Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Kross is boring. I was hoping he was one of the rumored call ups but guess not

He’s a generic henchman who should be standing behind the champion or a manager acting as a mouthpiece for a stable, nodding along while flexing his arm muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MJeff posted:

HHH going from the heir apparent to basically the entire wrestling industry to pretty much nothing at all in the span of about two years because of two completely unrelated guys that are both named Khan is so incredible to watch happen.

he was the king of kings

when he needed to be the Khan of Khans

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

shiksa posted:

john cena is beholden to the opinions of the government of china because it profits him personally immensely, its actually a fairly capitalistic reason all things considered.

i cant wait to watch triple h try to outcorporate the corporate personified guy who is taking no time at all to mix poo poo up. he'll fail, badly, because like, cmon, but itll be funny to watch from afar.
Let's go back to more innocent times where Cena pretended to be in the US Navy and announced the execution of Osama Bin Laden LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

keithy george posted:

Let's go back to more innocent times where Cena pretended to be in the US Navy and announced the execution of Osama Bin Laden LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW!

I can't believe the poo poo I missed while I wasn't caring about wrestling.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

keithy george posted:

Let's go back to more innocent times where Cena pretended to be in the US Navy and announced the compromising to a permanent end of Osama Bin Laden LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:patriot:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I’m pretty sure Cena ran back out after the show had gone off the air to make that announcement, I specifically remember it only showing up on the internet via somebody in the crowd’s video

In other words he must’ve went backstage and Vince was probably yelling “WE GOT THE SON OF A BITCH” repeatedly and Cena just looking like :confused: until someone was like “we killed bin Laden” and told him to run back out and tell the crowd.

This was still like half an hour after The Rock was like “oh yeah big news about to come out” just before the White House said “President Obama’s gonna make a special address!” and people put together that since nothing awful seemed to have happened to the level of a surprise Presidential address being needed for it, that it had to be something like catching or killing bin Laden.

What a weird, weird night

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Cameo posted:

I’m pretty sure Cena ran back out after the show had gone off the air to make that announcement, I specifically remember it only showing up on the internet via somebody in the crowd’s video

pretty sure they showed it on Raw the next day.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Checking it out, yeah, typing “compromised to a permanent end” actually brings up both videos! The fancam was uploaded on the second and the WWE version was uploaded on the third, so it looks like that’s exactly what they did.

I definitely remember it not being a part of the actual PPV broadcast, although it wouldn’t surprise me if they tacked it onto the end for people who ordered the replay or something and on the DVDs as if it was.

Now I’m flipping through the thread and lol Foochs is the one who tells the thread, and MRT literally found out about it from there. Everyone is like “oh god Cena’s gonna hold the belt until Mania” otherwise, hilarious now considering what happens two months later, and also since nobody expected them to do Twice In A Lifetime

Here's the thread page where the news comes out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3409028&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 26, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: WWE not making new stars, and actively hindering it's performers overness/popularity with the audience

What is the Hall of Fame class going to look like in 10 years? We laughed when also rans like Koko B Ware and Drew Carey got inducted.

But will we see Bad Bunny and Gronk inducted eventually as WWE runs out of people? Or more likely, will we get to see Hall of Fame-er Baron Corbin, and watch as they retcon his "illustrious" career?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hopefully Vince is dead by then so everyone can quietly ignore the Hall of Fame. Or more likely they start doing repeats.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
They'll just do repeats via group inductions. Look forward to Evolution being in the Hall of Fame!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They’ve already started repeats with groups. Hogan went in again with NWO this year

Or was it someone with DX

Who cares

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
2012 was The Four Horsemen (Flair/Arn/Tully/Windham/JJ Dillon)
2918 was Degeneration X (HHH, HBK, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Chyna*)
2020/2021 was The New World Order (Hogan/Hall/Nash/Syxx)

So there are already repeats for Flair, Michaels, Hogan, Hall, and Nash going in individually and also as part of stables. Bret Hart and Booker T are in both as individuals and tag team members.

So the possibilities are endless. Maybe next year's inductees can be Two Dudes With Attitudes, The Two Man Power Trip, and then a couple of Survivor Series teams from the late 80s. Or just constantly troll Sean Waltman by inducting him as part of his tag team with Razor Ramon, X-Factor, The McMahon-Helmsley Facgime, Kane & X-Pac, etc. but never as a singles competitor.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They could start inducting separate gimmicks. So they could get Rock back by inducting him as Rocky Maivia one year, Corporate Champ Rock another year and so on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mick Foley could go in every year til the end of the 20s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Induct matches so John Cena and Randy Orton can be inducted every year

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

They’ll create new categories and start inducting moves, gear and entrances.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They have to run out of nostalgia acts eventually, then the Hall of Fame noms will be dire.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*insert that UUDD convo between Tyler and Xavier here*

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Another thing to note is that wrestlers careers are much longer these days due to a combination of healthier lifestyles, less concussion spots, less drugs, etc.

There’s several people in WWE now like Orton, Miz, Rey, etc. who have had decade-plus careers of consistently working. Compare this to previous stars like Austin whose major run was for what, 4 years?

It feels weird to induct people who are still on TV every week, even if they’re notable.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I honestly surprised that haven't inducted Gronk into the Hall of Fame yet.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kross looks like some stiff who was eliminated first in, say, 2006 Survivor Series.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

I honestly surprised that haven't inducted Gronk into the Hall of Fame yet.

Gronk doesn't exist, he's just a mascot.

https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1235359816236838912

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I think Kross' ring gear with the whole Greek Hoplite thing is an improvement over the generic stuff he wore when he won the NXT title the first time. That's about all I can say tho. He seems like a dude that needs Heyman. Put him with Heyman and let Heyman do the talking, maybe he'd have more aura. I def agree he's got that main roster look to him that Vince will slobber ober.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Seams posted:

They could start inducting separate gimmicks. So they could get Rock back by inducting him as Rocky Maivia one year, Corporate Champ Rock another year and so on.
Yeah the Godfather induction was a dead giveaway, they very conspicuously made no reference to his other gimmicks and I don't think even mentioned his real name. And Scott Hall's first induction was very specific with the "Razor Ramon" verbiage.

It's honestly a bigger knock against the HoF's legitimacy than like Koko B Ware or the "Celebrity Wing" etc. These guys get a night of recognition with their peers but can't even talk about their whole careers openly anymore. Can't imagine how carefully policed these speeches are now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dunne winning that triple threat and then the NXT title would be a big course correction, dude is also a HHH favorite of yore and he'd be a hell of a lot cooler than Killer Karrion Kross

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-womens-tag-team-title-rematch-342211

Bobby Lashley complains about how Drew McIntyre won't leave him alone no matter how many times he loses, Drew says he needs the belt back. Kofi Kingston says he won last week, he deserves the shot, and Drew should go to the back of the line. Adam Pearce announces a #1 contendership match right now
Drew and Kofi fight to a double DQ when Lashley attacks Drew and MVP attacks Kofi. Drew and Kofi fight them off postmatch
Nikki Cross interrupts a conversation between Charlotte and Rhea Ripley and says she could beat either of them. Charlotte says Ripley should have two minutes to beat Nikki, Ripley agrees
Nikki wins a 2-minute Beat the Clock challenge over Ripley when Rhea can't beat Nikki before the time limit ends. Charlotte laughs
Pearce says Drew/Kofi rematch next week. Pearce tells Lashley if him or MVP interfere or are even ringside again, he's suspended 90 days without pay
Charlotte defeats Asuka. Again
Cedric Alexander spends five minutes saying it's okay that he got kicked out of Hurt Business because he's still in his prime with years ahead of him and doesn't need to retire
Cedric defeats Shelton after an eyepoke
Riddle defeats Xavier Woods with an RKO
Jaxson Ryker defeats AJ Styles after Elias interferes. Postmatch Omos chases them both, Elias trips up the ramp and gets tackled nearly through the stage
Sheamus defeats Humberto Carrillo. Postmatch Sheamus kicks his rear end some more, but Ricochet makes the save
Natalya and Tamina retain the women's tag titles over Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax after attempted distraction from Reginald backfires, Shayna tells him to leave, and fire pyro goes off as he goes up the ramp blinding him, letting Natalya roll up Shayna. Shayna checks up on Reginald postmatch, then yells at him and challenges him to a match

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1397602683830239234?s=21

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: WWE not making new stars, and actively hindering it's performers overness/popularity with the audience

What is the Hall of Fame class going to look like in 10 years? We laughed when also rans like Koko B Ware and Drew Carey got inducted.

But will we see Bad Bunny and Gronk inducted eventually as WWE runs out of people? Or more likely, will we get to see Hall of Fame-er Baron Corbin, and watch as they retcon his "illustrious" career?

It's the latter. They're just going to lie and tell you Mandy Rose and Dominik Mysterio were incredible stars.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean WWE already does it with some entries that are boardline anyways so why not go all in?

Now the Observer Hall is going to be the interesting one as the guys with the best shot right now (Orton and Edge) have pretty much ruined their chances of getting in over the next few years. After that who has a real chance? Even NXT guys you might want to sell on work rate have cooled off with the show getting destroyed by AEW. Plus also how are you going to induct an NXT guy in on workrate when Ishii still isn't in the hall....

We may not see a WWE guy in the Observer hall at all over the next 10 years

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hall of Fames are bullshit, op.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean WWE already does it with some entries that are boardline anyways so why not go all in?

Now the Observer Hall is going to be the interesting one as the guys with the best shot right now (Orton and Edge) have pretty much ruined their chances of getting in over the next few years. After that who has a real chance? Even NXT guys you might want to sell on work rate have cooled off with the show getting destroyed by AEW. Plus also how are you going to induct an NXT guy in on workrate when Ishii still isn't in the hall....

We may not see a WWE guy in the Observer hall at all over the next 10 years

I doubt he was getting in anyway but boy did Edge torpedo his case this year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Christian unironically is going to make a better case for himself this year.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

Hall of Fames are bullshit, op.

I agree, remove Kobe.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

Gets funnier everytime.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Thing is I could see votes overlooking the Orton feud cause of Covid messing everything up but the Roman mania feud bombing so bad they had to add Bryan into save it pretty much killed his chances.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am absolutely floored that a show where the main title scenes are Drew/Bobby again, and Rhea/Charlotte where both of them are clear cut heels isn't retaining viewers!

In other news, seems like someone named Jimmy Smith is replacing Adnan Virk as lead commentator. Hopefully he does a better job although I will forever hold a soft spot in my heart for Virk despite him being really bad at commentary.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/jimmy-smith-joining-wwe-raw-announce-team-342406?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 26, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, almost as if running what basically is the same show over and over again for months on end doesn't make people want to watch it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea, almost as if running what basically is the same show over and over again for months on end doesn't make people want to watch it.

Yes but market research says their primary audience gets scared by change and has trouble knowing which year it is. They find all this comforting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

WWE are basically the Harley Davidson of wrestling companies. A heritage brand who are in the control of people who don't actually know their industry and are resolutely marketing to an aging population who were young the last time the company was cool.