Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Surely it can't be a coincidence that there was a load of anti-Corbyn shite yesterday when it was his birthday. Pure spiteful people

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1397660897846366216?s=19

Kaveman has issued a correction as of 11:22 on May 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

You'd think eve barlow and the other people who had their brain rotted by the antisemitism poo poo over the last 5 years would at least condemn Boris hosting orban

No you wouldn't

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kaveman posted:

Surely it can't be a coincidence that there was a load of anti-Corbyn shite yesterday when it was his birthday. Pure spiteful people

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1397660897846366216?s=19

Wow his rightmost son has to be a whole head taller

... Is he single

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

You'd think eve barlow and the other people who had their brain rotted by the antisemitism poo poo over the last 5 years would at least condemn Boris hosting orban

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jose posted:

No one who is Deeply Concerned With Anti-Semitism has ever given a flying gently caress about anti-Semitism. Not sure why you’d think this would be any different.

E: see above

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm aware its just glaring

anyway gary younge stating what we all knew to be true that the guardian went apeshit after corbyn got in and was actually promising the stuff they spent ages talking about meaning it might actually happen

https://twitter.com/corbyn8myhamsta/status/1397859472224178176?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It was really remarkable how immediate the about face was.
I'd been reading the guardian for 10 years by that point of them agitating for the exact same policies if not more radical versions than Corbyn offered.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think its partly that Kath Viner became editor around the same time and also when the gchq snowden poo poo was going down. The security services got a seat at the board and crushed the paper

Worth remembering Alan rusbidger was going to be the new chair of the trust that owns the guardian until Viner knifed him in the back

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Not just the guardian, all "left" media that had spent the last 20 years saying "government bad" and suddenly found itself facing the possibility that it might actually happen.
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1397557687810990080

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

journalists all going "oh so you're the expert are you?" when they blatantly didn't even know what herd immunity was, something kids are taught in GCSE and isn't a loving pandemic response strategy without a vaccine.

they didn't even know the first thing about diseases, it was the most pathetic thing i've seen. they really don't appreciate how little they know about anything and assume everyone else is as dumb or stupider if they don't have a title

e: it really was the government announcing "we're going to let the fire burn the house down because then it will go out" and journalists not understanding even that.
BBC special: Fire, what is it?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Of course the really funny part to everybody suddenly saying "oh so you know more that the chief medical scientists do you" is when a few weeks later said scientists went public saying "the gov isn't following our advice we have been begging for a lockdown for weeks"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Of course the really funny part to everybody suddenly saying "oh so you know more that the chief medical scientists do you" is when a few weeks later said scientists went public saying "the gov isn't following our advice we have been begging for a lockdown for weeks"

also iirc both of them were just lying direct to camera in almost every briefing if you were following at all closely

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

journalists all going "oh so you're the expert are you?" when they blatantly didn't even know what herd immunity was, something kids are taught in GCSE and isn't a loving pandemic response strategy without a vaccine.

they didn't even know the first thing about diseases, it was the most pathetic thing i've seen. they really don't appreciate how little they know about anything and assume everyone else is as dumb or stupider if they don't have a title

e: it really was the government announcing "we're going to let the fire burn the house down because then it will go out" and journalists not understanding even that.
BBC special: Fire, what is it?

the more galling part was them then collectively going "of course herd immunity wasn't the governments plan you idiots" despite everyone involved going on TV to state specifically that had in fact been in the plan

just fire every journalist into the sun the UK would be vastly better off without them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/e500v/status/1397877743790997505?s=20

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

who need therapy if you stop and tip

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/marwoldeb/status/1341853041390219264?s=20

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

the panacea posted:

who need therapy if you stop and tip

to be fair BPD is really really hard to treat and a lot of people with it avoid or keep quitting therapy (someone I know with BPD has literally gone through more than a dozen therapists over time)

i.e.

quote:

Borderline Personality Disorder

There are many behaviors that can disrupt the course of psychotherapy and pose problems for both the therapist and client. These challenging behaviors, called therapy-interfering behaviors (TIBs) by Linehan (1993), have been defined as client or therapist behaviors that interfere with the client receiving or benefiting from the therapy offered. Clients with BPD tend to engage in multiple challenging behaviors that interfere with receiving therapy, such as calling the therapist at unreasonable hours outside of session (Dimeff & Linehan, 2001), behaving ineffectively on phone calls (Linehan, 2008), being non-collaborative (e.g., arguing with the therapist), and quitting therapy (Bados, Balaguer, & Saldańa, 2007; Espinosa, Grynberg, & Mendoza, 2009; Farrand, Booth, Gilbert, & Lankshear, 2009; Oumaya et al., 2010). This, paired with emotional and behavioral dyscontrol, including suicidal and non-suicidal self-directed violence (SDV), results in these individuals being difficult-to-treat, BPD being a highly stigmatized disorder, and trepidation by clinicians to provide treatment for clients with BPD (Gunderson et al., 2011; Linehan, Cochran, Mar, Levensky, & Comtois, 2000; Paris, 2005).

so it might be meaningful as an additional measure when not undergoing therapy

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/may/27/ministers-restart-recruitment-for-ofcom-chair-after-paul-dacre-is-rejected

quote:

The government has restarted the recruitment process for a new chair of Ofcom after the prime minister’s favoured candidate, the former Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre, had his application rejected by an interview board.

Rather than accept the decision and choose another candidate who was approved, ministers have instead decided to start the process from scratch, allowing Dacre a second chance at the job.

quote:

The names of three other candidates who did pass the recruitment process were passed to the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden, for a final decision; however, they were rejected.

I'm just surprised they didn't just overrule the decision and jam Dacre in there. It says they were worried about public opinion but I can't imagine why, most people don't seem to give a gently caress what this government does.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're going to have to say people are right not to vote for them and go to war with the left even more

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1397926766316953620?s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Jose posted:

They're going to have to say people are right not to vote for them and go to war with the left even more

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1397926766316953620?s=19

I can't believe jeremy crubbins would do this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jose posted:

the more galling part was them then collectively going "of course herd immunity wasn't the governments plan you idiots" despite everyone involved going on TV to state specifically that had in fact been in the plan

just fire every journalist into the sun the UK would be vastly better off without them

it was the trunps administrations plan too

it is also not talked about much here

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

bedpan posted:

I can't believe jeremy crubbins would do this

Has anyone said Long Corbyn yet?

Long Corbyn.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Gats Akimbo posted:

Has anyone said Long Corbyn yet?

Long Corbyn.

If you google it, there are quite a few references!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's always fun reading about labour corruption

https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1397971947795980293?s=19
https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1397976533617328128?s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lol just seen that George Galloway is running in Batley and spen. Keir's going to get owned by the cat man and say that anyone who didn't vote for him supports MPs getting murdered

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Lol just seen that George Galloway is running in Batley and spen. Keir's going to get owned by the cat man and say that anyone who didn't vote for him supports MPs getting murdered

Why was Galloway bad again? I have only the vaguest of memories.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's a huge transphobe to start with

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

Careful he definitely reads these forums and will sue you

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

the sex ghost posted:

Another two points against him.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

genericnick posted:

Why was Galloway bad again? I have only the vaguest of memories.

He's an insane narcissist who's been very cosy with right wingers lately. Big brexit fan.
He created his own anti-independence vanity party full of right wing cranks, racists and terfs to stand in the recent Scottish elections where came 7th, in between Alex Salmond's vanity party and a christian fundy party

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

It wouldn't surprise me

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jose posted:

[UK] Serf & TERF

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol the preston model has been a wild success based off left wing economics so of course they're actively avoiding it

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1398226200707977221?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol this polling was done after cummings testimony

https://twitter.com/NCPoliticsUK/status/1398239333124128770?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when is the election

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

labour still haven't called on anyone at all to resign over covid lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

euphronius posted:

when is the election

Just shy of three years from now, unless Parliament triggers it early.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
3 years is a LONG time for people to remember being mad at a politican for esp if boris/hancock does end up getting sacrificed to the volcano

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i predict that as more the public become scandalised by the government response, the more people are going to blame labour for being useless and “letting it happen”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jel Shaker posted:

i predict that as more the public become scandalised by the government response, the more people are going to blame labour for being useless and “letting it happen”

this has already worked in a bunch of councils so