Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Thrall adventure was pretty easy compared to the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
People who spend the entire match ensuring that the timer runs down as slowly as possible are scum. I hope their loved ones are in a car accident.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
guys i solved the shaman class issue. just give us this in the mini set:

:edit: and this. things will finally be alright.

Last King fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 26, 2021

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Devo posted:

Thrall adventure was pretty easy compared to the rest

Yeah, though Jaina was obnoxious and took forever to build up a big enough board to actually get some damage in. Think she was still at full HP until turn 11 or so, for reference.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I struggled against Mannoroth.

Against Jaina it took a while to build up an actual board and then in the final fight against Garrosh he just ran out of steam.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I went for the big golden bundle and have a shitload of dust burning a hole in my pocket but I'm telling myself I really shouldn't craft anything until the mini-set comes out. I opened almost everything I need for Rush Warrior though so I'm kind of tempted to give it a shot. What's the best list going around? I see some with ETC some without.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 26, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

goferchan posted:

I went for the big golden bundle and have a shitload of dust burning a hole in my pocket but I'm telling myself I really shouldn't craft anything until the mini-set comes out. I opened almost everything I need for Rush Warrior though so I'm kind of tempted to give it a shot. What's the best list going around? I see some with ETC some without.

Yes ETC is in the best list but is replaceable. Current list runs Tent Thrashers instead of Shield of Honors so if you don't have ETC you can just add one of those:

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (5) Tent Trasher
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAQcGwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEDLu5A7y5A+LMA93NA6fOA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA8TeA5HkA5jtAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/fi0EoAykWEPzvelkikzfrg/

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Say what you will about the amount of RNG in this children's card game, but a Hanar-generated Shenanigans turning a Primal Protector drawn (what I assume was) Survival of the Fittest into a Banana and summoning that 1/1 imp is my new favourite moment. :discourse:

Sometimes I don't know why I play other classes than Rogue.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ugh, minor Duels gripe:

If you have picked the "Can't be Overloaded' Shaman power, the game should never loving offer a Passive that relies on being Overloaded. Especially since I'm guessing that Passive is weighted towards decks that have a lot of Overload cards. You know, the exact same kind of cards you want in a Can't be Overloaded deck.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I have a daily quest to watch a friend win in Spectator mode. However I don't have any friends that play Hearthstone. So my bnet tag is Dunxco#2125 - if some folks could hit me up with a friend request so I can spectate and get the daily done I'd be deeply appreciative. I promise not to be a creepy stalker (I probably won't even contact you beyond the odd watching a match for when the daily comes up).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

DeadButDelicious posted:

I have a daily quest to watch a friend win in Spectator mode. However I don't have any friends that play Hearthstone. So my bnet tag is Dunxco#2125 - if some folks could hit me up with a friend request so I can spectate and get the daily done I'd be deeply appreciative. I promise not to be a creepy stalker (I probably won't even contact you beyond the odd watching a match for when the daily comes up).

I just sent you one. Playing some Duels right now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man this shaman book of heroes really makes me disappointed with what became of shaman in standard.

It could be really cool to get to a mixture of fire/earth/water/wind elementals and spells. Fire could damage the entire board. Earth could be Frenzy cards. Water could be board heals. Wind could be spell burst. Could have been a really fun mixture of elements to become more aggressive to more controlling.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Maybe they are keeping back that theme for a Monk class next year?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
They played up the Mercenaries mode so much at the virtual blizzcon, but haven't really delivered at all. When Thrall just hit I thought it would be in that mode, but nope! Just another lackluster hero theme of games. Jaina is the only one that stalled me once, but overall it was definitely one of the easier book of heroes runs.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

They played up the Mercenaries mode so much at the virtual blizzcon, but haven't really delivered at all. When Thrall just hit I thought it would be in that mode, but nope! Just another lackluster hero theme of games. Jaina is the only one that stalled me once, but overall it was definitely one of the easier book of heroes runs.

Those aren't the Mercenaries mode. The Book of Heroes stuff is entirely separate.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
Ragnaros vs. Nefarian brawl this week, always fun to see that. Though the fun might also come from me getting a golden Sphere of Sapience from my brawl pack.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Flayer posted:

Maybe they are keeping back that theme for a Monk class next year?

Back in January they said they wouldn't be releasing another new class for at least two years. Which is probably just as well based on how DH went.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To keep in tune with the Monk over in WoW, they start each expansion cycle doing fairly well, and then the rest of the year is them getting more and more outclassed. :v:

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
It is hilarious that Blizzard is trying to get people to pay :10bux: in real American dollars for five packs of Shaman cards. Right now. When Shaman has no competitive decks because it doesn't have enough good cards. I get that it's tied to the Thrall BoH solo content, but I can't imagine the person who would buy this.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh. I guess the premade decks are gone. Would be nice if it says when they were leaving somewhere in the game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Regalingualius posted:

To keep in tune with the Monk over in WoW, they start each expansion cycle doing fairly well, and then the rest of the year is them getting more and more outclassed. :v:

Wasn't Monk actually very underpowered when MoP first launched
which was in direct contrast to both DK and later DH

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh. I guess the premade decks are gone. Would be nice if it says when they were leaving somewhere in the game.

It said it in the launcher for several days before they disappeared :shrug:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wasn't Monk actually very underpowered when MoP first launched
which was in direct contrast to both DK and later DH

I was more referencing how Windwalker has had a tendency of doing fairly well early in an expansion’s cycle, but as gear (and stats) improves from newer raids, the other classes start scaling up far better than WW does.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

YolkaEd posted:

Ragnaros vs. Nefarian brawl this week, always fun to see that. Though the fun might also come from me getting a golden Sphere of Sapience from my brawl pack.

Is there a way to win as Neferian besides Rag getting super bad draws?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

extremely cool and fun turn 3 in duels

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is there a way to win as Neferian besides Rag getting super bad draws?
If Neferian gets any of its good draws (eg that 7/7 that makes all your cards costs 3 less) it's almost impossible for Rag to survive. If Neferian isn't able to pressure Rags life total then Rag turns into the favourite once the mana has ramped up and the new hero power comes online. I'd say its actually a pretty even contest in terms of win percentage although plenty of games end in blow outs due to the wild imbalance in power level of some of the cards - drawing the best cards for either hero can just immediately break the match.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

L0cke17 posted:

It said it in the launcher for several days before they disappeared :shrug:

Phone has no launcher

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh my. Just managed to see a Hunter have lethal on Turn 4, in Standard, going first. That's certainly A Thing.

T1:
Intrepid Initiate

T2:
Demon Companion (Kolek)
Demon Companion (Kolek)

T3:
Kolkar Pack Runner
Wound Prey

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Shwqa posted:

Man this shaman book of heroes really makes me disappointed with what became of shaman in standard.

It could be really cool to get to a mixture of fire/earth/water/wind elementals and spells. Fire could damage the entire board. Earth could be Frenzy cards. Water could be board heals. Wind could be spell burst. Could have been a really fun mixture of elements to become more aggressive to more controlling.

Yeah, I was having similar feelings. Shaman just seems to always either be sub-par or randomly overpowered due to some brief gimmick that has nothing to do with its class identity. I would really love it if they could make something cool out of the whole elemental concept. Without it just ending up all going to Mage instead.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mini-set card reveal starts tomorrow. https://youtu.be/iOwV2yzqEL4

Looks like we are getting some druid of fang, some beast, and a legendary murloc by the looks of the video.

Hopefully they don't do something stupid and make the murloc a shaman card and have it "corrupt" your board.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 27, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm expecting them to be lazy and just lift a whole of bunch of assets / ideas from the existing wailing caverns already established in wow.

https://www.wowhead.com/wailing-caverns

looks like lady anaconda and mutanus are alerady in... prolly expect the other wc bosses and a bunch of the creatures / mobs in there to show up as well...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Last King posted:

i'm expecting them to be lazy and just lift a whole of bunch of assets / ideas from the existing wailing caverns already established in wow.

https://www.wowhead.com/wailing-caverns

looks like lady anaconda and mutanus are alerady in... prolly expect the other wc bosses and a bunch of the creatures / mobs in there to show up as well...

Yes, that's.... that's how that usually works for about half the cards or so.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I was happy to see the big dumb turtle that drops the good shield in the cinematic.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

vS Data Reaper Report #197
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-197/

I actually got one novel deck-tweaking call right, which was to run Sneaky Delinquent in Deathrattle Demon Hunter!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
DesertBus#1367

you want 15 free packs? message me in game! if you're already my friend it'll be instant, new friends take 3 days cause of AML/KYC poo poo. i've done this three times and no one has come out unhappy except the people who don't jump on it.

this poo poo seriously goes like 15 seconds after i hit the post button so good luck!

EDIT: y'all are slow today i'm walking away for a smoke, it's now whoever's message i notice first

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 27, 2021

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

I was happy to see the big dumb turtle that drops the good shield in the cinematic.

I'm hoping the legendary has a deathrattle to equip a shield weapon that deals spike damage on getting attacked.

Overall I'm really sad only 4 legendaries, and the Fen Creeper at the end isn't one of them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Desert Bus posted:

DesertBus#1367

you want 15 free packs? message me in game! if you're already my friend it'll be instant, new friends take 3 days cause of AML/KYC poo poo. i've done this three times and no one has come out unhappy except the people who don't jump on it.

this poo poo seriously goes like 15 seconds after i hit the post button so good luck!

EDIT: y'all are slow today i'm walking away for a smoke, it's now whoever's message i notice first

this is me posting about it so nobody else bugs you

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

flatluigi posted:

this is me posting about it so nobody else bugs you

CLAIMED BY THIS PERSON

(got 4 new Goon friends from this again lol <3 )

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

sirtommygunn posted:

lmao, awesome. Somehow I still remember that fucker pacing along his path in the bottom of the ditch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
gd it, a few posts and a few hours too early!

seriously though, good poo poo for doing this - need to up my f5 game to try to get these packs!