Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

They still have to salute and follow the same regs- old etiquette says they are to be saluted regardless of rank, but it's not official, and cannot be enforced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Dakota Meyer is full of poo poo and my only evidence is that he chose to be in the Palin family.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

Found out what it was-
He complained about dudes wearing kit who aren't in the service. He feels there is no need for a civilian to own or wear kit. He os mocking dudes who run their gear on the range and poo poo.

I went looking for recent news stories, but found only this.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah wasn't that a minor goof in Forrest Gump when the officer gives him his discharge papers but doesn't salute him?

No because why would you salute indoors like that?

I hate that I still know this

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don’t marry the prettiest girl at the party like Dakota did. Instead, find the pissed off chick yelling at the beer pong table because she’s losing. Marry her. She’ll raise winners, and you want your kids to be winners.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That looks like some High School Baseball poo poo that went down when I was a kid playing. loving love seeing it happen in the pro’s.

All the first baseman needed to do was step on the base, and he got completely flustered when Baez turned around. I love it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

All the first baseman needed to do was step on the base, and he got completely flustered when Baez turned around. I love it.

"I've gotta announce my presence with authority!" :downs:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1397934640762081280?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man. The Cubs are a constant source of pleasure and pain. I haven't paid attention since their world series win, but I love when they get one over on another team. So many years, they languished as baseballs' version of the Jamaican bobsled team. Good for them for making someone else look like a fool.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dakota Meyer just seems like he was a mark for the Palin family, nothing I’ve heard about him seemed to tell any story other than he got played and he’s probably a bit of a chud.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Israel just keeping it going
https://twitter.com/LinahAlsaafin/status/1397966767306285058?s=19

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
drat, if only it wasn't anti-semitic to say anything other than israel is very much entitled to defend itself and gal gidot is a talented actress and also do literally nothing (except give them hella money) :(

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The same day that Greene said that wearing masks is like the holocaust the National Review ran an article about “Addressing the Dems antisemitism”

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The same day that Greene said that wearing masks is like the holocaust the National Review ran an article about “Addressing the Dems antisemitism”

eve fartlow

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Brood X being centered in DC (and apparently Indiana?!) leads to some pretty flustered political people.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1398031493717504001

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

Brood X being centered in DC (and apparently Indiana?!) leads to some pretty flustered political people.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1398031493717504001

https://twitter.com/Beabosaur/status/1117286347964858370?s=20

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I think what most pisses me off about the success of this particular line of right wing propaganda is that as a Jewish American I feel like I cannot at all talk about anti-Semitism in American society or my own personal experiences with anti-Semitism without either side of the culture war completely ignoring everything I said and twisting it to suit their preferred narrative about Israel/Palestine. Either I'm automatically talking in bad faith because obviously I believe ethnic cleansing in Palestine is actually cool and good, or "how could I possibly be anti-Semitic I'm supporting your country so hard right now?"

PS. Of course dems have issues with anti-Semitism. Dems are Americans, and western societies aren't going to magically remove all historically rooted biases against minority groups overnight even if certain individuals think racism/sexism/*-ism is bad now and genuinely want to be better.

PPS. Free Palestine

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

they did this exact poo poo with Corbyn and the Labour party and it worked wonderfully

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I have no idea how baseball is played (beyond the obvious like "hit the ball" and "run around the 5(?) plates"). So I decided to look it up in news articles and I still absolutely don't understand what happened, except that Will Craig is apparently at fault, having made some of the worst mistakes in baseball history.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Basically 1st base, where you run to after you make contact with the ball is somewhat special. All you have to do is touch the base with any part of your body while holding the ball before the runner makes it there.

Other bases aren’t always this way, as if there is no one behind you, you don’t have to advance bases, so the only way to get tagged out is if you aren’t standing on a base (essentially a safe zone) and the person who touches you is hold the ball. So instead of just casually walking to the base and touching his foot to it, ending that inning, he chased the batter like it was 2nd or 3rd base, causing a stupendously stupid turn of events.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Torrannor posted:

I have no idea how baseball is played (beyond the obvious like "hit the ball" and "run around the 5(?) plates"). So I decided to look it up in news articles and I still absolutely don't understand what happened, except that Will Craig is apparently at fault, having made some of the worst mistakes in baseball history.

All Craig the first baseman had to do was take 2 steps backwards and touch the base and the inning was over. He majorly over complicated an incredibly simple play and cost his team.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 28, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And we thank him for it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

https://twitter.com/3yearletterman/status/1397971533847539713?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress that guy.

"Showstopping umpire" ruining kids games. Exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat that drives kids away.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This seems like a good a reason as any top kill the filibuster.

Manchin? Sinema?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

"Showstopping umpire" ruining kids games. Exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat that drives kids away.

:ssh:

(That’s sports Twitter’s getfiscal)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

It's a parody account.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

three year letterman isn't real, he can't hurt you

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Platystemon posted:

This seems like a good a reason as any top kill the filibuster.

Manchin? Sinema?

Shocking news about Manchin

quote:

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Thursday he is not willing to abolish the legislative filibuster if Republicans block the creation of a bipartisan commission to investigate the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, which they are set to do within hours.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

:ssh:

(That’s sports Twitter’s getfiscal)

Of course.

I gave up twitter last year so the forums links are all I see of it.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

I'm like 70% sure that's a gimmick account doing an Uncle Rico/Ron Swanson thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

You’re just jealous of his DVD collection

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Weirdest UXO case I've heard of in a while, someone found a WW1 25 pound aerial bomb in their shed in Myrtle Beach

https://wpde.com/news/local/gallery/did-you-hear-that-an-unexploded-ordnance-found-in-a-myrtle-beach-shed-was-just-disposed-of

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

shame on an IGA posted:

Weirdest UXO case I've heard of in a while, someone found a WW1 25 pound aerial bomb in their shed in Myrtle Beach

https://wpde.com/news/local/gallery/did-you-hear-that-an-unexploded-ordnance-found-in-a-myrtle-beach-shed-was-just-disposed-of

yeah that fuse looks a little suss to be a dummy practice bomb.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sacrist65 posted:

I'm like 70% sure that's a gimmick account doing an Uncle Rico/Ron Swanson thing.

Yeah, that's alright. The Onionization of everything is getting hard to keep up with.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crab Dad posted:

yeah that fuse looks a little suss to be a dummy practice bomb.

Yeah, I thought it might be a Hedgehog depth bomb at first, but that's apparently what those practice bombs look like.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, that's alright. The Onionization of everything is getting hard to keep up with.

I thought he was an rear end in a top hat at first, but if you read the comments there are a couple of "cheerleader" account that keep talking about how he has so many championship ring and how dare you question him. Its just to perfect to be real

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NO DON'T DO IT JOE

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1398302621388185603?s=19

STICK TO ICE CREAM

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1398002171845640193?s=19

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Big Y I K E S here
https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1398266757924667397

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

In the spirit of current events, when asked about violence in Palestine or student debt forgiveness at the climbing gym, Joe can tell them to "go climb a rope" instead of addressing the substance of a reporter's question.