Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:lol::lol::lol:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I mean, I'm going to say it again, I would at least try all of these burgs 'n' dawgs if not outright demolish them - except for that extremely sorry looking UK brain dog from the beginning of the thread.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I would even eat this dick-in-a-cart (I assume that is what it is called) if I were drunk, no fuckin problem

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
This is awesome I thought everyone's dad beat the poo poo out of them when they played with their food I am pleased this is NOT the case

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Don't overmix the beef

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Don't overmix the beef

"Overmix The BEEF" was my band name in college - our best known single was "Open Faced Despair (with a Side of Bacon)"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I miss Brent.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I think this one may in fact be the worst, seeing the beef cooked like that triggered something inside me :barf:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I think this one may in fact be the worst, seeing the beef cooked like that triggered something inside me :barf:

Grow up and eat the Beefpacolypse burger, nerd

I'll take two, with a side of beefy fries, beer battered strips of formed ground beef

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

"Overmix The BEEF" was my band name in college - our best known single was "Open Faced Despair (with a Side of Bacon)"

Post it. If is was a lie then quickly record one and post that instead.

You've promised much, now deliver.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm curious as to your definition of "bread"

Tortillas are bread. The flour ones at least.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

Tortillas are bread. The flour ones at least.

I guess the (wrong) idea is that all starches are the same and no two can go together, nobody tell them about rice in burritos :wth:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I guess the (wrong) idea is that all starches are the same and no two can go together, nobody tell them about rice in burritos :wth:

Or French fries

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

rice in burritos should be illegal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

:haibrow:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

How do you stop the juice from making the tortilla soggy and dripping out the bottom?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Poke a hole in the bottom and hold the burrito vertically so it can drain into a mug for a convenient after-lunch drink

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

How do you stop the juice from making the tortilla soggy and dripping out the bottom?

this would be a problem even if i had rice because i love Wet rear end Burritos

however, the answer is: if i'm eating a regular burrito i tear off the foil bit by bit. if i'm reading a smothered burrito then, well, lol

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Have you ever eaten a Weisswurst the Bavarian way? You make an incision in the top of the burrito and slowly tug the contents from the bottom up straight into your gullet. Think of the juicy finishing shot as, like a reward.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aardvark! posted:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Have you ever eaten a Weisswurst the Bavarian way? You make an incision in the top of the burrito and slowly tug the contents from the bottom up straight into your gullet. Think of the juicy finishing shot as, like a reward.

I eat all of my sausages this way

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Aardvark! posted:

This.

Also do NOT put fries on Shawarma

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 27, 2021

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Aardvark! posted:

Don't get me started on this. I moved from So Cal up to the Pacific Northwest and every place up here wants to fill your burrito with rice (and beans). Order a carne asada burrito, it's gonna be at least half filled with rice and beans. It's just cheap filler and it has no place inside a proper burrito.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

AcidCat posted:

Don't get me started on this. I moved from So Cal up to the Pacific Northwest and every place up here wants to fill your burrito with rice (and beans). Order a carne asada burrito, it's gonna be at least half filled with rice and beans. It's just cheap filler and it has no place inside a proper burrito.

my people :hfive:

Burritos should be meat, beans, pico, cilantro. With possible additions of cabbage/greens, avo, and sour cream if you're a real freak. My favorite burrito ever had the default as carne asada, black beans, cabbage, pico, and cilantro. Then you add salsa roja before each series of bites

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I've never had a burrito without rice, the hell is wrong with you people

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bonzo posted:

Also do NOT put fries on Shawarma on anything that isn't just a plate

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Super Waffle posted:

We are discerning consumers with superior tasting abilities and a respect for tradition.

Rice is a garbage filler meant to convince you that you are getting your money's worth from a burrito and again, results in carbs on carbs with the tortilla and the rice. It's not how burritos were meant to be and it just doesn't taste as good as a more pure and focused burrito

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Super Waffle posted:

You've never had a burrito.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think my problem (well, one of them anyway) is that I usually like pico de gallo and black beans in my burrito which are obviously wettish ingredients. I’d prefer it without rice but I usually ask for light rice as a compromise. I don’t like a sloppy soggy handheld burrito.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i have made a thread where we can hash out our burrito issues... and more!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968840

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think my problem (well, one of them anyway) is that I usually like pico de gallo and black beans in my burrito which are obviously wettish ingredients. I’d prefer it without rice but I usually ask for light rice as a compromise. I don’t like a sloppy soggy handheld burrito.

yeah it has its place to be sure. it's just when the bulk of the burrito is in rice or beans that it becomes an issue

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The Yumbo is like a Gen X comeback item, and then only the oldest Gen X.

Should have brought back the Whaler, HJ's Fillet-o-Fish.

HJ's muffins are bizarrely tasteless.

Red Rooster is doing fried chicken that is also tasteless, like they have been banned from using salt or spices on it. Its fine crumbing/batter, nice chicken, but its just so bland.

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 28, 2021

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

as a proud paulista, absolute lol at people itt melting down over the concept of putting mashed potatos on hot dogs, the objectively correct way of making one

"noooo I'm traumatized by having something other than sausage, ketchup, and mustard on my hot dogs, the horror, the horror"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Machado de Assis posted:

as a proud paulista, absolute lol at people itt melting down over the concept of putting mashed potatos on hot dogs, the objectively correct way of making one

"noooo I'm traumatized by having something other than sausage, ketchup, and mustard on my hot dogs, the horror, the horror"

I have no idea why but this post made me :lol: something fierce.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

During the brief window between McDonald's offering the all day breakfast menu and cancelling it due to covid, I tried putting one of their hashbrowns in a quarter pounder and it was delicious.

Play posted:

my people :hfive:

Burritos should be meat, beans, pico, cilantro. With possible additions of cabbage/greens, avo, and sour cream if you're a real freak. My favorite burrito ever had the default as carne asada, black beans, cabbage, pico, and cilantro. Then you add salsa roja before each series of bites

Salsa verde, you heathen

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gonna start putting fries rice and chips in all my food since everyone with a star seems to hate it.

I’m gonna get hyper diabetes LOL

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

Post it. If is was a lie then quickly record one and post that instead.

You've promised much, now deliver.

Sorry my dude, I thought this would be an amusing joke, in reality I don’t have a single musical bone in my body. Maybe this is close enough?
https://grantsharkey.bandcamp.com/track/poo poo-sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Burritos are Americanized dogshit, nobody should ever eat a burrito because tacos exist and are far superior.

This burrito is real murica baby