Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Can’t remember, but I would assume Japanese. I only made it past Volcano Vault once and promptly died. They had Sonic The Fighters there so I mostly just played that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kurieg posted:

They can't port Segasonic because it uses a trackball.

Wish I cared enough to mod my Centipede machine into a SegaSonic one.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I haven't been to SegaWorld London, but I definitely played it somewhere. I also played the arcade release of Sonic 1 that cut out Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone, and for years I wasn't sure if I'd just dreamed it, but apparently it was real, and I'm not crazy.

You can play the arcade version of Sonic 1 in the SEGA AGES version on Switch 🙂

I’ve only been to SegaWorld London once, but it must have been much later because I remember playing Crazi Taxi there.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Segaworld was amazing, my parents took my sonic-obsessed rear end when I was 6 and it was wonderful.

Also Sonic the fighters ruled

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I went to Segaworld Sydney when I was seven while on holiday, and I distinctly remember it having surprisingly little Sonic, and a ton of other Sega IPs that I knew nothing about at the time.

A shame it got demolished, I probably would have appreciated it more as an adult.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Every time I went to Darling Harbour I longed to go to SegaWorld, but I never did.

:smith:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I went to the Sega Republic in the United Arab Emirates once, while it was cool and stuff and had some really killer attractions (full sized Initial D car arcade game experience holy poo poo) but it was more of a theme park than a Japanese arcade that I wanted it to be

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Pom posted:

I went to Segaworld Sydney when I was seven while on holiday, and I distinctly remember it having surprisingly little Sonic, and a ton of other Sega IPs that I knew nothing about at the time.

A shame it got demolished, I probably would have appreciated it more as an adult.

We went to Sega World in Sydney once, when a family my folks chatted to online came over from America.

I remember the vr rides and playing Virtual On, but I don't remember if there was much Sonic there apart from a SatAM based live show that we either missed or wasn't on that day, and getting one of those plush Sonic backpack things.

This is an important cultural artifact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vjUIXqTlRc

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So people keep leaking stuff, when are the actual announcements from Sega coming already?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MatchaZed posted:

So people keep leaking stuff, when are the actual announcements from Sega coming already?

Is there going to be an E3 this year? Maybe they’ll announce something then.

I’m still hoping we’ll be getting a proper new game to go with all this as well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie 2: The Game

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Pants Donkey posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie 2: The Game

In a way, this already happened with Sonic Boom. Will Sonic be the only franchise to do this twice?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1397220919865659410
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1397221240536850435

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Okay, Thursday. Good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SONIC!!!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarioTop5Capi/status/1397224399829413889?s=19

Kind of Colours-esque, but it's an original shot. Could just be a new Colours intro OR MAYBE IT ISN'T.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That forest doesn’t look like any areas from Colors.
But, um, it kinda looks like the forest Sonic is running through in the Sonic Adventure 1 opening... :tinfoil:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad we'll finally be hearing from my friend Sonic again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm glad the comic got its due and was highlighted as a pillar of sonic in that video :unsmith:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

My Roommate Sonic

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/RogerCraigSmith/status/1397582815873490948?s=20

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In honour of Sonic's 30th, here's a photo I found of a bunch of my Sonic poo poo from back in the mid-90s. Judging by the lack of Sonic 3D Blast and some of the Sonic The Comic issues I can see, this was probably early to mid 1996.

Look at those loving Sonic & Knuckles sneakers. Also does anyone know what the big box is with the 'Badge Included' thing on the top right? I don't remember it at all.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 26, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, so it looks like the only VA we’ve actually lost so far is Amy’s (which is kind of a shame as she got a lot better once she dropped the weird Minnie Mouse impression)

They also replaced Knuckles (which is a shame as Travis Willingham was great), Big (whose previous VA I believe only ever got a few voice clips in Colors DS), and Silver (which given some of the recent stuff that’s come out regarding Quinton Flynn is probably for the best) as of Team Sonic Racing.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 26, 2021

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love that John St John got ordained so he could marry people using his Duke voice, and is also okay marrying people using Big's voice after someone asked.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Frankston posted:

In honour of Sonic's 30th, here's a photo I found of a bunch of my Sonic poo poo from back in the mid-90s. Judging by the lack of Sonic 3D Blast and some of the Sonic The Comic issues I can see, this was probably early to mid 1996.

Look at those loving Sonic & Knuckles sneakers. Also does anyone know what the big box is with the 'Badge Included' thing on the top right? I don't remember it at all.

this rules

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is sweet, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't kinda looking forward to Sonic being voiced by Dewey Duck from Ducktales from now on.

Wait could Sega have afforded that?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is sweet, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't kinda looking forward to Sonic being voiced by Dewey Duck from Ducktales from now on.

Wait could Sega have afforded that?

Ben Schwartz is union and probably worth more than Sega would be willing to pay (which is a shame as I actually wouldn’t mind seeing him become Sonic’s official VA)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

huh, that was quick. wonder what changed his mind

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Augus posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I thought I heard Sega didn’t really pay their voice actors all that well.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Looking through RCS's IMDB thinking "Man, how long has it been since we had a really good Sonic game? Generations was great, where's his credit for this?"

I kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling and did ya'll know Sonic Generations was released ten years ago this November?!

:unsmigghh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Looking through RCS's IMDB thinking "Man, how long has it been since we had a really good Sonic game? Generations was great, where's his credit for this?"

I kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling and did ya'll know Sonic Generations was released ten years ago this November?!

:unsmigghh:

Sonic Mania in 2017

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah it was for the 20th anniversary, and it's the 30th this year.

Which means this year we're as far from Sonic 06 as Sonic 06 was from Sonic 1

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Augus posted:

Wait was this whole thing his choice? I thought he (and everyone but Eggman) were being let go?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Wait was this whole thing his choice? I thought he (and everyone but Eggman) were being let go?

Nope, Tails’ VA also later confirmed she was staying on (she just won’t be in the Sonic Prime cartoon since it’s a Canadian production).

As I mentioned, Knuckles, Big , and Silver already got their actors changed as of Team Sonic Racing for whatever reason. Amy’s current VA also said she was leaving but I don’t know if anyone else from the cast has weighed in on this yet.

So yeah, not sure if this was Sega’s decision or that of the individual actors.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it was stated by Roger himself to be a personal decision.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

it was stated by Roger himself to be a personal decision.

Which makes me curious what suddenly changed his mind then (fan support possibly)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Larryb posted:

Which makes me curious what suddenly changed his mind then (fan support possibly)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my guess is they werent paying enough so he felt he had to quit, then fan outcry was enough to get sega to renegotiate and now hes back. i have no evidence to support any of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

This would be a stellar emote