Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

they can still be broken as hell, see: iowa

iowa was what happened when they were forced to do their corruption out in the open, it was probably way worse everywhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

There is no genocide occurring in Xinjiang
:yeah:

comedyblissoption posted:

just a reminder that bernie did really well in caucuses in 2016 and 2020, including a surprise upset in one of the dakota's semi-caucus later on in the 2020 primary as bernie was getting trounced everywhere else

caucuses are the only elections in the us that hand count ballots in public
if you want a democracy, having a secret ballot is pretty important, and in a caucus everyone can see how you voted

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Taffer posted:

they already don't get anything passed, manchin has nothing to do with it

It would at least wrap up the political system ins tight package.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 23:10 on May 27, 2021

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shipon posted:

if you want a democracy, having a secret ballot is pretty important, and in a caucus everyone can see how you voted
im not saying a caucus format is good

im saying the caucuses are the only elections in the US where ballots are handcounted in public

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/NGrossman81/status/1397599545840766980

genuinely having a lot of trouble figuring out if the point being made here is that al qaeda was far stronger or far weaker than what zaids implying

You don't bring a nuke to a boxcutter fight

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

rofl

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he did get it actually

"it" being:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Salean posted:

wow why is this doompilled bad faith poster allowed to poo poo up the dems good thread

You can’t stop me.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's been 77 days since ARP was signed into law and it has become orthodoxy among online leftists that it never happened.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

he did get it actually

"it" being:

nice picture of bernie's beach house

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

almost like it didn't do poo poo to solve the fundamental problems at hand

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 23:17 on May 27, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

nice picture of bernie's tool shed

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

obama got chewed out by AD Skinner again. Release the tapes!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

He wasn't allowed to talk about how much he likes them

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loving L O S E R S !!!!!!

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1398033457935224832

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Joe Biden posted:

You can’t stop me.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
honestly shocked that there were republican ads that said something positive about democrats

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

Imagine spending 2021 being mad that Bernie Sanders uses air conditioning

get this, he has a house too

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

There is no genocide occurring in Xinjiang

This

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Had the irs figured out taxes from Biden's covid bill yet, so you think?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lord of Pie posted:

get this, he has a house, two

three, actually

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

guh

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ECSD

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

don't worry, manchin will fall in line when it comes time to vote. i promise he always votes along party-lines, and will never make himself the deciding vote. i'm also a huge baby brain whose idea of politics begins and ends at the senate floor. absolutely no 'politicking' happens prior to a vote that influences what language is in a bill, or even what bills are voted on. the senators just walk into their chambers at 9 am each day, then bills magically appear on the dais, which are then immediately voted on until 5 pm when all the senators go home to their families.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I can think of no better statement to the condition of the united states government then one of the most powerful people, one of only 100 nationwide that were chosen to be ultimate decision makers for policy in this country, going "What? What are you talking about? I don't know" to an issue like abolishing the filibuster which has been talked about constantly since the election, often times in the senate itself. It's a core concept involved in almost any actual policy going forward.

Yet this decrepit old ghoul worth tens of millions of dollars literally has no idea what's going on because she doesn't have to. She is elected royalty that isn't accountable to people and can do whatever she wants. Which is jerk off in piles of money before getting re-elected for a millionth term where she provides nothing for no one.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 00:01 on May 28, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Suntimes/status/1397611220413321219?s=20

what the gently caress is this

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

wrong thread

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, rfk jr. sued markos to find out the name of some poster who wrote a dailykos diary about rfk's anti-vax poo poo and markos lost the first round in court.

eta: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/05/25/2031959/-Robert-Kennedy-Jr-cavorts-with-Nazis,-and-suing-Daily-Kos-wont-make-that-any-less-true

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mcmagic posted:

There isn't going to be a wave of people shooting their landlords and bosses. This is an extremely violent country and giving more people more guns is going to result in more people dying and most of those people won't be the bosses or landlords you want them to be.

go back to dnd

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like how the poster vehemently arguing against forcing the vote for universal healthcare is whining about something like guns......BeCaUsE tHeY hUrT PeOpLe

Maybe less people would get shot if we improved conditions in society, somehow. Otherwise your plan to enable horrific conditions being forced upon us while advocating for making the world forget about gunpowder is kinda loving stupid, rear end in a top hat.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Yinlock posted:

It's been 77 days since ARP was signed into law and it has become orthodoxy among online leftists that it never happened.

cause i never got my money

joe biden owes me $2000

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Maybe less people would get shot if we improved conditions in society, somehow. Otherwise your plan to enable horrific conditions being forced upon us while advocating for making the world forget about gunpowder is kinda loving stupid, rear end in a top hat.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is this implying a pro-cop coup

lol, imagine January 6th, but without Trump delaying the national guard by 20 minutes

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

i like how the poster vehemently arguing against forcing the vote for universal healthcare is whining about something like guns......BeCaUsE tHeY hUrT PeOpLe

fewer than half as many americans die of gun violence every year than die of being uninsured or underinsured.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 02:02 on May 28, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Joe Biden?

*long drag off cigarette*

You know that motherfucker owes me $600?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

BREAKING: bernie sanders uses far more than the three houses previously reported. new allegations claim he demanded to sleep in an entirely different place in each city he visited while campaigning.

when reached for comment, sanders said, "you should vote for my very good friend joe biden who has done nothing wrong."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

loquacius posted:

The Hill is running the king sized bed story too, slow news day I guess

here's a cross-section of the people who are still mad about this

https://twitter.com/EmilSunjic/status/1398005301266235396

https://twitter.com/melisianyc/status/1398006832602439687

It was the 2x$20,000 Fridges. Not the ice cream.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

It was also the ice cream

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the ice cream has some real epstein vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1398048782521180160?s=19

"Vaush is not racist" almost immediately following a bunch of slurs