Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just checking in on the baggies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dalaram posted:

I need a thread like “post people realizing they will die under trump”, but for crypto

i know its for GME, but i can't imagine this being any different than btc reddits

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

numbers really "do a number" (Heh) on ape brains

plus the lure of financial security is tragically strong

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

The entire crypto market is doing a dead cat bounce on the way down the stairs

gonna gaze upon my post whenever i think a recovery is happening for the next month or two

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crashes usually aren't linear downward motions, with an asset based on nothing seems especially hard to judge what could be a "real" recovery and what might just be a dead cat bounce.

Tons of opportunity for losing money, #YOLO

There are probably tons of people that want to recover what they just lost and then sell, making more crashes pretty likely, IMO.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We're in the pump part of frog man's pump/dump cycle https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1396914548167233537

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Potentially promising

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol nobody trusts elon anymore. brief pump couldn't even break 40k and btc is now dumping again :sad:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1396915801492439044?s=19

sounds like centralization!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yossarian-22 posted:

lol nobody trusts elon anymore. brief pump couldn't even break 40k and btc is now dumping again :sad:

pitiful old bitch. gently caress off back to ur emerald mine chump

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Yossarian-22 posted:

We're in the pump part of frog man's pump/dump cycle https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1396914548167233537

i thought it was a distributed group of people mining them? i didn't know there was a consortium

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
How is the High Coin Council doing today?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1396976408275021826?s=19

:xd:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

some people are excited for elon restarting the bull run but i still think institutions are waiting until 20-25k range to buy back in. hopefully i'm right because i'm too cowardly to buy/fomo in anything right now, but some people think that once other people wake up to see the elon tweet that it'll burst through 40k and all will be normal again

thing is there's this thing called wyckoff distribution where institutions/media intentionally spread fud about an asset and buy the dips/sell on repeat until people are so exhausted and capitulate so much that the price crashes, and the funds get redistributed to the large holders. i think right now they are taking advantage of the musk/china panic and i am assuming that we are far from seeing the last dip in this flash bear cycle

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 01:54 on May 25, 2021

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
The bitcoin mining council lmfao

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the wallet inspector council

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

how much USDC or USDT does elon/tesla hold now

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

Crashes usually aren't linear downward motions, with an asset based on nothing seems especially hard to judge what could be a "real" recovery and what might just be a dead cat bounce.

this is correct. some people will just buy on downward trends because they view it as a sale. although that assumes a long term outlook on crypto, which is dumb

you will never know what the bottom or the top are until its over. this isnt gay sex, this is gambling

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
I'm officially above water on my idiotic amc fomo from jan. diamond loving hands bitches

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
i have no idea why memestonks are spiking again but hooray

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

splifyphus posted:

What does Number do?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Go UP! *everybody stands up and puts their hands in the air*

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

tiberion02 posted:

What does Number do?

number fucks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

splifyphus posted:

reddit is convinced the market is about to collapse and the only stocks that will rise regardless of conditions are AMC and GME

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fZORkuOJo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

reddit is convinced the market is about to collapse and the only stocks that will rise regardless of conditions are AMC and GME

what is the justification for this if any?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

cumshitter posted:

what is the justification for this if any?

memes

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

hell why not, think of it like a 51% attack against the market, except it's more like a 0.0001% attack against shorting institutional investors but that's our financial reality.

I don't have any money in anything so I don't care, but it's funny

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like i dont know if i recall all of the details exactly but i think the AMC memes surge resulted in the price going up high enough that enough of their convertible bonds were cashed out into stock, which took a lot of debt off their books.

apparently 20% of shares are still being shorted but i cant imagine that having all that debt erased was good for people shorting it.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

cumshitter posted:

like i dont know if i recall all of the details exactly but i think the AMC memes surge resulted in the price going up high enough that enough of their convertible bonds were cashed out into stock, which took a lot of debt off their books.

apparently 20% of shares are still being shorted but i cant imagine that having all that debt erased was good for people shorting it.

GameStop shortsellers aren't at this point even banking on bankruptcy, but rather valuation, and convertible bonds converting to stock is probably good for shortsellers and at the worst neutral

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AMC and GME were still the top 5 on RH going into April so yeah a lot of bagholders never left. CNBC kept pumping stories about shorts making money off of them since January only for those same shorts to lose pretty much everything this week it seems

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

da bears

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Buy De Beers you're saying?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm never touching crypto, but with massive volatility swinging the price +/-5% multiple times a day it seems like you could make a crapload butts by just buying or selling every time it swung 1k in either direction. Also is there anything stopping a large whale from making massive leveraged call or shorts and then buying or dumping to reap infinite monopoly money?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And then suddenly it drops and you lost money. But no, there's nothing stopping market manipulation from happening in the cryptocurrency space. In fact, tons of market manipulation is happening.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

chris farley: who do you think would win in a fight between mike ditka and a hurricane?

bill swerski's super fans: oh, mike ditka, mike ditka. yah, mike ditka

farley: here's the clincher: the hurricane's name is mike ditka

mike myers in aviators and a bears cap and a fake mustache: oh well that's a real head scratcher right there

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 12:40 on May 30, 2021

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it is ridiculous how accurate the bill swerski's superfans sketch is because i grew up in chicago and like half the dudes i met looked like that. thick mustache, cubs/bears/fire hats, aviators, and sweatshirts for the same teams

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe has issued a correction as of 21:11 on May 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm never touching crypto, but with massive volatility swinging the price +/-5% multiple times a day it seems like you could make a crapload butts by just buying or selling every time it swung 1k in either direction. Also is there anything stopping a large whale from making massive leveraged call or shorts and then buying or dumping to reap infinite monopoly money?

yes op if you can spin up some leverage and successfully swing trade there is no cap to the cheese you can generate