Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

christmas boots posted:

This would just have been weird imo. Her rapist is reborn as her child?

He already kinda has been, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
he’s using the body but the moon child thing is still a separate character

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://youtu.be/1eYP1KWBmvo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd purchase a book that's just the notes and drawings of his plans for the continuation. Kinda like Hergé got for his unfinished Tintin book.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

christmas boots posted:

A reincarnation is a new person who we're just told has the same "soul" as the old person.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yoasobi's racing into the night is a banger

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

christmas boots posted:

Kind of, it seems the moon child influenced Griffiths behavior when he protected casca. something femto would've never done.

mc and griffith are seperate characters narratively but it's intentionally vauge where one ends and the other begins imho

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Also one of the latest chapters revealed the godhand in the past had completely different members aside from void. which implies that someone, almost certainly skull knight, found away to off all of them besides void. perhaps guts could've finished the job especially since they incarnated on the physical plain. might not get rid of the idea of evil but could prevent it from issuing behelits

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

Dreddout posted:

Also one of the latest chapters revealed the godhand in the past had completely different members aside from void. which implies that someone, almost certainly skull knight, found away to off all of them besides void. perhaps guts could've finished the job especially since they incarnated on the physical plain. might not get rid of the idea of evil but could prevent it from issuing behelits

huh, interesting

i do hope we get his cliffs notes at least. he inspired so many artists, finishing the work with a different artist each chapter would be a fitting tribute though

it could also imply this is a cycle of sorts

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Another option, of course, is that Fairy Island is the end of Guts and Casca's adventure, and it's Isidro, Schierke, and the rest of the gang who end up taking down Griffith - not to satisfy some personal sense of revenge, but because he's bad for the world and needs removing.

The dude getting cooked from the inside out by some kid who's barely even met him while his two most personal victims ignore him to find their own happiness would be oddly poetic in its own right.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lmfao just heard the news

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
In my minds eye, guts is still trapped on that ship for all eternity

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

This would just have been weird imo. Her rapist is reborn as her child?

He's already using Casca's baby as a vessel to manifest in the real world

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Walrus posted:

Another option, of course, is that Fairy Island is the end of Guts and Casca's adventure, and it's Isidro, Schierke, and the rest of the gang who end up taking down Griffith - not to satisfy some personal sense of revenge, but because he's bad for the world and needs removing.

The dude getting cooked from the inside out by some kid who's barely even met him while his two most personal victims ignore him to find their own happiness would be oddly poetic in its own right.

This is the story that lives rent free in my head yeah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/MelloMakes/status/1395240609825411076?s=20

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

pillsburysoldier posted:

The original Higurashi is anti-union

the hinamizawa residents did nothing wrong during the dam war

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/HeresyL0ud/status/1395445173648232450

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

some john blanche poo poo here

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Eclipse is really one of those perfect moments of supernatural horror that taps into all of your primal childhood fears. Suddenly the rules of the world don't make sense anymore, everything is unfair and there's nothing that you can do about it.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Eclipse is really one of those perfect moments of supernatural horror that taps into all of your primal childhood fears. Suddenly the rules of the world don't make sense anymore, everything is unfair and there's nothing that you can do about it.

the context of the entire golden age makes the eclipse possibly the single greatest moment of just unbelievable, incredibly intense evil in fiction

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1395861724423544833?s=19

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tell me with a straight face the AoT guy wouldn't vote one piece in this poll.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lets see one has a character say the line "thank you for becoming a mass murderer" and the other does not gee golly is this hard or what

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess we hit the seasons mid point or something, as all the shows from this week that I watched are starting to ratchet up the excitement and build towards some kind of climax.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

AoT is like the portrait of Dorian gray for Muv Luv

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Has anyone posted Eighty-Six yet? Pretty leftist themes as far as discrimination / "ubermensch" & "untermensch" ideas go, plus it's kickass so far.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/bog_chaser/status/1395934360663203842?s=19

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Stairmaster posted:

AoT is like the portrait of Dorian gray for Muv Luv

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I knew Dark Souls had a lot of features inspired by Berserk but it's something else to see them all in sequence like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=258Enxqd3Tc

Every time I played Dark Souls 3 I ended up using the Greatsword.

From the Greatsword fextralife page:

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 08:57 on May 23, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HerraS posted:

lets see one has a character say the line "thank you for becoming a mass murderer" and the other does not gee golly is this hard or what

Thank you for being Hitler, Usopp.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g

"Thank you, Griffith, for turning yourself into a mass murderer for our sake. I swear I won't let this go to waste."

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Macron the only guy watching One Piece and rooting for the World Government.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Snuff Melange posted:

Has anyone posted Eighty-Six yet? Pretty leftist themes as far as discrimination / "ubermensch" & "untermensch" ideas go, plus it's kickass so far.

Seconding this. For anyone else who hasn't watched it yet, the setting for the show is some republic gets invaded by a rogue AI swarm and its solution to this existential crisis is to strip citizenship from all of its minorities and conscript them to go fight killbots like some sort of fascist Zapp Brannigan. It gets grimmer from there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vernii posted:

Seconding this. For anyone else who hasn't watched it yet, the setting for the show is some republic gets invaded by a rogue AI swarm and its solution to this existential crisis is to strip citizenship from all of its minorities and conscript them to go fight killbots like some sort of fascist Zapp Brannigan. It gets grimmer from there.

On a related note, watching it in parallel with the breaking news from India sure is something. Also, the anime adaptation is being co-directed by two of Mamoru Hosoda's apprentices, and they're doing an incredible job.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Im only two eps in 86 but I get the feeling there's no background for the apartheid from the platinum haired people before it happened, or maybe it's a perpetual war twist thing going on

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a “We have always been at war with the kill bots” thing going on.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

Im only two eps in 86 but I get the feeling there's no background for the apartheid from the platinum haired people before it happened, or maybe it's a perpetual war twist thing going on

Pretty sure that it's just the usual old story of an institutionally corrupt, racist oligarchy pretending to be a liberal democracy until an existential threat rolls along and they go 'nope, gently caress this, going to feed all the untermensch to the killer robots until they run out their factory warranty'. They drop a few hints right from episode one that the Alba were always a fair bit more equal than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Anyone else liking #DRCL?