Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's dumb. What are apes going to do with 5G?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's all dumb

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1396672197213753345

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Almost every employee at Walmart had no mask on and were getting incredibly close to people.

Walmart pays its employees a $75 bonus if they’re vax’d, so hopefully a good proportion of the people working there will be. Avoid anyone with ‘I have opinions on who actually won the election’ look to them.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Melbourne cluster is now at nine.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

So.... Going exactly the way anyone with half a brain expected

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Today I found out that the weird issue I've been having with the smell of some foods is actually Post-COVID Parosmia. I really do not care for this virus.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
There have been a few incidents with Mink farms.
Heres one where 1.7 million were 'culled' because of covid.

Probably best not to read if you really like animals.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/animal-news/here-s-why-denmark-culled-17-million-minks-now-plans-n1249610

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Clitch posted:

Today I found out that the weird issue I've been having with the smell of some foods is actually Post-COVID Parosmia. I really do not care for this virus.

have you been having a lot of nosebleeds by any chance? my sense of smell and taste drastically changed a few months ago and at the same time I started suffering regular nosebleeds

I would go to the doctor but I don't want to risk getting infected before my second shot

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Fur20 posted:

after shot #2 i've had pain from old wounds flare up for some reason. i can't lie on my left side cuz the rib i cracked coughing during shot #0 feels like it never healed!

Sounds like as generally inflammatory response, which I think is not too unexpected from any vaccination. Perhaps even more so from a vaccine for a disease that gives extremely potent inflammatory responses in some patients.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that sounds about right, i've been having various things go swollen and then go back to normal after a few days

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am 13 days post shot 2 Moderna, no soreness anymore. I do workouts every other day including stretching and push ups so my arm is good. get that acid buildup baby

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m 18 days post-Pfizer and my 2nd penis has not grown in yet. Did I get a dud? I think I can feel the 5G though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Conservatives have two jokes.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

blatman posted:

have you been having a lot of nosebleeds by any chance? my sense of smell and taste drastically changed a few months ago and at the same time I started suffering regular nosebleeds

I would go to the doctor but I don't want to risk getting infected before my second shot

I can count the nosebleeds I've had in my life on one hand. My sinuses are fairly sturdy, so I doubt that's the case.

My experience lines up too well with Post-COVID Parosmia symptoms to be a coincidence. It came on about 6 weeks after my initial taste and smell recovery. The worst offenders I've had are sadly meat and wine, and it's a non-specific but intuitively "bad" smell somewhere between vomit, rotting meat, and poo poo.

I've had to cut all uncured meats out of my diet for now. I found out about the wine thing when my friend opened up a bottle of Chateau Montelena Zin too. :cry:

Ultimately, I'm thankful I survived with relatively minor damage, but gently caress this virus. It keeps finding weird new ways to gently caress with me. Brain damage that makes me hate steak. gently caress off.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
The least it could do would be to also make you enjoy some food you used to hate.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oh look is The One Joke(tm).

:cringe: Humans suck rear end.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Found out the COVID I got from Chudland Utah was one of the variants, probably Brazil given the Utah numbers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1397249173666271237?s=21

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Social media is a curse

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1397255039907926022?s=21

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jail the people offering money, at minimum

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I know plenty of tv shows and movies have been made during the pandemic but has the pandemic been a part of the story in any of those shows/movies? Like it seems as though they have all been set either in the before times or in an alternative universe where the pandemic never happened.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Charliegrs posted:

I know plenty of tv shows and movies have been made during the pandemic but has the pandemic been a part of the story in any of those shows/movies? Like it seems as though they have all been set either in the before times or in an alternative universe where the pandemic never happened.

The final season of Shameless was set during the pandemic, and one of the major characters ended up dying "of/with" it. I'm probably 1 of 3 people in the world that watched it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Allegedly the Marvel show The Falcon and The Winter Soldier had a virus subplot that was filmed but scrapped due to Covid

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Sounds like as generally inflammatory response, which I think is not too unexpected from any vaccination. Perhaps even more so from a vaccine for a disease that gives extremely potent inflammatory responses in some patients.

Or scurvy. Opens old wounds.

Ya been eatin yer limes, fur20?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I saw plenty of ads for The Good Doctor and it looked like he was getting emotionally battered right good

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Charliegrs posted:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kragger99 posted:

The final season of Shameless was set during the pandemic, and one of the major characters ended up dying "of/with" it. I'm probably 1 of 3 people in the world that watched it.

I stopped watching 4 (5? 6?) seasons ago, no idea it was even still going. Wasn't even getting bad, just stale.

Anyways, I'm a little shocked we're at 50 percent adults fully vacced. The past year and change has made me bleak and cynical. Things aren't going to just "turn around" now but COVID is at least less stressful. For now. And only for the US and other wealthy nations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
My wife was watching the new Roseanneless Roseanne spinoff and Covid is part of the setting.

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

I know this is illegal in the US under FTC guidelines to not disclose paid sponsorships for videos.

Appears to be about this company according to the replies and they were targeting German and French influencers:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/may/25/influencers-say-russia-linked-pr-agency-asked-them-to-disparage-pfizer-vaccine

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker that's not what mayo says? Though numbers are continuing to track up so that's great.

GA is at 30.7% fully vaccinated. I am one of those people :unsmith:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker that's not what mayo says? Though numbers are continuing to track up so that's great.

this is a cool site thanks for sharing it

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Mayo clinic is saying % of entire population, the tweet is saying % of adults.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Those vaccination maps are always fun because they tend to mirror political affiliation maps almost one-for-one.

I can't imagine why. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

Those vaccination maps are always fun because they tend to mirror political affiliation maps almost one-for-one.

You know, Richmond County GA is an outlier. It was blue for Biden and it's only 25%. https://covidactnow.org/us/georgia-ga/county/richmond_county/?s=1861780

That's where the Walmart was yesterday, by the by.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gohuskies posted:

Mayo clinic is saying % of entire population, the tweet is saying % of adults.

Yeah they only recently opened things up to under 18s so that’s gonna take a real long time.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

WhiteHowler posted:

In Washington state, 2020 support for Trump predicts vaccination stats even better than hesitancy over other past vaccines does: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/we...nt?oid=21698379

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

gohuskies posted:

In Washington state, 2020 support for Trump predicts vaccination stats even better than hesitancy over other past vaccines does: https://www.inlander.com/spokane/we...nt?oid=21698379

this is a good reminder that in the past, anti-vaxxers were liberal hippie types. Stupid people will deny science and believe whatever they want regardless of political affiliation. My personal gripe with this is the ostensibly liberal blanket dislike of GMOs, which is just anti-science (I know there are legitimate nuanced reasons for this, I'm talking about the people who go "well they change the genes! you don't know what that's gonna do to you!" and that's the extent of their understanding). both sides etc

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah they only recently opened things up to under 18s so that’s gonna take a real long time.

KFF survey has some interesting data on vaccination hesitancy:

Feel awful for those kids with antivax parents.

:smith:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Charliegrs posted:

Staged is about a play that was cancelled due to the pandemic so they try to rehearse over video chat. It's very good, stars David Tennant and Michael Sheen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Charliegrs posted:

quoting my previous COVID in media post:

Buff Hardback posted:

there's a few different ways media have been handling COVID, and some are good, some are not so good.

1. Just pretend it doesn't exist in the universe, and go about your day. This has been working pretty well for some shows, and has led to some interesting cinematography choices (The Rookie did an episode a few weeks back that was shot solely from cameras that while a bit forced, only would exist in universe, so the body camera shots they've already used, police car cameras, a surveillance camera, stuff like that). It does result in awkward framing of shots sometime where you're obviously trying to keep your primary talent 6+ feet away from a 2 line actor.
2. It exists, but plot armor protects the main characters. This would be your FBI: Most Wanted. Background actors? wearing masks, literally everyone else, no masks, no reference to covid or them wearing masks ever.
3. COVID exists but is kinda treated as masks not important all the time (which from a "we hired you to be pretty and act" is kinda understandable), Grey's Anatomy and others live in this world.

I'm fine with 1 and 3, 2 is just ridiculous.