Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Prestigious founding members such as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

That man fucks corpses.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Let's start a company and get an IDIQ contract for corpses. How do we get an NSN?

maffew buildings posted:

I want to be used for med school cadaver lab, only have a Rolex or emerald or something hidden under my liver with a note telling the student congrats on finding the prize!

Junior Mints.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1396908528401485827?s=19

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

There are other possible interpretations of this move. Biden is having the Department of Education review whether he has the authority to forgive student loan debt via executive action. A result is expected soon-ish, and if he got advance notice that he likely does have that authority, it would make sense to exclude the debt forgiveness from the budget.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

McNally posted:

I want my remains scattered over Disneyland.

Do not cremate me.

Parts in the shape of a mickey mouse head silhouette

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Torrannor posted:

There are other possible interpretations of this move. Biden is having the Department of Education review whether he has the authority to forgive student loan debt via executive action. A result is expected soon-ish, and if he got advance notice that he likely does have that authority, it would make sense to exclude the debt forgiveness from the budget.

Oh my sweet summer child.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Torrannor posted:

No there isn't.

"Nothing is going to change" - Joe Biden about to be elected president

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Hekk posted:

I want a few of my buddies to steal my body from the morgue, drag me out into the middle of Joshua Tree National Park, and unsuccessfully cremate my body on account of there not being a ton of poo poo to burn in the middle of the desert.

That story fascinates me because I have to wonder about what it was like to have the dawning realization that this wasn't working and what they thought was going to be a tribute to a friend and legend was turning into an absolute goat rodeo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Torrannor posted:

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1397170778874028033

You may not recall this woman because she matched Scaramucci’s record for duration of employment, but she was Assistant Commissioner for Media Affairs for the Food and Drug Administration less than a year ago.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Torrannor posted:

real question: do you follow nate silver on twitter

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Notahippie posted:

That story fascinates me because I have to wonder about what it was like to have the dawning realization that this wasn't working and what they thought was going to be a tribute to a friend and legend was turning into an absolute goat rodeo.

Doing that today would earn so many more charges. Like, years in prison versus the "boys will be boys" judgement they got. It's a great story though.

The Eyes Have It posted:

So that's what happened to the guy from Jamiroquai.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1397170778874028033

You may not recall this woman because she matched Scaramucci’s record for duration of employment, but she was Assistant Commissioner for Media Affairs for the Food and Drug Administration less than a year ago.

It’s gotta be a joke right

Right

I’m the idiot in the room right now right?

Right?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Torrannor posted:

Please explain why he would need to do it through executive action if it’s a part of a bill the legislature passes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

boop the snoot posted:

It’s gotta be a joke right

Right

I’m the idiot in the room right now right?

Right?

Nah she's tweeting through it rn on her wall.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That Works posted:

Nah she's tweeting through it rn on her wall.

It’s some impressive corncobbing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Brave pro infant mortality stanc e

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Bad week to be a journalist- Myanmar arrested an American journalist while they waited to board a flight some time last night, The Belarus thing is going oddly underreported, and of course China is continuing to roll up anyone vaguely connected with the protests in Hong Kong.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Brave pro infant mortality stanc e

Post-natal pro-choice.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Immanentized posted:

Bad week to be a journalist- Myanmar arrested an American journalist while they waited to board a flight some time last night, The Belarus thing is going oddly underreported, and of course China is continuing to roll up anyone vaguely connected with the protests in Hong Kong.

I've heard about the Belarus thing at least once a day from every one of my news sources tho?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Biden DOJ: Ok the previous DOJ definitely lied, but this kind of advice from OLC to the President should probably stay sealed, so we're partially appealing. Please stay your ruling so we can appeal:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1397015969113968643?s=19

Judge: lol no, clerk reveal it now

https://twitter.com/NatlSecCnslrs/status/1397189213876113419?s=19

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1397191967449264141?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 25, 2021

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CainFortea posted:

I'm less bothered about the space golf courses use as the amount of water. They average 130,000 gallons per course per day.

For sense of scale, flint Michigan needs about 95,000 gallons of drinking water per day.

Golf sucks but they use non potable water typically. I grew up in FL and all of those courses smell like sewage first thing in the morning. I played peewee football with a couple kids from a gated community and even their fancy rear end country club course smelled awful.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wonder how dem ol Trump boys gonna get outta this one!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is this just :decorum: between presidents wanting to defend their predecessors from things that might personally harm them?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this just :decorum: between presidents wanting to defend their predecessors from things that might personally harm them?

It's more that bureaucratic institutions tend to jealously guard their powers from encroachment by other government institutions.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

It's a pretty legitimate thing. Presidents need to be able to ask their legal people (OLC) if something is legal/illegal, then get candid advice back. The only way that advice is truly candid is if it never gets revealed to the Congress/public, which is the Biden DOJ argument - executive privilege. The idea is that you judge what the President does to execute the law, not what the President is asking his own legal people about.

The Biden DOJ is seeking to keep that standard - that internal legal memos stay internal. But, the Trump DOJ basically lied about this particular Barr memo to a Federal Judge and she's not happy about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

It's a pretty legitimate thing. Presidents need to be able to ask their legal people (OLC) if something is legal/illegal, then get candid advice back. The only way that advice is truly candid is if it never gets revealed to the Congress/public, which is the Biden DOJ argument - executive privilege. The idea is that you judge what the President does to execute the law, not what the President is asking his own legal people about.

The Biden DOJ is seeking to keep that standard - that internal legal memos stay internal. But, the Trump DOJ basically lied about this particular Barr memo to a Federal Judge and she's not happy about it.

I think the problem is we pretty much know Trump got advice on illegal stuff and then acted on that advice, so there's angry Judges because the Judges recognize not only was the DOJ lying to them, they were probably lying to cover up some pretty heinous violations of Federal Law, and even worse Barr's DOJ Attorneys did a half-assed job at trying to cover for it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

Biden DOJ: Ok the previous DOJ definitely lied, but this kind of advice from OLC to the President should probably stay sealed, so we're partially appealing. Please stay your ruling so we can appeal:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1397015969113968643?s=19

Judge: lol no, clerk reveal it now

https://twitter.com/NatlSecCnslrs/status/1397189213876113419?s=19

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1397191967449264141?s=19

She ordered the clerk to release her opinion on it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Pretty sure that journalist Belarus grabbed was a nazi who was embedded with pro-US, right wing Ukrainians so I don't think there are any good sides to that story.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

If he just does it, what will the SC make people do if they find it "unconstitutional"? Make them give the money back???

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Pretty sure that journalist Belarus grabbed was a nazi who was embedded with pro-US, right wing Ukrainians so I don't think there are any good sides to that story.

That's the Belarussian disinformation that's making the circuit.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
From the Eastern Europe D&D thread:

Somaen posted:

Yeah, if you were following twitter you could see in real-time how first Kremlin bots were flooding Russian-language replies related to the topic with either "but but MORALES PLANE SNOWDEN 2013" and then the "NEONAZI AZOV MAIDAN"

After this the narrative spread to the english-speaking part through the usual propaganda outlets like Sputnik, the Grayzone (Ben Norton) and the surrounding disinfo ecosystem, they are just trying to flood the debate with poo poo. (Which is notable, the Kremlin is helping out Belarus here)

The "source" is an anonymous (pro-Lukashenko) telegram channel, which got picked up by Russian outlets, which got picked up by one Ukrainian outlet, which was used as a source link on wikipedia

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpaghettiKozak/status/1396920095302164481
https://mobile.twitter.com/Alexey__Kovalev/status/1396896211311939585

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Did Trump’s OLC just tell him to not worry about legal ramifications of anything ever?

Or maybe that’s what he told the OLC and then put his fingers in his years.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

That's the Belarussian disinformation that's making the circuit.

So he wasn't embedded with a neo-nazi wing of the Ukrainian militia? Or cause they're against Russia they're suddenly friends even though they're a nazi?

Lol he also worked for free radio Europe, a CIA funded program.

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 25, 2021

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

If he just does it, what will the SC make people do if they find it "unconstitutional"? Make them give the money back???

Cadaver Synod of all the former presidents

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

So he wasn't embedded with a neo-nazi wing of the Ukrainian militia? Or cause they're against Russia they're suddenly friends even though they're a nazi?

These days if a journalist is getting arrested in Eastern Europe chances are very good they're left wing not right.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

These days if a journalist is getting arrested in Eastern Europe chances are very good they're left wing not right.

lol whatever you say

CIA well known for hiring leftists I guess now

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol whatever you say

CIA well known for hiring leftists I guess now

If you ask Ted Cruz, that's what he'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Last I heard CIA loved tricking leftists into doing poo poo that might make them look bad.