Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Batman definitely has strong opinions about the specific subgenres of metal that different bands fit into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm really enjoying all of the Superman books right now. I mean, I still don't like Jon being aged up but the writer is making the most of it. Superman Red and Blue is also one of the best feel good books I'm reading right now. Nightwing is unsurprisingly the best book DC is putting out right now I think. Taylor and Redondo as a duo just can't be beat.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Batman listens to nothing but Genesis, not even Phil Collins makes his Playlist. It's all Genesis.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ram V's run on Catwoman has been fun thus far. With it, Nightwing and Robin I'm reading three whole DC books which is the most I've been subbed to at once in ages.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

X-O posted:

I'm really enjoying all of the Superman books right now. I mean, I still don't like Jon being aged up but the writer is making the most of it. Superman Red and Blue is also one of the best feel good books I'm reading right now. Nightwing is unsurprisingly the best book DC is putting out right now I think. Taylor and Redondo as a duo just can't be beat.

Superman: Red and Blue is amazing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the art well enough but idk, this and Black and White just feel like every other story is the exact same thing.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

X-O posted:

I haven't read today's but there's something about the art or coloring in Flash that doesn't really sit right with me for some reason. The story is fine but I hate that the impetus for it is that in the first issue of the comic after taking over Barry wants to quit and give up his powers. That plot point is just way over done in comics in general and in this case it's a terrible pick for the first story as we know it's bullshit and it makes no sense considering the last time we saw him in Infinite Frontier he already accepted it from Barry.

The first issue was kind of rough. It seems like it was written in a bubble outside of all the other stuff going on and the "i'm retiring" thing is just a premise to kick off the quantum leap stuff.

Also I believe a lot of the value is in how invested you are in Wally West. If you like Wally West these are very good comics. If you do not like Wally West they're probably mediocre, if amusing, comics.

The second and third issues were much better than the first though I'll agree the second one's art is wonky. I really liked Gold Beetle though so I didn't mind. The third issue looked amazing, imo. Always a fan of seeing Jay Garrick punch Hitler. And you should be, too!

The setup for the fourth issue also was really good. Feels kind of like a Great Brain Robbery homage from the Timmverse JLU cartoon.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 23, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjRny5M81w

cept with reverse flash

good comic. love some hitler getting beating up

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A winner is me!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does the disco ball grenade cause you to spontaneously turn into john travolta when you get hit

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Disney Looking to Acquire DC Comics & Join Marvel

http://onsmash.com/lifestyle/disney-buying-dc-comics-2021/

Disney buying DC Comics 2021. Last week, reports surfaced that Warner Bros., DC Comics and DC Brand are officially being sold. CNBC first reported that the merger of WarnerMedia and Discovery, is the trojan horse to have the deal completed.

The new company, WarnerDiscovery, has given flexibility for a sell of both entities to Walt Disney Company. The move could have both DC Comics and the DC brand under Disney and Marvel.

Apple, Amazon and Netflix are also inquiring about the sale, but the Disney move looks to be legit. Here’s the explanation of how the move is going to get done, with no interruptions. Now, AT&T, parent company of WarnerMedia, is looking to get completely out of entertainment.

With AT&T is expected to retain majority shares in the WarnerDiscovery merger, the former NBC Universal executive is expected to play a major name. Current CEO of Discovery, David Zaslav, would include NBC, Peacock Streaming and other factions within the company sold in the WarnerDiscovery deal.

Now, this comes off the heels of the controversial report last year; that Marvel was looking to take over DC, in this now confirmed major sale. Kevin Feige, who runs the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, could assist in the development of the DC Universe.

Imagine seeing Batman, Superman and the Justice League teaming up with the Avengers. Why are we posting this days later? Simply, because a close friend at AT&T confirmed this deal is actually in the works.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've never heard of that site and it has auto play videos

not really inclined to believe that!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just another WEGOTTHISCOVERED bullshit site.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I definitely believe this site I've never heard of that is also the only one reporting on this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uncle at nintendo strikes again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm sure at some point in the recent past someone at Disney talked with someone at either Warner or AT&T about the possibility of buying DC, but I don't see that actually happening I won't believe it's happening unless an actual news site reports it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering - is there anywhere I can get a physical copy of the Jon Ostrander Martian Manhunter 'vol 2' series? I've looked it up and found that there's it's (mostly) been split up between 'Son of Mars' and 'Rings of Saturn', but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Are they included in any other omnibuses, perhaps? (What can I say? Reading DC's New Frontier has really made me like that cheesy alien cop! :D )

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I grabbed a couple comics out of our office to read but I grabbed this one. Do I need like blue red 3d glasses for it or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I grabbed a couple comics out of our office to read but I grabbed this one. Do I need like blue red 3d glasses for it or something?

Nah, it just has a stupid peel off cover that will never go back on properly if you take it off.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Wait it peels off? I think I'll just leave it alone, it's been on for I don't know how many years then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since 1993!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Since 1993!

Ugh 96 was the best year because it was 69 backwards.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Heard there's a new Mr.Miracle, how is it?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I don't know if I posted this here before - It's signed by obviously Lynda Carter.

Edit:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivtn1qRo20

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 25, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Every time. Every female frenemy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Because of the dumb rear end thing where they gave Harley the permawhite skin I was really confused why she was flirting with a child there for a second.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Wait that's Harley?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Wait that's Harley?

No I just thought it was cause it looks just like her as "blond, chalk white skin, punk clothes" reads as Harley.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Why does Clownhunter talk in all lower case? Is it a translation?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vince MechMahon posted:

No I just thought it was cause it looks just like her as "blond, chalk white skin, punk clothes" reads as Harley.

how does that look blonde it's full on anime hair

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Nah, here's Harley

Dragonshirt posted:

Why does Clownhunter talk in all lower case? Is it a translation?

It's to emphasize him being quiet and shy or something. Idk.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

clownhunter, the mumblecore vigilante

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

how does that look blonde it's full on anime hair

Why would the style affect the color? It's white. I could tell it wasn't her when I saw the third panel.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Renee Montoya chapter is off to a blistering start.

From the first 10 pages, it's fiarly scorching already and it's running an intersectional perspective in three ways rather than two since Montoya isn't just Latinx, and queer, but also a former police officer so it devotes some time to what that is like for someone like her

"one of the good ones"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They were wrong on that one, cause there are no good cops. Sorry Renee, shoulda got a different job.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

They were wrong on that one, cause there are no good cops. Sorry Renee, shoulda got a different job.

Lt Columbo
:colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sorry, ACAB includes Columbo. Also Angela Landsbury in Murder She Wrote and Dick Van Dyke's character on Diagnosis Murder even though neither had a badge, technically.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Sorry, ACAB includes Columbo. Also Angela Landsbury in Murder She Wrote and Dick Van Dyke's character on Diagnosis Murder even though neither had a badge, technically.

Kojak?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

All Columbos, it's right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Poirot quit the force to be a freelance rich person scheme ruiner