Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I'm interested to see if the next season of Atlanta acknowledges covid. Supposedly in this season Paper Boi and Darius go to Europe to go on tour so I have a feeling the show is going to go with the "Covid doesn't exist in this universe" timeline since basically all live music touring came to halt in 2020-21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Kragger99 posted:

The final season of Shameless was set during the pandemic, and one of the major characters ended up dying "of/with" it. I'm probably 1 of 3 people in the world that watched it.

I feel like Covid was a little bit of a cop out with that character’s death and often wonder how they would have died in a Covid-less world because drat did they get into some crazy poo poo! I’m gonna miss that show, it was a great distraction during this last winter lockdown.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Buff Hardback posted:

quoting my previous COVID in media post:

Grey’s Anatomy also had an episode revolving around a doomposting goon nearly dying from a tooth infection and freaking out about, well, just about everything everyone on SA has been posting about. My guess is a writer has an account.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Melbourne outbreak is now at 15. Had our vaccination rollout not been hosed up that number would be a little less concerning but it's worrying given all the circumstances.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lolie posted:

Melbourne outbreak is now at 15. Had our vaccination rollout not been hosed up that number would be a little less concerning but it's worrying given all the circumstances.

You have fifteen people, and the fifteen within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/jamespmcleod/status/1397361137075773444

Canadians are a real bunch of entitled shits. But I already knew that.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Mongolia just crushing it over there

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/jamespmcleod/status/1397361137075773444

Canadians are a real bunch of entitled shits. But I already knew that.

Two months ago we had <10% of our population with a single dose so there was a lot of freaking out and outrage. Lately, the outrage has died down and it's mostly just Dougie the Puggie complaining in an attempt to deflect.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Most of the angry hosers were just conservatives looking for another excuse to whine about Trudeau.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Picnic Princess posted:

Most of the angry hosers were just conservatives looking for another excuse to whine about Trudeau.
Edit: I'm genuinely shocked that Canada is ahead of the US.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Edit: I'm genuinely shocked that Canada is ahead of the US.

Same. The angry mans posting comments on CBC stories had me convinced that we were doing worse than average. "UK is ahead, USA is ahead, why are we second class? Trudeau is loving everything up." I knew that Australia was way behind, and I guess I knew the third world was hosed as usual, but I'm honestly surprised at how well we're doing with vaccines.

What's up with Russia? They had that Sputnik vaccine approved ages ago and they are still only at 11%. I thought for sure Russia and China would be doing victory laps by now. Did all those covid doctors falling out windows put people off?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Platystemon posted:

You have fifteen people, and the fifteen within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

It loving well better be because I want to go on my holiday to the Kimberley in June.

I expect we're heading for a statewide lockdown tomorrow, especially since there's now contact sites in Bendigo and on the Murray.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Today our governor rescinded mandate on masks worn outdoors. Hawai'i's been doing pretty well so far, this is probably ok? At least it will mean fewer of our citizens get assaulted by tourists after asking the tourist to mask up.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
So, it you don't follow UK politics, you may not know, but Boris Johnsons former adviser is currently in burn it all down mode. Its in the press that he is due to release a few revelations today, including that Boris Johnsons early ideas during the 'herd immunity' stage, was to get our Chief medical officer to inject him with Covid-19 directly into his veins on live tv.

This would be a few weeks before the fat gently caress would be hours from dying from it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s a worse television stunt than the one in Black Mirror with the pig.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Benedict Cumberwaffle made that movie way too soon.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

freebooter posted:

It loving well better be because I want to go on my holiday to the Kimberley in June.

I expect we're heading for a statewide lockdown tomorrow, especially since there's now contact sites in Bendigo and on the Murray.

The number of people seeking vaccination has dramatically increased since the start of the outbreak, so that's one good thing.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Not sure if it's related, but 12 hours after getting Pfizer, I now have a huge loving migraine. Could be dehydration/caffeine related, but I haven't had one like this in a long while. It woke me up in the middle of the night.

Everything else feels fine. Hope the painkillers kick in soon.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Welcome to the “people who tell you not to take painkillers for the vaccination migraine are the devil” club.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I didn't know there was such a thing, but those people can absolutely go gently caress themselves.

My head feels like it's in a vicegrip. They can shove their armchair medical opinion and lack of clinical evidence right up their insufferable rear end in a top hat.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It is how they do things in healthcare and I see no reason it wouldn't work well in a library too.

Ever worked in a cleanroom or a factory?

Proper gloving use and disposal generates an absolute FUCKTON of trash daily, and depending on what you used them for they are disposed of in one of many specialized waste streams.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Whatever you do, do NOT take painkillers with the Pfizer vaccine. Instead, you can redirect your body such that you're facing the nearest 5g tower to help the nanobots attune to the Gates Rays. I also found that reading Karl Marx helps, especially if you recite the passages aloud

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Weasling Weasel posted:

So, it you don't follow UK politics, you may not know, but Boris Johnsons former adviser is currently in burn it all down mode. Its in the press that he is due to release a few revelations today, including that Boris Johnsons early ideas during the 'herd immunity' stage, was to get our Chief medical officer to inject him with Covid-19 directly into his veins on live tv.

This would be a few weeks before the fat gently caress would be hours from dying from it.

holy poo poo that is so cool... the trillbillies have a name for that: "the devil's milkshake". like when john hickenlooper drank fracking water or obama drank flint lead tap water. johnson would've been the first devil's artery slam

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I wish he'd gone through with that injection lol. I had the Pfizer, took some paracetamol small headache but my deltoid hurt for two days couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

my wife just got her second shot and my second will be next week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ&t=77s

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

The list of exposure sites is now up to 70 venues all over the state, with several only a couple hundred metres from my house

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites

The covid is closing in on me :tinfoil:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The list of exposure sites is now up to 70 venues all over the state, with several only a couple hundred metres from my house
Mildly curious about whether it'd be possible to triangulate your position from that information given how many exposure sites there are. Gut feeling unfortunately says yes.

Unrelated, does anyone have any info on how effective the 2nd dose of Pfizer is at varying timeframes after the first? I know the guidance says 21-42 days; is there data showing how this varies?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Extroverts are an existential threat

We wouldn’t have these problems if half the population wouldn’t be ready to tie a noose if they couldn’t hit up 19 bars in a row every night

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Fallom posted:

We wouldn’t have these problems if half the population wouldn’t be ready to tie a noose if they couldn’t hit up 19 bars in a row every night

Mammals are inherently social. You can't blame a subset of the population for humans natural desire for companionship.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

blunt posted:

Mammals are inherently social. You can't blame a subset of the population for humans natural desire for companionship.

Why can't they just socialize via post, like us? :justpost:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah but did the quarantine breach really have to suck and gently caress his way across nine different Denny’s on the way back to his commune

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nam Taf posted:

Mildly curious about whether it'd be possible to triangulate your position from that information given how many exposure sites there are. Gut feeling unfortunately says yes.

Naw some suburbs have up to 12 individual exposure sites, there'd be several hundred thousand people who also live within a couple hundred metres of several sites like me

E: here's a handy site that maps them all out! https://covid19nearme.com.au/state/vic

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 26, 2021

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

we were down to 57 active cases in the county last Friday (it's even lower now) so because i want them to stay in business, i went to one of my favorite places to play pinball with a friend who is also fully vaxxed. masks were required unless eating or drinking, the place was not crowded but plenty of people had their masks around their chins or dangling from an ear when they were milling about. we kept our masks on and maintained our distance and for the last games of the night, three beers deep, i suggested taking our masks off since it was only performative at that point. i had mine back on after my first ball drained; just still feel real vulnerable which is weird because im not used to feeling that way in public.

kiddo had a performance of sorts last night, all the kids with masks on, socially distanced seating, outside in the couryard at the school, maybe only 40 people there in groups of 2 twelve feet apart but i wore the mask the whole time. probably gonna be more like septemberish before i'm cool with taking it off completely, ymmv

in the meantime i probably just won't go out any more until then because the mask totally kills all of the enjoyment for me, again, ymmv

also, to all the extroverts feeling weird being out in public for the first time ever- this is how introverts always feel :)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sorry double

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fallom posted:

:smith: no I'm not

I finally got stats for the tiny shithole county I actually live in but I don't know if they're correct. If they are, we're at 17% vaccinated. Which is just super lovely all around. Unsurprisingly, the rich white county up above us that was intensely trump and is pretty old statistically is at 39%. Because they can afford it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

These articles.... Seem good?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/05/covid-cases-after-vaccination-are-still-very-rare-variants-arent-changing-that/

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/05/moderna-says-vaccine-highly-effective-in-kids-12-17-seeks-fda-authorization/

This one... Not so much:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/05/efficacy-of-chinese-vaccines-is-not-high-officials-back-3rd-dose/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Chinese vaccine being absolute poo poo isn’t new, even the Chinese government did a low key “it sucks lol” a few months ago and they basically never admit mistakes.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I finally got stats for the tiny shithole county I actually live in but I don't know if they're correct. If they are, we're at 17% vaccinated. Which is just super lovely all around. Unsurprisingly, the rich white county up above us that was intensely trump and is pretty old statistically is at 39%. Because they can afford it.

17% fully vaxxed or partially. If it's fully that's still real bad, but if it's partially that's insane. We have one county in my state in that ballpark, but it's because it's like 60% Amish so there is a large portion of the community that would literally never get it or any other modern medical anything.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The Amish, only one step away from Anti-Vaxxers.

At least the Amish aren't assholes about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I mean, they are anti-vaxxers but for completely different reason than chuds. It's silly religion stuff about shunning modern anything rather than spite, selfishness, or hubris.