Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god I'm reading that Miro article and the interviewer called him 'a big guy' and I'm pretty sure that that guy is dead in a ditch somewhere now :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I hate to come back to the microwaved UK burger thing but I suspect that was a focus grouped sponsored post that Cody paid for to get Ogogo some more heel heat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody is the centrist democrat of faces.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mons Hubris posted:

I hate to come back to the microwaved UK burger thing but I suspect that was a focus grouped sponsored post that Cody paid for to get Ogogo some more heel heat.

I would never betray my liege lord Sir Anthony Ogogo

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cody's got a whole other side of the neck for the Pride Skull, let's show a little more commitment than a t-shirt

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't think Marvez should be replaced but I do think someone might need to fill in for his duties when he's off interviewing Kenny Omega in increasingly unlikely places.

Philips can do a backstage interview while Marvez is accosting Omega mid-skydive

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BodyMassageMachine posted:

:allears:

How do you sleep on this guy for YEARS???

they didnt sleep on him, they game him a 9 month cuck program

remember when he was so over the greeting at mania was 'happy rusev day' and they didnt do poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1397969790829051904?s=20

Sounds like Trios or Women's Tag, as expected

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Get it tattooed on the other side if you really mean it, coward Cody

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i gotta say, if Cody's america rah rah promo was calculated to make him a heel to millennial/zoomers audiences and Ogogo goes over, then AEW is loving brilliant

edit:
look how peaceful Darby looks :unsmith:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I roll my eyes at kayfabe purists but I see an interview like this and it fills me with glee

As someone with no attachment to pre-AEW Miro I am 1000% in on the dude now

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Don't tell anyone but I found exclusive footage of Dante and Miro rehearsing their promos in preparation for Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-oJTZ1b5Q

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Double or Nothing looks to be like the best thing I've seen all we--

The best wrestling thing I've seen all we--

The best wrestling thing I will be watching for the first time all week.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

smarxist posted:

i gotta say, if Cody's america rah rah promo was calculated to make him a heel to millennial/zoomers audiences and Ogogo goes over, then AEW is loving brilliant
cody has been a heel since the tom brady drop, i will continue screaming this on a street corner until the cops come for me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dromal phrenia posted:

I don't think Marvez should be replaced but I do think someone might need to fill in for his duties when he's off interviewing Kenny Omega in increasingly unlikely places.

Philips can do a backstage interview while Marvez is accosting Omega mid-skydive

They already have Dasha for other backstage stuff, no need to scoot her out of the way for a Tom.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

cams posted:

cody has been a heel since the tom brady drop, i will continue screaming this on a street corner until the cops come for me

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1397972142541742086?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

total centrist democrat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

seriously

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the minor detail I like with Ogogo is he wads up the union jack and doesn't really show it any respect compared to Cody almost diving across the ring to protect his colors.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i play it up for effect because it's funny to me, but i do genuinely believe that cody knows what he's doing with his "plausible deniability" heel angle. he played to it a lot when he was doing the us title challenge thing. he doesn't do things that betray the trust of people who genuinely like him, but he constantly drops smaller things that play to the people that don't like him. it's good work and it makes me genuinely enjoy hating him.

i hope ogogo beats him up!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cams posted:

i play it up for effect because it's funny to me, but i do genuinely believe that cody knows what he's doing with his "plausible deniability" heel angle. he played to it a lot when he was doing the us title challenge thing. he doesn't do things that betray the trust of people who genuinely like him, but he constantly drops smaller things that play to the people that don't like him. it's good work and it makes me genuinely enjoy hating him.

i hope ogogo beats him up!!!

Ogogo's working with the guy that hosed over his family, Cody is definitely the face

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ogogo's working with the guy that hosed over his family, Cody is definitely the face
the guy who hosed over his family was the face

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is there going to be an extra Dark before or after the PPV? Probably not with Dynamite being pushed forward, but I always enjoyed those.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
face gently caress family

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynamite After DoN. Ogogo has beaten Cody. He comes out and says that he was right about America but the UK isn't any better. He's going to set it to rights with the help of a friend who needs no introduction, but Taka's going to intro him anyway:

https://youtu.be/5UcJ1lMhKTU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think it's cool that having ended racism, Cody is going after homophobia next.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Dynamite After DoN. Ogogo has beaten Cody. He comes out and says that he was right about America but the UK isn't any better. He's going to set it to rights with the help of a friend who needs no introduction, but Taka's going to intro him anyway:

https://youtu.be/5UcJ1lMhKTU

God they'd be perfect together :allears:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Cody is going to win the match and then Ogogo puts him on the shelf so he still gets 'the rub' and Cody still gets a vacation. Some guy is gonna eat a month probe on this technicality.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cody should start wearing a rat outfit to the ring cause that's all that's missing for his current Mayo Pete gimmick.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Rarity posted:

God they'd be perfect together :allears:

Zsj traps some shmuck in orienteering with napalm death, then ogogo calmly walks over and punches his head off

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Zsj traps some shmuck in orienteering with napalm death, then ogogo calmly walks over and punches his head off

This has now led me to wonder which of ZSJ’s finishers I’d most like to hear JR try to call.

I’m leaning towards Clarkey Cat

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ZSJ, Taichi and Ogogo would be the new dream trio team

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This has now led me to wonder which of ZSJ’s finishers I’d most like to hear JR try to call.

I’m leaning towards Clarkey Cat

The one that references Eastenders

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/lola_bluu/status/1397969360682196996?s=21

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I think it's cool that having ended racism, Cody is going after homophobia next.
In an angle where Nyla is the heel

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ogogo calling Cody a pissboy was an immediate face turn for me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

fawning deference posted:

Ogogo calling Cody a pissboy was an immediate face turn for me.

anyone talking about piss is a face in my opinion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody is a good person and will defeat Ogogo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ive broken ribs before and let me tell you i wouldn't want to wrestle cody on broken ribs. I wouldn't want to have to bend sideways to get between the ropes! It sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just a reminder to the mods: I :toxx:'d myself saying if Miro doesn't retain the title at the PPV then I will eat a prob for a month. If he doesn't retain the title this Friday I'll eat that prob then as well. Bottom line - my guy is holding onto the title past Sunday.