Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Here's the story of two brothers, Rick and Scott, they don't use drugs and they're always on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know the lyrics of that song because i only heard it one time off of a vhs tape. but it still got stuck in my head. so i would repeat "it's the story of two brothers, rick and scott. they like-ed eachother a whole lot" And that's the last wrestling memory of my childhood that i have to share. the compendium is complete

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If we're being super honest with wrestling themes it's all been downhill since "HERE COMES THE AX AND HERE COMES THE SMASHER." With a slight uptick for 'Some Bodies Gonna Get It.' I will be taking no further questions at this time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"jive soul bro" is evergreen imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

"jive soul bro" is evergreen imo

The song is.

The video. Uh.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dawgstar posted:

If we're being super honest with wrestling themes it's all been downhill since "I'M AN rear end MAN" perfected not only music, but all sound

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Buff was an underrated worker

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has it really been that long since the last rear end-themed wrestler?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The song is.

The video. Uh.

Yeah. Like... the song is fun and all but does open with Slick eating fried chicken. Also it's about how Slick can't catch a break and never gets nothing in the end.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not really if you count Sonny Kiss.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1397943275135328256

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rikishi
Molly Holly
uh...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Rikishi
Molly Holly
uh...

Some Joshi wrestler definitely has a Flying rear end Attack but I forget who it is

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I mean, Colt does the Flying rear end in a top hat, but that's not his gimmick. That was Brian Pillman's gimmick.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It's only a matter of time before Asuka gets a new gimmick and becomes Assuka with her hip attack becoming her finisher.

Plus they can bury Naomi some more for daring to get over on Twitter because of a hashtag.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Two Beans posted:

Not really if you count Sonny Kiss.

Animal-Mother posted:

Rikishi
Molly Holly
uh...

DJExile posted:

Some Joshi wrestler definitely has a Flying rear end Attack but I forget who it is

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, Colt does the Flying rear end in a top hat, but that's not his gimmick. That was Brian Pillman's gimmick.

Hoss Corncave posted:

It's only a matter of time before Asuka gets a new gimmick and becomes Assuka with her hip attack becoming her finisher.

Plus they can bury Naomi some more for daring to get over on Twitter because of a hashtag.

Time to fire up TEW and see who can Beat rear end in Brawl for All 2

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 27, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Shiro Koshinaka had a lot of rear end offence

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

overmind2000 posted:

Bad asses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Whole lot of posts without mentioning the Funky Weapon

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

overmind2000 posted:

You think you can beat more rear end than me? Well I challenge you to a beat-off!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

You think you can beat more rear end than me? Well I challenge you to a beat-off!

"Wait let me try that again"
"We're live, pal"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Morishima.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1400518027695857664

ok which one of you did this

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s a trap, there were a bunch of cruiserweights hidden inside waiting to attack.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Funky Weapon, the Coach of Taguchi Japan, Ryusuke Taguchi!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
having been a casual enjoyer of this thread, i found this video today and holy hell what a rollercoaster ride through the demise of WCW

poor Sid Vicious man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-_XVS2cPo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Today I found out that Disco has heat with Lance Storm because Lance is a "snowflake ".

Goddamn Disco needs an rear end kicking.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Disco has heat with people, but nobody has heat with him because who gives a gently caress what he thinks?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Disco has heat with people, but nobody has heat with him because who gives a gently caress what he thinks?

Don Callis buries him every chance he gets, it's either a bit or Don really hates him for contributing to WCW downfall

(Also apparently they got into it hard on Keeping it 100, which isn't hard to fathom, given that Disco's philosophy flies in the face of Lance's, plus Disco says dumb poo poo like "I'm a better seller than Sami Zayn")

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 10, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Never gets old

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I remember one time seeing Disco on tna and he was cutting a promo like "don't you know who i am? I'm Glen loving gilberti, I'm a legend, one of the best of all time" or something along those lines and you could tell that it was supposed to just be heeling but also that he was secretly completely serious

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Between Honky Tonk Man, Disco Inferno and Elias I think we should just retire musician gimmicks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nilbop posted:

Between Honky Tonk Man, Disco Inferno and Elias I think we should just retire musician gimmicks.

I actually don't mind the Elias shtick, WWE just cannot be trusted to use him sparsely

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nilbop posted:

But! Van Hammer!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My local indy booked Honky a couple of years ago and i went because i thought he would have a match.

He did not. He tried really hard to get his comedy bit to go over, complete with a really bad Jimmy Hart impression. It seemed like he was testing the waters for a foley-style one man show set but none of it was good.

At one point he said he'd been the Honky Tonk Man for so long that he couldn't even remember his own name. I helpfully reminded him that it is Wayne. I'm sure they love it when some fuckin mark does that.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Rick Boogs... I mean Ric Boog, I mean Rik Bugez

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Nilbop posted:

Does Double J count as a music gimmick or was he just a boring guy with a guitar?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are you talking about Jarrett or the Real Double J?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

But! Van Hammer!

Man Mountain Rock.