Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

I was weirdly jittery going into mine but I found it pretty educational and not at all judge-y when all said and done. I'm still not sure if I buy the whole terpines thing she talked to me about, though.

There's some evidence they're not just for smell, but most of the actual benefit is from cannabinoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Inspector Hound posted:

I read that the best way to do DMT was a meth pipe, but I didn't know the headshop word for it, and before I had even said "meth" he had jumped up and started basically yelling "oil burner!! You're looking for an oil burner!! So don't say any of that other stuff anymore!"

I've always just sprinkled the DMT on top of weed in a regular pipe. Works great.

Yesterday I bought a new piece, one of those brass multi-chamber deals you can disassemble for Ultimate Cleaning (which I will in all likelihood never actually do lol)

Hits so smooth though, the extra chamber really keeps the smoke cool

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Well that was easy. Most of it was basically "What do you want?", which at the moment is 30g per month split up into 3 strains of 10g. I should be speaking to the pharmacist tomorrow, and I should get my meds sometime next week.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
30g a month? Man, I remember when that's all I needed. I go through 30g in like 8 days and don't even ever get "super high"

Maybe it's time for a T break.... nah

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Simone Magus posted:

30g a month? Man, I remember when that's all I needed. I go through 30g in like 8 days and don't even ever get "super high"

Are you combusting? I used to go through around 4g a day when combusting, but now use around 0.5g-1g a day with the dynavap and getting more wasted than before.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

fuctifino posted:

Are you combusting? I used to go through around 4g a day when combusting, but now use around 0.5g-1g a day with the dynavap and getting more wasted than before.

Ohhhh yeah, okay now that makes sense :)

Yeah I smoke more because I'm combusting. Hopefully next week I'm gonna get a case of (legit) carts though, those things last me forever.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Simone Magus posted:

An ounce a week was my norm in 2014/15 and my tolerance has never recovered.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just took a shitload of edibles and realized I can perfectly play all the theme songs from Road Rash 2 stages in my head. Haven't played it in 25 years.

Good soundtrack!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Ohhhh yeah, okay now that makes sense :)

Yeah I smoke more because I'm combusting. Hopefully next week I'm gonna get a case of (legit) carts though, those things last me forever.

carts are weaker than combustion usually unless you are combusting poopy weed.... good idea but you might want to take a tolerance break if its not living up to what you are used to. just my experience.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I've always just sprinkled the DMT on top of weed in a regular pipe. Works great.

Yes this is the way to do it imo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

carts are weaker than combustion usually unless you are combusting poopy weed.... good idea but you might want to take a tolerance break if its not living up to what you are used to. just my experience.

Huh this is not my experience at all, distillate is fuckin wild.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i guess when i say cartridges i mean like the ones you get from the store? i dunno, i never get as high off of that as I do off vaping flower or smoking flower.

dabbing or vaping wax or shatter or whatever works great, i've just never found the carts to be that strong. maybe I'm getting bad ones.

[edit]

I repent, i was using my "wulf" battery i got as a hand-me-down on the lowest setting and taking baby hits... i cranked up the power and did a proper inhale and im out of my gourd after vaping flower all night.

i was doing it wrong. it certainly won't last as long doing this though good lord

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 27, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I got really high yesterday to celebrate winning my legal prescription, and ordered an Arizer Solo 2 which should be here tomorrow. I also seem to have purchased a water tool adaptor. I guess I'm going to be bonging it in town when the legal meds arrive.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I just took a shitload of edibles and realized I can perfectly play all the theme songs from Road Rash 2 stages in my head. Haven't played it in 25 years.

Good soundtrack!

Now do Streets of Rage 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lprwzCxVCp4

fuctifino posted:

I got really high yesterday to celebrate winning my legal prescription, and ordered an Arizer Solo 2 which should be here tomorrow. I also seem to have purchased a water tool adaptor. I guess I'm going to be bonging it in town when the legal meds arrive.

:toot:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
carts were always a very weak or mild high back when i was combusting upwards 1-2 grams a day but since ive been using the fury edge for several weeks now they actually kick pretty hard again i noticed. lowered my tolerance without having to take anything approaching a real break now that's what's up

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ive been mainly vaping for like 18 years now and it's always a shock when I roll joints for a couple of days and half my stash disappears

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just realized my previous numbers were off by half... I combust about 4g a day lol

I might have a problem

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
id be broke as a joke but high as gently caress

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

'Red 2 17%-20% THC' is Super Lemon Haze
'NOIDECS BOL CMC T10:C10' is Critical Mass

I'm just waiting for the pharmacist to phone me up and to arrange payment, and it'll then be couriered straight to me.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

thathonkey posted:

id be broke as a joke but high as gently caress

I get it cheap but my tolerance is truly ludicrous... I've gotten to that point where I'm literally always high so, if u think about it, I'm actually never high

:thunkher:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

fuctifino posted:

I'm just waiting for the pharmacist to phone me up and to arrange payment, and it'll then be couriered straight to me.

That's a lot of words just to say smoke weed. One prescription blunt, plz

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Seems odd compared to US “recommendations”. Does “gram” mean gram of flower or gram of THC?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you cant really weigh out thc at home so im guessing flower

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I would like one gram of pure THC please and thank you

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
0.1g?

You gotta pump those numbers up those are rookie numbers.

jk, if 0.1g gets you toasted then that’s awesome — don’t overdo it and keep that tolerance level.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

boop the snoot posted:

0.1g?

You gotta pump those numbers up those are rookie numbers.

jk, if 0.1g gets you toasted then that’s awesome — don’t overdo it and keep that tolerance level.

I vape about 0.5g a day at the moment using the dynavap, and it's enough. I'm just as medicated as I was when I used to combust ~4g a day.

Vaping 1g a day will be more than enough for my needs.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Simone Magus posted:

I would like one gram of pure THC please and thank you
Yeah that’s how it works in this state for non-flower products. A 1 gram vape cart which is tested at 80% THC counts as 800mg towards your rec. Flower is a straight “you can buy 2.5 ounces every 35 days”.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I buy my distillate in 1ml syringes, which I guess is pretty much equal to 1g and is pure THC. But that's off the naughty market rather than the protection racket market.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

fuctifino posted:

Do you have to consult with a doctor any time you buy a different strain?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

Do you have to consult with a doctor any time you buy a different strain?

I think you can haggle with the pharmacist when you speak to them. Prices go from £5/g up to £13.75/g. As long as the THC is in the right ballpark, you can switch strains.

https://cannapedia.org.uk/Prices

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Yeah that’s how it works in this state for non-flower products. A 1 gram vape cart which is tested at 80% THC counts as 800mg towards your rec. Flower is a straight “you can buy 2.5 ounces every 35 days”.

Oh cool! I'm hopefully moving to a legal state soon :)

Though I gotta say, it's funny hearing Americans complain about good weed being hard to get on the black market, and I'm like, let me show you what counts as "mids" in Ireland lol

Everything I've gotten in America so far has been great, no seeds or stems, big bright nugs that smell amazing and give you a head change in literally one puff

Irish weed is like, let me smoke two entire spliffs every morning just to get a head change

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its actually harder to get bad weed on the US black market than good and has been like that in my area for at least a decade now. its a big and varied country though, if you live outside of a major city thats probably a different story.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

thathonkey posted:

its actually harder to get bad weed on the US black market than good and has been like that in my area for at least a decade now. its a big and varied country though, if you live outside of a major city thats probably a different story.

Do you think that's because of legalization or just better growing practices?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Probably both but mainly the latter, it's so easy to grow good weed these days. From finding the seeds to getting your grow setup it's so easy to get good equipment and good information on what to do. Fertilization is easy to come by no matter how you choose to approach that. You'd have to go out of your way to grow crappy weed.

Also just because weed has seeds in it doesn't make it lovely. That can be an indication that no craps were given, but from my own experiments with seed production you can still get nice and toasted from a plant loaded down with seeds. Just not efficient either growing- or smoking-wise.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Do you think that's because of legalization or just better growing practices?

both, and even in places where it isnt legal yet, its fully mainstream now. many places it is de facto legal.

turns out people really like weed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The quality of UK online vendor weed has increased dramatically over the past few years, especially with the branded extract and medible markets. The quality of some of the buds I've had over the past year have been incredible, and probably on par with Cali and other legal markets.

I think society has definitely turned a corner, and there's no going back to the bad old days of full-on prohibition.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

Same but I live in a populated metro area like you mentioned, so I'm sure that influences it.

I'm excited for the long weekend and plenty of time to get zooted and stare at plants and birds and poo poo

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I wish the edibles in my state were stronger than 100mg THC because I don't want to eat three entire candy bars to feel something :(

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Video Nasty posted:

I wish the edibles in my state were stronger than 100mg THC because I don't want to eat three entire candy bars to feel something :(

Is it normal to need so much edibles to feel something? I kinda feel like I don't usually feel anything unless I eat 75mg+ worth of edibles. But I'm also fortunate to have a medical card in a state where I can get packs of edibles that are 1000mg total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I can feel about 1mg of edibles.