Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

External Organs posted:

Do you think that Charles Martinet and whoever voices Wario / Waluigi have a cold detente or are they definitely cruelly pranking each other all the time.

Charles Martinet voices Wario and Waluigi. But he's a weird dude so probably pranking himself yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

elf help book posted:

Charles Martinet voices Wario and Waluigi. But he's a weird dude so probably pranking himself yeah

Perhaps he has a regular living room and then a warioom for when he feels like plotting against himself. Alas, a Mario divided against himself cannot stand...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Me: I'm not buying a golf game. Golf is dumb.

Nintendo: it has Waluigi

Me: I'm buying a golf game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Golf is dumb but Golf videogames are good

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

elf help book posted:

That Pixar short where the old man is playing chess against himself, but Martinet making Wa-hoos and Waaaas.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

hatty posted:

Same. I have absolutely no interest in playing irl but the genre is great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hatty posted:

True

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't care about golf at all, but knocking a little ball into a hole from hundreds of yards away is fun, and "zany golf" games just amplify the fun as long as the physics engine feels good.

Definitely grabbing Mario golf, as it's the same team that made the great 3DS game. I just hope it's not a rush job like tennis was.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

hatty posted:

Nintendo’s output during the 3DS/Wii U days was definitely more impressive. The supposed strategy of combining the successors of these two systems into the Switch had so much promise.
The real problem with the Wii U/3DS is that all the A-tier stuff Nintendo was doing with their first-party studios was landing on the Wii U which nobody was playing. The 3DS was doing well (after a while) but it was mostly B-tier second-party stuff.

The Switch let them move all the A-tier stuff over to that while they let the B-tier studios (AlphaDream) die.

hatty posted:

Need more smaller 3DS style games like rustys real deal or Pushmo. Where is Warioware goddammit
There's Snipperclips, Good Job!, Part Time UFO, BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!, The Stretchers, etc.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

One time I sat next to Fred durst and Carson Daly. They wouldn't stop arguing about like which one of them was the first to do something or other, I don't remember what.

But when Christina Aguilera asks you if you'll switch seats with her you say yes

Id think this was a humblebrag if only for the fact i cant think of anything id rather do less

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

Id think this was a humblebrag if only for the fact i cant think of anything id rather do less

It's a reference to lyrics in the hit song "The Real Slim Shady" by Marshall "Eminem" Mathers III. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

I wonder if Frolf will come to the Switch

Electromax
May 6, 2007
That Kirby golf game on the SNES is fun. Calling it golf is a stretch I guess... ricochet mini-golf maybe.

I like playing real golf, golf games are fun, and golf games where you simulate swinging a golf club in motion (I've tried several - wii sports, super swing golf 2, hot shots golf on move, everybody's golf VR) are never as good as just using the buttons imo.

e: Frolf on Wii Sports Resort was good however.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

enojy posted:

I don't care about golf at all, but knocking a little ball into a hole from hundreds of yards away is fun, and "zany golf" games just amplify the fun as long as the physics engine feels good.

Definitely grabbing Mario golf, as it's the same team that made the great 3DS game. I just hope it's not a rush job like tennis was.

Oh yeah I have no interest in the sport but years ago picked up Hot Shots Golf 3! for PS2 at Costco as it was very cheap and it became one of my favorites. So relaxing and liked on the very rare occasions I got a hole in one the game auto-saved a video clip.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

A three click swing for golf games really is pretty much perfection and anything else is just trying to reinvent the wheel. Arcadey golf games are fun because they're mostly about doing the physics calculations of lie, wind, landing point, blah blah and then seeing how good or terrible your napkin math was. Trying to emulate a real swing is missing the point entirely. I was always bummed by the shift some games tried to make to the control stick swing scheme. Trying to draw a straight line with a control stick that gives you no feedback, resistance or guidance is absolute rear end.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Electromax posted:

Calling it golf is a stretch I guess...

if you hit a ball into a hole, it's golf

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's a reference to lyrics in the hit song "The Real Slim Shady" by Marshall "Eminem" Mathers III. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Oh sorry, it wasnt about killing his ex or being a lovely father so i didnt realize it was an eminem song

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bleck posted:

*pop*

BOOYAH!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bleck posted:

Using a Balldo is golf.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oh my god

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Disgaea 6 demo is fun so far. Mixed feelings about the 3d graphics, but they're not bad. I can already tell that they prioritized QoL stuff, which is great. Auto-battle! You don't even have to go to the hospital to heal anymore!

...and so far no pervy characters!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I had a grand time with Toadstool Tour on the GC and am looking forward to this. I have played the 3DS one, but not as much as TT. What I've found is that Mario Golf is just realistic enough to hit the sweet spot for me, but Mario Tennis is just not 'sim' enough for my taste.

Edit: Disappointed that the green Koopa Troopa isn't playable in this new golf game. He was my favourite in Toadstool Tour. Worst distance, but by far the best accuracy. No better character for the Birdie Challenge.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 26, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Disgaea 6 demo is fun so far. Mixed feelings about the 3d graphics, but they're not bad. I can already tell that they prioritized QoL stuff, which is great. Auto-battle! You don't even have to go to the hospital to heal anymore!

...and so far no pervy characters!

I am really liking this new game, but I wish I could get it on PlayStation or PC instead. The performance on Switch is really bad. :( If you set it to balance graphics/performance its tolerable, but still shouldn't be this bad.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Libluini posted:

I wonder if Frolf will come to the Switch

Imagine making a post like this and admitting to the whole world that you didn't play Golf Story

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Couldn't figure out what to name Demifiend so I went with God Puncher. Come at me Matador you little punk, I've probably gotten better at SMT since I played this in 08

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bleck posted:

Oh so like pool?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

flavor.flv posted:

Imagine making a post like this and admitting to the whole world that you didn't play Golf Story

I’ll make the regular rebuttal to a golf story mention by saying it’s really very average

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I said come in! posted:

I am really liking this new game, but I wish I could get it on PlayStation or PC instead. The performance on Switch is really bad. :( If you set it to balance graphics/performance its tolerable, but still shouldn't be this bad.

The fact that they have a graphics/performance toggle on a fixed-processing-power export target (the one and only Switch) is a bit shameful.

Still probably gonna get and enjoy the game, but I wish developers took their target specs into better account or earlier in the process or whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why has Nintendo not made a Mario themed Mini Golf game? This feels like a missed opportunity.

The appeal of playing on full golf courses are okay, but there would be so much potential in crazy mini golf holes based on the various mushroom kingdom locations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Golf is just a better game than mini golf, I've never seen a single minigolf game with any kind of depth or longevity. Some Mario Golf courses might as well be 300y minigolf courses though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
There should be a mario wrestling game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hammer Bro. posted:

The fact that they have a graphics/performance toggle on a fixed-processing-power export target (the one and only Switch) is a bit shameful.

Still probably gonna get and enjoy the game, but I wish developers took their target specs into better account or earlier in the process or whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

They made the game with the PlayStation 4 in mind, which is why it's so confusing that America is getting the Switch port only. Hopefully later down the road we will get a PS4 / PS5 enhanced version.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why isn't there a new Kirby TIlt N' Tumble yet?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Bleck posted:

Billiards and 8 ball is basically just indoor golf so this checks out. As is tucking to perform drag.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is skee ball golf?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Augus posted:

is skee ball golf?

Yeah

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Augus posted:

is skee ball golf?

It's only golf if you hit a ball into a hole, not throw it, so skee ball is not golf.

Pinball is golf, though.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Augus posted:

is skee ball golf?

my dad loves golf and this sentiment would drive him nuts so, yes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Skee Ball is gravity playing golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's only golf if you hit a ball into a hole, not throw it, so skee ball is not golf.

Pinball is golf, though.

Disc golf fulfils none of those criteria, but it is unquestionably golf