Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I like the fury regen for the sake of convenience, but yeah I should go back to superstition.

I prefer the mechanics of other heroes over barbarian, but the ease that I've blown past GR70 with barb makes it clear why he's one of the stronger classes. Usually when I'm rolling LoD past GR70 I need to redo greater rift levels to farm for better items and such. With barb I'm not even enchanting my gear for better stats, just hacking my way through greater rifts taking 100% upgrades each time.

Does convection of elements + stone of jordan give you a 200% dmg buff?
https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/213762047 I'm on switch so I can't import

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
What conquest are you needing help with? I can pretty much do Worlds Apart or Need for Speed for you if you want a carry.

Darkhold#1887 just message me if you want.

Edit: I think I misread and thought you were doing another one after avarice well offer still stands.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 18, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I did avarice on hardcore by wearing a gem and clearing a single cow level, but, uh, have fun running 10 sets of bounties

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Darkhold posted:

What conquest are you needing help with? I can pretty much do Worlds Apart or Need for Speed for you if you want a carry.

Darkhold#1887 just message me if you want.

Edit: I think I misread and thought you were doing another one after avarice well offer still stands.

I think that the last one does have at least one conquest requirement. :(

Bust Rodd posted:

I did avarice on hardcore by wearing a gem and clearing a single cow level, but, uh, have fun running 10 sets of bounties

I'm almost done already and needed the mats, so it's not a big deal. In the entire grind though, I've not actually found the realm of Greed once ( One requirement is to kill Greed on Torment 13 -_- ). I have been to the realm BEFORE I was on Torment 13, but it seems like the game just doesn't want to give me the option anymore, and no puzzle rings will drop. :(

In the entire season I've only been to the Cow Level once. :( I didn't even know about the Cow Level being added to the game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Drowning Rabbit posted:

In the entire season I've only been to the Cow Level once. :( I didn't even know about the Cow Level being added to the game.

Pretty dependent on class since dh for example doesn't drop cow sticks natively with smart loot. Barb and crusader should get a couple of the poleams though.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, can confirm, with Wastes, band of might, and mortick's bracers you're just spinning and winning and either taking zero damage or getting oneshot by some bullshit.

Speaking of spinning and winning

Hail,

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Sanctum posted:

Does convection of elements + stone of jordan give you a 200% dmg buff?

No. SOJ only affects static elemental bonuses (i.e. elemental bonuses on your gear) and COE isn't static.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They could instantly transform SoJ into an actually useful item if the legendary effect was changed to: Increases your elemental damage bonus from gear by [20-25%] or something like that.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That's like what, 20% more damage if you're very well geared?

Or are some classes running way more than ball park 80%?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Any way you parse that bonus it's still way under par compared to most of the damage-related affixes/set bonuses in the jewelry slots. If it's multiplying your existing gear-based elemental bonuses it's less than 10% damage if you're only running bracers/ammy/soj as sources of elemental damage, 10% if you add in another source (that in itself is worth 12.5% but may have cost you more than that outside of certain LOD builds). That would still be worse than an averaged-out COE even if you were running a fire build with fire bonus on ammy, bracers, magefist, andy's, cindercoat, and blackthorne pants.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Imagine I said 45-50% elemental damage or whatever.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Ww/rend barb is fun but pre-nerf GoD was funner.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine I said 45-50% elemental damage or whatever.

The current affix is pretty meaningless just because almost nothing tries to do damage with more than 1 element, but the ring still sees a decent amount of play anyway because 20 ele/30 elite is a good pair of stats in the right situation or build, and if it does fit the affix can make gearing a little easier if you get a great ammy/bracers in the wrong element. Making that change to a degree that makes it desirable outside of niche LOD fire or cold builds could put the niche LOD builds into pretty OP territory, and I'm not really sure it's a great idea to buff LOD stuff any more than it is now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have spent way too much time trying to get Speed Demon done for my final season journay conquest. I just learned that it's for regular rifts, not GR. :sigh:

Also the timer goes from portal open to talking to Orek, which is annoying.

Now I'm farming levels for the Gem of the Hoarder and Wreath of Lightning to get some speed boosts to just get through the empty rear end regular rifts quicker.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I have spent way too much time trying to get Speed Demon done for my final season journay conquest. I just learned that it's for regular rifts, not GR. :sigh:

Also the timer goes from portal open to talking to Orek, which is annoying.

Now I'm farming levels for the Gem of the Hoarder and Wreath of Lightning to get some speed boosts to just get through the empty rear end regular rifts quicker.

You don't have to do that conquest solo. You can join public games to do rifts and eventually you'll get a cenetary rift. Just bail for town as soon as it finishes to turn in. You can pick up the loot from the rift guardian in that thirty-second period or just let them go.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Star Man posted:

just let them go.

By the time you're hunting for a 2 minute rift all loot is bad anyway!

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The point where you're looking for every possible edge to get a 2 minute regular rift is definitely not the point where all your gear is good. But if you're desperate to get the conquest done, you're desperate to get the conquest done.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

2 minute rift guide: ww/rend barb. You'll just get it farming keys or something.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Or tempest rush monk. Or GoD DH. Or Mun WD. Or Valor FOTH Crusader. Or LOD rat necro. Or hydra wiz. Every single class has at least one build that can farm sub 2 minute t16.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

I think the conquest only requires T10? Turns it from easy to trivial.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Every season Speed Demon was a conquest, I just got it randomly in public T16 games without actually trying.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Every conquest this season is the kind you'll randomly hit if you're just trying to play the game efficiently.

edit: at least the 3 that most people have done for their journey BS

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 22, 2021

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bemused Observer posted:

Every season Speed Demon was a conquest, I just got it randomly in public T16 games without actually trying.

I'm getting closer on solo runs but I guess I'll just join T16 games instead of running T16 GR and 10 rifts.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I finally decided that I was going to finish all of the set dungeons I hadn’t done yet.

It’s been a long time since I have done some of them from other classes so my memory of them may not be the best, but it definitely seems like monk has just the worst? I only had Sunwoku’s finished, but the rest of them were just tedious, unfun nonsense. (Even in the context of how set dungeons themselves are tedious and unfun.)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Monk was pretty easy for me except for Innas which everyone else says was a breeze and it was because I could not detune my damage enough no matter how hard I tried. My clones would just instagib all the trash faster than I could cyclone-water strike combo them so I never had enough density.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Dumped the last few thousand blood orbs into chest pieces looking for literally any ancient legendary, instead Kamala gives me this:

Yeah I know primals are almost always garbage, but this is a kick in the face! Also the primal ancient scoundrel token I found at GR70.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
file that one under "be careful what you wish for"

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I need to get a set dungeon mastery for this season's goals, and hosed if I can do it. Either they're infuriatingly fiddly, or I'm so overpowered that I can't do the thing it needs me to do (like "apply X debuff to 20 enemies at once" when they pop if I look at them funny).

If I understand correctly, they designed these dungeons way before steadily buffing all sets into the stratosphere and then never went back and balanced them. Also, some of the sets I'm using don't even have set dungeons.

What's an easy set dungeon to get the mastery on now, preferably with Wizard, Demon Hunter, or Monk?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Tal's set dungeon is piss easy and won't require any pieces to master besides the set itself and maybe an Aether Walker to make the rockworms simpler to avoid. Marauder's is the second easiest, same basic concept applies.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I just did Firebird and it was stupidly easy. I guess I just had to complain on the Internet to get it to click. :)

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!

WhiteHowler posted:

I just did Firebird and it was stupidly easy. I guess I just had to complain on the Internet to get it to click. :)

I think Firebirds dungeon with the new rework might just be the easiest set dungeon now

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It may not be THE easiest of the options, but DH Shadow is also an easy set dungeon to knock out. Really all of the DH ones are pretty easy/straight forward.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Immortal King Barbarian is the easiest in my opinion. Just have to get angry and kill everything with your barbarian bros.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Finished assembling the Valor set on my crusader, took it for a quick spin while I work on getting the rest of the actual pieces for it. My first Fist did 19 billion damage. This game rules.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
It's fun, but I wish there were more to do once you're clearing GR100+ other than just pushing for slightly higher GR's and praying for ancient/primal drops for marginal upgrades.

The endgame/post-endgame is where I feel Path of Exile did a much better job than D3.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Too bad getting there sucks and is bad.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Josh Christ posted:

Finished assembling the Valor set on my crusader, took it for a quick spin while I work on getting the rest of the actual pieces for it. My first Fist did 19 billion damage. This game rules.

That set is fun as hell and it wrecks rifts

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Valor is real fun, but I'm still crushing it with Invoker Crusader and I'll never get tired of stabbing the poo poo out of everything. I should put some more time into that Wizard and DH I started, though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Crusader is my favorite class overall in the game Diablo III and I will miss them in Diablo 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bust Rodd posted:

Crusader is my favorite class overall in the game Diablo III and I will miss them in Diablo 4

The "feeling like an armored weapons platform" feeling is super dope.