Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

Moon might as well be. He has done very well in the pendemic IMO.

the big talking point lately is that at thirty five percent approval ratings in his final year moon is actually the most popular south korean president of all time a very technically correct sort of assertion which people are interpreting less as meaning that moon is actually good and more as meaning that this countrys politics are a dumpster fire and only an idiot would get emotionally invested in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol at them using a talkback radio host as an expert commentator

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
13 dead in Taiwan today, already pass Korea first wave's highest number (that community spread caused by the crazy cult remember?)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ErykBagshaw/status/1397463107996327939

[Eurasia] I want to go to Australia, a Heaven-like place

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1397920259667947534

it baffles me that hes pointing this out despite otherwise being a big cheerleader of the moon biden summit because the only reason this talking point ever existed was to inflate the apparent importance of the summit and thats exactly how its being used now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1397909746443702279

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh god i finally figured out why the liberals are expecting people to be impressed by the increase in the missile limit

https://mobile.twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1397908939686154245

they think theyre owning the tankies because if south korea has more missiles they cant be an american colony

it has not occurred to them that the only possible reason south korea could have to want more missiles is to pick a fight with china which isnt actually in the interest of anyone aside from the united states

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao if SK builds an icbm

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Having lots of missiles means you're a big boy country and people have to take you seriously now.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

oh god i finally figured out why the liberals are expecting people to be impressed by the increase in the missile limit

https://mobile.twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1397908939686154245

they think theyre owning the tankies because if south korea has more missiles they cant be an american colony

it has not occurred to them that the only possible reason south korea could have to want more missiles is to pick a fight with china which isnt actually in the interest of anyone aside from the united states

This point of view is true in some way though, because China doesn't worry about SK developed and controlled missile pointing at China, China worry about US controlled missiles and radar system inside SK. So the SK left doesn't lose any favor with Beijing.

It's also a big get for limited amount of consession Korea give up (building more Samsung fab in the US without promising to cut down on the Samsung fab in China)

You should see the amount of diplomatic return Taiwan got for TSMC promising to build more fab in the US, literally nothing.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

wonder if the CPI(M)'s going

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/ErykBagshaw/status/1397463107996327939

[Eurasia] I want to go to Australia, a Heaven-like place

sticking to western ideas and lies like flies on poo poo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
not saying the quiet part loud is so passe

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1398015203363594243

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
From what I have seen of it, it has been so cut to pieces that it is going to almost make no impact beyond bailing Bezos out. That said, it wasn’t a loss in the first place.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
what did bezos need to be bailed out of?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I haven't read too much into this cringy named Endless Frontier Act, is it like "Made in USA 2025?"

Edit, lol that's 29 billion USD for 5 years. Huawei's R&D was 20 billions last year.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 23:45 on May 27, 2021

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mila kunis posted:

space

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ardennes posted:

From what I have seen of it, it has been so cut to pieces that it is going to almost make no impact beyond bailing Bezos out. That said, it wasn’t a loss in the first place.

yeah the jist of it is just "we need to invest in science/tech to stay competitive"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mila kunis posted:

He gets $10bil for spacex

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endless Frontier sounds like an japanese RPG

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

He gets $10bil for spacex

blue origin but yeah lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

yeah the jist of it is just "we need to invest in science/tech to stay competitive"

Originally it was going to turn the NSF into a siphon for 100b of start up money but i think it ended up around 20-30 billion of actual new spending.

To be honest most of that money would have been blown on Palantir or whatever.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Also this

https://twitter.com/BrendanBordelon/status/1392504187578109952?s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
(unrelated question) why not just build more Saturn Vs instead of inventing new poo poo to do the same job

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

(unrelated question) why not just build more Saturn Vs instead of inventing new poo poo to do the same job

the skillset required to build saturn Vs engines as they were in 1960s doesn't exist anymore in the USA. there's an overhauled design that'd make them simpler and cheaper to build, but someone has to fund it, and why fund nasa when you can give money to elong&benzos instead??

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The thing is that they actually built a modern and extremely expensive equivalent to the Saturn V, the SLS. All these contacts they are handing out are suppose to “save money” by hauling mostly cargo.

One way to stave off falling profits is just to live off the government.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truga posted:

the skillset required to build saturn Vs engines as they were in 1960s doesn't exist anymore in the USA. there's an overhauled design that'd make them simpler and cheaper to build, but someone has to fund it, and why fund nasa when you can give money to elong&benzos instead??

We basically don't make anything other than weapons and software to profile colored people.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Isn't Space X just straight up better than the other MIC space solutions anyways in this country? It's not like it's Musk vs NASA, it's Musk vs just as parasitical defense contractors

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

This point of view is true in some way though, because China doesn't worry about SK developed and controlled missile pointing at China, China worry about US controlled missiles and radar system inside SK. So the SK left doesn't lose any favor with Beijing.

people actually would be impressed if the liberals or anyone else renegotiated the current framework so that south korea doesnt need permission from the united states to make mundane changes to its military but thats rather pointedly not what moon did at the summit he explicitly validated the current system

quote:

You should see the amount of diplomatic return Taiwan got for TSMC promising to build more fab in the US, literally nothing.

i really dont understand why anyone is offering to give us anything right now considering were not even pretending like were going to give them anything in return

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It is very funny that Bezos hired ex contractors to run blue origin and got absolutely fleeced.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Endless Frontier sounds like an japanese RPG

It is.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNI0mFkhz8I

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
all the official institutions, tech giants and pundits lining up behind the lab leak theory is loving depressing

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so im not really a spongebob scholar or anything but i was kind of under the impression that he and patrick are basically children and squidward is engaged in a constant war with their naivete which makes this meme a bit of a mixed message

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReutersChina/status/1397779543469948933

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

drat beaten, nvm.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 14:59 on May 28, 2021

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Some Guy TT posted:

so im not really a spongebob scholar or anything but i was kind of under the impression that he and patrick are basically children and squidward is engaged in a constant war with their naivete which makes this meme a bit of a mixed message

The original joke is that SpongeBob and Patrick don't understand the big words Squidward is using

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

any spongebob meme that used that many words is not a good spongebob meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*