Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's semi detached cause you gotta mentally detach yourself from experiencing your neighbors plight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Abongination posted:

Duplexes share walls down the middle of the house. So you can be kept up by sound of your neighbour crying themselves to sleep.

Capitalism

I'm pretty sure most "lol capitalism" goons strongly support urbanism which tends to mean you share as many as 5 walls with neighbors

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The real fruit of capitalism is sharing a wall with your neighbour and literally nothing else

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Abongination posted:

Duplexes share walls down the middle of the house. So you can be kept up by sound of your neighbour crying themselves to sleep.

Capitalism

not always, sometimes they're top and bottom

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shame Boy posted:

Spoiler alert sovcit poo poo is all an extension of hating black people :ssh:

I thought it was mostly people trying to get out of speeding tickets and legal disputes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

skooma512 posted:

I thought it was mostly people trying to get out of speeding tickets and legal disputes

That's just the surface and what they use to draw in new followers.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

Spoiler alert sovcit poo poo is all an extension of hating black people :ssh:

yeah but so are real laws

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I thought the KKK split into two groups, you had the conservatives hating black/blown people and then the sovcits hating jews and catholics.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Man if the KKK has split up and now only hates one or the other, someone should probably tell the KKK about that I think they'd want to know.

Hell I can probably do it in person, there's a wizarding cabal or whatever the gently caress they call it like an hour north of here

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

skooma512 posted:

IIRC it's also about not paying your child support

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

But communism is supposed to bring about the biggest ghost of all

did this mf really read “A spectre is haunting Europe” literally because that’s sick as hell

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

did this mf really read “A spectre is haunting Europe” literally because that’s sick as hell

More that they read Weltgeist/Zeitgeist literally, which is equally insane and :spergin:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

wait till that guy learns of capitalism's own ghost, the holy invisible hand

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Plank Walker posted:

yeah but so are real laws

:hmmyes:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grace Baiting posted:

wait till that guy learns of capitalism's own ghost, the holy invisible hand

mage hand is just a cantrip

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shame Boy posted:

Man if the KKK has split up and now only hates one or the other, someone should probably tell the KKK about that I think they'd want to know.

Hell I can probably do it in person, there's a wizarding cabal or whatever the gently caress they call it like an hour north of here

Is this sarcasm?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Lemonade_Inc/status/1396868189846491143
https://twitter.com/Lemonade_Inc/status/1396868192019099655

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Guess it sucks to have English as a second language and be one of their customers, always getting flagged for fraud because you forgot what the word is in English for toaster.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

Is this sarcasm?

Nah I was being snarky but that's all. As far as I know the KKK still exists and still hates the same people it always did, and there is in fact a group of them about an hour north of where I live.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zil posted:

Guess it sucks to have English as a second language and be one of their customers, always getting flagged for fraud because you forgot what the word is in English for toaster.

Or just anyone nonwhite because it was trained by and on a bunch of pasty software boys in the valley

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Nah I was being snarky but that's all. As far as I know the KKK still exists and still hates the same people it always did, and there is in fact a group of them about an hour north of where I live.

I thought the KKK started up as an anti Catholic group and just leaned into other brands of racism initially. Of course, they did some innovative in the anti black racism later on. You should definitely drive up there and test some amendments if you're a white guy.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

BonHair posted:

I thought the KKK started up as an anti Catholic group and just leaned into other brands of racism initially. Of course, they did some innovative in the anti black racism later on. You should definitely drive up there and test some amendments if you're a white guy.

nope. They are dressed as the ghosts of "Confederate heroes" and started as a death squad to put down black people who tried to assert their new civil rights after the civil war. Attacking the Federal occupation armies there to enforce Reconstruction and white politicians and civil servants there to enact Reconstruction was a side hustle.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BonHair posted:

There were a few waves of the klan, and the second wave that started around WWI-ish was the really anti-catholic one

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/glennkelman/status/1397189637207121929

The whole thread is worth a read for some :stonklol:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

This is in the state of "stand your ground is assumed and the burden of proof is on the prosecutor to prove otherwise" Florida so that'd probably be a real bad idea.

Plus I'd hate to bother the cops during their off-duty time

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Am I supposed to be surprised she lost, I mean I would rather sell to the person who paid me more money than the person offering to let me name a kid I'll never meet.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/glennkelman/status/1397189647906787332

Oh man yes please come buy all our real estate, out of town idiots. Do not under any circumstances look up what will happen to Florida due to climate change before your mortgage is even over, buy buy buy!

I'm not even kidding, my dad's retiring this year and they need to sell the house and move, come buy that property for way too much money without even seeing it in person! There's a rope swing!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/glennkelman/status/1397189647906787332

Oh man yes please come buy all our real estate, out of town idiots. Do not under any circumstances look up what will happen to Florida due to climate change before your mortgage is even over, buy buy buy!

I'm not even kidding, my dad's retiring this year and they need to sell the house and move, come buy that property for way too much money without even seeing it in person! There's a rope swing!!

Ben Shapiro was right, after all, huh.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

somehow it starts off at an eye rolling spot and hits peak Holy poo poo Mountain not to many steps

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

no ring

jesus my brain is broken

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

FFT posted:

no ring

jesus my brain is broken

i'm not sure if it's better that i see the goatman in things as opposed to all the people who see loss.jpg in everything

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dreylad posted:

i'm not sure if it's better that i see the goatman in things as opposed to all the people who see loss.jpg in everything

in either case aint nobody havin a baby

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Abongination posted:

Capitalism

This is why you want brick walls.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Relevant Tangent posted:

This is why you want brick walls.

My walls are poured concrete, you can't hear poo poo from next door but also trying to hang a picture becomes a grim, dusty, drillbit-melting ordeal

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Failed Imagineer posted:

My walls are poured concrete, you can't hear poo poo from next door but also trying to hang a picture becomes a grim, dusty, drillbit-melting ordeal

You need a hammer drill and a vacuum cleaner (have someone hold the hose right under where you are drilling)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fame Douglas posted:

You need a hammer drill and a vacuum cleaner (have someone hold the hose right under where you are drilling)

Oh I have a hammer drill and diamond bits, and the dust you just need to tape an empty oatmeal bag underneath to catch it - I have the knack but it's still a gently caress

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hell yeah can't wait to get interrogated by an insurance investigator over a $3,000 claim because a robot decided I have bad vibes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cool, yet another thing that will be run by algorithm with no recourse for consumers.

They'll fire all the claims adjusters and just tell the algorithm "call 20% more people liars" and you won't be able to get anyone on the phone about it and even if you do they'll just be like "Well the algorithm says you're a loving liar because you didn't smile enough in the video you took in your wrecked car" and they'll bribe enough judges to make this legal

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
ah yes, noted "built on a digital substrate" object... lemonade

what an awful loving name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

everyone loves adjuster-bot, the robot who approves your insurance claims