Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
$TPGY deal is now up in the air, definitely a risk now. DAs aren't written in stone!

https://twitter.com/RonnieKStocks/status/1394426692727451649?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I read the OP

What's the difference between SRNG on Robinhood and SRNGU? Did SRNGU "split" and the resulting units became shares of SRNG

If SRNG is $9.95 and units return $10 to the holder if/when the merger fails, why is it trading below $10.00? Just people want to get out of it on favor of a > 0.5% gain elsewhere?

SRNG is going to take at least 8 months to get the merger completed, probably, right

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 18, 2021

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
SRNG is the common share with a $10 NAV. SRNGU is the unit, which is a common plus a 1/5 warrant. So every 5 units will get you one free warrant if you call your broker and split the lot. There may be a few depending on your broker, your portfolio size, or your ability to sweettalk.

SRNG has a signed DA with Ginkgo Bioworks so the deal will probably get done in the next 3-6 months.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So Robinhood is just selling the common, and hanging on to the warrants for funsies?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

the cheaper brokers (webull is the same) don't hold on to anything, they just forbid the trading of Units and Warrants entirely, to avoid the complications around splitting/redeeming I assume

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if posted already:

pre:
05/17/21 12:40:07

Arya Sciences Acquisition Corp. III stockholders will be asked to consider and
vote upon a proposal to approve and adopt the agreement and plan of merger by
and between ARYA, Mako Merger Sub, Incorporated and Nautilus Biotechnology,
Incorporated at the special meeting, to be held on 06/08/2021.

Arya Sciences Acquisition Corp. III is offering you the right to redeem your
shares for cash. The approximate price per share is $10.00, as disclosed in
the proxy statement.

If you wish to exercise your redemption rights you must:

1. Submit a tender instruction

You are encouraged to check the market price for this security before
redeeming

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3698340-robotic-surgery-firm-memic-is-said-in-talks-to-go-public-through-spac

quote:

Robotic-surgery firm Memic Innovative Surgery is said in talks to go public through a deal with SPAC Med Tech Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:MTAC)
Terms of the deal couldn't immediately be learned, according to a Bloomberg report.
Memic closed a $96M Series D financing round in April, which was led by Peregrine Ventures and Ceros with participation from OurCrowd and Accelmed.
Memic has headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel as well as a wholly owned subsidiary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Memic appears to compete with publicly traded Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG).
Med Tech Acquisition gained 1.9%.
Last month, Bill Gates-backed Vicarious Surgical agreed to a deal to go public via $1.1B SPAC deal with D8 Holdings (NYSE:DEH).

I missed this news 5 days ago apparently, or rather this seemingly unsubstantiated rumor? Figuring I'll keep sitting and waiting over here, but if ya'll have any thoughts on the deal I'm all ears.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Quietly liquidating my warrants on green days now. Stilling mulling what to do with all these sub-$10 commons though.

Don't want to take the L when waiting theoretically at least gets you to the $10 floor, but simple index funds are up like 10+% since the SPAC crash and not rotating out is starting to seem dumb. (Plus I just don't want to have to pay attention anymore if there are no returns to be had here.)

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Yeah, NAV + interest limits the risk of investing in SPAC commons, but it is still not zero risk as there's always the opportunity cost of staying flat for months or a year+ when that money could be invested elsewhere. If you're no longer interested in holding a given SPAC for the potential lottery-pop, in my mind it would have to be significantly below $10 or very close to redemption time for me to consider holding for redemption rather than selling and investing in something else (though I suppose the size of the position would influence this decision a bit as well).

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Splinter posted:

Yeah, NAV + interest limits the risk of investing in SPAC commons, but it is still not zero risk as there's always the opportunity cost of staying flat for months or a year+ when that money could be invested elsewhere. If you're no longer interested in holding a given SPAC for the potential lottery-pop, in my mind it would have to be significantly below $10 or very close to redemption time for me to consider holding for redemption rather than selling and investing in something else (though I suppose the size of the position would influence this decision a bit as well).

I have been keeping my free cash in under NAV SPACs, I can sell when I need but also have to potential for something to pop.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

tangy yet delightful posted:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3698340-robotic-surgery-firm-memic-is-said-in-talks-to-go-public-through-spac
I missed this news 5 days ago apparently, or rather this seemingly unsubstantiated rumor? Figuring I'll keep sitting and waiting over here, but if ya'll have any thoughts on the deal I'm all ears.
I managed to sell my remainder at 9.96 today. The main pop on the news/rumor went vriefly over 10 but it looked like it lasted maybe 10 minutes after opening, and I was asleep for it.
A friend works at a different robotic surgery company that's been in the business for a long time. When I looked them up it seemed like there was a lot of controversy around it because their systems were extremely expensive and hyped but actual outcomes didn't seem to be any better. That may be outdated now though.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Anyone know off the top of their head if the following SPACS are worthless or not?

FGNA
FPAC
CRHC
SCVX

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm holding ASZ AVAN CPUH CRHC GSAH HERA PRPB as those are the big-trust SPACs with experienced sponsors that I believe can land a good target at a good valuation in this market. And they can bring along a PIPE if necessary.

The only post-DA I'm still holding is SEAH because their revenue and comps are crazy good and they're still priced at NAV.

It's very quiet and boring right now if you're not willing to chase or gamble.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Anyone know off the top of their head if SPACS are worthless or not?

That's the question we've all been wondering for a couple months now

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I am willing to gamble.

IPOE is great. Leaps have really low IV and function as excess leverage.

I'm loving furious at the turd that is ASTS.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Zypher posted:

That's the question we've all been wondering for a couple months now

Sure seems like I bought in at the peak of hype 😂

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
I tried to buy SPCX calls but they're "closing only". Is the ETF going to disappear?

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

GrandmaParty posted:

I am willing to gamble.

IPOE is great. Leaps have really low IV and function as excess leverage.

I'm loving furious at the turd that is ASTS.

Am I seeing right that the $7.5 and $10 have a slightly neg IV? Couldn't I just buy and redeem 1 for a quick $10?

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
I'm in KVSC, HAAC, CBAH, and REVH as long-term holds for my gambling account. These are SPACs that are supposedly "investor friendly." Their promote structures are tied to the long-term performance of the stock post merger. So the management team will have to "earn" their promote by supporting the success of the target company. They also have great management teams. But who knows. I'm sure I'm gonna end up holding some bags on at least one (or all) of these.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I'm still in some fatties like IPOD, IPOF, PSTH, SNPR and some really early plays SPAQ, DHHC, CVII, SCLE. This is after liquidating a bunch of crap.

Should have bought bitcoin.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SPAC In Black: Should have bought Bitcoins

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

My merrill account still shows IPOE in holdings, is there some process to switch over to SOFI that I missed?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah what the hell is this. I was promised amazing gainzzz :argh:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

mischief posted:

My merrill account still shows IPOE in holdings, is there some process to switch over to SOFI that I missed?

It should make the switch automatically; there's nothing you need to do to initiate a switch. Some brokers just take longer than others

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mischief posted:

Might be up to a week, Merrill doesn't charge for forced changes (SPAC merging should be considered forced but I haven't held during a merge).

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

sitting on 200 IPOF july contracts

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

pixaal posted:

Might be up to a week, Merrill doesn't charge for forced changes (SPAC merging should be considered forced but I haven't held during a merge).

It switched over yesterday, ran up a little bit, now it's back around where it was as IPOE.

So my dumbass bought some IPOF.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

lol I would have lost so much more money if I did this, I couldn't afford a Nintendo

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Aaaanybody have PSTH?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Watching the toxic psth culture melt down is delicious

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

LibCrusher posted:

Aaaanybody have PSTH?

Tons. The after hours are panicking about a deal they don't yet have the terms for.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Not a very sexy target. But my cost basis is $22.70, so I am still narrowly in the green AH...

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

LibCrusher posted:

Aaaanybody have PSTH?

Welp, if there's anything nerds hate more than wall street shorting their childhood (GME), it's investing in SPACs that support the people who killed napster/audiogalaxy/limewire/filesharing. I'm out of PSTH, gently caress Universal Music Group, eat poo poo

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

WHAT THE gently caress DOES THAT MEAN BILL?!?

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1400601886470938624?s=20

(It might be a reference to PSTH giving holders subscription rights to PSTH 2)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

GrandmaParty posted:

Watching the toxic psth culture melt down is delicious

:emptyquote:

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Am I wrong in thinking it's actually a decent target for long-term gains? Assuming the numbers are decent, UMG seems to have good financials from what I could see in a quick search.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

ExxonMobil is profitable, but at what cost to humanity? I'll see you in hell, mf

Music industry is at best a value stock, certainly not a growth stock, at least not long term. If you're buying it for the short term SPAC pop, maybe. It's interesting to see the entire music industry valued at $40 billion, whereas Teledoc, a single healthcare company, or really, a fragment of one, waiting to be aquired, is worth $30 billion. I can't imagine investing in a fraction of the music industry in TYOOL 2021. The only people profiting off this deal is the board of UMG

I spent too many hours reading too much spilt ink about copyright and artists' compensation to put that blood on my hands

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol you're investing in the stock market and your personal investments are not even big enough to be a rounding error

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox posted:

(It might be a reference to PSTH giving holders subscription rights to PSTH 2)

I guess that's the case, sort of...

This is such a weird deal. Almost like Ackman realized that PSTH was too large and couldn't close on anything that actually needed the money here in 2021.

So now if you hold through the merger you'll own some UMG, stub shares of PSTH, adjusted PSTH warrants (or not), and this SPARC stuff.

It's going to be fun trying to figure out what all that is worth. I can definitely see the temptation to just take the $22.60 and run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

dalstrs posted:

Am I wrong in thinking it's actually a decent target for long-term gains? Assuming the numbers are decent, UMG seems to have good financials from what I could see in a quick search.

The SPAC game isn't about long-term value investing though. Might as well just buy index funds. In the abstract I think all the measures Ackman is employing to prevent people from just dumping stocks are interesting, but this deal is stupidly complicated and who the gently caress knows how to value all the pieces. It's not bullish I know that much!

Also lol at the idea of someone holding PSTH in a poo poo brokerage like Robinhood. No way they're able to handle pre-IPO shares on a European exchange, warrants (which can't be exchanged?), SPARC offerings...