Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

MrYenko posted:

(Impala and I think the wagon Roadmasters all got the LT1 though. I don’t know if LT1 was standard on Roadmaster sedans or not.)

When I was looking at that one last year, I learned the LT1 was standard on the Roadmaster in the last three years, IIRC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Roadmaster Limiteds got the LT1.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

According to Wikipedia, both sedan and wagon got the LT1 in 1994.

e: the list of B-platform cars is somewhat unreasonable

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Q_res posted:

Roadmaster Limiteds got the LT1.

all of the estates got it 94-96 IIRC.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

I feel like there are better ways to ask this.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/182355467009310/

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Seems about par for FB marketplace, actually.

Asking unrelated questions on a public forum meant for something else entirely is a long and storied internet tradition.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/medicine-hat/2001-aston-martin-v12-vantage/1568153831

What's the going rate for a kidney these days?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Yeah.... that's the stuff.

How much of a disaster are those things?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That's the fanciest Rx7 I ever seen.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Don’t be silly it’s clearly a 3000GT with a body kit

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I am not an English car person, but I really like that. How horribly unreliable were those things. Like 70s Jag bad or 90s Jag bad?

Those are Ford era too I think?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The V12s I think are bullet proof on it. The electrics and English build quality for the interior might put people off. At least most of the window switches/HVAC can be taken from a Volvo or Ford

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As slow as they are, I can’t imagine a v12 with a stick ever getting cheaper, either.

E: I guess they go for $30k us on BAT, that’s surprising.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 25, 2021

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You Am I posted:

The V12s I think are bullet proof on it. The electrics and English build quality for the interior might put people off. At least most of the window switches/HVAC can be taken from a Volvo or Ford

And so are the pistons and connecting rods since it is sort of two duratecs slapped together.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Well. gently caress.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1991-ford-taurus-sho-plus/1566462968

quote:

Completely original SHO Plus with YAMAHA 3.0L and 5 speed.
Original paint and everything.
Untouched original survivor.
Zero rust. Very clean all round.
Full load with leather.
Comes with aftermarket spoked wheels, as pictured, as well as original white slicer wheels with almost new tires.

$8000 :canada:
90K KMs
:stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I dislike those wheels but otherwise wow

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Good thing for you he has the OEM as well. :buddy:

drat. It's such a good thing I bought that RTX3090 a couple months back and have a 996 in pieces on a quickjack in the garage.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

slidebite posted:

Good thing for you he has the OEM as well. :buddy:

drat. It's such a good thing I bought that RTX3090 a couple months back and have a 996 in pieces on a quickjack in the garage.

Good thing, yeah, you could probably trade that 3090 straight up for the SHO

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Modus Man posted:

:hmmyes:

That SHO owns. Its so mint and well kept from an era of ford. Also jfc never thought I'd say the day that they'd appreciate like that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More possible nu-malaise gold.

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=99276

A lot of poo poo wrong but that should make the price very right.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Modus Man posted:

I should try, but then I couldn't play MSFS :(

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Compare and contrast with that Dakota R/T:

2005 GMC Jimmy
$9,900.00

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cole-harbour/gmc-jimmy/1547864134

Not your average Jimmy! Over $20,000 spent on parts, components, and labour for this customized 4 x 4, which has won lots of trophies. Wheels changed up to brand new 18″ chrome wheels and tires. Brand new winter Tires are put on! Replaced the tail lights, removed all the badges, HIDs in the front, blue LED underglow, strobes in the headlights, cleared the headlight.

Custom grill and bumper inserts, new rancho shocks, removed the roof racks, billet gas door, custom exhaust (tailpipe comes out the center of rear instead of the side).

The truck has also been lowered 3″. Balljoints, rotors, front and rear pads recently replaced, as well as plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, as well as the battery.

Interior plastics are airbrushed in metal look and skull design, interior LED accent lights, clarion DVD deck, all speakers upgraded from factory running on a clarion amp, 2 alpine 12″ subs with a clarion amp each. Two flip down LCD screens in back seat, 19″ LCD in rear hatch, Xbox 360, cap all 0 gauge wire. Carpeted fiberglass box for previously mentioned gear.

Push button start, whistling horn, power door locks added as well as a $600 alarm system.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I noticed while walking the dog that a neighbor a few streets over has a second gen SHO, but weren't those a bit of a shitshow? Something about the V8 not being as good as the V6 was, somehow?

Nebakenezzer posted:

Compare and contrast with that Dakota R/T:

2005 GMC Jimmy
$9,900.00

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cole-harbour/gmc-jimmy/1547864134

Not your average Jimmy! Over $20,000 spent on parts, components, and labour for this customized 4 x 4, which has won lots of trophies. Wheels changed up to brand new 18″ chrome wheels and tires. Brand new winter Tires are put on! Replaced the tail lights, removed all the badges, HIDs in the front, blue LED underglow, strobes in the headlights, cleared the headlight.

Custom grill and bumper inserts, new rancho shocks, removed the roof racks, billet gas door, custom exhaust (tailpipe comes out the center of rear instead of the side).

The truck has also been lowered 3″. Balljoints, rotors, front and rear pads recently replaced, as well as plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, as well as the battery.

Interior plastics are airbrushed in metal look and skull design, interior LED accent lights, clarion DVD deck, all speakers upgraded from factory running on a clarion amp, 2 alpine 12″ subs with a clarion amp each. Two flip down LCD screens in back seat, 19″ LCD in rear hatch, Xbox 360, cap all 0 gauge wire. Carpeted fiberglass box for previously mentioned gear.

Push button start, whistling horn, power door locks added as well as a $600 alarm system.

All that and it still has manual windows, one of the easiest things to change out. And it's squatting like a making GBS threads dog.
Also, put the original grille and wheels back, or at least ones that aren't completely tasteless chrome garbage. Congratulations on integrating a gaming console that is no longer relevant. I'm sure that was the poo poo 10 years ago or whatever. I guess you can't use an Xbox One without a cell modem as well...
That thing just screams aging Gen-X (I should know...)

edit: also, lovely taillights and still cloth seats. Standards must be low at the shows it's "won".

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Darchangel posted:

I noticed while walking the dog that a neighbor a few streets over has a second gen SHO, but weren't those a bit of a shitshow? Something about the V8 not being as good as the V6 was, somehow?

TIL they actually did have a v8 in them. I thought they were all V6s. That's some worthless knowledge but also neat.

Wikipedia posted:

Engine
Main article: Ford SHO V8 engine
A 235 hp (175 kW) aluminum 3.4 L V8 engine with heads from Yamaha and block from Cosworth was specified for the SHO model, but it was given the same four speed transmission as the LX: the manual gearbox option was no longer offered on the SHO.[16] Separation of the camshaft from its sprocket has been implicated in a growing number of engine failures, at around 50,000 miles (80,000 km).[17] This problem can be rectified by having the camshafts welded.[17] The number of engines with failure has been documented at about 1,200 out of about 20,000 engines.[18] Other undocumented cases very likely exist.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Darchangel posted:

The V6 is down right beautiful courtesy of the intake manifold runners.

It's also funny how futuristic looking the Taurus was when it came out, especially compared to its contemporaries (and the LTD it replaced.) There was a reason why it was used in the Robocop movie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The SHO V8 was introduced with the third gen (oval monstrosity) for '96. The 92-95 second gen carried over the V6s, with no manual option after 92 or 93.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

The V6 is down right beautiful courtesy of the intake manifold runners.

It's also funny how futuristic looking the Taurus was when it came out, especially compared to its contemporaries (and the LTD it replaced.) There was a reason why it was used in the Robocop movie.

Yeah, I have an irrational desire for that car. I really have no idea why. Yeah, as far as a Taurus goes I guess it's the best one, but, it's an early 90s ford that isn't a truck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Miss mine. Diff was sort of a weak link in the transaxle if really abused. Had mine chipped, I forget if the redline was raised to 8 or 8.5K on it. Secondaries on it were sublime.

Engine reliable. Timing belt and tappet shims adjustment every 60K miles.

Never did drive a gen 3.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

'01 Mercedes S600 - $1,250 (STATEN ISLAND, NYC)

https://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/d/new-york-01-mercedes-s600/7322775035.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

doooooo ittttttttt

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Godholio posted:

The SHO V8 was introduced with the third gen (oval monstrosity) for '96. The 92-95 second gen carried over the V6s, with no manual option after 92 or 93.

This part isn't actually true. They introduced the automatic for 93 (with a 3.2L version of the V6) but they were sold alongside each other for the remainder of that gen.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

How much could somebody make parting that out?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yess straight pipe dat thing
E: actually it might be already done for you, drive as is

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 26, 2021

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Obligatory video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-iV59F7E7s

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wow I would get it just to do that

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

How have I not seen heard that before?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Wow that owns. OP, if you can afford this poo poo, you know the answer

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

I remember really-young-me seeing my first Taurus wagon and being completely blown away at how cool it looked. It's incredible how the design of the original Taurus didn't start looking out of date until about the mid-2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dang. Cheap V12...