Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

smellmycheese posted:

In other “terrible films made by idiots” news

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1397561138263515136

When I worked for universities, if we applied for research grants of any size - like 20K dollars even - we had to say what it was for, what it would achieve, how we would spend it, a schedule, outcomes, milestones, make progress reports, etc.

Drop a billion on making a film, and they just shrug and wing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

perhaps you should shut the gently caress up if you haven’t watched the movie lol

Go gently caress yourself I was literally talking about the RLM review you illiterate scumbag

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I had no idea about this fortnite message! How is this real? What was anyone thinking?

Tim Sweeney is obsessed with Snow Crash and is trying to turn Fortnite into the Metaverse

https://twitter.com/Enthed/status/806566329293664256?s=20

he literally testified to it in court
https://twitter.com/zeanes/status/1389290862161575939?s=20

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

KomradeX posted:

Go gently caress yourself I was literally talking about the RLM review you illiterate scumbag

watch a movie, lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yes, watch Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack(1987)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

nonathlon posted:

When I worked for universities, if we applied for research grants of any size - like 20K dollars even - we had to say what it was for, what it would achieve, how we would spend it, a schedule, outcomes, milestones, make progress reports, etc.

Drop a billion on making a film, and they just shrug and wing it.

I've worked in the private sector; they expect results.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can think of better ways to spend two and a half hours. Maybe I'll watch Uncut Gems again.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I've worked in the private sector; they expect results.

quite possibly the funniest line in Ghostbusters that isn’t “Yes, it’s true. This man has no dick.”

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

something gross about Army of the Dead is that Snyder tries to make it look like the zombies are organizing a new rational society based on rape? forced assimilation?

involuntarily becoming a zombie and then getting impregnated by an undead corpse is not a mistakes-into-miracles situation

Are we seriously calling the zombification thing rape now?

In the film there's one zombie lady that's clearly into one zombie dude, the implication being they hosed and had a zombie baby. Consentual zombie sex isn't rape. Gross, maybe, but not rape.

KomradeX posted:

No, you were talking about the movie using the RLM review as a proxy, which is lame.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McCloud posted:

In the film there's one zombie lady that's clearly into one zombie dude, the implication being they hosed and had a zombie baby. Consentual zombie sex isn't rape. Gross, maybe, but not rape.
No, you were talking about the movie using the RLM review as a proxy, which is lame.

There's an implication that the chief zombie holds female humans prisoner until he has time to zombie kill them and have sex with them , it's unclear on the order of operations there

There's no other way to interpret zombie baby + captive women to be cohesive.

Frankly I think it isn't supposed to be cohesive and that Snyder thinks zombie babies are cool and has the alive captives as a plot device and there's no need to think it through further

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

McCloud posted:

snyder explicitly said it was zombie rape in an interview. in the movie it doesnt really come across well enough because the script is a mess

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

KomradeX posted:

In the review it looks like several scenes are almost lifted directly from the movie, only you know worse because James Cameron is a good director. Christ there's evwn been the pictures of that one member of the crew who looks just like Vazquez. It seems to be drawing heavily from the Alien formula. That's the impression I got from the review.

Also the editing was extremely lazy because one of the cameras he used apparently had some dead pixels

The movie is definitely a "homage" to Aliens.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

babypolis posted:

snyder explicitly said it was zombie rape in an interview. in the movie it doesnt really come across well enough because the script is a mess

Oh wait, snyder said they rape the human woman then turn her into a zombie so the baby comes out zombie?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
none of that is even hinted at in the movie. he keeps those women there and then takes them away one by one. I imagined to get a new queen. i didn't realize he was raping them before turning them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Judakel posted:

The movie is definitely a "homage" to Aliens.

It's actually a homage to Carnosaur 2.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

There's an implication that the chief zombie holds female humans prisoner until he has time to zombie kill them and have sex with them , it's unclear on the order of operations there

There's no other way to interpret zombie baby + captive women to be cohesive.

Frankly I think it isn't supposed to be cohesive and that Snyder thinks zombie babies are cool and has the alive captives as a plot device and there's no need to think it through further

No, there is in fact no such implication. There was a single zombie lady that was pregnant, and she and the lead zombie were clearly infatuated with each other. There is no indication any other zombie ladies are pregnant, or that the lead zombie is having sex with them, other than the one you yourself inferred. The blond french lady mentions that they hold people prisoners, and tells about the time a male was kept prisoner in the exact same way, so unless you think they were saving him for some zombie gangrape, your inferrence doesn't hold out.

babypolis posted:

This is what Snyder explicitly said

"I believe that some zombie love happened, some sweet zombie lovemaking,” he said. “I don’t know if it was sweet. It was probably pretty aggressive.” Snyder added that the zombie baby was proof that the alphas are evolving beyond the need for humans as meat or fodder to create more alphas."

That's the literal quote. What you got out of that is that it was Zombie rape, which is a leap to say the least, and outright counter to what he says

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Snyder is saying that after being kidnapped and forced to become zombie it's ok to get hosed by the zombie that turned you, how is that not rape

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McCloud posted:

No, there is in fact no such implication. There was a single zombie lady that was pregnant, and she and the lead zombie were clearly infatuated with each other. There is no indication any other zombie ladies are pregnant, or that the lead zombie is having sex with them, other than the one you yourself inferred. The blond french lady mentions that they hold people prisoners, and tells about the time a male was kept prisoner in the exact same way, so unless you think they were saving him for some zombie gangrape, your inferrence doesn't hold out.

"I believe that some zombie love happened, some sweet zombie lovemaking,” he said. “I don’t know if it was sweet. It was probably pretty aggressive.” Snyder added that the zombie baby was proof that the alphas are evolving beyond the need for humans as meat or fodder to create more alphas."

That's the literal quote. What you got out of that is that it was Zombie rape, which is a leap to say the least, and outright counter to what he says
I forgot about the male prisoner , woops. Well that's good then that it really is just a plot device to further the father/daughter relationship

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
maybe the zombie queen had a corpse fetish when she was human

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Can zombies consent, the greatest thread in forums history closed after 17000 pages of spirited debate

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
guess i don't need to watch that.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't consent to being murdered by zombies

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

Snyder is saying that after being kidnapped and forced to become zombie it's ok to get hosed by the zombie that turned you, how is that not rape

Because the Zombie is still its own person. It didn't get hosed against their will.

The Zombies are sentient, aware and formed their own society. Unless you're arguing that the zombie process itself is rape then that doesn't apply.

Also again, the kidnapped people didn't get hosed. There is only one person who we know had zombie sex, and that person was turned during the events at the opening of the film

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

McCloud posted:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Details-Zack-Snyder-Army-Dead-Reveal-Rapey-Zombies-27174.html

"There's an extra dimension to this zombie film, because they…. they…. I'm still wondering if I should tell this…. the male zombies rape human females. Yes. And they have human hybrid zombie offsprings. It's a new take on the zombie genre, which is crazy."

snyder didnt say that tho, its the director. so my bad there. but the point still stands

babypolis has issued a correction as of 00:11 on May 27, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

Because the Zombie is still its own person. It didn't get hosed against their will.

The Zombies are sentient, aware and formed their own society. Unless you're arguing that the zombie process itself is rape then that doesn't apply.

Also again, the kidnapped people didn't get hosed. There is only one person who we know had zombie sex, and that person was turned during the events at the opening of the film

zombies are not people, snyder freak

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

babypolis posted:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Details-Zack-Snyder-Army-Dead-Reveal-Rapey-Zombies-27174.html

"There's an extra dimension to this zombie film, because they…. they…. I'm still wondering if I should tell this…. the male zombies rape human females. Yes. And they have human hybrid zombie offsprings. It's a new take on the zombie genre, which is crazy."

lmao mccloud go back to cinemadiscusso you bozo

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zombie movies seem to function under those "team hide and go seek" rules where one person is "it" and each person they catch also becomes "it". You don't often see a lot of games where people switch teams and then embrace their new roles because they lost, but when it happens...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
wow this is going to be some great pop culture discourse

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

babypolis posted:

snyder didnt say that tho, its the director. so my bad there. but the point still stands

it's an article from 2011 in which a previously attached director is talking about what would have been in a film that stalled production in 2008. not snyder, not this film. the rest of this discussion is extremely gross and extremely stupid, signing my post here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dreylad posted:

wow this is going to be some great pop culture discourse

We are all biding our time til the cinema event of the year - Fast and furious 9

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

it's an article from 2011 in which a previously attached director is talking about what would have been in a film that stalled production in 2008. not snyder, not this film. the rest of this discussion is extremely gross and extremely stupid, signing my post here

please don't excuse this

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

babypolis posted:

It sounds like this was in an earlier draft of the script, since the plot as described isn't quite accurate (he's not trying to "free his daughter from the quarantine zone.")

But this disturbs me for another reason: If the script went through drafts, that means the dialogue in its final form is after revisions.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

josh04 posted:

i mean the plot element of zombies impregnating ladies is still there in the loving movie. it also explains why the women are kidnapped and then mysteriously not eaten. so it cannot be that far off from the original idea, all debates about zombie free will aside

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

babypolis posted:

PUBLISHED: OCT. 5. 2011 10:50 PM

Also, that's not the director saying it. The director is Zack Snyder. That was the previous director of the film. Meanwhile the interview i posted was from 2 days ago. So no, your point doesn't stand at all. It's lying dead on the ground, with no legs.

Edit: Beaten

McCloud has issued a correction as of 00:23 on May 27, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Can zombies consent, the greatest thread in forums history closed after 17000 pages of spirited debate

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Does being undead cause problematic age gaps

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

you bet

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

A 1000 year old zombie doing the nasty with a 100 year old zombie is absolutely a problem attic

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
why do you think vampires are always trying to turn teens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Sure, she was 16 when she died, but she was dead for 5 years before she rose as a zombie so technically she's 21"