Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hodgepodge posted:

dear john wick

I wrote you but you still ain't calling

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Bored posted:

I love how nosy bears are in every video I see of them. Like, how actively they sniff the air.

So I started thinking “wonder why nobody has trained bears to sniff out narcotics.” Then I thought,”oh well that’s obvious. How would they ever get the cocaine back from the bears?” I’m pretty sure a bear would mess you up if you tried to take its cocaine.

I may have a fever right now.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
This is why we can’t have cool things like drugbears.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/50220

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Elizabeth Banks of all people is directing the movie based on that

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Two username/post combos from the Covid-19 thread in GBS.

Spinz posted:

I'll take my probe I don't give a gently caress

I am so tired of the negative spin on the rare best possible loving news that we get

Unrelated

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

India check in: conditions are still incredibly loving bad and massively underrported

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Valleyant posted:

She was no angel dust

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Oof, that's a rough chuckle

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't even laugh at that one

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Volmarias posted:

Fruits of the sea posted:

Some more context for that deleted tweet: https://ignemployees.medium.com/an-open-letter-to-leadership-at-ign-ziff-davis-and-j2-global-f7171d5ad42f

Basic summary- management at Ziff Davis gets wind of one of their publications publicly supporting relief efforts in Palestine and deletes the tweet overnight, bypassing IGN’s editorial entirely.

There are some decent journalists at IGN apparently because they put together an exact timeline of events and publish an open letter protesting the deletion. Pretty much all of IGN’s staff sign the letter.

I guess this now counts as dumb marketing since it’s advertising that IGN has exactly zero editorial independence.

Videogame journalism, the last bastion of free speech, is finally undone. There is no more value in their articles, no more interest in critiques of AAA games. 8/10.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Ak Gara posted:

do you WANT another Battlefield Earth!?

Powershift posted:

Yes, very much so.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Never seen 'em make ground beef?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

She pukes up hairballs on the stairs
Surprises catch me unawares

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

spankmeister posted:

Zooko's triangle sounds like a fancy night club for clowns.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Mother fuckr just running random number generation on his computer like "this wall is...4,000 feet tall and it was built by...7 men who were...126 years old each and it was built....44 million years ago over the course of...2 days"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I had three guesses what thread that was from. I was wrong.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol I guessed it, but only because I had already read the story about Grrm interacting with some dudes making a Game of Thrones video game. Allegedly he saw their 3D model of The Wall and said something like "WTF that's absurdly gigantic, it looks stupid!" and they responded "uh this is built exactly to the dimensions you listed in the book."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“It’s a thousand leagues from here to the wall”, but we’ll make the ride in three days. Westeros is something like the size of South America, but if not for the climate variation, it may as well be Great Britain.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Fantasy and sci-fi writers tend to have a somewhat loose sense of scale

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fantasy protip: make anything you're not sure about into fantasy words, and have the fans argue over what these hapax legomena actually mean.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Platystemon posted:

“It’s a thousand leagues from here to the wall”, but we’ll make the ride in three days. Westeros is something like the size of South America, but if not for the climate variation, it may as well be Great Britain.

Which is hardly surprising, because it was modelled on Great Britain right down to the wall to keep out the people in the Cold Bit Up North.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Tunicate posted:

fantasy protip: make anything you're not sure about into fantasy words, and have the fans argue over what these hapax legomena actually mean.

ah yes, vritra technique... masterful

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jedit posted:

Which is hardly surprising, because it was modelled on Great Britain right down to the wall to keep out the people in the Cold Bit Up North.

Did they also fail at the wall business?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"It's a hundred virbons to the Wall! We should make it within three or four f'turrbs."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Did they also fail at the wall business?

Very much so. Neither Hadrian's Wall nor the Antonine Wall did anything to keep out raiders from the North, and it's mooted that they were actually just boundary markers for where civilization stopped.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jedit posted:

Very much so. Neither Hadrian's Wall nor the Antonine Wall did anything to keep out raiders from the North, and it's mooted that they were actually just boundary markers for where civilization stopped.

:lol: I meant the Game of Thrones.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Jedit posted:

The Roman walls were probably more useful for regulating commerce and movement of people across the border, which is usually the real reason one builds border walls, after all. The bureaucrats want to stay on top of things so Caesar gets what's theirs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The British built a hedge all the way across India so they could better tax salt.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I started reading a novel set in Roman Britain immediately after the wall failed big time stylee, and thought it was very interesting until I got to the point where the protagonist foot-fucks his brother's wife in a smithy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I started reading a novel set in Roman Britain immediately after the wall failed big time stylee, and thought it was very interesting until I got to the point where the protagonist foot-fucks his brother's wife in a smithy.
"Foot-fucks" is ambiguous and I'd prefer you didn't clarify. I'm not willing to accept the risk

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Let he who has not foot-hosed his brothers wife in the village smithy cast the first stone.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Splicer posted:

"Foot-fucks" is ambiguous and I'd prefer you didn't clarify. I'm not willing to accept the risk

OK don't read this: it's the worse one.

Read this: you read it, didn't you?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

haha i wonder what the book title is

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Pedifutuor

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

*bonk*

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK don't read this: it's the worse one.

Read this: you read it, didn't you?
I am lot's (foot-hosed) wife

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

barbecue at the folks posted:

The Roman walls were probably more useful for regulating commerce and movement of people across the border, which is usually the real reason one builds border walls, after all. The bureaucrats want to stay on top of things so Caesar gets what's theirs.

"big wall" seems to have a pretty bad track record as a defense through history. although it is appealing logic: wall good, make bigger

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Stexils posted:

"big wall" seems to have a pretty bad track record as a defense through history. although it is appealing logic: wall good, make bigger
making good things bigger starts out well, but there are severe diminishing returns and after a while you just have hitler taking a break from demanding wunderwaffen to yell at you to build wunderwall

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

User name/ post synergy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Worst cover song ever.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

making good things bigger starts out well, but there are severe diminishing returns and after a while you just have hitler taking a break from demanding wunderwaffen to yell at you to build wunderwall

Todayyyy is gonna be the day that we're gonna throw a brick at Jews...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Squidster posted:

Toronto cops trying real hard to justify their 1.2 billion budget
https://twitter.com/TPSGunsSeized/status/1384927692932460547

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm the dandy antifa who you're too scared to mention
I spend my cash on fighting fash and grabbing your attention