Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Dominic Cummings keeps saying that he doesn't actually think he's that clever and has now realised it was crazy that anyone thought it was sensible to give him so much influence and control, which is making him worryingly relatable.

"In retrospect, having completely shat the bed, I realise I might have been out of my depth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tesseraction posted:

"In retrospect, having completely shat the bed, I realise I might have been out of my depth."

I agree but it's also more self reflection than I would have expected from a tory

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cummings just referenced the Spiderman meme in the select Committee and I'm howling

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Cummings just referenced the Spiderman meme in the select Committee and I'm howling

Same. Can't tell if this is dumber than Clitzilla referencing the "This is Fine Dog" meme on CNN.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
uugughgh i suppoht the gubahmunt in luhning from the crisus the lussuns that neehd to beh luhhhneed and committing in future to tayke on board those lussuns so weh can move forwaaahd as a cuntry of lussons learned uururrrrhhghghhhh jobsjobsjobsjobs INTURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRUNG ME SOME WUT UGGS IMMUDIUTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UURURUGHHHHH

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Jesus, I missed this at the time.

https://twitter.com/StewartWood/status/1397457268694818816

Cthulwho
Aug 31, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Same. Can't tell if this is dumber than Clitzilla referencing the "This is Fine Dog" meme on CNN.

I knew it was gonna be dumb but didn't quite expect this.

I know nobody will be held accountable for any of this but i like to think there'll be a few ministers having some sleepless nights at least.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Cthulwho posted:

I knew it was gonna be dumb but didn't quite expect this.

I know nobody will be held accountable for any of this but i like to think there'll be a few ministers having some sleepless nights at least.

Railing lines of coke all day will do that to you

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Having heard Cummings saying his mate should be made a dictator I want to issue a correction to a previous post. You do not under any circumstances "gotta hand it to him"

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

That whiteboard is a loving disgrace. Marker stains and adhesive strips all over it ffs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

"The Independence Day Jeff Goldblum meeting"

My brain hurts, I can't watch anymore

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

"The Independence Day Jeff Goldblum meeting"

My brain hurts, I can't watch anymore

I'm glad the MP told him to cut it out with that poo poo.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

knox_harrington posted:

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1397461791198830597

UKMT May 2021: It's like Aesop's Fables for cunts

Cummings is basically the only truth teller in UK politics and these pudding brains think he's the one who got rid of "truth telling" as part of politics

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

knox_harrington posted:

I always want to scream "that's your loving job!" when a political journalist bemoans the quality of political discourse, but fair play this line is pure gold

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

I'm glad a guy who got a couple hundred thousand people killed is so well versed in meme culture. Maybe instead of a memorial to the victims of his hubris, he can just tweet out a JPEG of a trollface saying "Problem?"

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

"Mr cummings you are considered incredibly successful. You took back control, you got Brexit done. On this particular issue..."

:godwinning:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

sebzilla posted:

"Corbyn would have been terrible too" says Cummings, utterly unprovoked.

Corbyn woulda been better than bojo but imagine a new Corbyn government with a small majority having to derail its plans to transform society or have a big messy labour civil war to deal with covid as 2/3rds of labour MPs and every other party try to sabotage the response.

It woulda been a loving nightmare too

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No 10 will tonight tweet a paraphrase of the dozen perfect wrestlers dril post.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm glad a guy who got a couple hundred thousand people killed is so well versed in meme culture. Maybe instead of a memorial to the victims of his hubris, he can just tweet out a JPEG of a trollface saying "Problem?"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1397501927269748744?s=19

Just open confirmation that the BBC's news editor runs interference on behalf of the tory party.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1397487314339778560?s=21

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
why didn't they have dommie cummies killed before today like david kelly or that bloke who committed suicide and stuffed his corpse in a suitcase

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

crispix posted:

why didn't they have dommie cummies killed before today like david kelly or that bloke who committed suicide and stuffed his corpse in a suitcase

You're asking why this government was unable to do something smart and forward-thinking? Really?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Prime Minister Questions. Time for Mr Forensic to show his chops.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

crispix posted:

Because since Dom left there's no one competently sociopathically ruthless left, it's just a cabinet of clowns filing out of the tiny car

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I suspect that cases of state murder are sanctioned at a higher level than the UK cabinet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God PMQs is even more hollow these days. Starmer, to his credit, asks pertinent questions quoting Johnson's own words against him, and BloJo just goes "gently caress off poof, you love Europe"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i think the actual answer is they didn't bother because there's no longer any opposition to the government

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Because since Dom left there's no one competently sociopathically ruthless left, it's just a cabinet of clowns filing out of the tiny car

I mean there's Patel but she seems very, um, focused on very specific issues

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NLJP posted:

I mean there's Patel but she seems very, um, focused on very specific issues

Don't really think she's particularly competent, just bloodthirsty

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Is the answer, "any one"? It's "any one", isn't it

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

At least Sedwill is not cabinet secretary any more.

Now Lord Temporal.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I agree but it's also more self reflection than I would have expected from a tory

Cummings isn't a Tory, he's a mercenary. Possibly - probably? - working for Putin; he spent several years in Moscow and refuses to discuss what he did there.

The "who do we not save?" question doesn't bother me, to be honest. People were always going to die and the question of where our efforts were going to be channelled needed to be asked no matter who was in charge. It's the answer to the question that the Tories must be held accountable for, not the question itself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TeenageExorcis1/status/1397505836981919747?s=19

Dominic Cummies doing a big poo poo in the pool.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

They knew it was Cummings at the time so the statement really doesn't change at all

crispix posted:

Nothing he's saying is even unknown, let alone a threat to big money or war

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

knox_harrington posted:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/bencsmoke/status/1397501938695086083

:allears:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

Pretty sure you can get these mate, especially in Glasgow

* Paul Mason has entered the chat

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Cummings seems to have a real hateboner for Matt Hancock. Whoever wins we all lose, but it's nice to see all this dirty laundry getting aired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I did not but definitely would have had I seen it - I stopped reading NTK around 2003 because I changed jobs and for some reason I was having it sent to my work account at the old place. TBH I assume the tailoff in their numbers was caused mostly by this as the tech sector ate itself.