Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1397501312410038272

Weekly reminder to DEFUND THE CBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe your kids want to die, have you ever considered that? of course not, because you're a terrible parent - the cbc

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

oh no the child that i have full parental control over when it comes to health decisions is being stupid about their health decisions, BETTER CALL THE CBC!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i dont know what the rules are in other provinces but in manitoba 16 and 17 year olds can give consent for vaccines with out parental approve and 12-15 year olds can show up and give informed consent without parental approval as long as a public health nurse declares them right of mind or whatever

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I thought 16+ you can make your own medical decisions

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It varies by province and by patient but a teenager who articulates it absolutely can refuse consent

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

If you can demonstrate an adult capacity re: decision making (weigh implications of accepting/refusing, considers alternates, etc..) you can make your own medical decisions. Teens in Canada have for example been allowed to die via refusing blood transfusions as a Jehova's Witness, or refusing cancer treatment to pursue pseudoscience instead.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Fried Watermelon posted:

you're probably right, i just assume that anyone under the age of 18 is a mewling baby

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

This has been the exact same intellectually dishonest calculus the BC government has been making the entire pandemic - why would it change now?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

DariusLikewise posted:

i dont know what the rules are in other provinces but in manitoba 16 and 17 year olds can give consent for vaccines with out parental approve and 12-15 year olds can show up and give informed consent without parental approval as long as a public health nurse declares them right of mind or whatever

That's essentially how it is in BC too. Kids/teens of sound mind can go to a doctor, get birth control, talk about drug addiction, get vaccinated, etc. with total patient confidentiality. Parents don't need to be informed.

It's really not as big a deal as many people are making it out to be.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
the only thing that's a problem about any of that is people not wanting to get a vax

doesn't matter if you're 16 or 60 if you decline vaccination you're a public health risk and should be exiled

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

flakeloaf posted:

It varies by province and by patient but a teenager who articulates it absolutely can refuse consent

Oh yeah, I just question the journalism in blasting this information on the national public news broadcaster mid- pandemic.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
getting the cbc to run an article on the fact that your son is a dumbfuck is a pretty incredible dunk tho

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Trv3Uize0M

lol

edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/jwsthomson/status/1397647061848186880

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 23:04 on May 26, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

^^^ Edit: I hate Ontario for announcing an opening plan, because now every loving province is tripping over themselves to outdo each other when we should be following a much more measured approach. I personally would want at least 80% vaccine uptake before we even consider business resumption.

Another Bill posted:

Oh yeah, I just question the journalism in blasting this information on the national public news broadcaster mid- pandemic.

I mean, the article is mainly informing the reader about how to engage vaccine hesitant kids whom are getting their information from lovely places.

It seems...fine?

mom and dad fight a lot has issued a correction as of 23:12 on May 26, 2021

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I wonder if we'll close immediately if hospitalizations start to climb, or if Kenney will spend a few weeks whining about personal responsibility again.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
what'll kill the most poors?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Chamale posted:

I wonder if we'll close immediately if hospitalizations start to climb, or if Kenney will spend a few weeks whining about personal responsibility again.

Take a tip from us good people in manitoba-Kenney will call an elected official an rear end in a top hat, hold a weekend conference to blame America, and then they will just wag their fingers at you to smarten up until you hopefully vaccinate your way through it. Oh sure there will be dead, and suffering but it's not happening to them personally.

CrcleSqreSanchz has issued a correction as of 01:10 on May 27, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Kenney will call an elected official an rear end in a top hat, hold a weekend conference to blame America,

He will absolutely not do one of those two things

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kazinsal posted:

the only thing that's a problem about any of that is people not wanting to get a vax

doesn't matter if you're 16 or 60 if you decline vaccination you're a public health risk and should be exiled

get the people who refuse (not the people who can't get a vaccine) and set 'em out to sea on an ice floe

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

me: *has a moral extensional crisis over using metis status to jump the queue and get my 2nd dose faster*

father-in-law: *books 2nd dose declaring metis status despite the fact he was born in the netherlands because healthcare workers will not check for documentation*

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

DariusLikewise posted:

me: *has a moral extensional crisis over using metis status to jump the queue and get my 2nd dose faster*

As Metis, I felt the same way, but I booked my 2nd dose anyway.
The Leila supersite is accepting walk-ins today for 1st or 2nd Moderna doses; also I anecdotally know of a handful of people still waiting to book their first dose so that "others who need it more can get vaxxed" so I only feel a bit guilty about having my 2nd dose booked already.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

every arm it goes in helps us all.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
if you can get a shot, get a shot

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

ColdBlooded posted:

As Metis, I felt the same way, but I booked my 2nd dose anyway.
The Leila supersite is accepting walk-ins today for 1st or 2nd Moderna doses; also I anecdotally know of a handful of people still waiting to book their first dose so that "others who need it more can get vaxxed" so I only feel a bit guilty about having my 2nd dose booked already.

i ended up booking as well, june 8th. mb has like 150k vaccines stockpiled right so the way i see it im not taking away anyones shot just getting it sooner

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

if you can get a shot, get a shot

It's really this. I mean, I'm not going to pretend to be a minority because I'm a super WASP and that's just wrong but yeah, if you can just loving do it.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If we ever get the option, I'm getting every version of the shot I possibly can.

gently caress COVID-19. I want you gone from my life and I'm willing to risk side effects to do it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

father-in-law: *books 2nd dose declaring metis status despite the fact he was born in the netherlands because healthcare workers will not check for documentation*

Just book it in the Morden supersite, not like they are using them down here.

If anyone has a problem tell them to call Indigenous Services Canada and stay on hold for several hours.

Not my fault I got the pale skin from my dad

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Take a tip from us good people in manitoba-Kenney will call an elected official an rear end in a top hat, hold a weekend conference to blame America, and then they will just wag their fingers at you to smarten up until you hopefully vaccinate your way through it. Oh sure there will be dead, and suffering but it's not happening to them personally.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I like my covid like I like my america

dead and burnt to the ground by the manifestation of the will of the people, and only existing in our memories

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Purge the memories too imo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/rCanadaHousing/status/1398014898211213313?s=19

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm getting called back to work

I work in a bar in Ontario.

The general public was told we would be lifting restrictions on indoor dining on the 14th of June, but it looks like bars are being told to prepare for earlier than that, possibly before the 7th of June. The UK is totally cool with mainlining 10 deaths a day and so are we. Enjoy your wings. Open er up.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Just so we're clear, us doing this will let other provinces feel emboldened to do the same, regardless of case numbers and hospitalizations. It's all just down to vaccines now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cash crab posted:

I'm getting called back to work

I work in a bar in Ontario.

The general public was told we would be lifting restrictions on indoor dining on the 14th of June, but it looks like bars are being told to prepare for earlier than that, possibly before the 7th of June. The UK is totally cool with mainlining 10 deaths a day and so are we. Enjoy your wings. Open er up.

It's patios that are opening up, outdoor dining is very safe

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

If we ever get the option, I'm getting every version of the shot I possibly can.

gently caress COVID-19. I want you gone from my life and I'm willing to risk side effects to do it.

i'm in windsor in a covid hotspot. when i went in to shoppers today for my vaccine there was a couple ahead of me that the pharmacist had to interrogate and seemed very suspicious. apparently her computer showed them signing up for another vaccine in ottawa the day before and she had to make sure they were not getting two shots back to back

thats a 7 hour drive to shop around for vaccines :psyduck:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Terror Sweat posted:

It's patios that are opening up, outdoor dining is very safe

Yep, for the customers. I'm staff. Last summer, one of the employees at my bar routinely went to speakeasies and had house parties. She personally had three COVID scares that I was aware of, and never wore a mask in the back. Most employees, once out of view of customers, would remove their masks because it's like 40℃ here sometimes and it becomes impossible to breath normally. I don't know if you've ever jogged for several hours wearing an N95 in super hot weather, but it's very uncomfortable to the point of making you feel sick.

Also, if you, as a customer, goes to a restaurant, your risk of exposure is minimal, but my exposure, two feet away from every unmasked, seated customer (a necessity, since I need to put stuff on your table), combined with going inside a poorly ventilated restaurant hundreds of times at a jogging pace, increases my risk.

Segue
May 23, 2007

cash crab posted:

Yep, for the customers. I'm staff. Last summer, one of the employees at my bar routinely went to speakeasies and had house parties. She personally had three COVID scares that I was aware of, and never wore a mask in the back. Most employees, once out of view of customers, would remove their masks because it's like 40℃ here sometimes and it becomes impossible to breath normally. I don't know if you've ever jogged for several hours wearing an N95 in super hot weather, but it's very uncomfortable to the point of making you feel sick.

Also, if you, as a customer, goes to a restaurant, your risk of exposure is minimal, but my exposure, two feet away from every unmasked, seated customer (a necessity, since I need to put stuff on your table), combined with going inside a poorly ventilated restaurant hundreds of times at a jogging pace, increases my risk.

Exactly this. The decision making by comfortable work from home bureaucrats and politicians is the most frustrating thing. Outdoor activities are safe because to them it's the consumers that matter not the people.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cash crab posted:

Then don't work there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cash crab posted:

do you know how many of your coworkers have had at least one vaccination shot?