Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dwayne will probably be president around that time with the trajectory the US is on so it'll be wrestlers holding every level of office.

Cesaro for UN Secretary General

I don't think the Rock really runs. He seems to well balanced and sane to want to be president, which is something only total lunatics or monsters are actually desirous of, which is why no one who wants the job should be allowed to have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

All this retirement talk has me wondering what Big Dustin’s actual retirement match is going to be since he kept going after the Cody match at DoN.

I don’t think it’ll happen but it would be sick if he won the Battle Royale and we get a last-gasp-of-his-career program with Kenny. Much more interested in that than doing a similar, less emotionally charged story with Christian

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cody has good business sense. He'll run in 2028 for something, and when his numbers come back as abysmal, he'll take the final debate to cut a promo on Sammy and challenge him for the AEW Heavyweight Championship at All Out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if cody ever runs for public office, i will temporarily relocate to his area and get a job working for his opponent. this is a toxx.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just make Politics Cody AEW’s version of Hollywood Rock. Cutting pretape heel promos from backstage at a rally 15 people are attending

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Miro's proto-Scarface character is fantastic and he's been delivering pure gold since the "destiny" promo. Can't wait to see him annihilate Lance Archer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Just make Politics Cody AEW’s version of Hollywood Rock. Cutting pretape heel promos from backstage at a rally 15 people are attending

They did this on BTE already a couple years ago. He did a fake Senate run.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rantmo posted:

I think I speak for everyone in my generation when I say gently caress that mini game let me do it myself.

this is a few pages back but LOL at not doing anything and just waiting for the game to end so you can do the big battle after that

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

They did this on BTE already a couple years ago. He did a fake Senate run.

* State Senate

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Alan Angels is at least ten years too young for the shaved head big beard look

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

i think his hairline forced the decision more than anything

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cams posted:

if cody ever runs for public office, i will temporarily relocate to his area and get a job working for his opponent. this is a toxx.

Goonspeed

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Reality Protester posted:

Gotta fit in with Stu and the Meat Man.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Per Fightful Select, Stadium Stampede will have a "significant live aspect".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
majestic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Per Fightful Select, Stadium Stampede will have a "significant live aspect".

Definitely ending in the ring.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rarity posted:

Plus where does he go after this belt collector storyline? Once you've run a long storyline across multiple companies that ties together years of wrestling history there's no real way you're ever topping that

the kenny/hangman reunion tour is going to be the biggest hottest angle in wrestling in 20 years

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Alaois posted:

i think his hairline forced the decision more than anything

there was one shot in bte: Dark where it looked like he had a big bald pate. tragic, really. dude is like 25.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aye Doc posted:

the kenny/hangman reunion tour is going to be the biggest hottest angle in wrestling in 20 years

Shot for shot remake of the Golden Lovers reunion, please.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cody's political run is going to be magestic.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
have there been attack ads for any of the wrestling politicians that use match footage

I wanna see someone use Cody covered in blood

cams
Mar 28, 2003

campaign ad about how many young up and comers cody buried implying that he hates children and does not support america's future

shots of warhorse, ricky starks, orange cassidy, and jungle boy all being pinned by cody in black and white slow motion

commercials ends with a big mushroom cloud with cody's neck tattoo photoshopped on it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

Cody's political run is going to be magestic.

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone so nooble

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Cody Rhodes will put America through hard times. Paid for by the committee to elect Maxwell Jacob Friedman ."

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Something about Cody understanding the gig economy.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

Something about Cody understanding the gig economy.

Lol

You lazy gently caress, that's easy gold just make the layup

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody Rhodes laughs at cyclists, a trait he learned from his father

poo poo that might win him votes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

as a politician Cody would understand the gig economy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
*aj styles voice* THE GIG ECONOMY!?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

flatluigi posted:

have there been attack ads for any of the wrestling politicians that use match footage

I wanna see someone use Cody covered in blood

I believe Linda McMahon's Senate opponent used WWE footage against her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

Definitely ending in the ring.

Pretaped shenanigans followed by brawling out to the ring was always the obvious solution.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fun BTE if way too long

Not really a weak segment, but i just kinda skipped around the mail bag and a few other places

The honks being scandalized by a paperback of the kama sutra was a great gag with cezar hurriedly putting out candles after lol

I kinda love Matt's smarkbaiting promos, because he figured out the only way to do it is as close to the bone as possible

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Stu Grayson, P.I.

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1397204932839804930?s=20

Also
https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1397300866215030786?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 25, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of Stu and Uno, this is loving bananas:

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1397303853679271936?s=20

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

rantmo posted:

Speaking of Stu and Uno, this is loving bananas:

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1397303853679271936?s=20

what teh gently caress

Ok, so Bucks beat Wild Things at DoN, Uno and Stu start building steam for a July Dynamite match with the Bucks. FTR gets the next major defense. Then bucks drop it to Lucha Bros

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
eggo and sky are pretty much running through the dark order like tissue paper, so i expect them to go over (probably even clean)

i think they're getting pushed for the next Bucks defense, or at least one soon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

smarxist posted:

eggo and sky are pretty much running through the dark order like tissue paper, so i expect them to go over (probably even clean)

i think they're getting pushed for the next Bucks defense, or at least one soon

I figured it's mostly so they're looking good to fight The exTNT Champion Fresh of The Belt AND STIIIIIIIIING.

I kinda had to accept a couple days ago that Dark Order is a mid-card stable and must get rising heels over...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

is whatever CD is working towards the first actual aew retirement match?

I'm a sucker for the 'old gunslinger goes for one last fight' angle, so Daniels challenging Omega, assuming he feels he's up to it and they lay the match out right, is right up my alley.

Then again I also have a pipe dream of PAC taking the pin on Sunday, leading to Orange Cassidy being set for a singles match with Omega, the build to which has a 6 man with the Elite vs OC and Best Friends, but *gasp* those awful Good Brothers beat up Chuckie! How will the babyfaces manage 2 on 3? Only for Where Is My Mind to cut out with OC on the stage and then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTKsKZRJ1Q

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 25, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If anyone’s interested in results of the Thunder Rosa/Kamille “Loser has to stay in NWA” match, it was a 20 min draw and they had to blur the screen for part of the match due to a “wardrobe malfunction”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dacap posted:

If anyone’s interested in results of the Thunder Rosa/Kamille “Loser has to stay in NWA” match, it was a 20 min draw and they had to blur the screen for part of the match due to a “wardrobe malfunction”.

Couldn’t they have just reshot it?