Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
kind of strange that the moon is almost red over garlemald, but white over cartenau - hydelin's influence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

kind of strange that the moon is almost red over garlemald, but white over cartenau - hydelin's influence?

I'm wondering if it's an eclipse sort of thing where the moon is going to appear larger and redder than normal depending on where you are in the world. We're actually expecting something similar to be visible in the NE US over the next couple of days.

[Edit] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 25, 2021

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

erenoyo posted:

There's absolutely no chance DRG doesn't get Shadow of the Dragon

Was that the name of the Omni-Jump?

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

Was that the name of the Omni-Jump?

Yes. They did a similar thing with Yugiri and Bunshin, the NIN 80 capstone. She summoned a bunch of clones to do stuff in one of the Stormblood solo duties, I forget which

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Can I hope in my heart of hearts that AST Card drawing gets reworked to be badass like Uriangers'? also lmao at Graha's BLM combo (Fire IV Fire IV Fire IV Foul)

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
my god it all makes sense now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Prediction: Varis is "the dreamer"

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Algid posted:

We have confirmed character death(s) coming up right? What if the one that "dies" is the WoL? We get dunked in the lifestream or something before pulling ourselves out, and suddenly people can't remember our faces anymore just like 2.0. It seems like a decent setup for making a clean break in the story which we're also told is coming.

it will probably be someone we haven't seen for a good while.

Or Alfinaud. I'll also be okay with that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

5.55: "There's a primal in the middle of Cartinaux that you need to destroy!"
Summoners: "What, AGAIN?"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

5.55 spoiler well they know how to make daddy leveilleur instantly hateable

I thought he was gonna be a turbodick from the very first second. So like two minutes if normalcy was unexpected

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

5.55 Nier related: So, uh, would it be a valid interpretation of the ending cutscene that Konogg is dead and/or committed suicide and that's why he saw Anogg again? People are talking about the [E]nd bit on the final image to indicate the potential for multiple endings so I'm hoping we have an opportunity for a happier one.

That's what I took from it. I wonder what the significance of showing who sided with Anogg vs Konogg was - the choice didn't seem to matter in the story itself but maybe the narrative changed because about 68% of the servers in Europe all chose Anogg.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

stev posted:

That's what I took from it. I wonder what the significance of showing who sided with Anogg vs Konogg was - the choice didn't seem to matter in the story itself but maybe the narrative changed because about 68% of the servers in Europe all chose Anogg.

As near as I can tell 65% or so of ALL servers chose Anogg.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the dreamer has to be Hydaelin right?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Bozja spoilers: Oboro shows up and has section in the field notes. NIN 90 better be about us helping him find a girlfriend

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Man, I'm normally upbeat about lore stuff, but the whole YorHA story was kind of a limp blart, as much as I enjoyed the raids. I even liked the Ivalice story!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I liked it, but I think it would have been better if the Nier references were a bit less prominent. Having Literally 2B in the story like a crossover episode kind of distracts from everything else it's doing.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

:lol: at trolling Alphinaud with the name for the alliance.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rand Brittain posted:

Man, I'm normally upbeat about lore stuff, but the whole YorHA story was kind of a limp blart, as much as I enjoyed the raids. I even liked the Ivalice story!

The stuff with the dwarves was good but all the android stuff was extremely meh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So kind of an important note:

The actual epilogue to the Bozja story is contained in the notes you get once you finish the last dungeon

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

hazardousmouse posted:

I thought he was gonna be a turbodick from the very first second. So like two minutes if normalcy was unexpected

Yeah, my first reaction was "Oh no, he's reasonable" and then he just leapt off the rails and onto my WoL's "wreck life, topple government" list.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Itzena posted:

Yeah, my first reaction was "Oh no, he's reasonable" and then he just leapt off the rails and onto my WoL's "wreck life, topple government" list.

It's amazing, he's really like "Hey kids, nice to see you again after all these years, glad to see you're doing well. Anyway, gently caress you, were not helping, also you're disowned. Goodbye."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Begemot posted:

It's amazing, he's really like "Hey kids, nice to see you again after all these years, glad to see you're doing well. Anyway, gently caress you, were not helping, also you're disowned. Goodbye."

He turned on them when they insisted that saving Eorzea was the right thing to do. Like he's not already aware that they're major players in an organisation responsible for saving Eorzea multiple times. He absolutely knew how that conversation was going to go.

He could've just sent a loving letter. Or sent Krile back with their answer. What a dick.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Begemot posted:

He reminds me of what Chesterton said about the sentimentalist in politics being someone who wants to eat his emotional cake and keep it. He wants to be able to blame his children as if they were adults while also commanding them as though they were children, which is just blatant hypocrisy.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm still trying to figure out what the choices in bozja actually did.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

my guess is that sharlayan is up to something shady and he wanted to break familial ties firmly and in person in part to burn his regrets and in part so they aren't burdened by the sins of the father

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 26, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CYBEReris posted:

my guess is that sharlayan is up to something shady and he wanted to break familial ties firmly and in person in part to burn his regrets and in part so they aren't burdened by the sins of the father

I definitely got the vibe that there was some political reason he disowned them, although I was less kind in my reasoning

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I was disappointed when everyone started going 'Sharlayan's definitely hiding something if they're acting like this', because my reading was that Al-Dad was just a regular old 'we think we know better and will lord it over you despite being idiots ignoring evidence' conservative politician.

I'm realizing I just really want this big grand high fantasy apocalypse story to have a completely mundane, real-world type of problem thrown in to underline it all. I don't want the Sharlayans to be secret Ascians, I just want them to be tories!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I am curious about that vague talk of democracy in Sharlayan... Like would the Forum being able to keep their power if the rank and file nerds knew what they were scheming?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

We'd better get more of this subplot :allears:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In the midst of all those shifting duties, it was pretty amusing to see "In the coming battle, you will fight as [Yourself]" pop up.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Begemot posted:

We'd better get more of this subplot :allears:

I always forget Uriangier is like 28 or something. What a nerd.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.55: Alphinaud's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cleretic posted:

I was disappointed when everyone started going 'Sharlayan's definitely hiding something if they're acting like this', because my reading was that Al-Dad was just a regular old 'we think we know better and will lord it over you despite being idiots ignoring evidence' conservative politician.

I'm realizing I just really want this big grand high fantasy apocalypse story to have a completely mundane, real-world type of problem thrown in to underline it all. I don't want the Sharlayans to be secret Ascians, I just want them to be tories!

why not both

Hogama posted:

In the midst of all those shifting duties, it was pretty amusing to see "In the coming battle, you will fight as [Yourself]" pop up.

That made me burst out laughing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad that we finally got some good ole fashioned Horny Zenos VA work again. It's been since actually 5.0's post script cutscene.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

OddObserver posted:

I am curious about that vague talk of democracy in Sharlayan... Like would the Forum being able to keep their power if the rank and file nerds knew what they were scheming?

I think Y'shtola or maybe one of the twins mentions in an incidental non-quest dialogue they're actually a direct democracy, not a representative democracy

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fandaniel Frédéric D'aniel:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm glad that we finally got some good ole fashioned Horny Zenos VA work again. It's been since actually 5.0's post script cutscene.

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

5.55 MSQ thoughts

The beastmen voices continue to suck

*sigh* and all of the beast tribe conflicts are swept under the rug.

Lots of people patting each other on the back and other fluff over actual interesting stuff like coming up with a plan.

How can this meeting be "representative of all Eorzea" if Idyllshire, the Moogles, and Dravania are not represented?

*sigh* seeking out money and glory is being demonized as a motivation for joining the Scions. Look, just because someone wants to make money doesn't mean that they're also going to sell you out to evil doers. There are degrees here, and people can have a mixture of motivations. Weren't you asked "why did you become an adventurer?" a couple times during ARR, and one of the answers you could give was "money and glory"? I'm pretty sure you could say that to the newbie adventurers in 2.0 and the Doman refugees in the patches.

More blind worship of democracy as the bestest thing ever.

Being kicked out of the family? Oof.

Hm... I wonder what Sharlayan was up to the in the original timeline, after the 8th Calamity had happened.

*sigh* Alphinaud redoing his "I am inadaquate. How can we press on?" arc A THIRD TIME.

What is Arenvald going to do now? Is he going to be wheelchaired around from town to town, doing fundraisers? Or is he going to chill at the Rising Stones and help Tataru out with the bookkeeping?

"Glory be, the Garlemald..." he whispers. I wonder if he only said that because he was tempered, or because he truly believed it. Is kinda sad if he really did believe that... only to be chewed up and thrown aside by his emperor.

"a victory at great cost" um... what cost? No one we cared about died!

For a X.55 MSQ patch, this one was pretty meh. 2.55 had the bloody banquet. 3.55 had Shinryu vs Omega. 4.55 had the tense fight against Elidibus.

I do not believe I have seen this cutscene yet. Does this happen after the credits? Or is this just a noncanon shot that was posed for the credits? (EDIT: yes it happened after)

Onwards to Bozja.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Moofia Boss Val posted:

More blind worship of democracy as the bestest thing ever.

Your gimmick is already loving tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Harrow posted:

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.55: Alphinaud's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dad