Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I've got a Proper Painting to trade for that Wild Painting Left Half, if you're interested.

I'm down! I can open up now.

Dodo Code: CLOSED! No worries if you aren't around at the moment, we can hook up later.

Poque fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Poque posted:

I'm down! I can open up now.

Dodo Code: FHS29. No worries if you aren't around at the moment, we can hook up later.

Sorry! I took a dinner break; coming over now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Sorry! I took a dinner break; coming over now.

No prob - beauty of the Switch's portability is I just set it aside on the desk. Thanks a ton!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Are elaborate kimono stands rare? I usually just take what's given to me by residents but I thought it looked kind of neat but it's 222,000 bells 👀

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Let me tell you a story from months ago:

The fact that I had this wholesome experience in a video game still makes me so happy :blessed:

This makes me miss Vivian! At one point I had her, Freya, and Audie on my island, then I think it was her and Skye, then I was wolf-less for a while, and now I have Whitney!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Charles posted:

Are elaborate kimono stands rare? I usually just take what's given to me by residents but I thought it looked kind of neat but it's 222,000 bells 👀

Yes and they come in a bunch of styles too, which is annoying if you like filling up your catalog.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Redd is here with fake Detailed painting, Scary painting and Warrior statue as well as unlimited green Dolly and Leisure ship in a bottle.

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks, turnip prices are trash. Please take some DIYs or stuff from the ground. Flowers, fruit and pumpkins are also for the taking.

I'll be AFK, but checking in periodically for connection problems.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 21, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fifth rock in place. The final spot is the one I think might be too close to a bridge, guess I'll see if it spawns tomorrow. I'm so close to being able to get rid of all the mannequins.

Last bug model now outside the museum. Not much else decoration-wise to do now until the wedding event next month, I think I can use a bunch of the stuff from that...

By the end of summer I'll have finished most of my goals for this island, really. I'll have completed the museum, I'll have finished decorating, and hopefully I'll have ten villagers I like too much to want to change.

At that point I will probably give in and buy a second Switch. Curse this game.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Chow moved out, and I found Gala on my Nook Miles travels, and she may be the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The gates of LeBonZone are OPEN after a long hiatus! I have done some redecorating so come see!

closed

Event Plaza is now a Pride Party! Come bring your fabulous self and dance away! If that's not enough, there is also a pride garden located behind resident services.

Campsite has been relocated and revamped just in time for summer. There are plenty of tents to relax in. More tents can be found on the beach, including Madame Beachcomb's Fortune Telling on the southeast beach, next to the docks.

COMING SOON: infinity pool next to Treehouse restaurant.

As a request, I have placed a black rose behind Swole Zone Gym (west of the Pride Garden). It's already been hit with a gold watering can so it just needs watering. I put a watering can near it. Please water it! I need gold roses for Treehouse Restaurant

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 22, 2021

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Silver Falcon posted:

The gates of LeBonZone are OPEN after a long hiatus! I have done some redecorating so come see!

Doodoo Code here

Event Plaza is now a Pride Party! Come bring your fabulous self and dance away! If that's not enough, there is also a pride garden located behind resident services.

Campsite has been relocated and revamped just in time for summer. There are plenty of tents to relax in. More tents can be found on the beach, including Madame Beachcomb's Fortune Telling on the southeast beach, next to the docks.

COMING SOON: infinity pool next to Treehouse restaurant.

As a request, I have placed a black rose behind Swole Zone Gym (west of the Pride Garden). It's already been hit with a gold watering can so it just needs watering. I put a watering can near it. Please water it! I need gold roses for Treehouse Restaurant

Are you still open?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Haji posted:

Are you still open?

Yes! Come on down.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Very cool, and is that a Godzilla vs Mothra reference? Hehe

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Brought you some more black and gold roses.

Also, omg, your island is so awesome

How did you get the villager posters?

Haji fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 22, 2021

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Charles posted:

Very cool, and is that a Godzilla vs Mothra reference? Hehe

Yes, I have Godzilla and Mothra battling over the lighthouse. Also next to the wedding area, cuz who wouldn't want Godzilla and Mothra at their wedding?

Haji posted:

Brought you some more black and gold roses.

Also, omg, your island is so awesome

How did you get the villager posters?

Oh! Why thank you! That's terribly kind of you. I think you provided exactly as many as I needed. Thank you!

Villager posters you unlock at Harv's Island. When you go there, go inside, open the decoration mode (down on the control pad), then press right on the control pad and tab over to the last section with L or R. That shows your residents. Place them in the room anywhere you like, doesn't matter where, and then go back home. Harv will call you on the phone and tell you you can now order posters of the villagers you put down from the "Special Goods" section at the Nook Stop terminal or your Nook Shopping app. Repeat this process if you get new villagers to unlock their posters.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Silver Falcon posted:

Yes, I have Godzilla and Mothra battling over the lighthouse. Also next to the wedding area, cuz who wouldn't want Godzilla and Mothra at their wedding?

Oh! Why thank you! That's terribly kind of you. I think you provided exactly as many as I needed. Thank you!

Villager posters you unlock at Harv's Island. When you go there, go inside, open the decoration mode (down on the control pad), then press right on the control pad and tab over to the last section with L or R. That shows your residents. Place them in the room anywhere you like, doesn't matter where, and then go back home. Harv will call you on the phone and tell you you can now order posters of the villagers you put down from the "Special Goods" section at the Nook Stop terminal or your Nook Shopping app. Repeat this process if you get new villagers to unlock their posters.

I did not know about the posters, thank you!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Kevin the jock pig is leaving Fryland today so that Fang can move in! If anyone would like to adopt him please let me know, he’s a pretty delightful villager.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I haven't been on my island in weeks. I'm sure it's overrun with weeds and friends wanting to know where I've been...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Waffle! posted:

I haven't been on my island in weeks. I'm sure it's overrun with weeds and friends wanting to know where I've been...

The weeds are pretty and your villagers will say something to the tune of "Oh hey Waffle, long time no see!" the first time you talk to them, and will never mention your absence again.

Go check in with your friends. They'll be happy to see you!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffle! posted:

Just started after forgetting my switch on vacation. It's so nice how they greet you after an absence.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It's a rainy afternoon on IslaSancta. Redd's here with a REAL Quaint Painting, a REAL Amazing Painting, a FAKE Jolly Painting and a FAKE Warrior Statue, along with red microwave and green popcorn machine. Turnips are trash. Buy out the stores. I'll be AFK. Dodo (closed) - if anyone wants the fox's stuff let me know and I'll try to reopen later.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 25, 2021

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
My dear Plucky wanted to move out yesterday and I'm letting her go. She was one of my first villagers, so I'd like her to go to a good home instead of the void. In boxes now, in front and to the left of the Cranny.

Redd is also here, but I haven't checked his wares. The warp pipe to the left of the pier will take you right to his beach.

I'll generally be AFK.

K Y C 6 R

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Black Robe posted:

It's a rainy afternoon on IslaSancta. Redd's here with a REAL Quaint Painting, a REAL Amazing Painting, a FAKE Jolly Painting and a FAKE Warrior Statue, along with red microwave and green popcorn machine. Turnips are trash. Buy out the stores. I'll be AFK. Dodo (closed) - if anyone wants the fox's stuff let me know and I'll try to reopen later.

I'd love to get that Amazing Painting if it's still available.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poque posted:

I'd love to get that Amazing Painting if it's still available.

Messaged you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thanks so much!!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Saharah’s here on Fiorina with rugs and wallpapers and flooring for your home. Please come and visit and buy things from her, she travelled a long way to sell things.

Turnip prices are hot garbage, but everything else in Nooks is pretty good today. Please ignore the mess next to Resident Services, I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 25, 2021

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Grumble Bees posted:

Redd is also here, but I haven't checked his wares. The warp pipe to the left of the pier will take you right to his beach.

I'll generally be AFK.

K Y C 6 R

Thanks so much! Was able to snag the Motherly statue, which I’ve never seen in any form on my island because Redd keeps bringing me the same drat 4 pieces.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Motherly is one of the rarest ones.

Because obviously the best way to improve a huge random collection that you can only get one piece of (if you're lucky) every two weeks is to add a rarity scale.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Black Robe posted:

if anyone wants the fox's stuff let me know and I'll try to reopen later.

Is that Quaint Painting still up for grabs?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Motherly is one of the rarest ones.

Because obviously the best way to improve a huge random collection that you can only get one piece of (if you're lucky) every two weeks is to add a rarity scale.

The one time I've seen Motherly it was a fake. Redd!!! :argh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Had no idea there were different scales of rarity. No wonder that one's still on my list!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I got the Motherly once and it ended up being a real boy (and boy, and wolf)!

But I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a real Scary painting. I mean, I have one, but I bought it on someone else's island. Redd's literally never brought a real one.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Beau sent me a real Motherly Statue in the mail as a gift on what would have been my late mother's IRL birthday. It was super weird but very sweet and I love that it's the date of donation on the museum plaque :shobon:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I've always been on the lookout for another King Kamehameha statue (I don't remember what the in game name is) but the one that I have was from another friend's island. My Redd has never had one.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Beau sent me a real Motherly Statue in the mail as a gift on what would have been my late mother's IRL birthday. It was super weird but very sweet and I love that it's the date of donation on the museum plaque :shobon:

That's incredible.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I've always been on the lookout for another King Kamehameha statue (I don't remember what the in game name is) but the one that I have was from another friend's island. My Redd has never had one.

I love looking at that thing and want a fake one for "my" yard.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Celeste has returned to Mau-Mau again. I have her trapped up by Raymond's house at the top/middle of the island.

For your convenience, the warp pipe is set up to take you there and back.

Help yourself to whatever's on the ground as well as fruit, flowers and pumpkins. Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Turnips are not great (107).

CLOSED

I'll be AFK but checking in to make sure the connection works.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 26, 2021

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
My lazies have an incredible track record for mailing real art. I wonder if they were art school dropouts or something.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Raymond's sent me two knockoffs, which seems apt.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Chester keeps sending me fossils that he finds under his bed. How does this tiny bear have giant T-Rex bones under his bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
Opening Mayaya for a heavy meteor shower. Celeste is wandering next to the camping zone. I'm teleworking so ping me in discord if you need anything. Buy anything you want. Able sisters have the cybersuit. Local time is GMT +02:00 Spain

DODO is CLOSED

Tabachinova fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 27, 2021