Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Everyone please stop bullying Rarity and go do the :siren: Prediction Game :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Taz is a nu metal guy

was there any doubt

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

coconono posted:

was there any doubt

It's nice to have it confirmed

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

IcePhoenix posted:

Everyone please stop bullying Rarity and go do the :siren: Prediction Game :siren:

Time to see if I can out think myself to the bottom of the rankings again!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

90% of wrestlers are nu-metal guys. It’s the official
Music genre of wrestling because they’re both stuck in the early 2000s.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

90% of wrestlers are nu-metal guys. It’s the official
Music genre of wrestling because they’re both stuck in the early 2000s.

and that rules :colbert:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Taz bobbing his head back and forth in traffic looking like a sunglasses profile pic Twitter guy going ham singing Jonathan Davis lyrics

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Taz bobbing his head back and forth in traffic looking like a sunglasses profile pic Twitter guy going ham singing Jonathan Davis lyrics

wanna hear him do the scat bit from Freak On A Leash

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smarxist posted:

oh god you know he would too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

oh god you know he would too

I need to hear this in his thick New Yorker accent.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

smarxist posted:

That was the exact thing I was thinking of but I couldn't figure out a way to describe it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Taz being a nu metal guy makes perfect sense. Sonny loving nu metal makes my head hurt.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Someone steals a spot from me
Your gimmick is infringing
Orange looks are mine to stay
Feel the Kata Ha Jime

MMMMMM BAH BAH OOOOOOOOOOH BAMBADEEDA GO!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

Someone steals a spot from me
Your gimmick is infringing
Orange looks are mine to stay
Feel the Kata Ha Jime

MMMMMM BAH BAH OOOOOOOOOOH BAMBADEEDA GO!

:perfect:

*me listening intently* ... i think he's saying "gently caress sabu" a lot?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WWE released Tom Phillips for some unknown reason (read: they stink).

I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Tom pop up as a backstage dude in AEW. Or even a commentator, put him in the booth with Tony and Paul on Elevation because that team still isn't really clicking for me. Tall Paul is just okay.

I know not every WWE firing needs to be hired by someone else, but I feel like announcers and backstage people can always be slotted in somewhere and Tom seemed pretty good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
all the vlogs this week were good. i like when kingston went off about no more stinky feet and when hangman drew anna in the picture sneakily

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
After doing the prediction thread and thinking about it, "The Inner Circle has to break up" is such a weird stipulation. Like, SCU breaking up was an easy idea; Frankie and CD can't tag team anymore. But presumably if the Inner Circle breaks up, Santana and Ortiz are still a team. Can Jericho and Sammy still team up? Can Jericho still have Hager as his backup?

It's just weird since a faction isn't really a formalized team to begin with for normal matches. What if they all still like each other and want to hang out backstage and have dinner together? Is the stipulation "you can't be friends anymore?" Sorry Chris Jericho, your buddy Hager who prevented you from an assassination attempt seven years ago in Abu Dhabi is getting beaten down in the ring, you can't run in for the save because your faction got disbanded.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

WWE released Tom Phillips for some unknown reason (read: they stink).

Wasn't he still their NXT commentator?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

Wasn't he still their NXT commentator?

no its vic travligante beth phoenix and bad news barrett

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I feel like Marvez is filling that Tom Phillips role of "backstage interviewer that everybody can freely dunk on" pretty well right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

graph posted:

no its vic travligante beth phoenix and bad news barrett

Vic's last name might be hard for middle America. Has he considered a stage name? Vic Venom, maybe?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Imagine the split Tom Phillips would have to do to accommodate AEW’s more normal-sized roster.

Also I stand by Rarity’s microwave burger opinion, it’s loving 1 in the morning your options are cooking like an rear end in a top hat in the middle of the night or paying too much for a lovely dominos pizza because they’re the only thing open all night. Rustlers is an upgrade over both.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

StarkRavingMad posted:

After doing the prediction thread and thinking about it, "The Inner Circle has to break up" is such a weird stipulation. Like, SCU breaking up was an easy idea; Frankie and CD can't tag team anymore. But presumably if the Inner Circle breaks up, Santana and Ortiz are still a team. Can Jericho and Sammy still team up? Can Jericho still have Hager as his backup?

It's just weird since a faction isn't really a formalized team to begin with for normal matches. What if they all still like each other and want to hang out backstage and have dinner together? Is the stipulation "you can't be friends anymore?" Sorry Chris Jericho, your buddy Hager who prevented you from an assassination attempt seven years ago in Abu Dhabi is getting beaten down in the ring, you can't run in for the save because your faction got disbanded.

Jericho and Sammy can do stuff together, Jericho and Hager can do stuff together, but the three of them can't all do stuff together. Three is a faction.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

History Comes Inside! posted:

Imagine the split Tom Phillips would have to do to accommodate AEW’s more normal-sized roster.

Also I stand by Rarity’s microwave burger opinion, it’s loving 1 in the morning your options are cooking like an rear end in a top hat in the middle of the night or paying too much for a lovely dominos pizza because they’re the only thing open all night. Rustlers is an upgrade over both.

Maybe they'd just let Tom tower over everyone for comedic purposes. Imagine him interviewing Leyla Hirsch and his head isn't even in frame the whole time.

Microwave burgers from the convenience stores around me are a horror, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy the occasional 7-11 chilidog or roller taquito

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's weird that there are a lot of wrestlers who are bad at selling because that seems like easily the most fun part of being a wrestler, getting your rear end beat and making it look vicious and cool

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vince MechMahon posted:

Vic's last name might be hard for middle America. Has he considered a stage name? Vic Venom, maybe?

yeah he uses vic joseph. his previous job was being the local sports radio update guy here

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
cooking after midnight is called “dark lunch” and it rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don't you dare replace Alex Marvez. That man is a treasure.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WatermelonGun posted:

cooking after midnight is called “dark lunch” and it rules

I've always thought of it as fourthmeal but that may just be the Taco Bell branding stuck in my brain

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I've always thought of it as fourthmeal but that may just be the Taco Bell branding stuck in my brain

taco bell got rid of all their food

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WatermelonGun posted:

taco bell got rid of all their food

here is a chalupa where the shell is made of chicken

they brought back potatoes, too

some stuff is still gone, I think everything that used Fritos, but there's plenty of 3 AM stoner food still available

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Taco Bell has two things on their menu:

1. CrunchWrap Supreme
2. Pointless distractions

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I will miss volcano sauce for the rest of my life

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

coconono posted:

Don't you dare replace Alex Marvez. That man is a treasure.

we've come so far on the marvez appreciation wagon

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Every item on the taco Bell menu is the same six ingredients configured in a slightly different way.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Marvez should for sure never be replaced. It does feel like the Elevation commentary team is missing something, though, and maybe it needs Young Boy Tom.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was a mexican pizza man (sub beanz)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Isn’t Jericho likely to go on tour with Fozzy soon?

I think to me, this is just the natural end of the IC’s purpose which was to introduce and build the other stable members through association with the company’s biggest name signing in Jericho. I think they were largely successful building Sammy and PnP, with Hager benefitting the least both because he was already fairly well known by the audience and the least talented member of the group overal.

Jericho is probably going to only wrestle as a special event in the near future as he’s winding down, and I expect it’s likely he’ll be in the commentators booth for Rampage. This leaves the other stablemates more freedom to pursue their own paths now that they’ve been set up for success.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ganso Bomb posted:

Marvez should for sure never be replaced. It does feel like the Elevation commentary team is missing something, though, and maybe it needs Young Boy Tom.

He'd make tall paul look small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Someone’s going to need to call Rampage.