Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kraven should be Oded Fehr but 20 years ago. I guess they could use that de aging thing on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If we can get a movie about a young Cruella de Vil who wants to grow up and skin puppies then I guess a movie can work about a Russian aristocrat who wants to be able to uppercut safari animals.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

https://twitter.com/Eternalsupdate/status/1397553435650793473

Kumail re-tweeted this, so I guess this is indeed correct in how the Deviants will kinda look like? CGI- hopefully cool looking- monsters? I dunno poo poo about Eternals anyways.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Desperado Bones posted:

Kumail re-tweeted this, so I guess this is indeed correct in how the Deviants will kinda look like? CGI- hopefully cool looking- monsters? I dunno poo poo about Eternals anyways.

The little bit of th deviant looks like a transformer lol

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Every comic book guy should be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

That was my first thought too. Second is Javier Bardem.

My initial expectations for Spider-Man 3 was that Kraven would be one of the villains in the movie, with Scorpion being the main one.

But instead they're doing some weird multiverse thing which I AM down for, but I'm also wondering if it will tie in at all to the previous movies or if they're just gonna ignore all that in favor of Spider-Man going a trip through realities.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like ATJ well enough, hopefully this Kraven film is modeled off the Kate Beqton strips.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Desperado Bones posted:

The lego stuff that is coming out showed pretty much the same thing, but with a few different forms

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Deviants are a bunch of Kirby monsters, with a few looking human enough to spout Kirby/Lee style villain dialogue. At least initially.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Phylodox posted:

People keep recommending Jemaine Clement as Kraven and I honestly can’t think of a more perfect actor for the role.

Jason Mantzoukas doing a faux Russian accent.
That's your Kraven.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Desperado Bones posted:

Look! Everyone's favorite charismatic actor!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1397670327174451205

I guess the huge beard he had in Tenet helped out?

Every time I read this guys name, I am disappointed that it's not Anna Taylor-Joy.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Desperado Bones posted:

Look! Everyone's favorite charismatic actor!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1397670327174451205

I guess the huge beard he had in Tenet helped out?

At a glance I thought this was Tom Hardy. Let's just do that: cast Tom Hardy as the lead in every Spider-Manless Spider-man spin-off film.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JordanKai posted:

At a glance I thought this was Tom Hardy. Let's just do that: cast Tom Hardy as the lead in every Spider-Manless Spider-man spin-off film.

Just imagine the goofy rear end voice he'd have come up with for Morbius.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

X-O posted:

In my head it's Woody Allen with a hint of Eurotrash

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't hate the choice I guess but is ATJ the best pick for a solo movie? Tom Hardy is a bonafide leading man and Venom is obviously insanely popular so that wasn't a hard sell but a Kraven movie, without Spider-Man, starring him, seems like it's in an uphill battle. Maybe there'll be a stellar supporting cast?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would sign up if Kraven had to hunt all of Spider-Man’s animal themed adversaries

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would sign up if Kraven had to hunt all of Spider-Man’s animal themed adversaries

I feel like that happened in Fraction's Punisher run

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

1. Vulture

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So like...are Morbius and Kraven going to be in the same universe as Venom at least? The Fringe Spider-Man Universe.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yet again Hwood throwing franchises to a non descript uninteresting tall white dude.

Once Kraven crashes he'll just helm the next big thing whatever

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lobok posted:

1. Vulture

Rhino, Lizard

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SonicRulez posted:

So like...are Morbius and Kraven going to be in the same universe as Venom at least? The Fringe Spider-Man Universe.

Kraven would wear fringe. Morbius is more of a ripped or tattered fabric kind of guy.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rhino, Lizard

I mean Tom Holland's Spider-Man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lobok posted:

1. Vulture
They introduced Mac Gargan so maybe Scorpion?

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rhino, Lizard

Scorpion
Stegron
Man-Wolf
Morbius got his power from bats
Black Cat, Chameleon, and Doctor Octopus if you really want to stretch
Jamie Foxx Electro was powered by electric eels, so sure why not

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

They introduced Mac Gargan so maybe Scorpion?

If he gets created and fights Spider-Man in No Way Home, yeah.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hmmmmm. Aristocratic Russian big game hunter. It's too bad Sean Connery is dead. He has a bit of experience of playing Russians with a certain honour.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Madkal posted:

Hmmmmm. Aristocratic Russian big game hunter. It's too bad Sean Connery is dead. He has a bit of experience of playing Russians with a certain honour.

And a big game hunter in LXG!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea but you need to be able to rock a vest made of a lions head, no shirt and tiger stripe leggings.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Jemaine Clement was right there, you cowards

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Karen the Shopper

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So Synder stuff was trending on Twitter again after his appearance on Colbert. Did anyone see it?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

X-O posted:

He could just recycle his Bane voice. "I want your plasma to help me live."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Twitter's saying there's gonna be a Joker 2 but the only source I can find is a Screenrant article that refers to a THR report I can't find any actual evidence of, so I'm skeptical. Anyway, I hope it's fake, both because a Joker sequel would be beyond pointless and also because I really did not care for Joker. Then again, knowing Hollywood and Warner Bros more specifically, it's not that unbelievable.

Arist fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 28, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I liked Joker, but tbh...a sequel? I dunno...errr. What could it be about?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Arist posted:

Twitter's saying there's gonna be a Joker 2 but the only source I can find is a Screenrant article that refers to a THR report I can't find any actual evidence of, so I'm skeptical. Anyway, I hope it's fake, both because a Joker sequel would be beyond pointless and also because I really did not care for Joker. Then again, knowing Hollywood and Warner Bros more specifically, it's not that unbelievable.

It's this article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/hollywood-most-powerful-lawyers-2021/

Scroll down to Warren Dern, who is the lawyer for Todd Phillps. It claims he struck a deal for him to write Joker 2. The source for the article is the lawyer himself. They talked to each of them on the list.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 28, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

quote:

The NFT I’d buy in a second is ... “If I were a big sports fan, one of the basketball ones. But I’m not a big sports fan, so I probably wouldn’t. “

sounds like someone who's been jokerfied alright

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

It made a billion dollars. Unless Joaquin Phoenix says no its pretty much a given that it is getting a sequel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just wondering if a sequel to that would even work

The whole point is his slow descent into madness, which is completed at the end

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Y'know how inevitably every Batman story ends up being the Joker? Yeah, that, but in reverse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

But what if it happened again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean I would put a huge amount of money on "Joker 2: Harley Quinn."