Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Gaslighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bad Munki posted:

Gaslighting

Well, "air" is technically a gas...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Farts are gas. Light your farts.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Our house had a phone outlet like that. I thought at the time that it was in an unlikely location (next to the French windows), but it never occurred to me that someone would install a fake one just so that they could pretend to have their telephone in a different place.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

In Good Construction news: An update on that "Make Buildings Beautiful Again" Trump executive order written by some dude with a vendetta against modernism
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1397204067005444099

Shubow was apparently super mad about the US Embassy in London, which I agree is ugly af but gaudy neo-Classical poo poo is equally bad. WPA Moderne or die imo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Dave posted:

Crimping kits seem to be $20-$30 which might end up making sense. It's a pretty long run that goes into a ceiling run that I don't have access to so replacing it could be complicated.

If you're gonna get tools and do this yourself, MAKE SURE to get the MODULAR or PASSTHROUGH connectors.

I can't stand the poo poo cheap ones; you have to pre-trim the wires all straight and keep them aligned as you stuff them in little clear tubes. loving sucks.

The passthrough connectors at least let you get the wire through individually and the final product is very flush without a lot of finagling. The modular have a little wiring loom / adapter that locks into the plug, again ensuring the wires are actually positioned well.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This 100% makes life so easy. When I was a kid I was making cables without passthrough it sucked rear end. With passthrough I had no issues and and wires to my basement in like 20 mins Including time I spent pulling the cable.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Youth Decay posted:

In Good Construction news: An update on that "Make Buildings Beautiful Again" Trump executive order written by some dude with a vendetta against modernism

Shubow was apparently super mad about the US Embassy in London, which I agree is ugly af but gaudy neo-Classical poo poo is equally bad. WPA Moderne or die imo

An actual moat? hahaha

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Vim Fuego posted:

An actual moat? hahaha

Gotta keep the black knight at bay

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

US embassies are all a bit fort-like, so an actual moat seems kind of fitting. Besides, if they made it properly deep I'm sure it works.

The Arab!
May 22, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

Wait until you see the Beirut embassy

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

After 1998 (when someone literally just drove carbombs up to the embassy buildings in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam) the US realized that a ton of their embassy locations were extremely public and it was essentially impossible to harden them against similar attacks, so they started moving them to new locations or rebuilding as much as possible with layered approaches and defenses so that any straight-forward assault would only reach an outer wall or gate and not the main buildings. This does make them frequently pretty ugly.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
"Fierce advocate of classical architecture" is a fun new euphemism.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I don't remember where I got this but it should be witnessed by multiple other people.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

value-brand cereal posted:

I don't remember where I got this but it should be witnessed by multiple other people.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the "kicking rad stuff everyone wants" thread?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

would

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

packetmantis posted:

"Fierce advocate of classical architecture" is a fun new euphemism.

Certainly ruins things for people who actually are without being against other types of architecture.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

It should be witnessed in my drat house. That poo poo's rad.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Where can I buy it? I don't see anything but a pinterest post

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

The Arab! posted:

Wait until you see the Beirut embassy

It's like dazzle camouflage: architectural edition

What is that coating type called? I've been seeing it more and more.

Also - combine both of the above. :krad:

HelleSpud fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 26, 2021

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Would definitely make giant shits and much piss in that bathroom.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Certainly ruins things for people who actually are without being against other types of architecture.

classical architecture rights activist

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

Where can I buy it? I don't see anything but a pinterest post

Guessing that's a vinyl wrap, and this bathroom is in a body shop.

(actually looks more like a trade show floor on second thought)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there are pottery glazes that do that, but it looks more like a metal treatment (giving the tubing/pipes)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
See also "Chameleon Paint"
https://www.paintwithpearl.com/shop-custom-paint/chameleon-paint/
https://www.urechem-paints.com/chameleon-car-paint-colors/
You can also get thermochromic paint, which changes color based on temperature. Nice to get a view of the ghostly rear end cheeks of whoever sat on a thermochromic toilet seat.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the "kicking rad stuff everyone wants" thread?

Please tell me someone makes Jazz toilet paper.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Could be a physical vapor deposition. Titanium is common. Makes for really gaudy guns.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HelleSpud posted:

It's like dazzle camouflage: architectural edition
What is that coating type called? I've been seeing it more and more.

Also - combine both of the above. :krad:

Stuff like that is usually called one of the following:
Rainbow
Rainbow titanium
Chameleon
Oilslick

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Where's the toilet seat?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good bathroom dump

https://imgur.com/gallery/yJRHKr8

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Good bathroom dump
Well I'd hope so, where else would you

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're gonna get tools and do this yourself, MAKE SURE to get the MODULAR or PASSTHROUGH connectors.

I can't stand the poo poo cheap ones; you have to pre-trim the wires all straight and keep them aligned as you stuff them in little clear tubes. loving sucks.

The passthrough connectors at least let you get the wire through individually and the final product is very flush without a lot of finagling. The modular have a little wiring loom / adapter that locks into the plug, again ensuring the wires are actually positioned well.

How the gently caress have I never seen these before!?
I'm pretty good at it, but holy heck that makes it super easy. Not that I need to terminate cables all that often any more, but wow.

I see what you did there.

There are going to be some very surprised fish at some point:

theparag0n
May 5, 2007

INITIATE STANDING FLIRTATION PROTOCOL beep boop

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Where's the toilet seat?

https://www.feelurbutt.com/shop/p/mood-ring-toilet-seat

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

feelurbutt dot com is...something https://www.feelurbutt.com/shop

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Vim Fuego posted:

An actual moat? hahaha

It's passable.

Vim Fuego posted:

Stuff like that is usually called one of the following:
Rainbow
Rainbow titanium
Chameleon
Oilslick

Also titanium oxide or dioxide, that's the actual material used, but generally they'll also mention "rainbow" somewhere in the description or name

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Find the door numbers

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

FCKGW posted:

Find the door numbers

Oh, wow.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Moatman posted:

It's passable.
Also titanium oxide or dioxide, that's the actual material used, but generally they'll also mention "rainbow" somewhere in the description or name

That's titanium nitride, or titanium oxynitride. Titanium oxide is just a white pigment.

https://twitter.com/thebestofzillow/status/1397704360100982786?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

It feels very moderate after... that, but have a Norwegian apartment: https://www.finn.no/realestate/homes/ad.html?finnkode=204377895

I do enjoy that they extended the look to their basement storage room.