Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Amazing news

https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1397604467906859011?s=20

https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1397604471161729035?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Welp I've got my first shot, time to start licking knobs

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

greazeball posted:

my wife just got her second shot and my second will be next week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ&t=77s

Interpreted this as your second wife is getting her shot next week.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

17% fully vaxxed or partially. If it's fully that's still real bad, but if it's partially that's insane. We have one county in my state in that ballpark, but it's because it's like 60% Amish so there is a large portion of the community that would literally never get it or any other modern medical anything.

I live in a tiny fuckhole county of 22k and it literally just said "17%! of our community has been vaccinated!" so I have no idea which one. There's a few mennonites but no amish or anything like that. I'm probably lucky that they're even counting vaccinations considering the county seat city has been celebrating reopening with 0 masks on any public figures since January or so.

I would be way cool with getting a booster every year so long as I have prior notice I need it and I can like, plan ahead because of the farm. This is super good news.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The list of exposure sites is now up to 70 venues all over the state, with several only a couple hundred metres from my house

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites

The covid is closing in on me :tinfoil:

Was in a cafe in the CBD the other day (because I now have a job where I can't work from home, joy of joys) and some old fart was whining to the owner about how we're going to go back into lockdown, which drives me up the wall because we do this to protect old people and so many of them just dgaf, and he was saying "has anyone even died from the virus this year" without seeming to connect that statistic with harsh containment measures.

The owner was complaining in turn that he'll lose heaps of revenue, which I have more sympathy for because it must loving suck to run a business in these times, but come on, man, would you rather do five days of lockdown or fifty? Or "learn to live with the virus" which entails foot traffic in the CBD dropping by half indefinitely as everybody goes back to working from home? I'm sure that would be real great for your bottom line.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Melbourne outbreak is now at 26 and a lockdown is inevitable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wilderthanmild posted:

I mean, they are anti-vaxxers but for completely different reason than chuds. It's silly religion stuff about shunning modern anything rather than spite, selfishness, or hubris.

They go to modern hospitals if they have complications.

Seems hypocritical to me.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Victorians 40 and over are now eligible for vaccination and getting vaccinated is one of the valid reasons for leaving home during the lockdown.

So far, over 10,000 primary and secondary contacts have been identified and over 100 exposure sites across the state.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/8BIcAZxFfrc

Goooooooon hbomberguy has a video exploring MMR vaccine scare mongering. It's sort of ancillary to this but still relevant

It might make you want to pull your hair out

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 27, 2021

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A few weeks ago we were vying for top spot of worst Covid rates in North America, now we expect to be completely open by July. Our rates have dropped dramatically, from over 2000 cases a day to around 400, and we're at about 50% of the population vaccinated with their first shot, but we also have a lot of people in hospital and a half dozen deaths a day still. But July is Calgary Stampede, so dkfkgkglsaajklllgkfkdk *fart*

I do actually feel hope this things are actually getting better now, but I'm concerned they'll push too hard too soon for "normal". The thresholds for reopening are pretty reasonable for once, but there's always the chance they'll change their minds on what's safe to make themselves look good in the eyes of their voter base, especially with other political issues going on right now.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

pacerhimself posted:

https://youtu.be/8BIcAZxFfrc

Goooooooon hbomberguy has a video exploring MMR vaccine scare mongering. It's sort of ancillary to this but still relevant

It might make you want to pull your hair out

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm about halfway through and I already want to punch my computer.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Listening to hbomberguy bloviate does that to people.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Holy poo poo. I just got to "the bad part" and I basically want to kill Andrew Wakefield.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Holy poo poo. I just got to "the bad part" and I basically want to kill Andrew Wakefield.

You're just jealous you didn't think of it first!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
to anyone working from home using microsoft teams, I just found out that if you put something heavy on your mouse so it clicks and holds down the button you can just leave it there and your status will always show as "green" while you gently caress off to go watch netflix or whatever

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Lolie posted:

Victorians 40 and over are now eligible for vaccination and getting vaccinated is one of the valid reasons for leaving home during the lockdown.

So far, over 10,000 primary and secondary contacts have been identified and over 100 exposure sites across the state.

We'll nip this one in the bud soon enough - a lot of people seem to be freaking out that it's the start of another four month lockdown, but last time around we didn't go into lockdown until July 9, a day we recorded 149 cases. But these regular leaks are a serious loving pain in the rear end and I wish the government hadn't loving paused the AZ vaccine and thrown a panic into the boomers.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Slugnoid posted:

to anyone working from home using microsoft teams, I just found out that if you put something heavy on your mouse so it clicks and holds down the button you can just leave it there and your status will always show as "green" while you gently caress off to go watch netflix or whatever

I actually got what's known as a "mouse jiggler" for this. Because I like to keep my status as green but also I don't want my pc to go to sleep which is not something I have admin rights to control on my work PC.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My son was born in 2002 and is autistic, imagine how much I hate Wakefield. I cannot tell you the number of nasty people, not just people I knew but actual strangers on the street who came up to us and said “do you think it was the MMR?”

My answer was always the same; “no. He was diagnosed at 8 months, his jab was at 15 months” and then to just walk away.

What made it so nasty was that the implication always was that I “knew about the “risks” of the jab and did it anyway”. Like it was all my fault, I’d ignored this fraud and deliberate “ruined” my son and yeh I heard that from people, even after I pointed out his early diagnosis - “they can’t tell that young”. Well yes in extreme cases they really can, if the average age people start noticing symptoms is 15 months then some, like my lad, will be noticeably different at birth and the process of finding out why starts then.

So gently caress Wakefield, and gently caress people who think the quality of my lad’s life is made worse by Autism when it’s not. ignorant people like them who refuse to bend and try to force him to do things he does not want to do have always been the root cause of any of his distress and that’s on them and not him.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Charliegrs posted:

I actually got what's known as a "mouse jiggler" for this. Because I like to keep my status as green but also I don't want my pc to go to sleep which is not something I have admin rights to control on my work PC.

yeah, my boss watches my pc for activity. some days i finish all my work at like 3PM, but ive got to keep loving about with the computer or my boss sees the team status and cracks the shits

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

As unpleasant as it is to have it intrude on your home life, the key is to download Teams to a phone app (or log in on the phone browser) so you can respond to messages and appear active even when you're on the couch.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Picnic Princess posted:

A few weeks ago we were vying for top spot of worst Covid rates in North America, now we expect to be completely open by July. Our rates have dropped dramatically, from over 2000 cases a day to around 400, and we're at about 50% of the population vaccinated with their first shot, but we also have a lot of people in hospital and a half dozen deaths a day still. But July is Calgary Stampede, so dkfkgkglsaajklllgkfkdk *fart*

I do actually feel hope this things are actually getting better now, but I'm concerned they'll push too hard too soon for "normal". The thresholds for reopening are pretty reasonable for once, but there's always the chance they'll change their minds on what's safe to make themselves look good in the eyes of their voter base, especially with other political issues going on right now.

That's only because Manitoba went "let me show you how the west PROPERLY fucks up a Covid response."

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Facebook Aunt posted:

What's up with Russia? They had that Sputnik vaccine approved ages ago and they are still only at 11%. I thought for sure Russia and China would be doing victory laps by now. Did all those covid doctors falling out windows put people off?

A. Russia hid a lot of deaths so maybe the population doesn't take it as seriously.
B. I'd imagine Russia is more interested in selling the vaccine at top dollar to other countries than saving their people.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

freebooter posted:

As unpleasant as it is to have it intrude on your home life, the key is to download Teams to a phone app (or log in on the phone browser) so you can respond to messages and appear active even when you're on the couch.

The trick I found was to keep myself set to Appear Away even while in the office.

The downsides to this plan are that it requires laying the groundwork before the pandemic, and having a boss who is not a micromanager and who freely admits to playing videogames while on meeting calls.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
I think the best way for you guys to approach it is to appear idle for strategic amounts of time, but otherwise, keep the mouse moving.

With all the Windows telemetry, I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible to view activity keeping you "Active" like:

{
"event": "mouse click",
"target": "desktop",
"timestamp:": "Thu May 27 2021 09:51:23 GMT-0400"
}

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

I think the best way for you guys to approach it is to appear idle for strategic amounts of time, but otherwise, keep the mouse moving.

With all the Windows telemetry, I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible to view activity keeping you "Active" like:

{
}

As an office manager, I can tell you this capability exists and I use it often.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

You'll start wearing blue and brown and working for the clampdown

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Ban this fuckin narc

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

{
}

interesting. sounds like freebooters idea is pretty good too

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

learnincurve posted:

My son was born in 2002 and is autistic, imagine how much I hate Wakefield. I cannot tell you the number of nasty people, not just people I knew but actual strangers on the street who came up to us and said “do you think it was the MMR?”

My answer was always the same; “no. He was diagnosed at 8 months, his jab was at 15 months” and then to just walk away.

What made it so nasty was that the implication always was that I “knew about the “risks” of the jab and did it anyway”. Like it was all my fault, I’d ignored this fraud and deliberate “ruined” my son and yeh I heard that from people, even after I pointed out his early diagnosis - “they can’t tell that young”. Well yes in extreme cases they really can, if the average age people start noticing symptoms is 15 months then some, like my lad, will be noticeably different at birth and the process of finding out why starts then.

So gently caress Wakefield, and gently caress people who think the quality of my lad’s life is made worse by Autism when it’s not. ignorant people like them who refuse to bend and try to force him to do things he does not want to do have always been the root cause of any of his distress and that’s on them and not him.

My favourite was when the prevailing theory for the cause of autism was the mother's not loving their child enough. I can't imagine the amount of guilt and anguish that those mom's endured in the 50's & 60's, and the "therapies" that those children must've received.

But no guys, this vaccine theory is the real cause. :rolleyes:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Looks like the CDC guideline did make a difference when it came to interest in vaccines:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/27/health/vaccination-interest-cdc-mask-guidance/index.html

Vaccine finder got absolutely slammed on the 13th.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Looks like the CDC guideline did make a difference when it came to interest in vaccines:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/27/health/vaccination-interest-cdc-mask-guidance/index.html

Vaccine finder got absolutely slammed on the 13th.

I mean, good, but also... THAT? THAT was what pushed people over the line into deciding to get vaccinated? Not the threat of gasping to death in a hospital quarantine ward?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

I mean, good, but also... THAT? THAT was what pushed people over the line into deciding to get vaccinated? Not the threat of gasping to death in a hospital quarantine ward?

Are you really surprised? I know more than a few people that didn't get it because they were worried about what it would cost...

Americans are big dumb babies that don't watch the news, don't know what's going on outside of tick tock, don't care about anyone or anything that doesn't effect them even when a lot of things actually do, and need to be treated as such by the government.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

WhiteHowler posted:

That last second last bump upwards was the 11th; maybe the last uptick was from that but regardless of web traffic (lol) it sure doesn't look like it is creating a surge in internet.

What garbage reporting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

That threat wasn’t real to people

Maybe next time the media can put the work in to get releases to show the masses of people suffocating to death. I think I saw the same 30 second footage of a single ICU room for 9 months of last year. A single interview of a woman on oxygen whose daughter had just died.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is it safe to assume whatever manufacturing and logistic capability the US has for the vaccines will stay redlined throughout the summer to get as much out to other countries as we can?

Seems like in a month basically anyone who wants a vaccine here should be able to have had one.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Blitter posted:

That last second last bump upwards was the 11th; maybe the last uptick was from that but regardless of web traffic (lol) it sure doesn't look like it is creating a surge in internet.

What garbage reporting.

For what it's worth Our World in Data isn't bad overall, but whenever you use their datasets the most recent week or so is almost always inaccurate. This seems to be because they include partially reported data, which is especially bad with the averages because the drop looks more natural. This is true for a lot of sites like this, but many will include warnings or shaded areas to denote the more preliminary data.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bump has already wasted away, but I wouldn't consider that graph to be proof of it until the actual data for it has caught up.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 27, 2021

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

Telling people they were entered into a draw to win a million dollars saw upticks. That pushes the population that stats don't register with. Too dumb to know that covid risk vs any fake vaccine risk cooked up, also too dumb to know they won't win the million bucks. I know of people that will get it once it is clear that travel is restricted if they don't. It's ridiculous, if I genuinely though the vaccine was gonna hurt me I wouldn't bend on it.what kind of character does someone have who puts themselves at a perceived risk because they want to travel?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
U.K. is beginning to see a rise in deaths and hospitalisations amongst the unvaccinated elderly due to the Indian variant. Only 2% of hospitalisations are fully vaccinated.

Current mood of entire country is incredibly pissed off at all the dreadful old plague enthusiasts, we tanked our economy and employment figures for this gaggle of absolute shits and now there is no way we can think about dropping any more measures until the kids are vaccinated in case their dreadful gammon anti-vax grandad gives them the Indian variant.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is it safe to assume whatever manufacturing and logistic capability the US has for the vaccines will stay redlined throughout the summer to get as much out to other countries as we can?

Seems like in a month basically anyone who wants a vaccine here should be able to have had one.

This but not just through the summer, probably for the next 18-24 months. The world has a long way to go to catch up to North America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

The people who are dragging their feet to get the vaccine at this point are a weird mix of the profoundly incurious, people who think themselves impervious to the flu and COVID, and people who have weird beliefs about health in general.

Irrational rewards like lotteries, free food, mask privileges and vaccine passports for travel or events will do more than 30 minutes nightly of PSAs about the vaccines.

Honestly I wish more businesses and government jobs would start requiring the vaccine, I heard twice today alone “I’m not getting the shot until my work requires it.”