Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

no public toilets

nature is your toilet
the roadside bushes beckon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yellow Yoshi posted:

nature is your toilet
the roadside bushes beckon

spent my youth in an unincorporated village of about 90 people in the middle of Wisconsin. can confirm.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

But why were people blaming the van driver???

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Blindeye posted:

loving van drivers, drive like pricks don’t they

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blindeye posted:

Van shouldn't tried to sneak by, it's obvious there wasn't enough clearance under the truck :rolleyes:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Cthulu Carl posted:

Van shouldn't tried to sneak by, it's obvious there wasn't enough clearance under the truck :rolleyes:

used to be a man in a van could just sneak under trucks, simple as

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If it weren't for the van, the lorry could've driven safely through the middle of the road

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

I’ve seen a nicely placed ‘end in the ground’ barrier in a rural area in Texas that was on a left bend at the end of a long straight stretch of road. On a 70mph highway where most people clock 80+.

Could probably hit that thing and Dukes of Hazzard yourself all the way into Louisiana.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

Some armymans posted a tiktok of themselves loving around on the range with akimbo machine guns and the commanding general of Training Command commented on it.

Many taints shall be reaped.

https://twitter.com/TradocDCG/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Would’ve been wild if he raked his squad when the initial recoil caught him off balance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"Look, you can count the ammo or pick up more brass. Up to you."

- Range Officer

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

it's like you have to push a button every 30 seconds or something like that, i don't think it needs 100% constant engagement

It's this or a pedal usually. My dad is a train driver and complains about the button a lot. It gives him wrist pain.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 25, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just stick your rear end out the window while holding onto the handle.

That happened a few years ago around here with a female train engineer who leaned too far out while popping a squat and she got hit by one of the crossing signals.

Disaster.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

AFewBricksShy posted:

That happened a few years ago around here with a female train engineer who leaned too far out while popping a squat and she got hit by one of the crossing signals.

Disaster.

Why I oughta

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

"Look, you can count the ammo or pick up more brass. Up to you."

- Range Officer

Unless you opened every single box of ammo that part is easy and whoever is in charge of the ammo at the range should have a running count of how much ammo is left and how much has been given. There's no avoiding counting it, how many rounds by type is reported every time a range is closed.

My view is if you do something questionable that could get you in trouble and you film it and post it online then you have no one to blame but yourself. Rookie mistake.

100% that TRADOC commander made some phone calls that eventually worked their way down to some battalion operations officer getting chewed out about something they're unaware of. The battalion commander will surely be pissed off about having negative attention from that high up so there's no telling what kind of restrictions will be put in place to prevent this "from happening again".

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
https://twitter.com/elmirallnet/status/1396129321597743108

Dino constipation takes it's toll on an unsuspecting Spanish gentleman. He lost his phone and failed to find the Jim Carey "Ace Ventura" exit path. A terminal mistake unfortunately.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Harry_Potato posted:

https://twitter.com/elmirallnet/status/1396129321597743108

Dino constipation takes it's toll on an unsuspecting Spanish gentleman. He lost his phone and failed to find the Jim Carey "Ace Ventura" exit path. A terminal mistake unfortunately.

Outside of a dinosaur, a cell phone is a man's best friend
Inside of a dinosaur, there's no reception

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

Inside of a dinosaur, there's no reception

There is reception, but it's only #2G at best.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUN560b4cY

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh my gosh. Gavin!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

AFewBricksShy posted:

Disaster.

So did she live? Or did she get the poo poo knocked out of her?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/4STO6A0.gifv

Keep your eye on the white pickup truck.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So we're decommissioning a box plant and the riggers showed up last night and dropped a 34,000 lb forklift with a DOM placard of 1971 on the dock. It won't start due to a faulty switch and they won't be back for 2 weeks. It was blocking half the shipping dock and they said it was OK to just "push it out of the way".

Sure

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
A fork lift from the 70s with a faulty (igniton?) switch?
Tell me that can't be hard to hotwire.

E: also, holy fuckin poo poo, does that thing really weight 34000 pounds?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qtlyz6lq1p1uk10e9.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Daaang. I think if he was under the wire that might have worked

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Honestly all of the placards except for the DOM are eroded off so I had to google the weight of a modern Hyster with the same capacity. Wouldn't be surprised if it's heavier.

We just shipped out a pair of rollgrabs at 20,200 apiece.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

What is that, shale? You'd have been fine you pansy bitch.

I champion PPE

Edit:
There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/mE22MNn.mp4

This looks safe.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Holy gently caress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Forklifts have to lift very heavy weights at the front without tipping over or rolling, so they have HUGE counterweights at the back.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So we're decommissioning a box plant and the riggers showed up last night and dropped a 34,000 lb forklift with a DOM placard of 1971 on the dock. It won't start due to a faulty switch and they won't be back for 2 weeks. It was blocking half the shipping dock and they said it was OK to just "push it out of the way".

Sure

You just need another forklift that can lift 34k.

Edit, seconding the hot wire suggestion, or a screwdriver "key".

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 26, 2021

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

and now you understand why a forklift will destroy anything it collides with

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Lone Badger posted:

Forklifts have to lift very heavy weights at the front without tipping over or rolling, so they have HUGE counterweights at the back.

Lotta junk in the trunk.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I think the fuckler math says that you need an unstoppable truck to counter an immovable forklift.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sounds like a job for demolition charges. :getin:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That was a cool video, thanks.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

If you are driving a forklift the world is your crumple zone :killdozer:, I have personally witnessed one knock a 40cm deep buried bollard clean out of the ground and I have also inspected a 15mm thick steel H beam that had a nice rectangular hole punched clean through it by a forklift tine.

Another thing with forklifts is that the tines can have pretty sharp corners on them, one of the forklift drivers at my old work got about 6cm long slice into his scalp bumping into one while trying to fix up a partly collapsed pallet load :gonk: so so much blood.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

coldpudding posted:

I have personally witnessed one knock a 40cm deep buried bollard clean out of the ground and I have also inspected a 15mm thick steel H beam that had a nice rectangular hole punched clean through it by a forklift tine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

What an incredible coincidence! I was just talking with my co-worker about how much our little powered fork-truck weighs. I estimated it at about 4500 lbs, and was off by less than a hundred. He was shocked that something that little would weigh that much. The lift capacity is like 2200lbs.