Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

FOMOing into something that's already absurdly overvalued seems like a smart gambling decision.

I did this with RKT and lost my entire rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Michael Corleone posted:

OK, I am trying to sell all my worthless calls at market, some I can Limit to 0 I think, but what happens if I get caught with an out of the money option that I can't sell? Will they make me buy 100 shares out of the money?! Thanks and I KNOW!

Why are you gambling actual money on this if you have no clue what you're doing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Michael Corleone posted:

OK, I am trying to sell all my worthless calls at market, some I can Limit to 0 I think, but what happens if I get caught with an out of the money option that I can't sell? Will they make me buy 100 shares out of the money?! Thanks and I KNOW!

my man, just... my man. :ughh:

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
The trolling was never funny and still isn't.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
At this point I'm willing to accept that my brain can't handle the wide up-and-down swings for GME/AMC, even if the mythical squeeze happens. I made more money reselling AMC then I would have by "hodl"-ing anyways. If the squeeze DOES occur, I'll congratulate the dumbasses.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I bought 400 shares of AMC yesterday and this morning and sold covered calls for a bunch that I thought would be OTM but are now very much ITM (2x13, 14, 16). Oh well, even if they do get assigned or the stock goes completely bananas that's still a nice little win.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

He just wants to make people offers they can’t refuse.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Sokani posted:

They expire worthless. You are not obligated to exercise the contract.

That’s dishonorable, imo

Simsandwich
Feb 15, 2007
PIRS made me a months paycheck and counting today, anyone else catch it?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Quick! Everybody switch over to CNBC. Is Jim Cramer just noticeably drunk? Or has he been like this for a while? I don't know....I never watch.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Quick! Everybody switch over to CNBC. Is Jim Cramer just noticeably drunk? Or has he been like this for a while? I don't know....I never watch.

What's CNBC

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I'm going to be obscenely rich thanks to the video game.

The build up lately is probably assuming great earnings. They’re going to announce great earnings and it’s gonna drop like a rock. Totally rational.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Don't worry about it.

Anyone here diddle in the OTC?

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

Fame Douglas posted:

FOMOing into something that's already absurdly overvalued seems like a smart gambling decision.

Not sure if you were responding to me but to be clear I want to buy more puts of GME for this reason. Last time I did it though I lost it all because GME refused to dip :/

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Some biotech I think. Phase 3 results expected soon so it may moon.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just think that betting on GME going either way seems a fool's errand, there's some powerful mental illness magic behind it (just look at superstonk for confirmation)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Fame Douglas posted:

I just think that betting on GME going either way seems a fool's errand, there's some powerful mental illness magic behind it (just look at superstonk for confirmation)

Why not bet on it going both ways so you profit from a movement in one direction and profit again when it snaps back?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

Why not bet on it going both ways so you profit from a movement in one direction and profit again when it snaps back?

That sounds like how I lost $2500 don’t do it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

gay picnic defence posted:

is this the iron condor????? ?????? ????? sounds badass

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Smythe posted:

is this the iron condor????? ?????? ????? sounds badass

Cool or as cool as a broken jade lizard?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Is that the guy that smashes watermelons with a sledgehammer whole shouting about the stock market?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Lmao.

Imagine buying options and not being 100% sure how they work.

Now imagine before you buy options, everyone here yelled at you about how you’re not ready for options, and you could gently caress yourself if you’re not careful.

And then you not only buy options anyway, but buy something impossibly dumb for a reasonably high cost basis.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Lmao.

Imagine buying options and not being 100% sure how they work.

Now imagine before you buy options, everyone here yelled at you about how you’re not ready for options, and you could gently caress yourself if you’re not careful.

And then you not only buy options anyway, but buy something impossibly dumb for a reasonably high cost basis.

Is MC. A fake Zaurg account

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

putting down "just gently caress my poo poo up" under risk tolerance on my application for options trading

Xegaus
Sep 27, 2006
King of nothing!
I've been just trading stock because reading and watching any info on options my brain comes back with "so its just gambling then?" I guess in a way the whole market is like that but it seems more so when you get into options.

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ror posted:

putting down "just gently caress my poo poo up" under risk tolerance on my application for options trading

this is how you unlock secret level 6 options right

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I just got level 3 options trading, and I really want to try both an iron condor and an iron butterfly. Its really not fair that trades with these badass names exist in the marketplace.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Xegaus posted:

I've been just trading stock because reading and watching any info on options my brain comes back with "so its just gambling then?" I guess in a way the whole market is like that but it seems more so when you get into options.

Stock Trading Thread: “so it’s just gambling then?”

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Cacafuego posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cacafuego posted:

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
NDRA goons, tonight I ask you to pray- tomorrow I promise you we profit :hai:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Set reminder 3:59 pm tomorrow.

Subject: being mad at internet user Surprisingly Dope.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

abuse culture. posted:

Why is GameStop exploding again

"Because you touch yourself."
-Jim Cramer, shaking his head while staring into the camera

CCIV and PLTR over $20, ayyyyy.

Michael Corleone, what app or website enabled options for you?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You owe all of us some burgs if your promise doesn't hold

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Futures big green, SQQQ calls will be worthless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I picked up more today :v:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

If options are loving you sounds like you are ready for futures! Please please do not try to trade futures.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Cacafuego posted:

New thread title please

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mr. F! posted:

I just got level 3 options trading, and I really want to try both an iron condor and an iron butterfly. Its really not fair that trades with these badass names exist in the marketplace.

Why do you think they're both stupidly risky leveraged and named like 70s hair metal bands? Because coke addled wall street quants came up with the most dumb and risky bets that maximize theoretical profit if you're willing to take on stupid amounts of risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Iron butterfly is a sixties psychedelic group. They did Inna gadda da vida.