Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that just a cheap rubber mask

don't act like this is your first dance with Agents of SHIELD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

don't act like this is your first dance with Agents of SHIELD
I watched 4 episodes and bailed

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Agents of SHIELD had some pretty astonishingly good effects for a weekly action show. Absorbing Man and Hive come to mind as particularly impressive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Agents of SHIELD had some pretty astonishingly good effects for a weekly action show. Absorbing Man and Hive come to mind as particularly impressive.

True. But there was a lot of cheap poo poo in there along with the good stuff.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Inhumans didn’t have the alpha primitives, but the people with what were deemed to have “lesser mutations” worked in the mines for the rest of their lives, so basically the same thing just not mindless constructs.

The show was laughably tone deaf as our heroes spent most of it struggling to maintain their oppressive status quo. Even if they begrudgingly accept Maximus was right to overthrow them, you still had your “heroes” saying forced servitude was a-ok for the majority of your story.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 26, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sanschel posted:

Inhumans didn’t have the alpha primitives, but the people with what were deemed to have “lesser mutations” worked in the mines for the rest of their lives, so basically the same thing just not mindless constructs.

That seems even worse than making a mindless slave race to me cause the slaves are just people.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The real Deviants are the ones who watched all of The Inhumans

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

The real Deviants are the ones who watched all of The Inhumans

Actually I'm pretty sure Perlmutter is the real deviant.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm glad Anson Mount bounced back from that and is being rad on Star Trek now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe if the series he's supposed to be in ever actually gets off the ground anyways

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Sanschel posted:

Since when are the alpha primitives mindless? The comics have had them attempt to overthrow the caste system multiple times (often as the result of outside manipulation, but still if they were mindless they wouldn't care). I distinctly recall one FF story where an alpha primitive and a pre-Terrigenisis noble fell in love and sought asylum on Earth.

The Inhumans are a terrible concept, at least in any story that doesn't paint them as the bad guys, given all the eugenics apologia that's inherent in the concept.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

maybe if the series he's supposed to be in ever actually gets off the ground anyways

It started production weeks ago.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh really? hadn't heard that. good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're not shooting yet as far as I know but Mount mentioned the bridge set was being reassembled.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sanschel posted:

The show was laughably tone deaf as our heroes spent most of it struggling to maintain their oppressive status quo. Even if they begrudgingly accept Maximus was right to overthrow them, you still had your “heroes” saying forced servitude was a-ok for the majority of your story.

Inhumans felt like it was originally supposed to air 20 years ago after Cleopatra 2525.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Jamesman posted:

Inhumans felt like it was originally supposed to air 20 years ago after Cleopatra 2525.

No, that’s Batwoman.

Batwoman is markedly better than Inhumans.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Inhumans even looked amateur. Like I've seen student films that are better shot and had better effects work than it.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Inhumans even looked amateur. Like I've seen student films that are better shot and had better effects work than it.

I'm pretty sure they made Inhumans just to get Perlmutter off their backs when he started whining about the X-Men. Or maybe as some sort of tax dodge, that makes sense too.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Honestly the only other parts of Inhumans I actually remember were the ridiculous lengths they went to to avoid paying for special effects (Triton is taken out in the first five minutes, Lockjaw gets injured, Medusa’s hair is shaved off, Gorgon wears long pants), some Xorn dude with a black hole for a face or something, and Black Bolt trolling cops.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Look! Everyone's favorite charismatic actor!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1397670327174451205

I guess the huge beard he had in Tenet helped out?

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 26, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He's going to use the same accent he did in Age of Ultron.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think it's worth watching inhumans because it's some of the worst tv I've ever seen, bar none. Is it on Disney plus? I think someone said it's siloed off so you don't see it with the rest of the marvel stuff.

Remember that the first three? Episodes were shown on Imax screens too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Desperado Bones posted:

Look! Everyone's favorite charismatic actor!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1397670327174451205

I guess the huge beard he had in Tenet helped out?

Holy poo poo, this is impressively bad casting

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If he plays Kraven the same as the character he played in Nocturnal Animals I'll see the movie and be satisfied.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Who would be a good choice for Kraven? I don't really understand the concept of a solo Kraven movie to begin with. I'm unsure how you have an interesting movie with him that doesn't have Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who would be a good choice for Kraven? I don't really understand the concept of a solo Kraven movie to begin with. I'm unsure how you have an interesting movie with him that doesn't have Spider-Man.

I mean the "But why?" ship sailed when they greenlit Morbius. Compared to Morbius this is a great idea. And compared to Morbius this is great casting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

NmareBfly posted:

I think it's worth watching inhumans because it's some of the worst tv I've ever seen, bar none. Is it on Disney plus? I think someone said it's siloed off so you don't see it with the rest of the marvel stuff.

Remember that the first three? Episodes were shown on Imax screens too.

I think you do have to actually go looking for it. I couldn't make it past through the first episode. Lockjaw was fun and it was funny to see them go 'Medusa's power is hair we don't have money for hair power buzzcut her' but it's just... really bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

X-O posted:

I mean the "But why?" ship sailed when they greenlit Morbius. Compared to Morbius this is a great idea. And compared to Morbius this is great casting.
Isn't Morbius more of a character though? I know he has appeared a ton of Spidey stuff as kind of an anti-hero. Kraven's just a big game hunter most of the time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah at least Morbius has had several solo series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah but nobody gives a poo poo about Morbius. People actually like Kraven.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All I know is we better get the Kra-Van.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arist posted:

Holy poo poo, this is impressively bad casting

not an emptyquote

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

I am here once again reminding everyone Nic Cage is the only true choice for Kraven.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

Yeah but nobody gives a poo poo about Morbius. People actually like Kraven.

Who has cared about kraven since the seventies when he died and should have stayed dead? Like yeah he's cool, but no one is super into kraven. Like no one is super into the Scorpion or whatever. He had one great story fifty years ago.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who has cared about kraven since the seventies when he died and should have stayed dead?

Squirrel Girl fans?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Squirrel Girl fans?

He was fun in that but like, that's clearly not the kraven they're going to make a big budget movie about.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
People keep recommending Jemaine Clement as Kraven and I honestly can’t think of a more perfect actor for the role.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vince MechMahon posted:

He was fun in that but like, that's clearly not the kraven they're going to make a big budget movie about.

yeah cuz sony is staffed by complete morons

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

yeah cuz sony is staffed by complete morons

Absolutely. We've all read the leaked emails from back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

FlamingLiberal posted:

Every comic book guy should be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.