Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Vahlen's on the phone again complaining about how the new scientists can't count to ten, meanwhile the interceptors don't fly in the rain, and C.O. Bradford keeps trying to pray the aliens away with the power of White Jesus. Shen is clearly working for the Chinese but we have to keep him on staff because he's the only person here who's loving competent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Often Abbreviated posted:

I suspect if senators could get people cool jobs in aliens research then all the cool jobs in aliens research would be occupied by senator's dumbshit grandkids

(this may explain why we're still struggling with Alien Alloys and Laser Weapons)

how do i become a senator's dumbshit grandkid

i'm already halfway there and trust me, i'm not related to any senators

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Often Abbreviated posted:

I suspect if senators could get people cool jobs in aliens research then all the cool jobs in aliens research would be occupied by senator's dumbshit grandkids

(this may explain why we're still struggling with Alien Alloys and Laser Weapons)

i believe this to be the fundamental rot at the center of america's core. the folks who ran the joint in the 50s /earned/ it through hard work and sacrifice (especially other people's sacrifice). they installed their kids to run the show because that's folks' natural inclination and their kids were a bunch of dipshits. most people are, but they aren't running cutthroat meritocracy like the real world to select for the best of the best. hw vs w for instance.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
It's really :tinfoil: but I think that's what Obama was kind of hinting at on James Corden, he wasn't given access to the info. "They did some research... and the answer was 'no'" I assume that means he asked someone in his cabinet to find out, they "researched" by asking around and unsurprisingly no one was willing to tell.

But he's also a spin doctor so :iiam:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

if its literally the same stuff, art bell was talking about this poo poo in the 90s and if it did what was described, someone would have noticed by now imho.
sure, of course, this stuff is all fake - vote 1 and move on, close the thread, etc.

actually discussing it, the argument goes spinning your superconductor and injecting a significant amount of energy in high frequency (number ive seen are tens of kw at 100s of mhz) provides exotic behavior. quite frankly the meissner effect looks awfully exotic to me and i have a hard time discounting this without a better understanding of the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOtIsnG71U&t=230s

what is shown in the video is a completely unrelated property of superconducting magnets and without bothering to check I am pretty sure CERN/nuclear fusion labs routinely energize that much electricity through their superconducting coils (though probably not AC, but it doesn't matter, if there were any truth to it we'd know)

any time people trot out superconductors or magnets or microwaves or whatever in relation to antigravity it's universally bunk; superconductors are rad for plenty of reasons but they're not exactly mysterious, they're used for practical purposes right now in laboratories, it's just they're too unwieldy/unrealistic atm to use in stuff that would greatly benefit from superconductors (transmission lines, high power motors, efficient cpus etc)

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 00:03 on May 26, 2021

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
really gotta unteach the word 'quantum' from a lot of people

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

what is shown in the video is a completely unrelated property of superconducting magnets and without bothering to check I am pretty sure CERN/nuclear fusion labs routinely energize that much electricity through their superconducting coils (though probably not AC, but it doesn't matter, if there were any truth to it we'd know)

any time people trot out superconductors or magnets or microwaves or whatever in relation to antigravity it's universally bunk; superconductors are rad for plenty of reasons but they're not exactly mysterious, they're used for practical purposes right now in laboratories, it's just they're too unwieldy/unrealistic atm to use in stuff that would greatly benefit from superconductors (transmission lines, high power motors, efficient cpus etc)

forget the superconductors, even though ive been reading a lot about them and I'm fascinated (literally zero resistance? not negligible-near-zero-but-nonzero resistance? its literally more exotic than i realized previously) i have nothing to add other than links to scientists (Li) that I personally think are full of poo poo or basically videos of parlor tricks using the meissner effect or similar.

How about some Navy research into UAPs?

quote:

A craft using an inertial mass reduction device comprises of an inner resonant cavity wall, an outer resonant cavity, and microwave emitters. The electrically charged outer resonant cavity wall and the electrically insulated inner resonant cavity wall form a resonant cavity. The microwave emitters create high frequency electromagnetic waves throughout the resonant cavity causing the resonant cavity to vibrate in an accelerated mode and create a local polarized vacuum outside the outer resonant cavity wall.
this hypothetical system actually seems to be a better fit for the material at hand, now that I review it. my emag is trash but i've looked over some other pais work that was more up my alley and it looked like hogwash, im either not imaginative enough to follow along or it was written for the consumption of non-technical MIC folks to convince them to keep the money tap on, idk. this paper does the same thing where it makes outlandish claims but provides first principle-style justification.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/de/4c/43/62c585ccc936cc/US10144532.pdf

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

haha oh good the EM Drive has entered the chat

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
i’m pretty sure that the gravity drive in the downed roswell craft was considered a COG issue because if the tech was in any way made public or democratized, suddenly there’s really no such thing as secure airspace, not to mention that US global hegemony was inextricable from oil and gas. some people somewhere decided it wasn’t worth the trouble of upending the global paradigm, even in america’s own craft (because they could be compromised like the stealth blackhawk), so they just buried the poo poo in a pit somewhere and no potus will ever be privy to details.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ross DaouThot posted:

i’m pretty sure that the gravity drive in the downed roswell craft was considered a COG issue because if the tech was in any way made public or democratized, suddenly there’s really no such thing as secure airspace, not to mention that US global hegemony was inextricable from oil and gas. some people somewhere decided it wasn’t worth the trouble of upending the global paradigm, even in america’s own craft (because they could be compromised like the stealth blackhawk), so they just buried the poo poo in a pit somewhere and no potus will ever be privy to details.

The downed roswell craft was literally a weather balloon. It was a mylar balloon loaded with experimental top secret infrasound acoustic equipment used to spy on soviet atmospheric nuclear tests

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Justin Tyme posted:

The downed roswell craft was literally a weather balloon. It was a mylar balloon loaded with experimental top secret infrasound acoustic equipment used to spy on soviet atmospheric nuclear tests

In The Phenomenon documentary there's interview footage with the guy pictured in the famous weather balloon tinfoil picture and he's adamant that was a hastily assembled cover-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHP1uzXHCPY

Ratios and Tendency has issued a correction as of 02:05 on May 26, 2021

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

and who was the author of the report identifying it as part of project mogul again? and when was that released?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

In The Phenomenon documentary there's interview footage with the guy pictured in the famous weather balloon tinfoil picture and he's adamant that was a hastily assembled cover-up.

sure it wasnt his son?

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 02:04 on May 26, 2021

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I laughed out loud when that guy showed up because I just wasn't expecting it.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

The Saucer Hovers posted:

and who was the author of the report identifying it as part of project mogul again? and when was that released?
sure it wasnt his son?

do you believe that the US government has access to warp drives and alien weaponry since the 50s.... and just sat on it?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Vomik posted:

do you believe that the US government has access to warp drives and alien weaponry since the 50s.... and just sat on it?

yes im going to marry a carrot

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

yes im going to marry a carrot

oops - replied to the wrong person

Ross DaouThot posted:

same as above. but creating and detonating a nuclear device completely changed the way wars are fought among nuclear nations and the us had no problem with that or killing/injuring 100k civilians. and if they have the technology that doesn't mean they have to share it - they have tons of weaponry/stealth devices that no one has access to

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A US hegemony rooted in oil extraction was by no means firmly in place in 1947. If the US army had gravity drives and zero point energy in the 50s, you would have seen some serious poo poo. They would have teleported Vietnam into the squid universe and enslaved us all through hypno tv broadcasts.

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
the Roswell balloon was full of secret Japanese POWs from operation Paper Clip that were mistaken for god dang real live dead aliens.
https://www.8asians.com/2017/05/30/what-if-the-aliens-who-crashed-in-roswell-were-really-japanese/

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

the Roswell balloon was full of secret Japanese POWs from operation Paper Clip that were mistaken for god dang real live dead aliens.
https://www.8asians.com/2017/05/30/what-if-the-aliens-who-crashed-in-roswell-were-really-japanese/

this is offensive to stalins mutant balloon babies

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
The nick redfern hypothesis relies on a new mexican rancher thinking japanese people was a loving alien, which, lol, you know has to be the truth

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

The nick redfern hypothesis relies on a new mexican rancher thinking japanese people was a loving alien, which, lol, you know has to be the truth

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

"It’s all rather ingenious, really, though perhaps not fully intentional. The Bigelow circle, and those adjacent to them in TTSA, generated UFO hysteria by leaking alleged Pentagon UFO videos and sweet-talking their way into the New York Times through receptive journalists like John Mack acolyte Ralph Blumenthal and abduction researcher Budd Hopkins’ ex-girlfriend, UFO disclosure advocate Leslie Kean, later a member of the Bigelow Institute board of directors. Then, the Times story generated outrage among the soft-minded in Congress, who met with TTSA officials, particularly Mellon, and became receptive to their lobbying for a UFO report. Congress duly authorized TTSA’s wish-list, and this in turn sparked more media coverage in elite publications, which carefully omitted questionable parts of UFO advocates’ pasts. The news reports created still more Congressional outrage, with each step further legitimizing UFOs as a subject for serious minds."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Log082 posted:

You fucker, you got a literal wink wink nudge nudge.

I've been trying to figure who to talk to get a job with the people researching these things, as a like 3/4 idle speculation 1/4 serious thing. I have a scientific background extremely relevant to analyzing captured "alien metamaterials" or whatever the gently caress.

hire me you cowards. yes you mr. nsa agent assigned to CSPAM. tell your MIB friends.

If tv shows are real, you want a super high tech tech company that builds crazy poo poo, that police robot company or the people making invisible fabrics for the army or something, or department of energy I guess

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

this is offensive to stalins mutant balloon babies

And Stalin’s berserker human-hybrid army apes.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

"It’s all rather ingenious, really, though perhaps not fully intentional. The Bigelow circle, and those adjacent to them in TTSA, generated UFO hysteria by leaking alleged Pentagon UFO videos and sweet-talking their way into the New York Times through receptive journalists like John Mack acolyte Ralph Blumenthal and abduction researcher Budd Hopkins’ ex-girlfriend, UFO disclosure advocate Leslie Kean, later a member of the Bigelow Institute board of directors. Then, the Times story generated outrage among the soft-minded in Congress, who met with TTSA officials, particularly Mellon, and became receptive to their lobbying for a UFO report. Congress duly authorized TTSA’s wish-list, and this in turn sparked more media coverage in elite publications, which carefully omitted questionable parts of UFO advocates’ pasts. The news reports created still more Congressional outrage, with each step further legitimizing UFOs as a subject for serious minds."

this guy was not stuffed into enough lockers in school

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There were no recovered bodies in any of the Roswell story variations until the 80s, when Stanton Friedman started publishing MJ-12 documents that he “found.”. This was well after grays had become part of popular culture, but none of the direct witnesses said anything about dead aliens. That was all secondhand once the people originally part of the story started dying. Jesse whoever just kept talking about debris from a crash.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

A US hegemony rooted in oil extraction was by no means firmly in place in 1947. If the US army had gravity drives and zero point energy in the 50s, you would have seen some serious poo poo. They would have teleported Vietnam into the squid universe and enslaved us all through hypno tv broadcasts.

i’ll plead ignorance on when exactly big oil came into the picture, but it still makes sense to me that zero point energy wouldn’t be something US empire would willing proliferate despite all the good it could do for the public

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

There were no recovered bodies in any of the Roswell story variations until the 80s, when Stanton Friedman started publishing MJ-12 documents that he “found.”. This was well after grays had become part of popular culture, but none of the direct witnesses said anything about dead aliens. That was all secondhand once the people originally part of the story started dying. Jesse whoever just kept talking about debris from a crash.

however Remigio Baca and Jose Padilla did see a crashed ufo with bodies in new mexico two years before roswell and thats always been their story

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

pancake rabbit posted:

this guy was not stuffed into enough lockers in school

I like that nerd because he reads like 6 languages including Greek and Latin and dives into ancient texts to catch out ancient alien liars

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
I also like Jack Brewer's idea that Roswell was a "cryptographical gardening" op by the army via releasing 2 different texts on the recovered saucer thru AP and Reuters in order to track which sources the Soviets were monitoring.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
The most interesting theory that I have heard about the videos is that we are now seeing quantum artifacts caused by these new and powerful military radar interacting with the atmosphere. That seems about likely as it being aliens, but the navy sub guys know weird stuff happens with high voltages with batteries in the subs.

My pet theory is that some nation discovered that since gravity is a weak electromagnetic force, to actually manipulate gravity, you have to use very very small, but unified electromagnetic forces on a superconducting body.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

And Stalin’s berserker human-hybrid army apes.

They had such a head start with Zana the Ape Woman's children it barely counts.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ross DaouThot posted:

i’ll plead ignorance on when exactly big oil came into the picture, but it still makes sense to me that zero point energy wouldn’t be something US empire would willing proliferate despite all the good it could do for the public

They’d use it to annihilate the world and rule the ashes, just like what happened in real life. They had nuclear power but used it for weapons of terror instead of the free energy everyone thought they’d get in the 50s.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
OT but how come nobody talks about the Almasti anymore? It's all Giganto this and Nephilim that,

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Max hopium take.

The Illuminati/corporations have had advanced energy/flying tech since the 50's but it was suppressed in order to not disrupt the energy markets and the status quo in general. Now that the planet is completely hosed they've been forced to release the energy tech in order to reverse climate change.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pooky posted:

Max hopium take.

The Illuminati/corporations have had advanced energy/flying tech since the 50's but it was suppressed in order to not disrupt the energy markets and the status quo in general. Now that the planet is completely hosed they've been forced to release the energy tech in order to reverse climate change.

its a fun idea. they don't have to have had it working from the 50s, just an existence proof you could do it and slowly quietly chipping away at it. you give some of the research over to the doe, its slow because its compartmentalized up the wazoo. eventually you give it some info to black projects and get a 'plane' out of it. im not really aware of any big skunkworks projects after the f117 one would guess some rad-but-conventional uav platform but some exotic physics aircraft would be cool too.

you'd need some super powerful, tictac sized power source. I wonder who has been working on that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_Compact_Fusion_Reactor

quote:

The Lockheed Martin Compact Fusion Reactor (CFR) is a proposed nuclear fusion reactor project at Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works.[1] Its high-beta configuration, which implies that the ratio of plasma pressure to magnetic pressure is greater than or equal to 1 (compared to tokamak designs' 0.05), allows a compact fusion reactor (CFR) design and expedited development.

The CFR chief designer and technical team lead, Thomas McGuire[2] studied fusion as a source of space propulsion in response to a NASA desire to improve travel times to Mars.[3][4][5]

quote:

The prototype was planned to be a 100-megawatt deuterium and tritium reactor measuring 7 by 10 feet (2.1 by 3.0 m) that could fit on the back of a large truck and would be about one tenth the size of current reactor prototypes. 100 megawatts is enough to provide power for 80,000 people.[8][14] A series of prototypes was constructed to approach this goal.
huh

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

im not really aware of any big skunkworks projects after the f117 one would guess some rad-but-conventional uav platform but some exotic physics aircraft would be cool too.

It's not really related to aliens, but I always loved the rumors/conspiracy theories about the SR-71 replacement, the Aurora. Supposedly it was faster and higher and has already been retired between spy satellites and drones. It was "recognizable" by the unique donuts-on-a-rope contrail, a result of its pulse jet engine.

True? Who knows. Fun to speculate? Very much so.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Toupee Groupie posted:

The most interesting theory that I have heard about the videos is that we are now seeing quantum artifacts caused by these new and powerful military radar interacting with the atmosphere. That seems about likely as it being aliens, but the navy sub guys know weird stuff happens with high voltages with batteries in the subs.

My pet theory is that some nation discovered that since gravity is a weak electromagnetic force, to actually manipulate gravity, you have to use very very small, but unified electromagnetic forces on a superconducting body.

They go underwater too. The navy sees things that move really fast...not sure what their name for them is right now, hyper something. There's an article somewhere by some journalist who was on a sub next to the guys watching the radar as one zipped past.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Log082 posted:

It's not really related to aliens, but I always loved the rumors/conspiracy theories about the SR-71 replacement, the Aurora. Supposedly it was faster and higher and has already been retired between spy satellites and drones. It was "recognizable" by the unique donuts-on-a-rope contrail, a result of its pulse jet engine.

True? Who knows. Fun to speculate? Very much so.

Was that the one supposedly responsible for the Cash-Landrum incident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

i am harry posted:

They go underwater too. The navy sees things that move really fast...not sure what their name for them is right now, hyper something. There's an article somewhere by some journalist who was on a sub next to the guys watching the radar as one zipped past.

its also important to point out that "very fast" (e.g., ʻOumuamua) means it only took 600,000 years for the aliens to reach us if they came from the closest star. you can tell they subtly mention "how fast" it moves because they know the universe is humongous but even their made up lies produce speeds that mean the aliens would have had to launch something before 100s of millenia before humans ever appeared on earth