Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Mugsbaloney posted:

Goddamn it phillby who inflicted the McElroy av on you
It's self inflicted, but my main motivation was to wind up people in the Mcelroy thread lol.

Oh gently caress what a poo poo snype uh google tells me the number 142 is 'an angel number'

quote:

The number 142 represents the order, the method, the organization, the concrete and everything that happens. People whose life path is number 142 are strong and straight.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Nice work, Green Party.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Mr Phillby posted:

It's self inflicted, but my main motivation was to wind up people in the Mcelroy thread lol.

Oh gently caress what a poo poo snype uh google tells me the number 142 is 'an angel number'

Aah, mystery solved :). I need cheering up, looking up that thread now

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

The TL;DW from all this Cummings chat is basically "The covid response was a disaster because everyone involved was an incompetent idiot engaged in groupthink" with no sense of self awareness what so ever in that he sacked the entire cabinet about 2 months prior and replaced them with incompetent idiots engaged in GET BRXIT DONE groupthink

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Keir actually hammering the gov here (to the largest extent I've seen him do it) but my GOD is he a poo poo speaker. He just does it all in such couched language and goes about everything in a roundabout way.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1397556323806498823?s=20

Like, even though I know what he's saying here is about some really important fundamental failures of the government, he's so unengaging that I just completely switch off when he's talking.

e: not the right tweet, obviously.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 26, 2021

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

jiggerypokery posted:

The TL;DW from all this Cummings chat is basically "The covid response was a disaster because everyone involved was an incompetent idiot engaged in groupthink" with no sense of self awareness what so ever in that he sacked the entire cabinet about 2 months prior and replaced them with incompetent idiots engaged in GET BRXIT DONE groupthink

The covid response would have been so much better if he had been able to hire his phrenologist mates.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BrianReade/status/1397485390085435394?s=19

Don't want to let this fall under the radar.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

It's a god drat farce.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/26/hillsborough-trial-of-former-south-yorkshire-police-officers-collapses

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/26/hillsborough-why-has-the-trial-collapsed-and-what-happens-next

quote:

Why has the trial been stopped?
Two ex-South Yorkshire police officers, Ch Supt Donald Denton and DCI Alan Foster, and the force’s then solicitor Peter Metcalf had been charged with perverting the course of public justice, for their roles in amending 68 police officers’ statements after the Hillsborough disaster.

The trial judge, Mr Justice William Davis, ruled that the offence could not have been committed, because the amendments were to prepare police statements for the public inquiry, chaired by Lord Justice Taylor. That was a non-statutory inquiry, which Davis described to the jury as “an administrative exercise”, not a “course of public justice”.

So even if the amendments meant the South Yorkshire police withheld important evidence from the Taylor inquiry, that could not constitute perverting the course of justice.

I'm not a British lawyer, so I may be missing something, but this is such bad reasoning that it blows my mind.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 26, 2021

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's why those sorts of inquiries are purposely not made statutory.
You can learn all the lessons you want, but no-one's going to get saddled with the blame.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

WhatEvil posted:

Keir actually hammering the gov here (to the largest extent I've seen him do it) but my GOD is he a poo poo speaker. He just does it all in such couched language and goes about everything in a roundabout way.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1397556323806498823?s=20

Like, even though I know what he's saying here is about some really important fundamental failures of the government, he's so unengaging that I just completely switch off when he's talking.

e: not the right tweet, obviously.

If only he would do it in Ancient Greek...

quote:

“If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.”
― Socrates

I thought this Socrates quote sounded particularly Starmer-like.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 26, 2021

minema
May 31, 2011
Has the thread seen this? Even if it's old news I reckon it's worth watching again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2_2ogPMvo

minema fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 26, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mr Phillby posted:

quote:

The number 142 represents the order, the method, the organization, the concrete and everything that happens. People whose life path is number 142 are strong and straight.

Definitely isn't mine then.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

Also lmao at "Labour Stands For People Who Stand Together"

You're not supposed to stand together that's how you catch covid.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

If I was the leader of the Labour group in Durham County Council I would have simply negotiated my own coalition.

You would expect the largest party to be able to do such a thing?

I mean 'independents' tend to be Toriee and we know about Lib Dems and coalitions. Shame about the Green though.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Interesting tidbit today from Twitter: whenever Boris is asked to deny something he can't deny at PMQs he forcefully shakes his head while Starmer is asking the question, before getting up and not denying it.

If the BBC then chooses to air the question being asked, they obligingly cut to him shaking his head and then simply don't broadcast his answer. So the public is left with the impression he denied it without him actually doing so.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also think it's a slightly weird look for mister "schools open no ifs or buts" to complain about someone else saying it only kills old people.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

I mean 'independents' tend to be Toriee and we know about Lib Dems and coalitions. Shame about the Green though.

:thunk:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OK people who CHOOSE to be independent

Although.... :tinfoil:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/peachlux_/status/1397617518727114752
Look forward to being asked that question for the rest of your time as leader, you idiot.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Have you ever dabbled in anything stronger than alcohol?" should be pretty easy to deny though, as it excludes most other than the stronger opioids and hypnotic sedatives.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

New Fudge Alert!

So, just in time for the bank holiday, I’m excited to announce a new Fudge Drop!

We’ve got a selection of delicious flavours up for sale, including a couple of brand new ones! (And I’ll admit to being particularly proud of them both)

New releases:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Nibblez
Chocolate Orange
- making its long anticipated return in an improved form!
Peanut Butter Crunch
- Smooth peanut butter and a frankly ludicrous quantity of chopped honey roasted peanuts combine to make a crunchy, sweet, salty and nutty treat!
Coconut Macaroon - Using the dark arts of Fudge Science, we’ve managed to recreate the flavour of this delicious traditional treat in fudge form! A must-try!

All stock is now live and for sale at www.Fudjit.co.uk :)

Also, we will be trading in person at the LarpCon Kit Fair in Coalville, Leicestershire on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of June. If you’re in the area and want to pick up some special deals on fudge (and also see a load of other awesome traders), check out the event page on Facebook and come by! It’s an event being run under Covid-safe guidelines with safety at the forefront.

And if you drop by, do the ‘Stairs’ thing for extra special goon only deals!

Cheers all! Happy fudging!

Camrath fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 26, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jabby posted:

Look forward to being asked that question for the rest of your time as leader, you idiot.

It is genuinely amazing how all the prohibitionists are unable to not take them themselves.

Like I entirely believe that corbyn has never done a drug in his life but I am certain that starmer will collapse if his cocaine supply runs out.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You try doing a days work with that much whiskey and wet eggs inside you without a little pep.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Alert!

So, just in time for the bank holiday, I’m excited to announce a new Fudge Drop!

We’ve got a selection of delicious flavours up for sale, including a couple of brand new ones! (And I’ll admit to being particularly proud of them both)

New releases:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Nibblez
Chocolate Orange
Peanut Butter Crunch
- Smooth peanut butter and a frankly ludicrous quantity of chopped honey roasted peanuts combine to make a crunchy, sweet, salty and nutty treat!
Coconut Macaroon - Using the dark arts of Fudge Science, we’ve managed to recreate the flavour of this delicious traditional treat in fudge form! A must-try!

Also, we will be trading in person at the LarpCon Kit Fair in Coalville, Leicestershire on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of June. If you’re in the area and want to pick up some special deals on fudge (and also see a load of other awesome trainers), check out the event page on Facebook and come by! It’s an event being run under Covid-safe guidelines with safety at the forefront.

Wait LarpCon is on this year on a weekend i'm busy on?

gently caress

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

And their lawyer was on BBC Radio with Adrian Chiles spouting utter, debunked bullshit. loving disgusting.

https://twitter.com/DavidEasson/status/1397530787113840644

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Alert!

New releases:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Nibblez
Chocolate Orange
Peanut Butter Crunch

Also, we will be trading in person at the LarpCon Kit Fair in Coalville, Leicestershire on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of June. If you’re in the area and want to pick up some special deals on fudge (and also see a load of other awesome trainers), check out the event page on Facebook and come by! It’s an event being run under Covid-safe guidelines with safety at the forefront.

did you know, June 16th is apparently National Fudge Day?
This according to email received from a fudge provider whose marketing list I have been on for a decade since buying some fudge off them about 10 years ago (but not since!)

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

did you know, June 16th is apparently National Fudge Day?
This according to email received from a fudge provider whose marketing list I have been on for a decade since buying some fudge off them about 10 years ago (but not since!)

I did not in fact know this.

That’s also about when my mid-month release is due to fall.

Iiiinteresting.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Kieth really capturing the zeitgeist today

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Alert!

New releases:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Nibblez
Chocolate Orange
Peanut Butter Crunch

Also, we will be trading in person at the LarpCon Kit Fair in Coalville, Leicestershire on the weekend of the 5th and 6th of June. If you’re in the area and want to pick up some special deals on fudge (and also see a load of other awesome traders), check out the event page on Facebook and come by! It’s an event being run under Covid-safe guidelines with safety at the forefront.

Literally half the stuff I was trying to order went out of stock during the order process, are you really out of Salted Caramel and White Chocolate & Raspberry already?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Camrath posted:

I did not in fact know this.

That’s also about when my mid-month release is due to fall.

Iiiinteresting.

"Mid-month fudge release" conjures unsavoury images.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Literally half the stuff I was trying to order went out of stock during the order process, are you really out of Salted Caramel and White Chocolate & Raspberry already?

Afraid those were leftover stock from earlier in the month, so there were only a few of each.

I will however be making more in the coming week of each of those, and they’ll be up on the website after the convention :)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

jabby posted:

Remember that time Jim Murphy boasted about huffing glue during a leaders debate to appear more working class?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Camrath posted:

Afraid those were leftover stock from earlier in the month, so there were only a few of each.

I will however be making more in the coming week of each of those, and they’ll be up on the website after the convention :)

Well I'll just have to have the Lemon Meringue Pie and Black Cherry instead then won't I. :colbert:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Literally still have a couple of NTK t-shirts but don't remember that particular thing but yeah, they did slip a couple of ARGs in. I'm certain someone who used to write for them pops up in yospos occasionally but I can't remember their username for the life of me.

That's neat (and so was that t shirt design). Well I hope some clever cybergoth had fun ascending/being wickermanned.

In other news, some kid in my son's class tested positive so that's us back isolating for half term and my wife's first return to work since covid shitcanned.

On the other had, we am become backyard mini trampoline family, and its going to rule.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Remember that time Jim Murphy boasted about huffing glue during a leaders debate to appear more working class?

Wish I did, that sounds glorious. Sadly all I remember about him was his tragic one man sideshow during the indyref where he lectured to folk (& got heckled) from atop his Irn Bru crate.

Did you know that Jim Murphy's family hosed off to Apartheid era South Africa in 1980? Can't really hold it against Murphy himself as I doubt he had much say, being 12, but still funny.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Chubby Henparty posted:

On the other had, we am become backyard mini trampoline family, and its going to rule.

Best thing I ever bought.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

forkboy84 posted:

Wish I did, that sounds glorious. Sadly all I remember about him was his tragic one man sideshow during the indyref where he lectured to folk (& got heckled) from atop his Irn Bru crate.

Did you know that Jim Murphy's family hosed off to Apartheid era South Africa in 1980? Can't really hold it against Murphy himself as I doubt he had much say, being 12, but still funny.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jim-murphy-suddenly-remembers-he-didn-t-sniff-glue-youngster-10107315.html

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

jabby posted:

just a loving hypocrite oval office

like I'm not even particularly bothered by the stupid charade of not actually admitting something that by he is confirming to be true by not denying it

I guess it's slightly better for him to have the headline be "is a slimy oval office who has done unspecified drugs and won't admit it" than "did a bunch of coke while he was putting people in prison for doing coke" or "starmer exposed as liar after TV drugs denial" when someone comes forwards

it's the loving combination of the putting people in prison for drugs (which we already knew about obviously) with the hypocrisy of him blatantly having done something that he has ruined hundreds of lives over, which he clearly feels no remorse about because even now he insists more criminalisation is the answer

just a terrible person

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So is all this Cummins stuff... Like is anything going to happen?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So is all this Cummins stuff... Like is anything going to happen?

Lol
Yes, Corbyn will be forced to issue an apology and resign from Parliament.