpost? It wouldn't be the first time.

Since you're AR 30, you probably haven't experienced this level of Energy Recharge. So my advice when retrying the event is don't be afraid to throw out bursts constantly. Don't save them, don't worry about efficiency, just chuck them. And maybe bring Albedo. He's the best off-field damage in this pool of characters and his big Geo field can help chip at the Cicin and sniff out the invisible guy.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The hydro chat is a bit far back, but I wanted to mention that elemental self application is not a bad thing, because that's how you cleanse status. Barbara is great in the domains where you continually take damage with a Pyro status. It does suck if Barb is your only healer and you need one in a Cryo or Electro domain, though.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I find it extremely hard to believe that the pandemic impacted Genshin Impact’s release schedule or development. It’s not like the artists and developers need to sit inside a specific room to build models or type code. Software development is probably one of the few industries that the pandemic had 0 effect on.

lol you are such a loving dumbass

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boris Galerkin posted:

It had close to zero effect on companies that already had some work from home prepared and could scale it up easily, because they have lots of tiny tasks / fixes that they work on independently (like news outlets, banks, stuff like that - the bulk is done and mostly you do improving and fixing and checking).

Gaming companies usually aren't those in particular, because for game mechanics people prefer to talk with each other as they are complicated and there might be lots of overlaps, balancing decisions and issues - and all of those are easier solved in person (see all the discussion here about balance). Not to mention, correctly, all the stuff other people mentioned like voice recording (especially with things like having to fit in Japanese big named seiyuu timeslots), polishing animations (you don't do those in one person), distributing builds, etc.

It's still easier to work home compared to making metallurgy or alcoholic beverages, of course, but it's in no way "zero effect".

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
he's right but not for the reason he thinks. I live in china, and the pandemics effects here were pretty minimal. Sure wuhan was locked down but in other cities people were back going to the office after like a month or 2 at most.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
If it barely affected them, even more the reason to berate customer service for doing a bad job of fixing the game.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

gandlethorpe posted:

If it barely affected them, even more the reason to berate customer service for doing a bad job of fixing the game.

I'm studying Mandarin so I can berate them in their presumable first language.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

No Wave posted:

It's something like a month, but I would suggest not doing your final ascensions until AR50 because at AR50 bosses always drop a gold artifact.

The efficient way to handle final ascensions is to do them very slowly supplemented by gem drops from weekly bosses/events. This means ascending all your pyro characters will take a year or more but I prefer it to overfarming boss drops.

You can always change the color of the gems, so I wouldn't worry so much about overfarming.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You'll never overfarm gems at the moment, but you can overfarm boss materials. Ningguang is my last geo and if I tried to farm enough gemstones to ascend her I'd have extra pillars that would go to waste.

I have 12 non-Lumine characters at max ascension, and will continue ascending characters to max faster than they come out. It's ultra-long term but after a year+ of play gemstones won't be a real issue anymore unless some kind of new ascension gets introduced.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 24, 2021

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Aren't you the person that was advocating for screaming at customer support individuals because you're mad about designer choices?

Because if so, continue to gently caress all the way off. If not, then also gently caress off, but maybe not all the way so you can learn something from the people nice enough to respond.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I'm only at AR45, I just started the game pretty recently so I dont have stockpiles full of good artifacts that people who have been playing every day since launch and griding artifacts have :v:

The grind is eternal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Artifact XP is still an incredibly limited resource at AR56 for me, and I've been doing the full artifact route close to daily since November. It costs the same resin to farm enough talent books to triple crown a character as it costs to farm enough artifact xp to take five artifacts from 0 to 20.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My Eula is now 80/90 with an 80/90 Song of Broken Pines and 20 Artifacts. Even at these levels she's sitting at just over 2300 atk, 50% crit, and 150% crit damage, 9/7/8 talents. I'm seeing her autoattack string crit for 20k sometimes and I'm pretty hyped to get her weapon and her level maxed out. I do need to invest in my Diona for the team but even without Diona things are feeling really good already.

Also without a great team to really abuse Fischl on I never realized how much damage she puts out before. If nothing else Eula is good because she's the perfect carry for Fischl, whose elemental reactions are actually harmful for most Freeze/Melt/Vaporize teams.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, I want a Song of Broken Pines, but I just know I will get Faviona-ed

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, I want a Song of Broken Pines, but I just know I will get Faviona-ed

I wanted C1 Eula and I got Jean'd.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I got favonia'd, but at like 30 pulls in, so still trying while the banner is up. I'll feel the pain when I have no chance to get Klee next banner.

What do I do with favonia? Bennet? Qiqi carry?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Got yet another catalyst billet. If they ever add a way to transmute those things I'm gonna be set. I'm up to 4 catalysts and 3 spears now and I can only see myself maybe making more crescent pikes to refine them at this point. Will probably change with more weapons being added, sure but I've already got two Sacrificial Fragments a Black Sword and another Sacrificial sword, I think I'm all set on basic weapons right now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I got favonia'd, but at like 30 pulls in, so still trying while the banner is up. I'll feel the pain when I have no chance to get Klee next banner.

Bennett is imo the best choice if you have the ER to handle it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I have mine on Keqing, even though she is electro-keqing it's still great. Geo-traveler, Jean (if you're into smacking guys with her). But yeah, Bennett is obviously a decent choice.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

playing as noelle in this event made me decide it was finally time to build and use her, which led me to discover that i somehow only have her at c0 despite playing since launch :v: rip that i guess

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mix. posted:

playing as noelle in this event made me decide it was finally time to build and use her, which led me to discover that i somehow only have her at c0 despite playing since launch :v: rip that i guess

Ah, well please let me offer you a piece of my C22 Noelle.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
You know, I really hope the buff the heck out of Keqing, for some reason every time I get something off pity, or on the standard banner, its her. Got a C3 Kequing for heck sake!

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

This event has killed any desire I've had to play Mona, holy poo poo is her dash bad in combat. On the other hand, I might actually look at building Diona, she's got a lot of the benefits of Noelle but can apply a useful element.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
her dash is wack but her burst is S tier

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I have never had artifact XP troubles because artifacts worth levelling are so rare anyway, you get the XP to level them by farming them

Mona is good with Ganyu, thus she's good

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Space Opera posted:

This event has killed any desire I've had to play Mona, holy poo poo is her dash bad in combat. On the other hand, I might actually look at building Diona, she's got a lot of the benefits of Noelle but can apply a useful element.

yeah

zero interest in Ayaka if they have the same dash, it's bad enough with a ranged unit

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah

zero interest in Ayaka if they have the same dash, it's bad enough with a ranged unit

I wanted Mona to pair with my Ganyu but holy poo poo playing her in this event has been so painful. I thought people's complaints about her dash were overblown but I was wrong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I couldn't care less about her dash during this event, I just switch to her E/Q then switch out. Maybe in a few years I'll finally pull her for real.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I made the mistake of thinking her dash would go beneath the lasers in the first trial, got stuck instead and nearly died

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah

There is some video from beta showing off Ayaka doing something similar to a plunge attack coming out of her dash/run. If they make it uninterruptible or hard to interrupt, it might not be so bad. The boat handling is annoying, but the uncancelable recovery that puts Mona slightly airborne is what gets her killed.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Got yet another catalyst billet. If they ever add a way to transmute those things I'm gonna be set. I'm up to 4 catalysts and 3 spears now and I can only see myself maybe making more crescent pikes to refine them at this point. Will probably change with more weapons being added, sure but I've already got two Sacrificial Fragments a Black Sword and another Sacrificial sword, I think I'm all set on basic weapons right now.

I have like three to four of every billet. I’m hoping they add more craftable weapons soon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

make the dash a further separate thing rather than a replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Stormgale posted:

I have never had artifact XP troubles because artifacts worth levelling are so rare anyway, you get the XP to level them by farming them

Pretty much this. I've been super slack at doing the daily grind for the last four months or so and good artifacts are so rare that the fodder comes from farming them. Aside from straight up luck I'm guessing this varies heavily based on what you'd consider good. If you're just looking at mainstat, or mainstat plus one substat, it'd be pretty easy to be eternally short on artifact xp.

I generally burn through 3-4k resin before finding something actually good and even mainstat plus two substats is still like 2k resin minimum. Super hyped for being able to convert my 5* trash into other artifacts. Ignoring how many good glad bits I need, just using it as a reroll for off-set pieces is huge. I'm sure they'll screw that up somehow. :v: