Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1396932348814450690?s=21

I’m pretty sure all the RWM was touting it as a platform. Anyway, everyone called his blog dumb and it was doing atrocious numbers so if course this wasn’t the real thing, no we can expect that in about two weeks, I’m sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kalit posted:

A gun killing 2 people and injuring 8 others vs a knife that injures or kills up to two people since it appeared targeted (from the previously linked article):

That is a decrease from 10 people injured or killed to up to 2 people injured or killed in terms of violent crime statistics (if they managed to stab each other). That is far from the same outcome.

Granted, all of this is meaningless if Sedisp claims this still doesn't solve any issues, since they previously stated

But I think bystanders not getting killed/injured does solve some major issues.

Friend this conversation was about people banging on about crime crisis 2021 yes someone being injured not killed is preferable this is irrelevant to reactionaries and their enablers as the goal post is inevitably moved. Hence Britain becoming knife crime island and since the conversation was centered on afore mentioned enablers I was assuming the argument was predicated on what would stop that narrative.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Now I'm not saying it was aliens.... but it was aliens

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

zoux posted:

I mean, would you say the same about Democrats after '16?

Yeah -- I can believe that there's an equal amount of crazy democrats as there are crazy republicans. Unfortunately, the extremes in this country are making extremists of all of us.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 24, 2021

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Sanguinia posted:

Now I'm not saying it was aliens.... but it was aliens
aliens with today's tech so they're not ready when a giant missiles just smashes into their poo poo and through their high tech defenses. then they get hooked on cinnamon.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The main difference though is that there lacked a real echo chamber of the kind to spread those kinds of beliefs, and concerns over the illegitimacy over the 2016 election divided between two tracks: Systemic concerns like the Electoral College, and specific accountability for Russian interference to what extent Trump and his campaign knew about and benefited from Russian interference. Things that have concrete grounds and weren't expected to result in overturning the election (but were hoped would make Trump politically toxic and otherwise lead to future reforms like HR1).

Democrats don't latch onto (political) conspiracy theories the same way the right does because the right being proto-fascists feed on the existence of an "other" that through a careful shifting of the rhetorical focus is overwhelmingly strong and out to get them and pathetically weak to stand victoriously atop over.

The closest thing among the left are those who believe the DNC rigged the primaries as that is allowed to live in the online echo chamber of rose twitter and only gains traction as a result of right wing misinformation campaigns and the russians giving more light to those conspiracy theories to try to drive down Dem turnout.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

InsertPotPun posted:

aliens with today's tech so they're not ready when a giant missiles just smashes into their poo poo and through their high tech defenses. then they get hooked on cinnamon.

it's ginger you Philistine

it also puts them into heat and boy oh boy are there detailed descriptions of that

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

it also puts them into heat and boy oh boy are there detailed descriptions of that

How else do you think people discovered they were scalies?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zoux posted:

I’m pretty sure all the RWM was touting it as a platform. Anyway, everyone called his blog dumb and it was doing atrocious numbers so if course this wasn’t the real thing, no we can expect that in about two weeks, I’m sure.
I'm sure it will go about as well as Frank did, which is/was Mike Lindell's site

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Good job on understanding the first amendment florida.

https://twitter.com/HalSinger/status/1396930114060013568

"A late amendment to the bill exempts companies from the law if they own a theme park larger than 25 acres"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Nessus posted:

I am also curious what is the percentage of the electorate we are looking at here? Is this people who are already asked if they would identify themselves as Republicans? My understanding is that that percentage of the electorate is somewhere between 25 to 35% nationally (obviously it varies on region), and yet I have seen a lot of people go from "53% of 35%" (to construct it generously) to "53% of the entire electorate," between less than clear framing and the apparent deep conditioning that only Republican voters are actual Americans.

e: Reviewing the crosstabs, 35% Republican - 53% of 35% is 18.55%. Assuming a representative sample, that would be the actual number of people who think old Donald is the secret true 46th Imam. I wonder how this compares to people who would say they thought Obama was born abroad?

That Venn diagram would be a single circle.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
We're going to have to bribe people to get them to turn off their lights for a minute in order to target the asteroid that is coming to annihilate all life.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1396949131592151044

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

It also wasn't a missile--it was a dumb giant-rear end artillery shell from that rail gun the Germans built.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bugsy posted:

"A late amendment to the bill exempts companies from the law if they own a theme park larger than 25 acres"

I thought you were joking, but that's literally what it says. Isn't the whole point of favouritism that you're supposed to hide it behind a veneer of legitimacy?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Samuel Clemens posted:

I thought you were joking, but that's literally what it says. Isn't the whole point of favouritism that you're supposed to hide it?
The GOP has ruled this state since the late 1990s. They don't care.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

We're going to have to bribe people to get them to turn off their lights for a minute in order to target the asteroid that is coming to annihilate all life.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1396949131592151044

I don’t know if anyone’s said it, but this is a perfect plan because only drooling morons play the lottery. It’s laser-targeted to the trump crowd.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

I thought you were joking, but that's literally what it says. Isn't the whole point of favouritism that you're supposed to hide it behind a veneer of legitimacy?

How many news orgs and websites are under the Disney umbrella? A lot of them.

So not only is this law unconstitutional under the 1st amendment but it’s also illegal in giving an illegal monopoly.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

zoux posted:

Platform is just a totally neutral word though? Or at least I thought it was? Twitter is a platform, facebook is a platform, even something awful is a dead gay platform, it's just a term to refer a place you use to get your message out.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is this just Trump getting mad over nothing because he's an idiot?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don’t know if anyone’s said it, but this is a perfect plan because only drooling morons play the lottery. It’s laser-targeted to the trump crowd.
They need to build in some kind of MLM-style incentive/reward structure. For each person you convince to get vaccinated, you get an extra lotto ticket, plus one for each person THEY convince to get the shot, and so on.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Platform is just a totally neutral word though? Or at least I thought it was? Twitter is a platform, facebook is a platform, even something awful is a dead gay platform, it's just a term to refer a place you use to get your message out.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is this just Trump getting mad over nothing because he's an idiot?

That was my take as well

FMguru posted:

They need to build in some kind of MLM-style incentive/reward structure. For each person you convince to get vaccinated, you get an extra lotto ticket, plus one for each person THEY convince to get the shot, and so on.

This is the only way it could have been more successful.

I hate our stupid population

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Oh it's definitely him being an idiot.

Essentially the RWM is trying to dress up his anger blog as a "media platform" to make him sound smart, powerful, and in control and he's too loving dumb to play along.

Real "I poo poo my pants on purpose" energy.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Murgos posted:

How many news orgs and websites are under the Disney umbrella? A lot of them.

So not only is this law unconstitutional under the 1st amendment but it’s also illegal in giving an illegal monopoly.

Not a monopoly—it also applies to Comcast (Universal Studios)

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

or is this just Trump getting mad over nothing because he's an idiot?

Perish the thought

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i always assumed platform at least with the online kind had to have like a certain user base level or some poo poo. idk.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

turtledove is so great, glad he expanded on the idea of "what if stalin's parents immigrated to the united states"

i know he made one where the south managed to break away and became a fascist state or something.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tgacon posted:

Not a monopoly—it also applies to Comcast (Universal Studios)

A Duopoly made up of Monopolies isn't much better

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i know he made one where the south managed to break away and became a fascist state or something.

Was that also the one with the time-traveling South African nazis who brought the AK-47 to the south and somehow were way too racist for even the Confederates?

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 24, 2021

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What happened was the South won the Civil War and became a seperate nation, then the Confederacy and the Union joined opposite sides of WW1 and created a North American theater for the conflict, and because there was a slave uprising behind the front lines during the war when the Confederates lost they turned it into a Stabbed In The Back myth that assisted in the rise of fascism.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

only drooling morons play the lottery

This is an incredibly hosed up thing to say

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

"One." Sure. Keep thinking that (Turtledove is actually pretty cool on Twitter, FWIW.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sanguinia posted:

What happened was the South won the Civil War and became a seperate nation, then the Confederacy and the Union joined opposite sides of WW1 and created a North American theater for the conflict, and because there was a slave uprising behind the front lines during the war when the Confederates lost they turned it into a Stabbed In The Back myth that assisted in the rise of fascism.

cool. i'll have to try it. whats the series called?:

Jaxyon posted:

Oh it's definitely him being an idiot.

Essentially the RWM is trying to dress up his anger blog as a "media platform" to make him sound smart, powerful, and in control and he's too loving dumb to play along.

Real "I poo poo my pants on purpose" energy.

yeah. thats always been the "best" thing about trump is he will always maul the poo poo out of anyone trying to help him especially if they have to be realistic when trying to help him. like his blog is basicaly him whining about weird stupid poo poo and ranting about his "enemies" in the GOP.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Andrew Yang's campaign strategy of trying to portray him as a real New Yorker has hit a new high.

(99% chance he said this because he couldn't think of another one)

https://twitter.com/mirandayaver/status/1396886683849674753

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bugsy posted:

Good job on understanding the first amendment florida.

https://twitter.com/HalSinger/status/1396930114060013568

You've gotta hand it to them, that's an impressively blatant way of excepting The Mouse from the law.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
my two cents is mush brain Donnie associates platform with platform shoes, and therefore bad.

or maybe platform is some 90s real estate vocab word for a bad thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

PhazonLink posted:

my two cents is mush brain Donnie associates platform with platform shoes, and therefore bad.

or maybe platform is some 90s real estate vocab word for a bad thing?

I went and looked at his page and he's insisting that it's not a new "platform", only a temporary solution as his lawyers fight big tech who illegally banned him from their platforms

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cool. i'll have to try it. whats the series called?:

I forget what the series as a whole was called. The first book is How Few Remain, which is a prequel that explains the historical divergence and lays important groundwork for the series.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Sedisp posted:

Friend this conversation was about people banging on about crime crisis 2021 yes someone being injured not killed is preferable this is irrelevant to reactionaries and their enablers as the goal post is inevitably moved. Hence Britain becoming knife crime island and since the conversation was centered on afore mentioned enablers I was assuming the argument was predicated on what would stop that narrative.

They funny thing is that the USA also has higher knife crime rates than the UK, AND has all the gun murders too!
https://www.euronews.com/2018/05/05/trump-s-knife-crime-claim-how-do-the-us-and-uk-compare-

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darkrenown posted:

They funny thing is that the USA also has higher knife crime rates than the UK, AND has all the gun murders too!
https://www.euronews.com/2018/05/05/trump-s-knife-crime-claim-how-do-the-us-and-uk-compare-
Okay but how high is the crime rate on the west and east coasts, taking out the backwater in-between?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Grouchio posted:

Okay but how high is the crime rate on the west and east coasts, taking out the backwater in-between?

Uh, I dunno. I would assume there's more crime on the coasts due to the higher population density, but maybe the rates are worse in the poorer flyer areas?
E: Not the most detailed, but:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Darkrenown posted:

Uh, I dunno. I would assume there's more crime on the coasts due to the higher population density, but maybe the rates are worse in the poorer flyer areas?
E: Not the most detailed, but:

I'm seeing a strong correlation here between violent crime and Meow Wolf installations, planned or actual. Is Colorado going up?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Andrew Yang's campaign strategy of trying to portray him as a real New Yorker has hit a new high.

(99% chance he said this because he couldn't think of another one)

https://twitter.com/mirandayaver/status/1396886683849674753

New Yorkers constantly defining arbitrary criteria about what makes someone a 'real New Yorker,' as though that's even a title of value is even more tiring than hearing about Yang's candidacy in the first place. Who the gently caress has a favorite subway stop in the first place? There are plenty of policy reasons to dunk on Yang without making up completely arbitrary ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

I'm seeing a strong correlation here between violent crime and Meow Wolf installations, planned or actual. Is Colorado going up?

If you do enough drugs then all of Alaska can be a Meow Wolf, too.