Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

like for instance the ff14 version of blue mage is pretty much just a minigame where you go around the world collecting spells from monsters, and then going into combat arenas and figuring out the best spells to use in each scenario. its explicitly not a job thats useful for anything meaningful in the game, its just its own weird thing (although blue mages are really good at speedruns and farming certain things). but its also something you can't even do until you beat the first part of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not even remotely interested in DQ12 unless they get a new person on music.

This is mostly an excuse cause I've still got some older DQ games on backlog. Haven't even finished 11.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm not a DQ person, but I liked the guy on the stream that was wearing the Bullet Club shirt.

Also maybe I should actually start playing these games???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OhFunny posted:

What's the structure here?

Reading by release date? Full series runs?

This site has a full reading order for the entire comic universe

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Shinjobi posted:

I'm not even remotely interested in DQ12 unless they get a new person on music.

is that guy dead yet? he's like an ancient hate zombie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

okami made rarity quit video games, must be pretty bad

I'll come back to it!

At some point.

When I have the time :suicide:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roach Warehouse posted:

Would I like final fantasy if my previous positive mmo experience is playing with goons in launch era the secret world, pre-HOT guild wars two, and that weird f2p Skygods or whatever it was?

I mostly like doing chill world events and accruing outfits rather than like, precision esports raiding or whatever.

your previous experiences with MMOs are far less relevant than your previous experiences with JRPGs for whether or not you'll like ffxiv. Does a 150 hour JRPG that's been cooking for a decade, with tons of side stories sound appealing? Then you'll probably like it. You can worry about whether or not you'll enjoy messing around at max level after the four back to back JRPGs to reach it. And if you don't--you can always just unsub and then resub with each new expansion, like getting a sequel to an old favorite, rather than a game as a service.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

is that guy dead yet? he's like an ancient hate zombie

Nope, so <brass horns suddenly start blaring>

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm seeing poster sized versions of that green postcard plastered over closed shop windows all over the place. Do we have any more of an idea what it is yet? If its Xbox it can't be that significant since they literally just dropped consoles that no one cares about.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aBXpBIfmW8&t=1s

lmao Billy Mitchell is such a dickhead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

stev posted:

I'm seeing poster sized versions of that green postcard plastered over closed shop windows all over the place. Do we have any more of an idea what it is yet? If its Xbox it can't be that significant since they literally just dropped consoles that no one cares about.

It's looking like it's gonna be some Fortnite thing.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Not related to anything:

I just got into a really, really, like no kidding insanely bad depression. I just want to say that, if you have the ability in your life to just talk to a friend or go watch movies at their house or whatever, don't take that for granted

I've always had lots of people in my life until recently, mostly from the move to America, but believe me here. Being in a position where I literally, literally don't have a single friend that I can have a conversation with, even via dumb little texts... it sucks, like, so bad. I didn't know anything could suck this bad. Usually I can just be really stoned and work hard and play video games and joke about it but... it's like all hit me at once right now and it's... it's just so bad :(

I can't believe I used to just take this stuff for granted

Saw this a while ago while catching up and I emphasize with you, I’m doing okay now but my depression hit really hard last year after the gyms had been closed for a few months since working out is what keeps me from getting too loopy. Keep posting if you need to friend, sometimes just venting to anybody helps a little. :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR5gaQNQBk

Hoping they reveal how Ted Faro fucks it up even further for everybody :hmmyes:

gently caress Ted Faro.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm hoping for more optional old world stuff outside the main story areas

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR5gaQNQBk

Hoping they reveal how Ted Faro fucks it up even further for everybody :hmmyes:

gently caress Ted Faro.

As someone who knows everything about Horizon Zero Dawn I'm gonna guess the main antagonist will be Vast Silver as that's been set up in all the background lore.

However if this 14min trailer ends will Faro's voice going "Hello Liz" I will lose my poo poo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

As someone who knows everything about Horizon Zero Dawn I'm gonna guess the main antagonist will be Vast Silver as that's been set up in all the background lore.

However if this 14min trailer ends will Faro's voice going "Hello Liz" I will lose my poo poo.

In forbidden west we're gonna learn about another technocrat billionaire but this one tried to save humanity, the one who launched the generation ship, his name of course is Egon Tusk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I'm hoping for more optional old world stuff outside the main story areas

Looking forward to the continuining adventures of Aloy & Nil and all the many many many bandit's that we will murder together~

They even leaked footage of them on the way to the next bandit camp!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMCzRj3Syg

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

how'd they get this picture of me irl

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We're going to follow the lives of some other scientists from Faro's time - Catherine Bast and Luna Khonsu

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Dragon Quest 12 is gonna kick loving rear end.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's going to really whip the llama's rear end

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

It's going to really whip the llama's rear end

Dragon Quest 12 is not a winamp skin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Dragon Quest 12 is not a winamp skin

It's going to whip it. Whip it good.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

People like to say "oh king of kong was partially fake" and I'm like "no, reality has borne out the truth that Billy Mitchell is the bad guy and Steve Wiebe is a cool dude"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

More games need to emulate dynamic intros to boss fights like Yakuza does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3GbpH5eRE

Simone Magus posted:

People like to say "oh king of kong was partially fake" and I'm like "no, reality has borne out the truth that Billy Mitchell is the bad guy and Steve Wiebe is a cool dude"

My favourite Billy Mitchell moment is when he tried to sue Cartoon Network for they're extremely obvious pisstake of him on Regular Show, and still lost :allears:

quote:

Thompson put it perfectly in her final ruling. "The television character does not match the plaintiff in appearance: GBF appears as a non-human creature, a giant floating head with no body from outer space, while Plaintiff is a human being," she wrote.

"And when GBF loses his title, the character literally explodes, unlike Plaintiff."

It's great, because it's 100% a send up of him being a sore loser :allears:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 27, 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Steve Wiebe is my hero and thanks to Noise I have a Sports Trading Card of Steve Wiebe on my desk next to my monitor :3:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Steve Wiebe is my hero and thanks to Noise I have a Sports Trading Card of Steve Wiebe on my desk next to my monitor :3:

I love the part in King of Kong where they're like "yeah you gotta have incredible hand eye coordination and timing to play video games" and it cuts to Steve Wiebe playing a legitimately amazing drum solo on his kids' little drum kit

Dude is definitely cool

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Danganronpa 2 Chapter 1 thoughts.

Good to see that I was completely right about not trusting Nagito, and when he's going mask off he's quite creepy/entertaining
I think they're setting up the MC to be revealed as the Ultimate Detective but I'm not convinced there won't be a swerve away from that.

I did enjoy that they (spoilers for Danganronpa 1) throw a huge major twist from the first game - "you've all been students at the academy for years" - into the first chapter

Interesting little mystery, I had a fair grasp of what must have happened before the trial even kicked off so once that started it was just a matter of eliminating the potential suspects.

Speaking of the trial, the sword argument thing where you slice through people's arguments loving sucks both to read and to play, but what's worse is how goddamned slow the Hangman sections feel now. Not a fan of either.

I am thoroughly, thoroughly tired of the Mikan fanservice.

Best Girl: Chiaki. Calm, switched on, and a gamer. Recognises the importance of a good night's sleep.
Best Boy: Nekomaru. Dude just really wants to take a poo poo and I can respect that.
Worst Girl: Mikan. This character archetype sucks and so does the fanservice.
Worst Boy: Fuyuhiko. There is nothing interesting to me about the Yakuza schtick.

Bring on Chapter 2!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I love the part in King of Kong where they're like "yeah you gotta have incredible hand eye coordination and timing to play video games" and it cuts to Steve Wiebe playing a legitimately amazing drum solo on his kids' little drum kit

Dude is definitely cool

Yes yes yes! Oh I adore that film.
It is my 4th favourite film of all time! :D

I always get so mad that Billy would not go up against him head to head. I am so glad he is the officially recognised first to a million now :D

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I think complaining on the internet actually is magic... after I posted yesterday about my soul crushing depression, I went out to pick up dinner and while I was waiting on my food there was a cool hippie girl there who was doing Doordash and I talked to her for like 15 minutes and we agreed on like everything in the world and then she gave me her phone number :)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

I think complaining on the internet actually is magic... after I posted yesterday about my soul crushing depression, I went out to pick up dinner and while I was waiting on my food there was a cool hippie girl there who was doing Doordash and I talked to her for like 15 minutes and we agreed on like everything in the world and then she gave me her phone number :)

That's awesome

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

:thatsrad:

Complaining on the Internet works for beating video games, no reason it shouldn’t have a comparable effect in real life

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Simone Magus posted:

This owns, you rule, have an awesome day.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I never win back-to-back Powerball lotteries and quite frankly it's bullshit.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I never win back-to-back Powerball lotteries and quite frankly it's bullshit.

I've never won a Powerball or Mega Millions, even once!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

As someone who lives with depression make sure you keep taking your meds, if you are prescribed them, as well to keep the good times flowing! Major depressive episodes suck rear end, and it sounds like you're back on track!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

:hfive:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any games similar to the PS1 Strike games? I remember the first Mercenaries game on PS2 was pretty close once you got a proper attack helicopter. I've been playing Soviet and Nuclear Strike recently and finally beat them without cheats that 9 year old me relied on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

As someone who thought they remembered the major points of the lore, I have no idea who that is