Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gaz-L posted:

...Aren't DC books supposed to go on shelves on Tuesday now?

They are, but I like most stores still do Wednesday release for everything. Just easier to pull my subscribers once instead of twice.

Lunar sends the DC books out nearly a full week ahead of the sale date. My new books for Tuesday probably arrived for me to inventory and report damages on the previous Thursday, and Wednesday isn't unheard of. If Diamond could get us the books even one more day earlier it would be huge. Interested to see how things go with PRH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Gripweed posted:

I understand Diamond has a lot of problems and I'm glad comic book stores have better options now but I don't see why people need to start dragging Zombie Tramp about it.

To its credit, Zombie Tramp knows what it is and who it's for. A comic for skeezeballs. I suppose that's more admirable than something like, I dunno... Robyn Hood?

Lunar sending out books so early legitimately frightened me, and then quickly made me hate Diamond that much more. You're required to place orders months in advance, only for them to regularly deliver damaged or incomplete orders halfway through the day on the day of release. Total racket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Diamond is perfectly capable of doing that, they just choose not to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inkspot posted:

To its credit, Zombie Tramp knows what it is and who it's for. A comic for skeezeballs. I suppose that's more admirable than something like, I dunno... Robyn Hood?

Lunar sending out books so early legitimately frightened me, and then quickly made me hate Diamond that much more. You're required to place orders months in advance, only for them to regularly deliver damaged or incomplete orders halfway through the day on the day of release. Total racket.

I legit thought Zombie Tramp was a made up book until this post.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

I legit thought Zombie Tramp was a made up book until this post.

It's been going for years and is the tentpole of Action Lab Comics' shared universe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah, yes, the Action Lab Comics shared universe.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Ah, yes, the Action Lab Comics shared universe.

They definitely cornered the marked on exposed rotting titty covers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cancer has been going for years and is a tentpole of US death statistics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you goons aren't reading Black Widow you're missing out. Features Surprise Character Return!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
MoS feel free to use that rainbow text block background from heroes reborn 4 for a gay character if you ever get a chance, would very much enjoy it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm enjoying Heroes Reborn way more than I expected I would possibly like something called Heroes Reborn.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm enjoying Heroes Reborn way more than I expected I would possibly like something called Heroes Reborn.

It is crazy to me too. Easily one of the best events in years from any company, and one of the most fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I concur.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m skipping Heroes Reborn but just saw that loving Stokoe did 4? Suddenly interested in it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m skipping Heroes Reborn but just saw that loving Stokoe did 4? Suddenly interested in it.
He does the main story, yeah, and it's entirely a fight between Rocket Raccoon and Doctor Spectrum.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah its worth reading just the one issue for the art at least

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

He does the main story, yeah, and it's entirely a fight between Rocket Raccoon and Doctor Spectrum.

Doctor Spectrum is the Green Lantern knock-off, right?

gently caress, don't tell me these things, now I want to read it too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Heroes Reborn is great. It's in the same vein as Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Secret Wars, etc in that it's a universe that's been completely remade that only like one or two people know about. And like all of those it has some rad spinoffs.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What's been the lead up to it? Did Franklin make another pocket universe again?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe it's all to do with Phil Coulson, who's a bad guy in the books for some reason?

I'm trying really hard not to be tempted by the book that's basically the old school Thunderbolts.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I believe it's all to do with Phil Coulson, who's a bad guy in the books for some reason?

I'm trying really hard not to be tempted by the book that's basically the old school Thunderbolts.

Coulson was a good guy who got killed during the nazi Captain America thing and went to hell and became evil.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Heroes Reborn is great, but I’ve been enjoying Aaron’s bonkers rear end Avengers from the start.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Coulson was a good guy who got killed during the nazi Captain America thing and went to hell and became evil.

Oh, so he's not as cool as Puck, got it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah, they gave away the big bad at the end of this issue. Cheese is certainly involved, but Aaron's Avengers has been leading up to this, so this shouldn't be a spoiler. It's Mephisto.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, they gave away the big bad at the end of this issue. Cheese is certainly involved, but Aaron's Avengers has been leading up to this, so this shouldn't be a spoiler. It's Mephisto.

At least he gets to appear somewhere this year.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heroes reborn is about a universe remade in the image of distinctly american fascism, with a seemingly invincible version of the squadron supreme as its enforcers. also a lot of unrelated characters are merged together to better serve as villains? i don't know what's up with that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, and despite the name it has nothing to do with onslaught, franklin richards, counter-earth or rob liefeld.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's completely segregated from all other books as far as i can tell and has rated rated from decent to only-moderately-stupid, and the peter parker tie in last wek(???) had an amusing ending, so it has a leg up on a lot of other things recently

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also a lot of unrelated characters are merged together to better serve as villains? i don't know what's up with that.
It's a combination of Jason Aaron's love of mash-em-ups and trying to align things to seem more like Post-Crisis DC. I don't know that there are any explicit "two characters merged" things as much as the alternate reality tweaking things so that Doctor Doom gets the Cytorrak gem to seem more Doomsday, Red Skull gets a Venom Symbiote to be Not-Black-Mask, Thanos has Infinity Rings instead of a Gauntlet because he's a Doctor Spectrum/Green Lantern foe, Ultron is Metallo (with a Pym Particle Heart), Hulk is Bizarro, Peter Parker is Jimmy Olsen, etc.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Heroes Reborn is great, but I’ve been enjoying Aaron’s bonkers rear end Avengers from the start.

I've enjoyed the Heroes Reborn books much more than I would have anticipated. It's fun to play "What if...?" sometimes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's always fun to play "What if...?" unless you're Peter Parker.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Considering his current run, it’s never fun to play Peter Parker.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Yeah, the answer is invariably "everyone he knows and loves dies." Except for one time when he stayed with the Black Cat. I mean, Felicia died but he rebounded with Silver Sable so that was nice?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
How dare you

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

How dare you

Nice for Peter! And I guess for Sable. Not for Felicia.

I don't actually remember much about the story save it ended with Peter and Sable toasting in front of a fireplace.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Jason Aaron's Avengers has not been my cup of tea but a lot of the Heroes Reborn issues have been beautiful. Stokoe did great work, Federico Vincentini did a super fun issue too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

I mean the one where he lost his leg and retired to raise his daughter went pretty well for him.

And then Spider-Verse happened.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

X-O posted:

Oh gently caress, Sue is with Namor in Heroes Reborn isn't she

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Quotey posted:

Oh gently caress, Sue is with Namor in Heroes Reborn isn't she

Namor is in the negative zone prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the ff don't exist. reed and ben are running the negative zone prison, unpowered.