Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful Select is reporting that there will be more NXT AND NXT UK callups debuting on RAW and Smackdown soon.

How the hell can you be called up from the main roster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful Select is reporting that there will be more NXT AND NXT UK callups debuting on RAW and Smackdown soon.

Devlin, maybe?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Finally, we've found out who trained Snoop

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1347003076507561984?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That first one still stinks. You can see how her legs are still dragging below her like she doesn't have the ability to flatten out at all once she jumps. The angle almost helps it, but not really.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Devlin, maybe?

Speculation is currently Kay Lee Ray (as the NXT NA division doesn't need her, plus its very likely she drops the UK Women's title to Meiko) on the UK side of things, and Io Shirai on the NA side, at least among the women. Both RAW and Smackdown desperately need more women, since Rhea has been almost a complete flop on the main roster, and Bianca has cleaned out the entire Smackdown Women's Division already.

As for men, the only people I could see being called up is either Kross or Balor.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t Matt Morgan currently implicated in some shady poo poo with a literal trafficker

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t Matt Morgan currently implicated in some shady poo poo with a literal trafficker

Yes but because he has the magic (R) next to his name its either fake news or he is undercover to expose how Soros is actually behind it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Rhea might be kind of a flop but maybe thats because she's been given less time than Reginald the no socks accoutrement to the ladies division.

Apparently she's always sucked at the splash, maybe she shouldn't do it. Turn it into a falling elbow or something jeez.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Hopefully Io at least managed to lobby her way onto Smackdown and not Raw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

As for men, the only people I could see being called up is either Kross or Balor.

lmao poor balor. it'd be both sad and really funny he escaped to NXT only to get called up to catering once more

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

mooseinfants posted:

Heel Io vs Face Bianca, please WWE I don't ask for much but please give me that. I'll even actually watch SD for once.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Inaugural WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
e: wrong thread

Hirez fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 24, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He talked about it on a podcast once. If I remember right, he and Jim Neidhart were trying to stand out and the person making their gear suggested hot pink, Vince saw it and loved it and that was that.

Edit: answered a question from the wrong thread I guess!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

You just know that if Io ends up on RAW she's going to end up putting Charlotte over so WWE can try and spin her as the best in the world instead of Io.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

He's involved with Joel Greenberg who's the tax collector for Seminole County. Matt inappropriately received state money from Greenberg who was funneling cash to all of his friends as tax collector. Oh and at the same time Greenberg was the in-between for Matt Gaetz and underage prostitutes. All of that poo poo got revealed after Greenberg started being investigated because he tried to accuse his opponent for tax collector of being a pedophile school teacher.

Edit: clarified that it's Greenberg who was actually involved in trafficking. Matt was just defrauding the government with someone involved in trafficking.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 24, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol they always go with the turning to god thing at the end when they've been exposed as a monster

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

You just know that if Io ends up on RAW she's going to end up putting Charlotte over so WWE can try and spin her as the best in the world instead of Io.
That feels really, really likely.

Also I don't think they're calling up Balor. Roderick Strong maybe.

Karrion Kross reign of terror being aborted to job him out on main event would be hilarious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Amazing how someone constantly playing second fiddle to Charlotte Flair can’t get over.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a friend called it the "WWG1 Climax" and I nearly fainted

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

We gotta remember that current NXT storylines play little to no part in the decision to call someone up, best exemplified when Gargano and Ciampa got called up as DIY in the middle of their story then immediately Ciampa got injured and the call-up canceled.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

We gotta remember that current NXT storylines play little to no part in the decision to call someone up, best exemplified when Gargano and Ciampa got called up as DIY in the middle of their story then immediately Ciampa got injured and the call-up canceled.
I think the best example is having someone finish a match and win the belt with their arm fallen off only to vacate because their arm fell off so Vince could have Keith Lee THAT WEEK with no exceptions. Everyone involved in that looked terrible.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

And then Keith Lee got put in unflattering gear with poo poo music, used a handful of times then disappeared because of covid/being large/vince’s dementia/etc.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the escape goat posted:

a friend called it the "WWG1 Climax" and I nearly fainted

lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dacap posted:

They used to pull this poo poo with OVW callups too, and it drove Cornette nuts.

I know Cornette is a shitbutt dildoman but it's a valid complaint.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

great job Drake, you got all the sex creeps on one card.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who the gently caress are any of those people besides Low Ki?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

isn't that Joey Ryan with the boa

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think I only know who two of those people are... Drake and Matt Morgan?

coconono posted:

isn't that Joey Ryan with the boa

I spent way too long looking at that picture thinking you were talking about a snake.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

So the flipcause site they're using to sell tickets currently has this lovely duo on the poster as well. The event's in a bowling alley so who knows if anyone's wrestling.

But interestingly, it also collects "recent activity" aka people who bought tickets.

That's the "District Senior Executive Aide for Rep. Anthony Sabatini" from her linkedin, and Sabatini is one of Joel Greenberg/Matt Morgan's pals.

There's a few other business owners and lawyers and such on the activity page but it's very much a Q scam.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Okay that is such a good line at the end, "HE'S A HUMAN PIECE OF SPAGHETTI", I want that on my wall as an embroidery

bartok
May 10, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They used to pull this poo poo with OVW callups too, and it drove Cornette nuts.

I know Cornette is a shitbutt dildoman but it's a valid complaint.

Wasn't that the whole point of OVW? If they got called up to WWE that means Corny did his job.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bartok posted:

Wasn't that the whole point of OVW? If they got called up to WWE that means Corny did his job.

WWE being WWE, expected OVW to be self sufficient on top of a feeder for WWF. Cornette was bitching about sold shows he already paid out on fliers and radio spots so its kind of a wash.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those blessed enough to not be watching RAW because you don't hate yourselves enough, they just announced a new match for Hell in a Cell:

Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair for the RAW Women's Championship. Note that this match came about after Asuka beat Charlotte last week, but then Charlotte won via rollup this week so...she gets a title match.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hell in a Cell is in June now?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

For those blessed enough to not be watching RAW because you don't hate yourselves enough, they just announced a new match for Hell in a Cell:

Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair for the RAW Women's Championship. Note that this match came about after Asuka beat Charlotte last week, but then Charlotte won via rollup this week so...she gets a title match.

Sounds awesome thanks for the heads up

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rhea RIPley

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
For anyone who didn't watch (which is most people I think): Rhea did a backstage segment where she told Charlotte nobody likes her because she doesn't give anyone any respect

She proceeded to have a match against Nikki Cross where she promised to win in two minutes or she loses. She spent the first minute mocking Nikki and doing the checking your watch thing. She spent the second minute beating the poo poo out of Nikki, but forgot about the time limit and so "lost" when two minutes expired while she was busy kicking Nikki's teeth in

Nikki proceeded to dance around the outside of the ring and do the nyah nyah thing where you put your thumb against your nose and wiggle your fingers while Charlotte came out and mocked Rhea and the announce team buried her for losing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-womens-tag-team-title-rematch-342211

Bobby Lashley complains about how Drew McIntyre won't leave him alone no matter how many times he loses, Drew says he needs the belt back. Kofi Kingston says he won last week, he deserves the shot, and Drew should go to the back of the line. Adam Pearce announces a #1 contendership match right now
Drew and Kofi fight to a double DQ when Lashley attacks Drew and MVP attacks Kofi. Drew and Kofi fight them off postmatch
Nikki Cross interrupts a conversation between Charlotte and Rhea Ripley and says she could beat either of them. Charlotte says Ripley should have two minutes to beat Nikki, Ripley agrees
Nikki wins a 2-minute Beat the Clock challenge over Ripley when Rhea can't beat Nikki before the time limit ends. Charlotte laughs
Pearce says Drew/Kofi rematch next week. Pearce tells Lashley if him or MVP interfere or are even ringside again, he's suspended 90 days without pay
Charlotte defeats Asuka. Again
Cedric Alexander spends five minutes saying it's okay that he got kicked out of Hurt Business because he's still in his prime with years ahead of him and doesn't need to retire
Cedric defeats Shelton after an eyepoke
Riddle defeats Xavier Woods with an RKO
Jaxson Ryker defeats AJ Styles after Elias interferes. Postmatch Omos chases them both, Elias trips up the ramp and gets tackled nearly through the stage
Sheamus defeats Humberto Carrillo. Postmatch Sheamus kicks his rear end some more, but Ricochet makes the save
Natalya and Tamina retain the women's tag titles over Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax after attempted distraction from Reginald backfires, Shayna tells him to leave, and fire pyro goes off as he goes up the ramp blinding him, letting Natalya roll up Shayna. Shayna checks up on Reginald postmatch, then yells at him and challenges him to a match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Intruder posted:

For anyone who didn't watch (which is most people I think): Rhea did a backstage segment where she told Charlotte nobody likes her because she doesn't give anyone any respect

She proceeded to have a match against Nikki Cross where she promised to win in two minutes or she loses. She spent the first minute mocking Nikki and doing the checking your watch thing. She spent the second minute beating the poo poo out of Nikki, but forgot about the time limit and so "lost" when two minutes expired while she was busy kicking Nikki's teeth in

Nikki proceeded to dance around the outside of the ring and do the nyah nyah thing where you put your thumb against your nose and wiggle your fingers while Charlotte came out and mocked Rhea and the announce team buried her for losing

It's utterly remarkable how WWE has made both Rhea and Charlotte utterly unlikable assholes in totally different (but also similar in a way) fashion!

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1397009642958565378