Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Killer robot posted:

I don't know much about Manchin's daughter or what she's done, but one thing I can say for sure is literally the only people in this thread who have suggested any crimes be ignored have been those endorsing an openly corrupt scheme where Democrats look the other way as long as Manchin kisses some leftist toes.

Which, you know, IS interesting.
Sure but the counter wasn't "she's innocent", it was "but then Manchin will switch parties", in other words they are looking the other way already as long as Manchin votes for a (D) majority leader.

Not saying the openly corrupt scheme is a good idea, just pointing out they're already being exactly that corrupt anyway, but it's apparently just treated as business as usual as long as they don't say it out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, you do in fact need to stop fascists from having power by any means necessary. This does not make you a fascist. It prevents fascism. I can't believe people are still saying this poo poo.

We voted out the Cheeto and stopped fascism. Opposing the government's violent sinister actions now means you're a dopey conspiracy chud, like it did 4 years ago.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I can't fund a non chud source for it, but Matt Gaetz is talking about running in 2024 for President (only if Donny doesn't so he can pardon him for being a sex trafficker)

Matt Gaetz Running in 2024 :911: (from the FBI)

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

I can't fund a non chud source for it, but Matt Gaetz is talking about running in 2024 for President (only if Donny doesn't so he can pardon him for being a sex trafficker)

Matt Gaetz Running in 2024 :911: (from the FBI)

I guess the only way out is up?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

James Garfield posted:

Threatening reprisals against Manchin's family doesn't stop fascists from having power, it gives them control of the senate.

That was a single example of something the democrats could do if they wanted to actually represent the people who voted for them and those peoples' interests. How concisely typical that the decorum police seized on it using the most extreme interpretation as some kind of holistic principled refutation.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cranappleberry posted:

No one has said the ARP hasn't passed. People have said it isn't enough. It's not.

Almost nobody (especially nobody in this thread) has said that it IS enough.

The point is when people kramer in here to Fight The USPOL Orthodoxy or whatever they think they're doing, they create a strawman that falls apart under even the slightest examination.

"What is the functional difference between Manchin and a GOP senator"1 is an easily answered question. He is functionally much better. He has supported things that help people that a GOP senator would not.

1. That doesn't make him good.

2. That doesn't make him less of a self centered turdlord.

3. This doesn't make the people who understand that difference and explain to you fans of his.

And that's frustrating. Politics is frustrating. But this plays out over and over again every time he comes up.

If you(generic "you") think that he's no more useful than a republican senator in his slot, then you don't get to pretend to have informed opinions on US politics. It's really basic poo poo.

1. source

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 27, 2021

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Sarcastr0 posted:

The GOP is fascist. But the Dems going full crimes and ‘any means necessary’ will not end with a less fascist government.

Yeah because they would just end up achieving the unified capitalist aims of the US governmental institution faster.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Kraftwerk posted:

Listen to this guy... and if you won't listen to him, do your research on every single revolution in history.

The Jacobins didn't wake up one morning and decide to execute the French King. It was a long process with a ton of misunderstandings and political misplays as well as some bad luck. They got more and more radical until they executed the King (who though incompetent would've been entirely inconsequential if he ruled in another era).

This is how it always goes. We aren't magically innocent just because we started this fight with progressive values. If you looked up what Robespierre believed in before the revolution and during the initial 1791 constitutional period there was no hint of what he'd do when he became a central figure of the Reign of Terror. This poo poo escalates and it often starts with people of good intentions becoming frustrated and violating their own principles of democracy etc in the name of political expediece. Every left wing movement is eventually at risk of falling into paranoid spirals where we start to see enemies inside and out in an attempt to defend our gains. At what point do we start turning the constitution into swiss cheese in the name of "security" and "defeating fascists"... How do we define fascists? Who are the political enemies and by what means do you propose we remove them? These scenarios NEVER work the way you think they do and what replaces the status quo often winds up being worse.

It's a happy stroke of luck the USA didn't turn into a military dictatorship and the only reason it didn't was because George Washington was more idealistic than he was self interested. It very well could've gone in a horrible new direction if it was anyone else.

I'm really glad we avoided that alternate future where the US became a unilateral globalized bully and slave trader for centuries.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's actually amazing how many times we've had the exact same conversation about Joe Manchin. Does he get this much attention anywhere else?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

UP AND ADAM posted:

That was a single example of something the democrats could do if they wanted to actually represent the people who voted for them and those peoples' interests. How concisely typical that the decorum police seized on it using the most extreme interpretation as some kind of holistic principled refutation.

Has someone certified that there is NO political pressure being put on him, either out in the open or behind closed doors?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

The point is when people kramer in here to Fight The USPOL Orthodoxy or whatever they think they're doing, they create a strawman that falls apart under even the slightest examination.

"What is the functional difference between Manchin and a GOP senator"1 is an easily answered question. He is functionally much better. He has supported things that help people that a GOP senator would not.

3. This doesn't make the people who understand that difference and explain to you fans of his.

And that's frustrating. Politics is frustrating. But this plays out over and over again every time he comes up.

If you(generic "you") think that he's no more useful than a republican senator in his slot, then you don't get to pretend to have informed opinions on US politics. It's really basic poo poo.

1. source

Yeah I totally get that it's frustrating. But also constantly bitching about him seems pointless. That's who the people elected and he represents them, if they wanted to elect MegaBernie they could've. Trying to blackmail him to do what his base doesn't want seems like a pretty bad idea.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

MSB3000 posted:

So may an undetected asteroid, supervolcano, nuclear war, or angry god. It's not the end of human civilization quite yet.

This is the kind of clear minded and intelligent perspective that makes me respect, appreciate, and support the united states democrat party. Thank you and everyone like you.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Grouchio posted:

Pffft HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you ever think for an instant the repercussions a Biden administration towards climate mitigation would bring, as opposed to another four years? Do you think nothing has been done since 2018? Have you done any research into the dents we're beginning to make against our fate?

Holy christ

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah I totally get that it's frustrating. But also constantly bitching about him seems pointless. That's who the people elected and he represents them, if they wanted to elect MegaBernie they could've. Trying to blackmail him to do what his base doesn't want seems like a pretty bad idea.

It's not pointless to complain about him. He's a bad person who does bad things.

It's pointless to keep coming into the thread and complaining that he's explicitly and functionally no different from a Republican, which is stupid, or that people here are defending him, which they're not.

It's not a useful discussion because it's based on a fight that somebody is looking to have and trying to create, rather than a response that moves discussion forward or increases knowledge.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I took a long nap and manchin chat is still going in circles, so shut up about manchin.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

shut up about manchin.

Ok, here's news: McDonalds is selling food. The catch is that it is Kpop food.

MSB3000
Jul 30, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I took a long nap and manchin chat is still going in circles, so shut up about manchin.

But he still exists!

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Tnega posted:

Ok, here's news: McDonalds is selling food.
Wow, that is big news.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tnega posted:

Ok, here's news: McDonalds is selling food. The catch is that it is Kpop food.

It doesn't come with a stick of butter?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

1. source

rather than what you have outlined here, I am pretty sure people are just disagreeing with how the situation is being handled by those who actually have power to handle it. I know I am.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

VitalSigns posted:

I just looked up this person and oh my god lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Bresch
Apparently you just get a free MBA if your daddy is the governor, but anyway the government is totally powerless you guys.

At a WVU basketball game in 1992, Bresch's father, politician Joe Manchin, mentioned his daughter's job search to Mylan CEO Milan Puskar, and the company soon after offered her a position in the quality control department of a factory in Morgantown, before eventually promoting her to the executive level.

e: didn't see the Manchin-chat warning

Pobrecito fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 28, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hoo boy that whole article sure is cool.

quote:

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration is defending a huge Trump-era oil and gas project in the North Slope of Alaska designed to produce more than 100,000 barrels of oil a day for the next 30 years, despite President Biden’s pledge to pivot the country away from fossil fuels.

The multibillion-dollar plan from ConocoPhillips to drill in part of the National Petroleum Reserve was approved by the Trump administration late last year. Environmental groups sued, arguing that the federal government failed to take into account the impact that drilling would have on fragile wildlife and that burning the oil would have on global warming.

The project, known as Willow, set up a choice for the Biden administration: decline to defend oil drilling and hinder a lucrative project that conflicts with its climate policy or support a federal decision backed by the state of Alaska, some tribal nations, unions and key officials, including Lisa Murkowski, a moderate Republican senator seen as a potential ally of the administration in an evenly split Senate.

On Wednesday, the administration filed a brief in U.S. District Court for Alaska, defending the Trump administration decision to greenlight the Willow project.

In a statement, the Interior Department said that the Trump administration decision complied with the environmental rules in place at the time and that the plaintiffs did not challenge the approval “within the time limitations associated with environmental review projects” for the National Petroleum Reserve.

The administration declined to explain how its position on the Willow project aligns with its climate change policies. But in its court filing, the government said the Trump administration adequately considered Willow’s impacts on fish, caribou and polar bear habitat. It also upheld the method used by the prior administration to account for the greenhouse gas emissions generated by the project.

“Conoco does have valid lease rights,” the filing states, noting that under law the company is entitled to develop its leases “subject to reasonable regulation.”

In a paradox worthy of Kafka, ConocoPhillips plans to install “chillers” into the permafrost — which is fast melting because of climate change — to keep it solid enough to support the equipment to drill for oil, the burning of which will continue to worsen ice melt.

Over the past 60 years, Alaska has warmed more than twice as fast as the rest of the United States. Arctic ecosystems are in disarray, sea ice is disappearing, sea levels are rising and the ground is thawing.

A federal court halted construction in February while the case is pending. The court could ultimately still decide against the project, its critics said. But oil and gas industry officials and members of Alaska’s congressional delegation, some of whom personally appealed to President Biden this week, said they believed the administration’s support would help it proceed.

Senator Dan Sullivan, Republican of Alaska, called the project a “big, big deal for Alaska, a big deal in my view for America” when speaking with reporters earlier this week. He said he raised the Willow project directly with President Biden when he and other members of the Alaska delegation went to the White House on Monday for the signing of a tourism bill allowing cruise ships to visit Alaska.

“He said he’d look into it and get back to us,” Mr. Sullivan told reporters after that White House meeting.

The decision comes just days after the International Energy Agency, the world’s top energy body, warned that governments must stop investing in new fossil fuel projects if they want to keep the increase in average global temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius, compared to preindustrial levels. That’s the threshold beyond which scientists say the Earth will experience irreversible damage.

It also stands in stark contrast to Mr. Biden’s pledge to cut United States emissions about in half by 2030, replace fossil fuels with solar, wind and other renewable energy and enhance protections for public lands and waters.

“This is especially disappointing coming from a president who promised to do better,” said Siqińic Maupin, executive director of Sovereign Ińupiat for a Living Arctic in Alaska.

Kristen Miller, acting director of the Alaska Wilderness League, said the burning of oil produced by the Willow project over its lifetime would create nearly 260 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions — about the equivalent of what is produced by 66 coal-fired power plants. But, she argued, the infrastructure also will lead to new oil and gas projects in the region.

“Not only does the project in itself have significant and long-lasting climate problems, it’s setting the stage for more emissions in the future,” Ms. Miller said.

Mr. Biden has taken significant steps to limit oil and gas development in the United States. One of his first acts as president was to temporarily freeze new oil and gas leases on public lands and offshore waters. He also placed a temporary moratorium on oil and gas drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which is still in place.

The Willow project is in the northeastern portion of the National Petroleum Reserve–Alaska, an area the federal government set aside for oil and gas development. The initial discovery of oil in the Willow area was made by ConocoPhillips Alaska in 2017, and the company has said the project is expected to create more than 1,000 jobs during peak construction, and more than 400 permanent jobs.

In October, David Bernhardt, Mr. Trump’s secretary of the Interior Department, approved a plan for the company to drill up to three sites and build about 37 miles of gravel roads, at least one airstrip, 386 miles of pipelines and an oil processing facility to support that drilling.

Rosemary Ahtuangaruak, an environmental activist and a resident of the nearby village Nuiqsut, said she believed the project would divert the normal migration of caribou, hurting the community’s ability to feed families.

“It’s going to be very devastating for our way of life,” Ms. Ahtuangaruak said. And, she added, communities like hers are already suffering the consequences of air pollution from other oil and gas projects as well as the impacts of climate change.

An administration that has made climate action a priority needs “to stand up to their words, not cave to the pressures of industry,” she said.

Other Alaska Native groups, however, said they welcomed the jobs as well as the state and local revenue expected to be generated by the project. In an April letter to Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, George Edwardson, president of the Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope, called oil drilling “critical to the economic survival of the eight Inupiat villages that call this region home” and said the Willow project had the group’s “strong support.”

“Alaska’s oil and gas industry provides much-needed jobs for our people, tax revenue to support our schools and health clinics, and support for basic public services,” he wrote.

If this was just a case of a Trump decision going ahead as planned I would understand (thought I would expect them to push back against it), but here they are actively giving it the go ahead. What's the deal here?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

If this was just a case of a Trump decision going ahead as planned I would understand (thought I would expect them to push back against it), but here they are actively giving it the go ahead. What's the deal here?

The decision was made, they are defending themselves in court. Obviously the administration has changed, but its still the US government answering a lawsuit. I'm guessing they decided they couldn't plausibly say "woops, the plaintiffs are completely right, and we made a terrible mistake. We should be forced to reverse this decision immediately".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well that sounds like a pretty bad decision to me!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

Well that sounds like a pretty bad decision to me!

It's a very bad decision. Folks are 100% correct to be outraged. Absolutely moronic.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Fister Roboto posted:

Hoo boy that whole article sure is cool.

The deal is that the Biden administration, and the Democratic party at large, is not going to do anything substantive to address climate change in any meaningful way.

We will rejoin the Paris Accords, but do nothing to actually ensure that the targets are met and plenty of other greenwashing projects. But anything that actually requires sacrifice, meaningful change, impacts on industry, etc. is a nonstarter.

Rigel posted:

The decision was made, they are defending themselves in court. Obviously the administration has changed, but its still the US government answering a lawsuit. I'm guessing they decided they couldn't plausibly say "woops, the plaintiffs are completely right, and we made a terrible mistake. We should be forced to reverse this decision immediately".

They absolutely could have dropped their defense of the approval and let the plaintiffs win. That kind of thing happens all the time when a new admin takes over.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Just tuned into C-SPAN and it's Murkowski apparently holding a talking filibuster?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Studies are showing basically what everyone was crowing about : pre-teens and teens are critical to stopping the spread of COVID:

https://twitter.com/Theobius/status/1398072608029954051?s=20

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

snorch posted:

Just tuned into C-SPAN and it's Murkowski apparently holding a talking filibuster?

For what?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Sure but the counter wasn't "she's innocent", it was "but then Manchin will switch parties", in other words they are looking the other way already as long as Manchin votes for a (D) majority leader.

Not saying the openly corrupt scheme is a good idea, just pointing out they're already being exactly that corrupt anyway, but it's apparently just treated as business as usual as long as they don't say it out loud

Absolutely no one was saying that Manchin would switch parties just because of his daughter being held accountable for crimes as a normal part of the justice system, though.

However, people were saying that Manchin would likely turn on Democrats if his daughter was targeted for explicitly political reasons, if and only if he refused to meekly comply with party bosses.

They were saying that because people in this thread were explicitly endorsing political corruption. All of those people were endorsing political corruption for the sake of putting the screws to a senator they disagree with.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Killer robot posted:

They were saying that because people in this thread were explicitly endorsing political corruption. All of those people were endorsing political corruption for the sake of putting the screws to a senator they disagree with.
I'm pretty sure it's less a simple 'disagree with' and more concerned we'll be hosed over

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

World Famous W posted:

I'm pretty sure it's less a simple 'disagree with' and more concerned we'll be hosed over

Understandable motivation especially if you still don't believe in the Manchin cycle or think there's no time for it, but still both toxic to both the short- and long-term goals of achieving a functioning left-wing government. It's not even some cunningly evil willingness to abuse the system, it's a hamfisted, Trump-brained mob boss plot that somehow is supposed to come out well because this time good guys are doing it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Killer robot posted:

Understandable motivation especially if you still don't believe in the Manchin cycle or think there's no time for it, but still both toxic to both the short- and long-term goals of achieving a functioning left-wing government. It's not even some cunningly evil willingness to abuse the system, it's a hamfisted, Trump-brained mob boss plot that somehow is supposed to come out well because this time good guys are doing it.

Out of curiosity at what stage of the Manchin cycle has he constantly said he's not going to do the thing even if it kills him?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CommieGIR posted:

Studies are showing basically what everyone was crowing about : pre-teens and teens are critical to stopping the spread of COVID:

More of a Canada chat thing but it would have been nice if Hinshaw had actually bothered to make this clear back in Alberta, which is now barreling forward with a reopening plan less than a month after they held the "worst COVID in North America" title for several weeks. Kenney and Hinshaw have seemingly given up on a COVID Zero approach and are making mealy mouthed excuses about how the lockdowns are bad for people so Alberta needs a balance between vaccines and easing restrictions and anyone who says otherwise or calls for caution is an anti-vaxxer. Because clearly wanting a well thought out reopening plan that includes kids and safe restarts means you think vaccines don't work.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Let's talk about a Venn diagram that is almost a single circle

https://twitter.com/robertpjones/status/1397954733659283460

I am a bit surprised by the number, but at the same time it seems about right.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Slightly less lovely times than otherwise in which the first world remains mostly intact. Middle of the road temp increases around 2.5C (could be way worse). Everything else depends on individual nations' adaptational abilities, tech breakthroughs like the exploding renewables market, hydroponics to prevent famine, emissions peaking earlier than once thought. Any small victory between 2018 and 2030 really counts and pays off later. Might lose 1 billion rather than 2, stuff like that.

And this is absolute nonsense. The first world relies on the third world to be able to maintain it's lifestyle. Unless you define intact as "technically still habitable" the first world will not be mostly intact.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Okay well I guess it doesn't count as being okay with thermonuclear war because you did have the caveat of saying "I don't believe a hot war with China will go nuclear so that means you're not allowed to say it would" but you do say an incredibly destructive war would be fine
So the difference is it's fine to do those things to people as long as they're foreign?

There are only two kinds of people who believe in the ends never justify the means those with inconsistent moral compasses but insist otherwise and people who are more interested in feeling morally clean than correct. It's an impossible line to never break and most people tend to realize that moral compasses are completely arbitrary and inconsistent.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 28, 2021

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Bishyaler posted:

Speaking of conservatives prepping for war.

"A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dp8j/gun-church-that-worships-with-ar-15s-bought-a-40-acre-compound-in-texas-for-its-patriots

Hmm, why does this sound familiar and likely to lead to a real bad outcome?

Anyways, totally unrelated, I need to stockpile some money for dildos and a tub of personal lube

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Bottom Liner posted:

It doesn't come with a stick of butter?

Comes with a free ticket to trump's next rally

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CommieGIR posted:

This really shouldn't be news to anyone. Everyone knows if you want to get sick, school is where to go.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Let's talk about a Venn diagram that is almost a single circle

https://twitter.com/robertpjones/status/1397954733659283460

I am a bit surprised by the number, but at the same time it seems about right.

This is america. One thing we embrace and celebrate is the stupidity of the average person, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

You have to realize that the average (Dem/Ind) American does not give a single gently caress about any of this. As long as they can keep watching sports, reality TV and netflix then it's OK if republicans steal elections. Look at this...

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1398016665632317445?s=20

The dem electorate loves bipartisanship and decorum meanwhile the republican party has been egging on their voters and pushing them ever rightward while dehumanizing liberals for decades.

And this is my message to all of the leftists ITT who are talking about revolution. When you step out into the streets you will find yourself extremely alone. The right controls all of the police departments, the military and all kinds of state/local legislatures. It is also very easy for them to take control of the presidency and senate with a minority of votes. Right wingers also love death squads and have been itching the last few years to run down peaceful protesters in the streets. There won't be any revolution. Just a handful of leftists getting their brains splattered on the pavement. There's also the supreme court which is completely hosed. The military won't do poo poo if republicans rig the system to steal wins away from dems. As long as they did it through the right channels that's all the excuse they need to ignore it.

There is nothing you can do except hope we don't lose the house in 2022 and win more senate seats. Talking about whether there have been successful revolutions or not is a complete waste of time. Republicans control this country.