Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My brother's in-law's complained about a trash program that, while the absolute worst public/private partnership i've seen as an adult, was better than the bullshit that existed before it. They were aggrieved that they would have like... an extra $30 because of the demands of the trash haulers that all multi-family units have their own trash container and bill.

So again... they can afford a 2nd home that they don't live in, and I believe was a duplex. But heaven forbid they lost out on $30-60 of margin a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

RFC2324 posted:

Which is why they are driving me to see radical revolution as the only viable cure, and I absolutely hate that

Oh no embrace it comrade, embrace it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

learnincurve posted:

Oh no embrace it comrade, embrace it.

pretend I posted this person's profile pic in response
https://twitter.com/godlesscommie69

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Oan today, the official report says it’s pish

https://www.taps-aff.co.uk/

the gently caress I were just in whitby with me coat off and it were 9 degrees and blowin a gale.

soft glaswegians

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Meltdown may continuing strong.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
loving LEFTISTS don't want to live in a dystopian nanny-cam state! LIBERAL so obsessed with their constitutional rights! They'll accept a webcam they can cover or turn off when their kids aren't learning but not compulsory recording of every single class? The hypocrisy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broke: nanny state
Bespoke: actual nannies.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1397160335975587844

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Biden could pull a master stroke and offer to buy back any badly hoarded gas at just under current rates and get the local fire service to collect it all safely.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

learnincurve posted:

Biden could pull a master stroke and offer to buy back any badly hoarded gas at just under current rates and get the local fire service to collect it all safely.

They would drink it to own the libs

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

learnincurve posted:

christmas boots posted:

They would drink it to own the libs

All good options.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol. My road trip from NYC to Florida and back in one weekend of back-to-back 17-hour marathon drives went uneventfully, except South Carolina had no gas whatsoever and we had to wardrive at 3AM with GasBuddy in hand making split-second cannonball-run decisions about which exits to try. Once out of the Carolinas in either direction it was smooth sailing

Still catching up on sleep though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bugsy posted:

Meltdown may continuing strong.

I remember reading an article sbout a place that did something similar, I think it was a summer camp, not a school. Can't remember if it was overnight or just day camp. It wasn't a camp for like juvenile delinquents or anything.

Pretty much every child experienced severe psychological distress from being in the panopticon.

Every single study shows a huge part of growing up is being able to define personal boundaries.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Leftists: "we have privacy concerns"

Weirdos: "Oh so you're concerned about US seeing what THE TEACHERS ARE TEACHING huhh???? The teachers shouldn't HAVE privacy!!!!"

Leftists: "Uhhh no the kids' privacy"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Privacy is one of the values they don't want taught :smith:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
People who think of their children as an extension of themselves, instead of small humans with exactly the same desire for freedom and autonomy as big humans shouldn’t be allowed near kids.

Our main job as parents is to stop them doing something stupid and hurting themselves.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Our main job as parents is to stop them doing something stupid and hurting themselves.

And also, knowing when to let them do stupid poo poo and hurt themselves! It's a fine line

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You get them the first bike at 8 years because you know that at 15 it will give them freedom, but you also got to make sure they wear a helmet and check the brakes work because you just know the little sod is immediately going to go as fast as they can the moment the stabilisers come off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1397639841886744576?s=19

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

It's definitely not anti-semitic to compare yourself getting lightly bullied to pogroms and the holocaust. What victim mentality?

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
Cross-posted from the Dumb Marketing Moves thread:

Otana posted:

My local pretzel place is having a bit of drama on social media.

Five minutes later, comments were disabled. Weirdly enough calling out your employees on social media isn't a great look for your business.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

It's definitely not anti-semitic to compare yourself getting lightly bullied to pogroms and the holocaust. What victim mentality?

Oh, it gets worse:

https://twitter.com/trevorjtweets/status/1397643102526005250

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Logging off= committing Digital Suicide. Holy gently caress

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

When I first saw people storming Barlow's replies I wondered how long it would be before she dropped the "Calling me Eve Fartlow is antisemitic actually" bomb.

Turns out what she actually ended up saying is much worse!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Is it too late to rename the Streisand effect?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Is it too late to rename the Streisand effect?

What, like Fartlow Phenomenon? I like it!

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Brawnfire posted:

What, like Fartlow Phenomenon? I like it!

mods please

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The most Normal person having the most Normal experience online, somewhere in a vault in france, that article is preserved in a lead lined cask as the SI standard for Normalcy.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol
https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1397640010791227399

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Josef bugman posted:

Logging off= committing Digital Suicide. Holy gently caress

That Dril tweet makes a lot more sense now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I can't find it now but I swear I saw a tweet calling her Lahavatory

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I can't find it now but I swear I saw a tweet calling her Lahavatory

In the replies of the Brandy Jensen tweet

https://twitter.com/en_ligne_/status/1397644913152512005?s=19

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Fartlow: "My family didn’t survive generations of exile and hold their heads high for this nauseating, inciting, degrading cesspit of Twitter buffoonery."

Her family: *Kapos*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Fartlow: "My family didn’t survive generations of exile and hold their heads high for this nauseating, inciting, degrading cesspit of Twitter buffoonery."

Her family: *Kapos*

I don't think she's even Jewish.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think she is, but whether she is or not it doesn't make the point any less stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

There's probably more Evangelical Christians who mostly support Israel so God can destroy it to bring about the rapture, than there are Jews who support Israel.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think she's evangelical christian either, she's Scottish, they have their own horrible brand of the religion.

Of the ultracalvinist "huddling on a freezing rock in the ocean and having the most miserable sunday possible" variety.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 23:45 on May 26, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think she's evangelical christian either, she's Scottish, they have their own horrible brand of the religion.

Of the ultracalvinist "huddling on a freezing rock in the ocean and having the most miserable sunday possible" variety.

I was just saying that as a general "most people who are super vocal about their support of Israel online aren't Jewish" Tons of support among right wing Hindus, that one is mostly rooted in general Islamaphobia. Huge support in Germany, because of guilt over, well, you know.

Edit: didn't see your edit. Is Scotland really full of Calvinists? I thought they were mostly Catholic, given that they've fought several wars with England over that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skwirl posted:

Edit: didn't see your edit. Is Scotland really full of Calvinists? I thought they were mostly Catholic, given that they've fought several wars with England over that.

The Scottish Reformation was a big thing.

They were not happy when the English tried to impose their own very different type of Protestantism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is like the Telltale Heart version of that dril tweet: tweet

"Antisemites! Dissemble no more! I was mad! There, the hideous posting of the burns! I admit the deed!"