Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

the best moon game is the Persona 5 Mishima Run. You have to hang out with Mishima whenever possible, or only with confidants whose scenes involve Mishima. Whenever Mishima is not on screen you should say out loud in your home, "Where's Mishima?"

Mishima is the moon confidant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Resident Evil Village, it was a 10/10 game to be honest. I loved it a lot, and really had zero complaints at all with any of it. Such a well made game. I love Ethan as my disappointing and worthless son, he is so stupid. All of the evil characters were great, but especially tall witch lady.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey when is star citizen 2 coming out?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It'd already out we've all been playing it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Watching Charlie play Biomutant and the game just looks like absolute dogshit. Totally awful. He's on the final boss after seven hours and when asked why he's still playing, he said "So people don't whine that I didn't even beat the game when I do my review and say it's awful, otherwise I would have stopped playing five hours ago. There's one quest and it's every quest in the game, you've seen everything the game has after the first hour"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Watching Charlie play Biomutant and the game just looks like absolute dogshit. Totally awful. He's on the final boss after seven hours and when asked why he's still playing, he said "So people don't whine that I didn't even beat the game when I do my review and say it's awful, otherwise I would have stopped playing five hours ago. There's one quest and it's every quest in the game, you've seen everything the game has after the first hour"

The game looked like it had a lot of promise, and people seemed to be very interested in it overall, until it finally released and then all of that went out the window.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

CharlieFoxtrot?

Oh no, Charlie world's biggest fan of professional slap contests

https://www.twitch.tv/moistcr1tikal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lol I haven't installed it yet because I don't want to restart my PC. Maybe in a little bit

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Should I play Mass Effect or Disco Elysium first? I've never touched either one

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Should I play Mass Effect or Disco Elysium first? I've never touched either one

Disco Elysium

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Disco

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Never even heard of biomutant, shame if it's not great because i just watched the trailer and uh dang that's a good trailer!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disco is basically a very clever book and Mass Effect wishes it was a very clever book so

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bio means life

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Barudak posted:

Disco is basically a very clever book and Mass Effect wishes it was a very clever book so

Mass Effect wishes it was a very stupid movie actually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Mass Effect wishes it was a very stupid movie actually

I feel like the first wanted to be a book, the second a season of prestige tv, and the third a movie

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i would go see the movie version of mass effect where every interior battle involves all combatants running around like headless chickens until shepard is instantly killed by a rocket from offscreen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does the remaster keep the film grain graphics option?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm watching this hilarious guy play crusader kings

"My daughter is only an albino... moron... that stutters..."

"Alright, my mom doesn't hate me! She's now my spymaster."

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's my review of biomutant:

I only paid $3 for it. itll finish installing in about 5 minutes. 9/10 great game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i would go see the movie version of mass effect where every interior battle involves all combatants running around like headless chickens until shepard is instantly killed by a rocket from offscreen

CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Simone Magus posted:

I'm watching this hilarious guy play crusader kings

"My daughter is only an albino... moron... that stutters..."

"Alright, my mom doesn't hate me! She's now my spymaster."

As someone who has never played CK I'm curious, are you actually playing as a certain character or is it more like civ where you're running a dynasty?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

homeless snail posted:

here's my review of biomutant:

I only paid $3 for it. itll finish installing in about 5 minutes. 9/10 great game

lmao did that actually work

I would be a little upset I missed out on it but I've totally lost any desire to even try it

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

PantsBandit posted:

As someone who has never played CK I'm curious, are you actually playing as a certain character or is it more like civ where you're running a dynasty?

It's kind of both, once your ruler dies you immediately start playing as their heir (and if you don't have an heir when you die, game over).

The real fun part is when you die, switch over to your heir, and see a message along the lines of "ah good, the assassination attempt on my father was successful!"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Arzaac posted:

It's kind of both, once your ruler dies you immediately start playing as their heir (and if you don't have an heir when you die, game over).

The real fun part is when you die, switch over to your heir, and see a message along the lines of "ah good, the assassination attempt on my father was successful!"

Ok that actually sounds pretty dope

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Persona 5 Royal in the bag after 13 months and 105ish hours of gameplay.

Non-spoiler thoughts: Persona 5 was already one of my favorite video games ever with one of my favorite casts of characters ever. It's also way too fuckin long, so playing through the whole thing again for a new party member and a new dungeon was a daunting offer, but worth it in the end. Like I said in my GOTY writeup last year (for what I am now calling Persona 5 Royal Part 1, up through Futaba's palace), all the additions made to the base game make it worth playing a second time: Baton Pass is unlocked immediately to make battles more dynamic, Will Seeds and Jose make the palaces and Mementos worth exploring, and the grappling hook is cool.

The climax to the original game hits just as hard the second time too, I still got goosebumps.

As to the new semester and final palace, I was skeptical as to how it would be integrated into the rest of the game. I did not need to worry, they do a good job escalating the stakes in a way that makes sense. The characters involved in the new semester are all great, the villain is the one of the most interesting so far, and the music is some of the best in both games.

Spoiler thoughts: Seriously, Maruki is an excellent antagonist. A palace ruler whose distorted desires are to help people rather than harm them introduces an interesting moral wrinkle to the usual conflict. I already liked Akechi in the base game, and he is in fine form here; I hope Robbie Daymond didn't hurt his vocal cords performing the role. "I'm a little preoccupied here, so do your GODDAMN JOB!" was excellent. Finally, Sumire is very cute and good, and I hope she and my Joker are happy together.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

wuggles posted:

As to the new semester and final palace, I was skeptical as to how it would be integrated into the rest of the game. I did not need to worry, they do a good job escalating the stakes in a way that makes sense. The characters involved in the new semester are all great, the villain is the one of the most interesting so far, and the music is some of the best in both games.

Spoiler thoughts: Seriously, Maruki is an excellent antagonist. A palace ruler whose distorted desires are to help people rather than harm them introduces an interesting moral wrinkle to the usual conflict. I already liked Akechi in the base game, and he is in fine form here; I hope Robbie Daymond didn't hurt his vocal cords performing the role. "I'm a little preoccupied here, so do your GODDAMN JOB!" was excellent. Finally, Sumire is very cute and good, and I hope she and my Joker are happy together.

I really loved the new semester and the new palace for all the reasons you said. I was extremely skeptical about having new content after the original ending, unlike Persona 4 Golden's, which came before, but it ended up working extremely well and ultimately I thought it was a more interesting conflict to end the story on than the original. Definitely agreed on Maruki being an excellent antagonist, too. It was refreshing having such a human antagonist in a Persona game, with understandable goals and motivations. And Akechi was a real standout in the third semester, too, and in his new confidant scenes. A really fun character on his own and an excellent foil for the rest of the group.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

lmao did that actually work

I would be a little upset I missed out on it but I've totally lost any desire to even try it

I have downloaded it but the EA Play client has been "wrapping up download" for a long time at this point, I don't know if this is like Steam decryption or what

Edit: I am a "biomutant"

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 26, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Disco is Twitter the Game. Mass Effect is every pop sci fi crammed together

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

you're definitely one character in particular, that has character traits that dictate their wants and needs and what kind of events you get into, but also you have to be very interested in advancing your dynasty and work out strategic marriages and arrange for your kids education and stuff to advantage yourself as much as possible when you die and you move on to your heir. and sometimes depending on how inheritance works that means loving people up and maybe parenting some of your kids wrong on purpose so they won't pose a challenge to the throne

its kind of like if someone made a really good excel spreadsheet version of The Sims

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RBA Starblade posted:

Disco is Twitter the Game.

what

homeless snail posted:

you're definitely one character in particular, that has character traits that dictate their wants and needs and what kind of events you get into, but also you have to be very interested in advancing your dynasty and work out strategic marriages and arrange for your kids education and stuff to advantage yourself as much as possible when you die and you move on to your heir. and sometimes depending on how inheritance works that means loving people up and maybe parenting some of your kids wrong on purpose so they won't pose a challenge to the throne

its kind of like if someone made a really good excel spreadsheet version of The Sims

Also being that you're like a Duke or Lord or King or Emperor, even if you're "playing as one guy" you can still command both your family and heirs as well as your vassals and liege lords to do things as you wish, so its sorta like you're playing as a faction.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're not wrong

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0-W5erEXw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What if Twitter was not a social platform but instead a sensitive video game about the weight of the past

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wuggles posted:

Persona 5 Royal in the bag after 13 months and 105ish hours of gameplay.

Non-spoiler thoughts: Persona 5 was already one of my favorite video games ever with one of my favorite casts of characters ever. It's also way too fuckin long, so playing through the whole thing again for a new party member and a new dungeon was a daunting offer, but worth it in the end. Like I said in my GOTY writeup last year (for what I am now calling Persona 5 Royal Part 1, up through Futaba's palace), all the additions made to the base game make it worth playing a second time: Baton Pass is unlocked immediately to make battles more dynamic, Will Seeds and Jose make the palaces and Mementos worth exploring, and the grappling hook is cool.

The climax to the original game hits just as hard the second time too, I still got goosebumps.

My only real complaints for the new royal stuff are that I wish Sumire could've played a bigger role in more of the game, it's kinda silly how she doesn't show up in Shido's palace and I wish you got to spend a little more time exploring things in-depth in Maruki's reality. Probably would've been good to have another therapist that wasn't an antagonist too considering there's already some stigma to them in Japan. It improves on a lot of things in P5, though not all of them (now let me tell you about our evil plans, sir!).

It really is a great improvement. I liked Persona 5 warts and all but I'd be confident in saying P5R is one of the best PS4 games.

Harrow posted:

I really loved the new semester and the new palace for all the reasons you said. I was extremely skeptical about having new content after the original ending, unlike Persona 4 Golden's, which came before, but it ended up working extremely well and ultimately I thought it was a more interesting conflict to end the story on than the original. Definitely agreed on Maruki being an excellent antagonist, too. It was refreshing having such a human antagonist in a Persona game, with understandable goals and motivations. And Akechi was a real standout in the third semester, too, and in his new confidant scenes. A really fun character on his own and an excellent foil for the rest of the group.

Maruki is probably the best antagonist in 3/4/5 imo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Reducing a game's deisgn to a single tiny part of the inspiration for the UI is just silly

Twitter is a toxic cesspit, disco is lovely and artistic and beautiful and inspiring

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redreader posted:

Prey: Mooncrash
This game is why I am extremely excited for Deathloop. They already did it so drat well in mooncrash, I'm really excited to see how they do Deathloop.

I'm torn because I love doing everything to not kill someone in a videogame if ever given the option and they usually do great at that option. This game seems like it's really set on you just doing murders. Mooncrash owned though, so I know I'll probably end up getting it. I do hope they get around to making another Immersive Sim after, AFAIK nobody really has any of those on the way right now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm glad they made a sequel to fable, and also simultaneously making it a sequel to black and white? thats inspired

i just didnt expect it to be biomutant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
please explain in whic hway you call it a sequel to black & white because that's one of my trigger words that makes me grab my wallet even though steam already has my cc info saved