Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I hope they do not jam Classic Sonic awkwardly in another game. Generations worked with it, but Forces would have been better if he were sidelined and Modern Sonic/Player Character gameplay were more fleshed out with meatier zones. Also, it committed the worst sin by Classic Sonic having bad music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't want to wait until september for sonic colors i want it now!!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Looper posted:

It's my Sonic, and I need it Now!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why is it going to take another year to release Sonic Origins?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Looper posted:

https://dolphin-emu.org/

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
When was the stream that got cancelled due to covid where they were first supposed to reveal the next Sonic game?
I can’t believe after all this time that was still all they had/wanted to show for it.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Where's my cybershell rant video on this event

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Oxyclean posted:

I'm going to laugh my rear end of and not be surprised at all if the Origins games aren't the taxman ports, and they use other ports/do new work and end up with less extra features and content then those ports already had.

Like, given CD is already on PC, I have to assume porting 1&2 from iOS probably can't be the hardest option since I assume those 3 all works similarly? But Sega/Sonic team always seems to do stuff in the weirdest ways.

The Android Ports have already been decompiled and run natively on PC/Switch, I can't imagine they won't use the Taxman ports. Let them do Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sega you turds!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i'm playing original colors right now and it's great! but one of my first thoughts on starting it up was "wow i wish i could play this on a system that can do it justice," and unfortunately my laptop does not qualify

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Frankston posted:

Apparently the engine is not easy to port/emulate, which is why the retro engine was such a big deal. It’s also a sign that it probably isn’t the Taxman ports since those are a near decade old and wouldn’t take that much time to port over.

Unless he never really worked on the S3&K port besides the proof-of-concept.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Frankston posted:

Likely so they can use it to promote the upcoming movie that year (in which Tails and Knuckles will both be present)

I kind of hope Sonic 3 is getting an update of some kind but if that was the case they probably would have said something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sorta lukewarm towards Colors Ultimate. Where's my Unleashed Ultimate, huh? Huh?!

I guess I'm vaguely intrigued by that teaser. I dont care if they're waiting until 2022, just make it good.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

More details about Sonic Colors Ultimate
They added the jade ghost wisp from TSR that lets you phase through objects as well as Metal Sonic races that let you unlock stuff. (I guess that’s why they put him in the cartoon they’re making.) There are also cosmetic items as seen in the trailer and the movie tie-in is apparently the electric boost effect.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

It’s up on PSN. Some more details there. $40 for standard and $45 for digital deluxe.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA19345_00-SONICCOLORSULTIM

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Baggot posted:

It’s up on PSN. Some more details there. $40 for standard and $45 for digital deluxe.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA19345_00-SONICCOLORSULTIM

What’s different about the Deluxe version?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Pre-Order Now For Bonus Items -
- Early Access - Hit the ground running and experience Sonic Colors Ultimate early
- Exclusive Player Icons - Stand out from the crowd with your own exclusive player icons

Digital Deluxe also includes -
- Ultimate Cosmetic Pack - Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons
- Ultimate Music Pack - 3 exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman

The evil Dr. Eggman has built an interstellar amusement park – but he’s powering it with a captured alien race called “Wisps.” Use Sonic’s speed to free the Wisps and gain their amazing powers as you explore six unique worlds, filled with hurdles to overcome. Now with stunning upscaled visuals, additional features, new game modes, and enhanced gameplay - it's the Ultimate Sonic Colors experience

Sonic Colors: Ultimate Digital Deluxe includes the Ultimate Cosmetic Pack (Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive Gold and Silver gloves and shoes, an electric lightning effect from the hit Sonic movie, and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons), and the Ultimate Music Pack (3 exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman), as well as early access and your own exclusive player icons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems decent enough at least.

I kind of wish they’d port some of the more obscure Sonic games one day (like Chaotix, SegaSonic, Pocket Adventure, the 3D world segment of Sonic Jam, maybe Sonic Shuffle, etc)

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Ah, yes. Christine Weston Sandler.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m a whore so I bought the deluxe version for early access lol

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

https://twitter.com/KatieChrz/status/1397972387870642178

Sonic 3 will be in widescreen apparently

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I'm probably going to do the same. It helps that I've never played through Sonic Colors so it's a new game to me.

Thank goodness.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

I’m a whore so I bought the deluxe version for early access lol

Have they specified exactly how early is early in this case?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Larryb posted:

Have they specified exactly how early is early in this case?

Sept 3 so about a week early

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

Sept 3 so about a week early

So sometime in late August then, that doesn’t seem too bad.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Larryb posted:

So sometime in late August then, that doesn’t seem too bad.

The game proper releases sept 7 so presumably early access will be late night sept 2

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

The game proper releases sept 7 so presumably early access will be late night sept 2

Ah ok, I assumed September 3rd was the actual release date.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah on PSN it's listed as a 9/6/21 release, and the Digital Deluxe is 9/2/21. So the day after each of those if we're assuming a midnight/late night release on those dates.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sweet, guess they just didn’t have footage from the actual port ready.
Next they should just tweet out “oh by the way Sonic Zap will have a full demo at E3, forgot to mention that”

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The ranking system in Colours didn’t make much sense to me. Getting through the stage quickly, picking up lots of rings and pulling off tricks? B rank. Quick-stepping constantly and going in circles with the drill wisp? S rank.

It’s a good game, but I’d take a streamlined version of Unleashed with no QTEs and optional werehog segments any day. Keep Eggmanland as it is so you can either do the werehog stages to level up and make it easier, or just skip them and tackle it at level 1.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

The fact that they've yet to announce or tease another 2D game in the style of Mania has me nearly convinced they're still put off by Mania's success. It feels like such a no brainer, and for a series/team with such a rocky track record, I think it's really silly to act like they're above doing the same thing twice.

They'll use the Origins collection as a litmus test to see if they should greenlight a new 2D game. And if sells poorly because it's got poor emulation, they're tired of buying the Genesis games for the tenth time or whatever? Guess nobody wants a 2D Sonic.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
now that sonic central is over, i can go back to furiously refreshing the store page for the anniversary comic

this art is so cute!!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

The ranking system in Colours didn’t make much sense to me. Getting through the stage quickly, picking up lots of rings and pulling off tricks? B rank. Quick-stepping constantly and going in circles with the drill wisp? S rank.

It’s a good game, but I’d take a streamlined version of Unleashed with no QTEs and optional werehog segments any day. Keep Eggmanland as it is so you can either do the werehog stages to level up and make it easier, or just skip them and tackle it at level 1.

Yeah Colors has ranking based much much more of score rather than time. I wonder if that's something they'll adjust. It was Generations that did the ranking system right, focusing on speed and not dying.

Hell ye Colors outside of Wii! I can't express how excited I am to play this on a system I actually own and enjoy! Now to decide wether to play it on PC or Switch...

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also the new Sonic game coming out on all the platforms makes me weary of what the actual quality will be. The Switch and PS5 are so far apart in raw computing power it's not even funny, making games that target both systems will require some serious compromise.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kikas posted:

Also the new Sonic game coming out on all the platforms makes me weary of what the actual quality will be. The Switch and PS5 are so far apart in raw computing power it's not even funny, making games that target both systems will require some serious compromise.

Its a good thing then its a PS4 game then. :v:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

At least it was better than the Zelda anniversary direct. :v:

Ryan Drummond walks into frame and says "I bet you think I'm here to announce remasters of the Sonic Adventure games, don't you? Well..."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's still a Wii game at heart, the graphics won't be as good on Switch but they'll be better than the original, and it'll play the same on any system.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Now we need to know which soundtrack it'll use.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Kikas posted:

It’s probably going to be for the Switch Pro and won’t do things like real time particle effects lighting so that would make it much more achievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This Sonic game was likely developed for PS4 and Xbox, and will be either up or downscaled for the next-gen and Switch versions.