Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
bill russell played against plumbers and wilt chamberlain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jay hornacek

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he beat wilt all the time so he was oribably good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
and only hosed FIVE thousand women. smh. is this your king

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

no

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Wilt threw those games as tribute for Bill having to play in Boston

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i've also been watching a bunch of old larry bird clips and dude had insane game sense and vision just made the most loving insane passes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no one asks how many women Shawn bradley hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dunked on you in the court of logic

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
bill lambeer is probably in my top 15 too based on how much fun i had play combat basketball for the snes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i've also been watching a bunch of old larry bird clips and dude had insane game sense and vision just made the most loving insane passes

yeah Bird rules I understand the instinctive reaction to want to devalue white guys in response to perceived overratedness but Bird fuckin cooked

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

I dunked on you in the court of logic

dunk deez nuts in your mouth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

indigi posted:

yeah Bird rules I understand the instinctive reaction to want to devalue white guys in response to perceived overratedness but Bird fuckin cooked

my dad used to go see the celtics all the time in that era and it's fun to hear about and see pictures he took from the nosebleeds and stuff

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

yeah he was good

if he played today he’s be even more unstoppable

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

imagine a dude with a dirty blonde stache and the shortest shorts absolutely embarassing you, it' d be demoralizing and he was a known trash talker

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
donovan mitchell is really good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how about this attempt by ja

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1397751181699596290?s=21

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

Jazz are frauds and will also lose game two.

Got no grit. Got no grind.

Yossarian-22 posted:

If mitchell is even 80% the grizz will be toast

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i like the grizzlies but they are really outmatched here and brooks and jonas getting in foul trouble early really curtailed their chances

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If the Grizzlies had some players who could shoot they would probably be "good".

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

bill russell has to be top 5 just for labor relations alone

A win against capital only counts as ONE net win. And though Bill Russell won many championships, we have to look at his overall WINS.

However, for sake of this argument, we can count WINS as a coach, just to be fair.

This leaves us with the below as the TOP NBA BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF ALL TIME:

1 - Don Nelson
2 - Lenny Wilkens
3 - GREGG POPOVICH (*ACTIVE AND BALLING OUT)
4 - Jerry Sloan
5 - Pat Riley

If you must know, Bill Russell sits before NBA LUMINARY AND ACTIVE PLAYER: Doc Rivers

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

with jamal murray/cp3 getting injured and the clippers stinking it the gently caress up i honestly think the jazz are probably the only team with a real shot of beating the lakers in the west. the east is way more interesting this year with the bucks/76ers/nets all in it

lakers/nets has an aura of inevitability to it and the jazz remind me of the 2002 kings where they probably are the best overall team in the west but will somehow get screwed over by refs due to being a small market franchise. part of me wants a utah/bucks final just because it would hurt the nba's business so much but i know that can't happen because of the bilderbergs and the freemasons

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Derrick Rose is BACK

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

with jamal murray/cp3 getting injured and the clippers stinking it the gently caress up i honestly think the jazz are probably the only team with a real shot of beating the lakers in the west. the east is way more interesting this year with the bucks/76ers/nets all in it

lakers/nets has an aura of inevitability to it and the jazz remind me of the 2002 kings where they probably are the best overall team in the west but will somehow get screwed over by refs due to being a small market franchise. part of me wants a utah/bucks final just because it would hurt the nba's business so much but i know that can't happen because of the bilderbergs and the freemasons

AD is going to draw a whistle every time he gets denied by Gobert, which will be happening a lot. It's going to suck. Utah is still so much better on the perimeter that they might just shoot their way through it anyway.

Clips could also still beat the Mavs, I doubt the Mavs can keep hitting 50% of their threes, which is how they've been able to open up their leads. The Clips have more talent and Kawhi is playing well. Anything could happen there, the Mavs haven't been the image of consistency in the past.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol right when i say that the grizz have an insane comeback. i might have to eat poo poo???

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
tbh if I was Rudy Gobert I would find the MVP chant for Donovan Mitchell actually personally insulting

guy missed the last month+ of the season

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Actual top 5 all time:

1. LeBron
2. Jabbar
3. MJ
4. Wilt
5. David Robinson

If Robinson had Manu/Parker/Popovich instead of Sean Elliot and Avery Johnson he would have won like eight championships. 3.6 blocks and 1.7 steals averaged during his peak years and insane offensive efficiency. It's only because of rings that Duncan overshadows him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

east is a crap shoot

nets bucks sixers all playing really well imho . I think the sixers have a smooth ride to the ECF but are the nets bucks set up to play each other next round ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am fully BACk on the Ben Simmons band wagen again

until they lose to the nets

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ben Simmons played very well last night. Also its funny but Tobias Harris has become the most important player on the team. They lose every game he doesn't play well imo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1397752127120805893?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

I know this is veering into great man theory but I don’t think LeBron James needs ref help to go super sayian and win a series at any time. he’ll get ref help obviously but I don’t think it’ll be more than his usual amount

awesome dunk blocks are so much more rare and in some ways more impressive than someone getting posterized but it’s just not as visually compelling and will never get the credit it deserves

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

watching it its an offensive foul on Ja (one that they never call so not really i guess)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I know this is veering into great man theory but I don’t think LeBron James needs ref help to go super sayian and win a series at any time. he’ll get ref help obviously but I don’t think it’ll be more than his usual amount

He doesn't get as many calls as he used to anyway because he's adjusted to become more of a shooter/passer than a rim attacker. Probably pretty necessary at age 37. He'll get a whistle every time he does attack the rim and finds any contact whatsoever, though.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Pop for President, imho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dont think old liberals are the answer atm , respectfully.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

I dont think old liberals are the answer atm , respectfully.

I’d settle for a principled liberal like Pop or Bernie over somebody like Biden. although Bernie rolled over like a dog so who knows. I feel like Pop has more spine though

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Obviously our problems will not be solved through electorialism, but we're probably going to keep having presidents and Pop would be a sick one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nikosoft posted:

Obviously our problems will not be solved through electorialism, but we're probably going to keep having presidents and Pop would be a sick one

fair neough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what games are happening tonight